ADVERTISEMENT

Cutting the cord question for fellow Kentucky Fans

I'm in the process of cutting the cord and getting rid of the ridiculously expensive Comcast/Xfinity cable. Does anyone have suggestions for an alternative that would get me Kentucky Basketball here in Pennsylvania? I'm thinking about YouTube TV and seeing what else I need.

Sorry, I know this is sort of off topic, but it is really about me not losing my access to Kentucky games.

Thanks in advance!
I just cancelled Direct TV and am now sharing YouTube TV with someone. It has the SEC Network on it and is about $80 a month. You can have a "family" of 4-5 people, and everyone can split costs so you could pay as little as $15-20 a month for it.

You will get every game but probably 1-2 November cupcake games aka “computer games” that aren’t broadcast anywhere but online.
If you’re using say, a fire stick, you simply log into the Espn App using your YTTV credentials. Then you can watch the “online” game there right on your TV.

If you are a NFL fan, YTTV has Sunday Ticket. Right now they are running a discount. After it expires Sunday Ticket is like $349. I THINK you can do 3, maybe it is 4 installment payments for it though. If not mistaken.

Edit : You can do 4 payments of $87.25 (non cancelable) for Sunday Ticket. BUT you must have at least the You Tube TV basic package.

Last edited:
I've had youtube tv for several years and it has been good. I'm annoyed at present because their rates are ticking up and they dropped mlb network over a dispute. Not seeing my Dodgers sucks.

I test drove YouTubeTV for a few months. I canceled it (because I'm hardly watching reg TV these days) but will turn it back on for the season. Actually, I'll probably break down and turn it back on for the Olympics. I was happy with it though. A negative was that I wasn't a huge fan of the interface through my FireTV and it's limited remote features.

You get a discount your first three months, so my advice (if your primarily only getting it for UK basketball) is to wait til right before the first game.

Also, a great feature of YTTV, is that you can take it with you on your phone. That way you don't have to miss anything when your nephew decides to get married on a Saturday afternoon mega game day.
that is the best part about yttv is being able to pause and restart without penalty

I just cancelled Direct TV and am now sharing YouTube TV with someone. It has the SEC Network on it and is about $80 a month. You can have a "family" of 4-5 people, and everyone can split costs so you could pay as little as $15-20 a month for it.
If they aren't typically watching in the same house, your "family" will get shut down at some point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT