ADVERTISEMENT

Miss State basketball fans must really hate Kentucky...

It is bad enough that Kentucky leads the overall series 96-19. (103-21 if you count the games when they were Mississippi A&M.)

But think about some of the crushing losses at their arena or in other big games. I was recalling the game in 2004 when Eric Daniels just grabbed an errant pass out of the air and scooped it in as the clock struck zero in the Hump.

And consider 2010: Two OT losses in one year. Kentucky beats a pretty good MSU team on the road in OT (the Cousins 'call me' game.) Then in the SEC Tourney final, with the Bulldogs NCAA tourney hopes in the balance, Kentucky pulls off the extremely rare intentional missed FT play with Cousins scoring at the buzzer to force OT, with the Cats then pulling away.

Even when the Cats had some bad or ordinary teams like 2021 and 2022, they won OT games against MSU, once there once in Rupp.

Then last night.

So many Lucy pulling the football moments for one group of fans to suffer at the hands of Kentucky. And it's a pretty rabid bunch. No wonder they seem to get louder and angrier and uglier every time the Cats play there.
Yeah, there was a pompous Miss St fan sitting in front of me making a ton of indirect comments towards me about the CATS! Obviously, they were winning for the bulk of the game, but damn if those last 4 minutes weren’t glorious! He stormed out of there after Reeds shot without much to say. Also several of their fans got really pissed during the GBB chants at the end! Loved watching their night be ruined😂😂😂

Hello I hope the OP doesn't mind. I am not try to derail the thread but I wanted to post a Jerry Clower Coon Hunting Story... 😅

Yeah, there was a pompous Miss St fan sitting in front of me making a ton of indirect comments towards me about the CATS! Obviously, they were winning for the bulk of the game, but damn if those last 4 minutes weren’t glorious! He stormed out of there after Reeds shot without much to say. Also several of their fans got really pissed during the GBB chants at the end! Loved watching their night be ruined😂😂😂
Thank you. Awesome to hear that. Lol

Reactions: ukfan041 and BBUK
Hello I hope the OP doesn't mind. I am not try to derail the thread but I wanted to post a Jerry Clower Coon Hunting Story... 😅

Ohh lord I’m on the damn floor man. I remember my dad, a few of his old buddies and their papaw old Dan went to the river camping when I was younger and one of them brought that tape. lol. We listened to it about all night and every one of us had about the best time anyone could have. I was about 14 I think and one of the men’s son Shawn was probably about 17 or so, so of course we had to sneak us a few beers and a half pint of old Kessler he had got from our trusty bootlegger. lol. Anyway, we snuck off to drink us a few and found an old 6x6 building and someone had locked two coon dogs in it, they were half starving to death. I let them out of course and I was going to bring them to camp and feed them. Before we got back though they took off and treed the biggest coon I had ever seen then or since. Well, that coon beat the snot out of both of them and they took off. Haha. I know you kinda had to be there but instead of John, I Said “Hawww. Run um down Shawn!” We laughed about that for years. Thanks BBUK. He was a legend man and one the funniest people to walk the world.

• Haha
Reactions: BBUK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT