ADVERTISEMENT

Commonwealth Stadium moves down to 2nd biggest in state come 2018 now

Gotta disagree. Yes, becoming better than UK was a part of a much larger plan, but it wasn't UK that reached down and pulled us up. That decision and plan was laid into motion in 1985 when UofL chose between hiring Schnellenberger or dropping to D-2.

Before the UK series, we already had several bowl wins, wins against good teams, etc.

Other than a stadium, we were at your level or perhaps a bit better when the series started.
Uavel sux and always has

FYI. The reality is that there was nothing shady or illegal about the Yum Center lease. The city needed UofL as the anchor tenant in order for it to be built. UofL was proceeding with plans to build an arena on campus before the city approached them with the Yum Center deal.
Uavel is a dirty bird lots of graft and corruption always has been

Not true....so far in the 2016-17 school year, UK has not lost to UL. Swept UL in volleyball a couple of weeks ago which is I think 5 straight years now and both UK soccer teams beat UL recently. I know these sports don't matter to most on here but lets at least get the facts right. Other than FB and baseball, UK has actually kicked UL's ass. I do think UL beat UK in a swim meet last year.
I think UL beat UK in baseball twice this year.

What I find interesting is most of these UL trolls from the tard board are no where to be found during basketball season when UK beats that cheating, whore mongering ass year after year. Yet they come in mass during football season.
Nobody cares about basketball dude. I've lived in five different states and not one single person gave a rats ass about basketball until I came back here for thanksgiving and Christmas. Basketball is a very feminine sport anyways March madness if good to pass the time until derby

Nobody cares about basketball dude. I've lived in five different states and not one single person gave a rats ass about basketball until I came back here for thanksgiving and Christmas. Basketball is a very feminine sport anyways March madness if good to pass the time until derby
I would call you a moron but that would be an insult to morons. Dude.

Jurich gets a pass by the Louisville media and always has......has anyone ever asked Jurich any tough questions about the stripper scandal? Has he answered any of them?

Although you are correct that no one has, that is mainly because people in the media know that asking questions about it at this time would be pointless. No one at UofL is allowed to comment on the case until several more steps in the NCAA process are complete.

I expect there will be many questions asked (and very few answered) once the case is complete.

Last edited:
FYI. The reality is that there was nothing shady or illegal about the Yum Center lease. The city needed UofL as the anchor tenant in order for it to be built. UofL was proceeding with plans to build an arena on campus before the city approached them with the Yum Center deal.
You're either a fool or a liar.

The Tards were negotiating with themselves.

Corrupt to the core, the UL way. Just win, baby. Illegal deals, whores in the dorms, dead cheerleaders covered up...

There isn't a SINGLE line your scumbag school won't/hasn't crossed without blinking an eye.

I agree with MB on this one for the following reasons:

1)the tailgaters are getting older and dying off.

2) the world has changed. Young folks simply have too many other attractive alternatives and responsibilities
i. e. More youth sports with longer seasons,HDTV where you can watch not only UK but the best teams in the nation for free.
IMHO attendance at sporting events will continue to decline and I see no reason to build unneeded seats just to have bragging rights with UL. The way to do that s to win.

Having said all of that I still firmly believe if we had hired Mike Leach when we hired 1) Brooks 2) Joker or 3) Stoops we would have already expanded the stadium and would have twenty thousand more season ticket holders who felt " connected " to the university and would also have given substantial amounts to the academic side because they felt part of it. On this of course we will never know.

Although you are correct that no one has, that is mainly because people in the media know that asking questions about it at this time would be pointless. No one at UofL is allowed to comment on the case until several more steps in the NCAA process are complete.

I expect there will be many questions asked (and very few answered) once the case is complete.
SEXtino will lie just as he did when he porked Sypher ,paid for the abortion and tried to fluff it off.The whole fan base at that slime pit wants to win at all costs..An axe murderer would be welcome at uavel..The NCAA should shut that dung heap down forthwith..

SEXtino will lie just as he did when he porked Sypher ,paid for the abortion and tried to fluff it off.The whole fan base at that slime pit wants to win at all costs..An axe murderer would be welcome at uavel..The NCAA should shut that dung heap down forthwith..
Let's not act like UK has walked the straight and narrow path over its history.

2) the world has changed. Young folks simply have too many other attractive alternatives and responsibilities
i. e. More youth sports with longer seasons,HDTV where you can watch not only UK but the best teams in the nation for free.
IMHO attendance at sporting events will continue to decline and I see no reason to build unneeded seats just to have bragging rights with UL. The way to do that s to win.

Having said all of that I still firmly believe if we had hired Mike Leach when we hired 1) Brooks 2) Joker or 3) Stoops we would have already expanded the stadium and would have twenty thousand more season ticket holders who felt " connected " to the university and would also have given substantial amounts to the academic side because they felt part of it. On this of course we will never know.
All of those are true of my (the younger generation) but what also isn't mentioned is inflation over the years means starting salaries aren't equal in buying power to what they were in the 50's and 60's and so on. Work schedules nowadays mean Saturday for a lot of people is a normal work day. I work two jobs to pay my mortgage, keep the fiance happy, and all of our needs met. Discretionary spending money just doesnt exist for a lot of young folks, even those who are educated. Paying off exorbitant student loans is another major financial issue. Its just not feasible for a lot of folks. Myself, I had season tickets for a few seasons when I was finally able to afford them, but gave them up due to more pressing financial obligations. I still go to whichever games I can though.

Last edited:

And we're tired of sitting an extra 45 minutes/game for commercials & replays while the time is filled with ear splitting noise that some consider music. Can't even talk to the person next to you.

Let's not act like UK has walked the straight and narrow path over its history.

Why do you even respond to that internet weirdo? He just a whacko. Just ignore him. You can often get a vibe of how rational, intelligent, mature, or off the rocker posters are by what they say. That's one to just stay away from, not interact with.

Reactions: Pervis_Griffith
Louisville is absolutely kicking Topbutton and UK's ass everywhere except for basketball.

Just take a drive to elizabethown, Somerset, Lawrenceburg, Danville... name the town. You used to be hard pressed to find a UofL fan anywhere. Now I'd say Etown you see about 60-40 blue and in Somerset/Danville it's probably about 70-30.
Hold on there, I've lived in Somerset for 48 years and while you do occasionally see a Tard license plate or bumper sticker it isn't even close to being 70/30. Are there more than there were? Yup but, only because the Tard's are riding the crest of a football surge recently. If Petrino bolts for LSU or Texas and UofL slips into mediocrity again, all those bandwagon fans will slip quietly back into their Crown Royal bottles.

On the bigger stadium issue, unless you're trying to compensate for some short-comings elsewhere, it really isn't that important. However, quality and size of a stadium does reflect on the state of the program it serves.
Alabama and Texas A&M recently expanded their stadiums. Bama will always fill or come very close to filling Bryant-Denney. TAMU was questioned about their expansion plans while turning in very mediocre (by their standards) seasons the last couple of years. Of course this year, they're tearing it up so all is well.
But, the argument could be made that TAMU is now on course to pass Texas as the dominant program in that state. Not so much for what TAMU has done as much as what Texas hasn't. Same situation here in KY on a much smaller scale.

And we're tired of sitting an extra 45 minutes/game for commercials & replays while the time is filled with ear splitting noise that some consider music. Can't even talk to the person next to you.
Amen. Amen. I'm sure my wife gets tired of me complaining about the guy I n the red hat delaying the game and breaking the momentum of it. Can't stand it.

And the loud rap music is for the younger set but it sure is nice not to have to listen to it at home.with you on both well made points.

Honestly I don't understand this thread...Revamped CWS And the new training facility puts UK easily with one of the top ten football facilities in the country and yes ahead of anything Otis has...when the extra seats are needed they will be added ...much more concerned with getting the right coach to lead the program, EVERYTHING else is in place.

Honestly I don't understand this thread...Revamped CWS And the new training facility puts UK easily with one of the top ten football facilities in the country and yes ahead of anything Otis has...when the extra seats are needed they will be added ...much more concerned with getting the right coach to lead the program, EVERYTHING else is in place.
UK's renovation of CWS may have surpassed some stadiums but mostly all it did was allow U.K. To catch up some to what others already had.

UK's renovation of CWS may have surpassed some stadiums but mostly all it did was allow U.K. To catch up some to what others already had.
Top ten Otis , whether you like it or not...I have been to pizza pit and to ten sec venues...only place nicer is Ala...SC best pregame atmoslpere...

Last edited:
I don't know two Kentucky fans that have bought season tickets at Papa John's. I think some are confusing that with a swap of loyalties. I had season tickets at Kentucky a couple years in the late 90's because I lived in Lexington; but I damned sure was rooting for Louisville when we played.

I've never quite grasped the obsession with the number of people who need to be at your games whether it be regular season, Spring Games or bowl games as a barometer of performance. Nobody hangs a banner with attendance on it. I never gave a crap how many fans were in Memphis in the 2004 Liberty Bowl or the 2006 Orange Bowl or the Sugar Bowl for that matter. It only mattered to me that we were there. It's something that strikes me as a little different from our fan base in Louisville and yours at Kentucky. It's a cheap wedge issue.

In the end people will show up when you are competitive, and will stay warm at home or take in the races through the last one at Keeneland if you aren't.

I know many UL football fans. Most of them care about their attendance and how many fans travel. They want perception for recruiting and for bowl committees just like other fan bases. UL fans, like UK fans, brag about how many in their fan base turned out for events. This is not a phenomenon unique to either group.

Such ignorance. UL had zero plans to build their own bball arena, none.

And who in "The City" negotiated the Yum contract? Nothing but UL alums & UL board of trustee members & UL fans.

There was zero true negotiation. The citizens were bambozzled on that deal in many different ways. The motivations varied from city to school, but the taxpayer was the only one who had no one truly protecting their interest at the table. Many UL fans saw this, but kind of like hiring BP, the upside was too tempting to complain for most.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/180270918/

Sorry, but there were proposals for one to go on the silo site and then the KFEC was pushing hard to keep UofL there with a 21,500 expansion/remodel. UofL really was pushing for those two options when city leaders got involved and arm twisted UofL into a deal they just couldn't refuse.

I think anyone who thinks UL was going to build their own arena fell for the negotiating ruse. It was a leverage move.

I actually know 2 people that have converted to UofL for football but remain UK for basketball. I also know one person who switched completely from UK fan hood to UofL fan hood. I live in Louisville so that's probably less surprising than in your area.
I run with a bunch of old guys who are sports nuts. Yes , I probably know ten or so people who were/are UK fans but switched to UL football during the years of neglect of our program. As one told me." It's all supposed to be fun. It's just more fun to watch UL football."

Don't kill the messenger . I still have my UK season tickets which I have had since Stoll field. But it is hard to argue with guys that for some reason think watching sports is supposed to be fun.

What was it Curry called us? the FOM. It's a shame our administration took too long to catch on that not reinvesting in the cash cow was killing it but what it is it is.

I've personally have been to most of the SEC football venues,and U.K. has as nice or better football facilities than all of them. This is based on the parking,tailgating, bathrooms ,concourse size and attractiveness,seating,sight lines, and not sitting in a seat that is 12 inches wide ,with no backs! Others may be bigger, but they are a lot older, with the lack of amenities,other than more luxury suites. Obviously if U.K. had a more successful football program,capacity wouldn't be a problem!

I run with a bunch of old guys who are sports nuts. Yes , I probably know ten or so people who were/are UK fans but switched to UL football during the years of neglect of our program. As one told me." It's all supposed to be fun. It's just more fun to watch UL football."

Don't kill the messenger . I still have my UK season tickets which I have had since Stoll field. But it is hard to argue with guys that for some reason think watching sports is supposed to be fun.

What was it Curry called us? the FOM. It's a shame our administration took too long to catch on that not reinvesting in the cash cow was killing it but what it is it is.
With all due respect to you, but NO TRUE SELF RESPECTING UK FAN WOULD EVER switch and become an Otis fan...NEVER!!!

I've personally have been to most of the SEC football venues,and U.K. has as nice or better football facilities than all of them. This is based on the parking,tailgating, bathrooms ,concourse size and attractiveness,seating,sight lines, and not sitting in a seat that is 12 inches wide ,with no backs! Others may be bigger, but they are a lot older, with the lack of amenities,other than more luxury suites. Obviously if U.K. had a more successful football program,capacity wouldn't be a problem"![/QUOT"
^^^^
I been to all of-em except Ole Miss at Oxford. Saw that game in Jackson.
Your absolutely right on all counts. Held season tickets at UofL their first two season in the Papa and other than chairs backs I include them in the above.

I've read multiple mentions here of disillusioned UK football fans switching allegiances to UofL. And although that would be a cool story to hear for a UofL fan, do any of you actually know someone who made that switch. I don't. As many of you know, I live in a mostly UK centric world with family, friends, and co-workers. I know plenty of disillusioned UK football fans (LONG time disillusioned fans), but I don't know, or have ever even heard first hand, of a single UK fan who came over the Cardinal's side, not even just for football. So, you tell me, is this rumor of wandering UK football fans fact or fiction? I'm guessing mostly fiction. Some of you guys may have lost interest in your football program, but I don't see any of you changing sides. You ARE traditionally admirably loyal like that. Kudos on that.

@Steelers2012

Welcome back to the place where you can respectfully discuss and disagree without being banned.

How about you try this sometime?

Surely after all of these years you have matured and stopped banning people based upon the team they support?

Be great if you un-ban many UK posters who didn't violate board rules and simply disagreed with the UL faithful...

Reactions: Steelers2012
Jurich gets a pass by the Louisville media and always has......has anyone ever asked Jurich any tough questions about the stripper scandal? Has he answered any of them?
They WIN and except for MJ , TJ controls the media in Lou...pay for play

@Steelers2012

Welcome back to the place where you can respectfully discuss and disagree without being banned.

How about you try this sometime?

Surely after all of these years you have matured and stopped banning people based upon the team they support?

Be great if you un-ban many UK posters who didn't violate board rules and simply disagreed with the UL faithful...
I'm one and don't give a damn to ever go back...his ass should not be allowed to post here..PERIOD

Reactions: brianpoe
UL expansion plans moved up a year

Truly no better example of what Mitch Barnhart has caused to happen during his tenure as Athletic Director of the University of Kentucky. The '99 expansion of CM Newton bulldozed down by 8,000 seats, meanwhile UL zooming past us not only on the field winning most of the time against us & posting far better records, but now even seats up in the stands as well.
They got to fill them!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT