ADVERTISEMENT

Commonwealth Stadium moves down to 2nd biggest in state come 2018 now

Not even close to being true. Did the recruiting budget include a recruiting room of fold up chairs ? Your statement is almost as clueless as it gets.
You think the construction of a facility is included in the recruiting budget and you call me clueless. The recruiting budget is what they spend for travel expenses for recruiting trips. What the hell does a recruiting room have to do with that? Never mind, you guys can never answer questions about the moronic claims you make. Stay clueless and butthurt and I will enjoy our football program which is as good and as stable as it's ever been.

Just a FYI, we did our recruiting room right. I wasn't a quick fix like the microwave society wanted, but when bonding opened up after the hospital was finished, it was done right just like the Stadium and football complex.

Last edited:
Hilarious! I’d still like to see UK upgrade/update/modernize corner suites to add some POP and add seats in each endzone to get us to 70K! Bowl it in video board to video board.
Are you going to buy those suites? Interesting how people that never buy tickets want others to upgrade and pay more.

Not even close to being true. Did the recruiting budget include a recruiting room of fold up chairs ? Your statement is almost as clueless as it gets.
I think you may be the one who is clueless. Brooks and Joker were both asked by the media about the recruiting budget when they were here. Both coaches said they figure out what they think they need and submit it to the athletic department for approval. Both said they have never not gotten what they requested. The recruiting room has nothing to do with the recruiting budget. One is a capital project and one is expensed.

Reactions: kl40504
If the football coaches got the recruiting budget they asked for and were OK with the "recruiting room" a competent AD would have fired them. Did you read about them carpooling on recruiting trips to the south? And I think Brooks did a fantastic job WITH THE SUPPORT HE HAD.

How could anything have been explained to us 1,000 times when you only have less than 400 posts, lol.
If you think Brooks should have been fired, I will disagree with you. Joker was not head coach material so I agree he should have been fired.

Reactions: kl40504
It's funny that there is a thread on UL's Scout message board complaining about their most recent stadium expansion since those seats are rarely filled.

Reactions: BigTyrone
I spoke too soon, it did fill in a bit. Thank God they spent $65 million for thise extra seat.

Imagine wanting to be like them.

That’s what the death rattle of a program looks like that’s about to get left out of expansion, been covered w sanctions and probation, and exist in a state that isn’t 50/50 or even 80/20 fan support. Their own county is 50/50 UK fans This state is 95% blue other than the weird little western pockets that think WKU is a major university.

They had a nice run w the Ricky P momentum and Lamar Jackson era beating up on CUSA and BigEast teams. It’s over and it isn’t coming back

@PushupMan Where are you at? I know you aren’t at the game. There are about ten people left in the stands looking for crack rocks for those pipes tonite.
This aged, very poorly.

Florida State did not fill the stadium just last week. And we didn’t sell it out when we visited last year, with well over 15K in attendance in Blue.

And frankly, I would have sided with Pushupman when he initially posted this. I thought big name visitors would sell it out for them, even if they slipped, as they have.

But the Boomer population is aging. I “peaked” last year at age 58, attending all Kentucky home and road games. That likely won’t happen, again, and younger folks don’t seem to follow live sports like I have since my 20’s.
Way to go, Hack! I did that back in 2010 for UofL’s 13 games. I caught road games in Jonesboro, Ark, Corvallis, OR. Syracuse, Pittsburgh and Piscataway, NJ, in addition to the bowl game in Tampa. For any die hard football fan, I highly recommend seeing every game in person as a bucket list goal.

I actually stopped attending UofL games regularly back in 2018 when I bought a waterski boat and restarted my waterskiing hobby.

But I did take advantage of two Costco tickets to attend the UofL-USF game this past Saturday. I actually love the way the stadium looks with that closed in end zone. Just spectacular. Hopefully we will have a team here in the near future that excites the fan base to fill it up.

Reactions: UKat1 and The-Hack
They do look like the major market team to us. louisville does. It's sad. We even in the SEC but the Kroger field looks like we play in the pac 10. Once again just our ad turning us into a mid major level team by 2025. Lol the ones defending it lol.
Reported and blocked. I detect a U6 fan.

Reported and blocked. I detect a U6 fan.
You can't stand the truth. Reported all you want. The mods will read and agree with me. Mitch is dumb and lazy at his job,. city team has more seats they are market better. That shouldn't happen. We are not happy with looking like Pac 10 at home or vandy and the Mississippi s. We should be a capacity of 88,000 so or. So should I report you? You accept this?

You can't stand the truth. Reported all you want. The mods will read and agree with me. Mitch is dumb and lazy at his job,. city team has more seats they are market better. That shouldn't happen. We are not happy with looking like Pac 10 at home or vandy and the Mississippi s. We should be a capacity of 88,000 so or. So should I report you? You accept this?
The state of our football program is unacceptable. Mid Major by 2025? Try 2022! We gotta get someone in here to make us more like UL.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: The-Hack
They don't have more seats.

They don't have more seats.
I somewhat agree with your capacity enlargement, but I feel 70-75,000 seats is about right for our program. In 2007 when UK was avg nearly 70k for the season and in top 25 for attendance for 4 yrs straight, had Mitch and ADept poured the money into the program right then instead of going on after Brooks under funding the program, keeping Joker too long and then making his 'microwave fan base' comments, I firmly believe we could've continued putting 70k in the stands for conference games.

After his microwave put down of a long suffering dedicated football fan base, season ticket sales plummeted and with a horrible HC in Joker, attendance plummeted too and has never fully recovered. Had we continued having the success Brooks left us with and with the success that Stoops has brought, I fully believe we could've been with expansion of capacity during renovation filled 75k seats. But I'm afraid that train has left the station, once you have debacle like Joker and putting down expectations fans had it's hard to get many of them back. I hope I'm wrong but AD didn't capitalize on the momentum the program had in the 06- 09 seasons with an excited fan base.

UK has always treated the FB program like a red headed step child even though it brings in more money than any other school sports including bball. Six wins and the toilet bowl and full stadium wax all the ADept/school cared about...and the $$$$ the program provided for bball and the lower rung sports. I appreciate the money that has finally found it's way into the program but it still trails where it should be when compared to majority of our SEC brethren.

If the teams success continues, it is possible the fans come back in numbers similar to 2006-09 and then filling 70-75,000 becomes very possible. We are an SEC team and should be able to put those numbers in seats. We shall see if expansion is one day realized

I've never been big on stadium/arena size, and have been much more concerned with atmosphere. I've been to a decent amount of stadiums and I think Autzen Stadium is the best gameday experience and it only sits 55,000.

I somewhat agree with your capacity enlargement, but I feel 70-75,000 seats is about right for our program. In 2007 when UK was avg nearly 70k for the season and in top 25 for attendance for 4 yrs straight, had Mitch and ADept poured the money into the program right then instead of going on after Brooks under funding the program, keeping Joker too long and then making his 'microwave fan base' comments, I firmly believe we could've continued putting 70k in the stands for conference games.

After his microwave put down of a long suffering dedicated football fan base, season ticket sales plummeted and with a horrible HC in Joker, attendance plummeted too and has never fully recovered. Had we continued having the success Brooks left us with and with the success that Stoops has brought, I fully believe we could've been with expansion of capacity during renovation filled 75k seats. But I'm afraid that train has left the station, once you have debacle like Joker and putting down expectations fans had it's hard to get many of them back. I hope I'm wrong but AD didn't capitalize on the momentum the program had in the 06- 09 seasons with an excited fan base.

UK has always treated the FB program like a red headed step child even though it brings in more money than any other school sports including bball. Six wins and the toilet bowl and full stadium wax all the ADept/school cared about...and the $$$$ the program provided for bball and the lower rung sports. I appreciate the money that has finally found it's way into the program but it still trails where it should be when compared to majority of our SEC brethren.

If the teams success continues, it is possible the fans come back in numbers similar to 2006-09 and then filling 70-75,000 becomes very possible. We are an SEC team and should be able to put those numbers in seats. We shall see if expansion is one day realized
Did you respond to the wrong person? I simply said UofL doesn't have more seats than we do.

I don't disagree that maybe UK's program could have gotten to this point earlier if money had been available during Brook's tenure as coach. However, that's not the AD's fault. UK built a hospital that cost over a $1 billion. They needed the bonding capacity for the hospital construction. They didn't have the extra bonding capacity to modernize the stadium at that time. It didn't matter who the AD was, the university wasn't going to give the athletic department the bonding capacity to modernize the stadium because they didn't have it to give. That fact was publicly discussed by both the AD and President of the university. The athletics department had to wait for bonding capacity to become available in order to spend on large projects. It had nothing to do with the AD. It had everything to do with the priority placed on each building project. The hospital took priority over the stadium.

The hospital took priority over the stadium.
And that’s what happens when you get your priorities backwards.

Look no further than the ACC campus, a mere 70 miles to our West.

In the same year of their stadium expansion, they found 150 million in questionable spending and/or missing money, but by damn, they equalled the size of our stadium, and have 5,000 to 20,000 beautiful empty seats for any given home game to show for their efforts!!

And look at the long-term results: should the current trend of lessening beat downs by Kentucky occur, by the year 2032, they will be within two scores of us. And that massive birds nest help lure a premiere coach in Scott Satterfield! And I have heard, recently, that if traffic congestion on the inner loop gets worse, they might name it after him, in honor of his offensive schemes..

Sorry guys, when Kroger field sells out every game, then you can complain. But I haven't seen that many times in the last 20 years.
I would rather have a full stadium than having 10 or 20K empty seats like down the road. Even when they give seats away, they can't fill the stadium.

GO CATS

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
Yeah, I don't like lowlifes who habitually lie in an attempt to put others down. It annoys me when I see it. I do love it when yalls stupidity gets exposed like in this thread.

BTW how is that expanded stadium working out? UL really showed us. 🤡

Also, have a nice day. 🙂
Lets See this low life has worked since he was 12 married at 19 served 9 years in the Military ,raised a good family from working everyday ,never stole a thing in my life , I did smoke a little pot in my younger days but haven't in the last three decades ,don't do any drugs other then back then ! Try to live a good clean Honest life so i guess being a lowlife is where i want to be ! Thanks for putting everything in Perspective

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
Sorry guys, when Kroger field sells out every game, then you can complain. But I haven't seen that many times in the last 20 years.
I would rather have a full stadium than having 10 or 20K empty seats like down the road. Even when they give seats away, they can't fill the stadium.

GO CATS
We haven't had this type of Run in our history ! It is build on solid ground and only going to get better ! Stoops deserves everything and anything he needs to keep building !

Lets See this low life has worked since he was 12 married at 19 served 9 years in the Military ,raised a good family from working everyday ,never stole a thing in my life , I did smoke a little pot in my younger days but haven't in the last three decades ,don't do any drugs other then back then ! Try to live a good clean Honest life so i guess being a lowlife is where i want to be ! Thanks for putting everything in Perspective
I know nothing about your "honest life", I just know you're on here spewing lies just to fit in with your message board buddies and to put another person down. You said we took SEC TV money (as if we stole it) and invested in everything but football. That's a lie. What did we invest in exactly? You can't answer simple question about the accusation you made because you're lying. Justify your lying all you want but the fact is, you lied.

You know capital projects for football had to wait due to bonding issues because of the billion dollar hospital like everyone else. There were no capital projects for "everything but football" during that time as you claim.

I know nothing about your "honest life", I just know you're on here spewing lies just to fit in with your message board buddies and to put another person down. You said we took SEC TV money (as if we stole it) and invested in everything but football. That's a lie. What did we invest in exactly? You can't answer simple question about the accusation you made because you're lying. Justify your lying all you want but the fact is, you lied.

You know capital projects for football had to wait due to bonding issues because of the billion dollar hospital like everyone else. There were no capital projects for "everything but football" during that time as you claim.
Bullshit I'm may be many things but i'm not a Lier ! Am i privy to Information to answer your question No ! I only see what i read on here to which some may be inaccurate and i can't say one way or another ! But you being a dick and calling me a lowlife is complete bullshit ! You want to be an asshole then fine be an asshole I'm trying hard to be a better person so you Have a nice Night

Bullshit I'm may be many things but i'm not a Lier ! Am i privy to Information to answer your question No ! I only see what i read on here to which some may be inaccurate and i can't say one way or another ! But you being a dick and calling me a lowlife is complete bullshit ! You want to be an asshole then fine be an asshole I'm trying hard to be a better person so you Have a nice Night
You used lies to put down another person. Spare me the fake outrage. You lied, should I sugarcoat it so you feel better about yourself?

You can't even answer a simple question about the claim you made. You can't stand by it, you even run from it, yet you felt comfortable using that lie to put another person down.

You used lies to put down another person. Spare me the fake outrage. You lied, should I sugarcoat it so you feel better about yourself?

You can't even answer a simple question about the claim you made. You can't stand by it, you even run from it, yet you felt comfortable using that lie to put another person down.
Look in your own backyard

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT