ADVERTISEMENT

Commonwealth Stadium moves down to 2nd biggest in state come 2018 now

UL expansion plans moved up a year

Truly no better example of what Mitch Barnhart has caused to happen during his tenure as Athletic Director of the University of Kentucky. The '99 expansion of CM Newton bulldozed down by 8,000 seats, meanwhile UL zooming past us not only on the field winning most of the time against us & posting far better records, but now even seats up in the stands as well.
Yup, we look like complete fools.

Yup, we look like complete fools.

Yup we do. How much does UK get from the OTHER SEC schools investing in football while we starved ours to death? I think the SEC distribution to all the SEC schools went from thirty to forty million lately, thanks to the OTHER SEC programs that gave football the support it had EARNED.

How much income does UK lose now because our ticket office gives a lot of tickets to SELLOUTS to the legal scalpers? And do they ever do a good job of scalping our fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKat1

Truly no better example of what Mitch Barnhart has caused to happen during his tenure as Athletic Director of the University of Kentucky. The '99 expansion of CM Newton bulldozed down by 8,000 seats, meanwhile UL zooming past us not only on the field winning most of the time against us & posting far better records, but now even seats up in the stands as well.
What?

Yup we do. How much does UK get from the OTHER SEC schools investing in football while we starved ours to death? I think the SEC distribution to all the SEC schools went from thirty to forty million lately, thanks to the OTHER SEC programs that gave football the support it had EARNED.

How much income does UK lose now because our ticket office gives a lot of tickets to SELLOUTS to the legal scalpers? And do they ever do a good job of scalping our fans.
Other schools don't pay UK. Add this to the list of things you're clueless about. UK doesn't give tickets to scalpers, there no special line for scalpers. They aquire them in a legal way. They same we you have an opportunity to get tix for every game on our home schedule. Maybe take time to learn how things work and stop making these ridiculous comments.

They will be filled for Miami, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, Kentucky, Florida State and Clemson. If we're ranked in the top 10 like we are now, they will also be filled for every other game, as well.
This aged, very poorly.

Florida State did not fill the stadium just last week. And we didn’t sell it out when we visited last year, with well over 15K in attendance in Blue.

And frankly, I would have sided with Pushupman when he initially posted this. I thought big name visitors would sell it out for them, even if they slipped, as they have.

But the Boomer population is aging. I “peaked” last year at age 58, attending all Kentucky home and road games. That likely won’t happen, again, and younger folks don’t seem to follow live sports like I have since my 20’s.

images

zero? you think we exist in a vacuum, that there are not people who now pay to watch football at Papa Johns stadium that used to pay to attend Commonwealth? You think there are not fans who have been chased away from UK due to the Barnhart mediocrity & drawn in to the flashy almost constant winning with great coaches & great QB's at UL? Corporate & business dollars are not being pulled in to the winning team away from the losing one? That what you think?

denial isnt just a river in Egypt apparently....
Dumb post.

UL football is total joke and your cheating ghetto commuter school basketball program is about to get the death penalty. You should be ashamed to support that shithole.

@PushupMan Where are you at? I know you aren’t at the game. There are about ten people left in the stands looking for crack rocks for those pipes tonite.
LOL! irishcat1965 bringing the heat to PushupMan.

I'm amazed at the reaching and stretching people will do to bash Mitch Barnhart. I get most people's criticisms of him but U of L expanding their stadium has zero to do with anything Barnhart has done.

It's fkn ridiculous. No matter what is done to upgrade the facilities, people contort themselves into an infantile ball to wail against it.

Want to compete in the SEC, need better facilities and raise revenue-

-Put in chair back seating which decreases seating (bich and moan)
-Add luxury boxes to increase revenue and upgrade facilities (bich and moan)
-Decrease seating for a top notch recruiting center (bich and moan)
-Raise ticket prices to increase revenue for a top notch training center and expanded practice facility (bich and moan)

It's so freakin petty and stupid, but I get it. No one wants to pay for the football program to be any good. They want a billion dollar program on a five and dime budget and it just can't happen. Magical thinking all the way. They want the big bang magical universe because there are so many examples of that happening across the world and thousands of years...

When will we cease to think like toddlers and understand sht costs money and it's gotten by hard work?

Very well said. My thought exactly when they first announced their stadium expansion. Not many teams expand their stadium when they rarely ever have a packed house as it is. Remember Bridgewaters swan song on SR day, there may have been 35,000 people there. UofL has a potential national title contender this year so the crowds may very well show up the remainder of this year but as you stated the fair weather fans will not continue to show up when that is not the case. Heck a 9-3 regular season is not good enough for them to pack the house week in and week out. Let them add 20,000 more seats for all I care, will look that much more dumb come any given game day.

Can they justify it when they can't fill it now? Maybe they don't have to any more. Have they repaid the money to the gov that they shafted them out of? Maybe that's part of the refinance/Home improvement/debt consolidation loan they're getting...

Reactions: BigTyrone
Other schools don't pay UK. Add this to the list of things you're clueless about. UK doesn't give tickets to scalpers, there no special line for scalpers. They aquire them in a legal way. They same we you have an opportunity to get tix for every game on our home schedule. Maybe take time to learn how things work and stop making these ridiculous comments.
Calm down He has a point ! for decades UK has taken money from the SEC from TV revenue and invested in everything other then Football ! Even our recruiting budget was one of the lowest in the SEC ! It was said that was why Brooks retired a bit early was because he wasn't getting the Supports from our AD !

Reactions: UKat1 and howercat
Calm down He has a point ! for decades UK has taken money from the SEC from TV revenue and invested in everything other then Football ! Even our recruiting budget was one of the lowest in the SEC ! It was said that was why Brooks retired a bit early was because he wasn't getting the Supports from our AD !
Nah you calm down. What exactly did we invest in. Yall make all these claims and can't back them up. Claim to be UK fans but spend all day trashing UK. Our coaches always got the recruiting budget they asked for. They recruit regionally and didn't need the recruiting budget if schools who recruit nationally.

I'll ask again, specifically what did invest in? Also it has been explained to you guys 1000 times that UK used its bonding capacity on the billion dollar hospital. Large capital projects that require bonding like the $100+ million stadium renovation had to wait.

Last edited:

I’m gets whatever face value the tickets go for. I’m not sure how agreements with sites like Ticketmaster work and if the university gets any percentage of the money above face value for any tickets sold or not. Maybe someone out there knows better than me.

Nah you calm down. What exactly did we invest in. Yall make all these claims and can't back them up. Claim to be UK fans but spend all day trashing UK. Our coaches always got the recruiting budget they asked for. They recruit regionally and didn't need the recruiting budget if schools who recruit nationally.

I'll ask again, specifically what did invest in? Also it has been explain to you guys 1000 times that UK used its binding capacity on the billion dollar hospital. Large capital projects that require bonding like the $100+ million stadium renovation

I'll ask again, specifically what did invest in? Also it has been explain to you guys 1000 times that UK used its binding capacity on the billion dollar hospital. Large capital projects that require bonding like the $100+ million stadium renovation had to wait.
You Mad Bud ? Seem Pissed all the time

You Mad Bud ? Seem Pissed all the time
Yeah, I don't like lowlifes who habitually lie in an attempt to put others down. It annoys me when I see it. I do love it when yalls stupidity gets exposed like in this thread.

BTW how is that expanded stadium working out? UL really showed us. 🤡

Also, have a nice day. 🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: Kats meow

I'll ask again, specifically what did invest in? Also it has been explained to you guys 1000 times that UK used its bonding capacity on the billion dollar hospital. Large capital projects that require bonding like the $100+ million stadium renovation had to wait.
If the football coaches got the recruiting budget they asked for and were OK with the "recruiting room" a competent AD would have fired them. Did you read about them carpooling on recruiting trips to the south? And I think Brooks did a fantastic job WITH THE SUPPORT HE HAD.

How could anything have been explained to us 1,000 times when you only have less than 400 posts, lol.

Reactions: UKat1
There are some comments on the early pages of this thread, that I bet some posters wish they could take back. Wow, how times have changed.

Barnhart love him or hate him is very dis likable IMO. His ivory tower act is OK , just like 87.2 %
of the people I went to church with,…until it defies common sense and is an obstacle to an already handicapped program for years. He should be doing everything he can for our cash cow sports to the best of our athletic department as a wholes ability. It’s hoops & hog epidermis that dresses the rifle team. We should consistently be in pursuit of ways to separate our football program in every way.

Do that and I’ll support you long as I can. Don’t do it and I’ll retract any and all support, from K fund to seasons either venue. And check your holier than thou act. Listen to the base, watch the operation of the big boys and let’s put our best minds on ways to compete. We will decide our morals and such on our on - with fear & trembling. We just need the AD to be a catalyst for a program with momentum.

They do look like the major market team to us. louisville does. It's sad. We even in the SEC but the Kroger field looks like we play in the pac 10. Once again just our ad turning us into a mid major level team by 2025. Lol the ones defending it lol.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Hilarious! I’d still like to see UK upgrade/update/modernize corner suites to add some POP and add seats in each endzone to get us to 70K! Bowl it in video board to video board.
That would be nice.

My recent trip to the Swamp sold me on beer sales and I don't even drink. But watching UK and Florida fans pay $15 for a Bud Light and carrying 6 or 7 in their arms made me realize they were paying more for beer than for the seat to the game. And it seemed as if most of the 90,000 had a Bud Light in their hand.

A few seasons of that and you could expand the season with no problem. Paid for upfront.

Reactions: Nuke99m

🤡💯🤡🤡

This aged, very poorly.

Florida State did not fill the stadium just last week. And we didn’t sell it out when we visited last year, with well over 15K in attendance in Blue.

And frankly, I would have sided with Pushupman when he initially posted this. I thought big name visitors would sell it out for them, even if they slipped, as they have.

But the Boomer population is aging. I “peaked” last year at age 58, attending all Kentucky home and road games. That likely won’t happen, again, and younger folks don’t seem to follow live sports like I have since my 20’s.
Aged like a glass of milk left on the counter.

Our coaches always got the recruiting budget they asked for. They recruit regionally and didn't need the recruiting budget if schools who recruit nationally.
Not even close to being true. Did the recruiting budget include a recruiting room of fold up chairs ? Your statement is almost as clueless as it gets.

Reactions: rye48
ADVERTISEMENT