ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Braun got so over because everyone loved seeing someone beat the hell out of Reigns. With Roman saying he will only wrestle another 2-5 years there’s no way I’d waste time pushing him. There’s so many younger guys they have with more talent.

While I want Braun to get the title, I don’t want to see him go right into the Fiend. It’s obvious he’d lose that belt as quick as he got it.

Braun got so over because everyone loved seeing someone beat the hell out of Reigns. With Roman saying he will only wrestle another 2-5 years there’s no way I’d waste time pushing him. There’s so many younger guys they have with more talent.

While I want Braun to get the title, I don’t want to see him go right into the Fiend. It’s obvious he’d lose that belt as quick as he got it.

Him winning it against Rollins will be big. The company as we all see is behind Rollins, Bray can get very hot too. But I think Braun keeps it at Hell In The Cell if he beats Rollins first at NOC. Bray is still a wait and see. He jobbed more than I like from March 2017-DEC 2018 when they had nothing for him. (Was HOT with Orton late 2016) I know if Rollins wins he'll also go over Bray next PPV. Fiend needs a good hot fall into Rumble for HHH and Vince will wait on it with him.

It doesn't matter how long he's with the company Reigns may only have 8 good moves but always gives his best in ring like Cena. You'll respect him a few years from now. Trust me man, He's a good hand/player/worker.

Lol sorry but I’ll never respect or like Roman. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever disliked a wrestler like I do him. Even during the 47 years of Super Cena winning the title I didn’t hate him like I do Roman. I wanted to see Cena get beat. With Roman I just change the channel.

I know I read this. But why? Every match it looks like he's gonna lose sells well. While getting booed like Cena 08-11. He took shit he shouldn't have but like a man did his job well and really fun to watch. Stop your hate of him and watch his match dude.

Come on Zay you stick to your guns on what you believe in. I like it. You are right on a lot of things like on Cal. But he's still the best man coach for us. It's kinda like that with Reigns, Yes Vince misses on his talent and booking, the writing team lacked to. But open up to not hating Reigns and just watch his matches without hate.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it wasn’t. I’ve actually never read anything he’s written other than tweets that some has retweeted.

Blows my mind how the majority here like to shit on Meltzer yet seem to like Cornette. I don’t get that at all.

Full disclosure: I work for and am friends with Jim, but I’d still agree with his points. I always have and I did well before that. It blows MY mind you’re shocked people side more with Cornette over Meltzer. Meltzer is 100% on the AEW payroll and his asinine take with his current star system and ridiculous notion that nothing of the past can compete with today.

My friend made a statement on twitter that perfectly sums up Meltzer

“Citizen Kane is shit compared to Avatar.”

-Dave Meltzer

Dave Meltzer called Andre the Giant vs. Hulk Hogan the worst match of the year for 1987. Or maybe his readers did.

Big Dave serves a valuable purpose to the wrestling business, but his biggest flaw is never being able to see the forest for the trees. I guess its too bad Andre vs. Hulk didn't have any German suplexes and reversal sequences.

As for Corny, I think some of his views on the business are outdated - like how to get a babyface over to a current audience - but for the most part, wrestling in its history has only used about 25 different tricks to do good business and Corny is probably adept at at least 20 of them.

Dave Meltzer called Andre the Giant vs. Hulk Hogan the worst match of the year for 1987. Or maybe his readers did.

Big Dave serves a valuable purpose to the wrestling business, but his biggest flaw is never being able to see the forest for the trees. I guess its too bad Andre vs. Hulk didn't have any German suplexes and reversal sequences.

As for Corny, I think some of his views on the business are outdated - like how to get a babyface over to a current audience - but for the most part, wrestling in its history has only used about 25 different tricks to do good business and Corny is probably adept at at least 20 of them.

Fair assessment. We’re friends and I don’t agree 100% with Corny on everything, but can’t argue with anything

Maybe he’s working me but I think Cornette is mentally unstable.

Joe Anoa’i must have stole Zay’s girlfriend in college or something because he hates the dude on a personal level.

Maybe he’s working me but I think Cornette is mentally unstable.
I mean the Dairy Queen incident pretty much confirms this. But like you said, he could just be trying to work everybody too. When you've been in the business that long, working people becomes all you know.

I just know it's not beneficial to get the way I get during UK basketball games 24/7.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Also on the nfl on fox promos they had Becky lynch in the Smackdown promo so I guess that means she’s switching brands soon.

Looks like Anthem Media which owns Impact Wrestling is buying AXS TV. Guess that means it will start airing there and I wonder if they will
keep airing New Japan.

Also being reported their will be no NXT Takeover show before the Royal Rumble, instead they will have "When Worlds Collide."

Next ROH show has Taven vs Roooosh so if Taven doesn’t re-sign that’s probably who will end up with the belt.

Per Meltzer:

The US was down, a lot of people have talked about CFB and the opening weekend and i believe that. Streaming on BR Live was about the same. PPV buys was down a lot....i mean significant. I am going to say it's going to be around 100,000 buys, DON was around 120,000 buys.

Like I mentioned before, if opening day of college football is going to be their "Wrestlemania" they're idiots.

Per Meltzer:

The US was down, a lot of people have talked about CFB and the opening weekend and i believe that. Streaming on BR Live was about the same. PPV buys was down a lot....i mean significant. I am going to say it's going to be around 100,000 buys, DON was around 120,000 buys.

Like I mentioned before, if opening day of college football is going to be their "Wrestlemania" they're idiots.
Yeah, I guess they thought Labor Day would be good for folks to travel but going against the first week of college football wasn’t the smartest decision. I also think Mox/Ambrose getting taken off caused a lot of people to not order.

I’ll also say they probably shouldn’t have done those other two shows between DON and All Out.

I want AEW to succeed but 50 dollars is too much to pay for a show these days, just my opinion.

Sunday Night Football has been the most watched program on TV seven years in a row and WWE does PPV’s against during the fall.

Speaking of ratings the 3rd hour of Raw only did 1.8 million viewers. The football games did 13 and 10 million last night.

Is Shane going to be King of the Ring???

The Cody crap is bull. They should have never apologized. Puto has always been slang for “bitch” according to any Spanish people I’ve talked to. He says it with the rest of his team and the crowd after their match in AAA. He probably didn’t even know what it meant. Not to mention Pentagon says it constantly and nobody says a word. It’s soley because Cody is a white male. Gotta take down ole whitey.

On the PPV buys I’ve seen where Meltzer says All Out Buys were below DON but another site reported the All Out buys were more than DON. Think it was wrestling Inc. Still good numbers regardless.

Never been to a wrestling show or even considered it but I’ve seriously considered driving the 2 hours to Nashville for AEW. I won’t solely due to money but if it weren’t for that I’d do it in a heartbeat.

I can confirm I have zero alter egos on this board. I’m truly one of a kind, better than you, and you know it... hit my music.

Last edited:
Reactions: KRJ1975
The Cody crap is bull. They should have never apologized. Puto has always been slang for “bitch” according to any Spanish people I’ve talked to. He says it with the rest of his team and the crowd after their match in AAA. He probably didn’t even know what it meant. Not to mention Pentagon says it constantly and nobody says a word. It’s soley because Cody is a white male. Gotta take down ole whitey.

On the PPV buys I’ve seen where Meltzer says All Out Buys were below DON but another site reported the All Out buys were more than DON. Think it was wrestling Inc. Still good numbers regardless.

Never been to a wrestling show or even considered it but I’ve seriously considered driving the 2 hours to Nashville for AEW. I won’t solely due to money but if it weren’t for that I’d do it in a heartbeat.

I can confirm I have zero alter egos on this board. I’m truly one of a kind, better than you, and you know it... hit my music.

Good gawd almighty, that’s Zaytoven’s music!!!!

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Sunday Night Football has been the most watched program on TV seven years in a row and WWE does PPV’s against during the fall.

Yeah but they’re not their major PPV’s. Royal Rumble is scheduled for the week between the conference championships and Super Bowl Wrestlemania is scheduled for the day between the Final 4 and the championship.

2 hours to Nashville?

So...

Where's home Zay? I'm in Paducah, also 2 hours. I'd go if I didn't have to deal with work the next morning.

And...

In 2019, you can't call another human "bitch". Hell, you probably can't call a female dog bitch without starting a riot from people who don't understand the entomology of the term.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT