ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Sid once took a dare that he couldn't put a squirrel in his pants and leave it there for 30 seconds.

It ended badly for everybody involved.

Didn’t he know squirrels ate nuts?

tenor.gif

Lol wwe is pathetic. There’s a report out that they have contacted numerous wrestling media and other personnel offering to give them tours of the wwe PC on October 2nd. That’s the day of AEW’s first show on tnt.

Also being reported that Vince is worried about losing the Latino demographic and the AEW/AAA partnership has caused his to reach out to CMLL to try and partner with them.

Reactions: K-mac18
Sounds like a guy who would buy WCW, then totally ruin the Invasion angle to make pretty much everyone who worked there look inferior to his WWE guys.

Agree with you all WWE should just ignore AEW but I don’t think Vince can do that.

I mean I kinda rooting for AEW. Maybe they’ll give me some rasslin worth watching and I haven’t watched rasslin every week since 1999.

Clash of Champions is today and I have no idea what the card is and really don't care. When Brock came in and won the MitB contract this past May, it just totally turned me off from WWE in general. I think Baby Faces suck because there's no real good Heels out there. They're not allowed to be real ruthless or even win. Look at Joe... so over, will always be over, great on the mic, but will never win the big one. Sad...

Clash of Champions is today and I have no idea what the card is and really don't care. When Brock came in and won the MitB contract this past May, it just totally turned me off from WWE in general. I think Baby Faces suck because there's no real good Heels out there. They're not allowed to be real ruthless or even win. Look at Joe... so over, will always be over, great on the mic, but will never win the big one. Sad...
Fans don't like faces. I'm guilty of that, but it's the way faces are booked. Heels don't cheat enough and rarely do bad things. They just tell the truth.

Triple H killed the time tested pro wrestling heel method. He won cleanly, over and over again. This should be a rare occurrence at best, but when Triple H had the title, it happened at every big show.

If a heel beats a face because the heel is just better than the face, it means the face is terrible because the heel's only reason for being a heel should be that they can't win without cheating.

As for interviews, heels telling the truth is another issue. The heel has to believe he's right, but he doesn't have to actually be right. I don't feel like sifting through it, but there's a great shoot interview with Bill Eadie (Ax) where he talks about how much harder it is to do a babyface promo because if you're a face, you can't lie to the fans. You have to do everything you say you're going to do, or else you'll looks like a fool. Whereas if you're a heel, there aren't any rules and you can say whatever you want.

* AEW should be ecstatic that Vince is doing whatever he's doing on their TV debut night. It means they have his attention. Say what you want about the disastrous Hogan run in TNA, but it got Vince's attention and forced him to ramp up his programming until TNA predictably self-destructed. Sure enough, the night Hogan debuted in TNA, I watched Raw to see Bret and Shawn bury the hatchet. AEW has a real chance to make some noise, but their margin for error, while bigger than most because of Tony Khan, is still smaller than you'd think.

Reactions: K-mac18
Triple H killed the time tested pro wrestling heel method. He won cleanly, over and over again. This should be a rare occurrence at best, but when Triple H had the title, it happened at every big show.

If a heel beats a face because the heel is just better than the face, it means the face is terrible because the heel's only reason for being a heel should be that they can't win without cheating.

As for interviews, heels telling the truth is another issue. The heel has to believe he's right, but he doesn't have to actually be right. I don't feel like sifting through it, but there's a great shoot interview with Bill Eadie (Ax) where he talks about how much harder it is to do a babyface promo because if you're a face, you can't lie to the fans. You have to do everything you say you're going to do, or else you'll looks like a fool. Whereas if you're a heel, there aren't any rules and you can say whatever you want.

* AEW should be ecstatic that Vince is doing whatever he's doing on their TV debut night. It means they have his attention. Say what you want about the disastrous Hogan run in TNA, but it got Vince's attention and forced him to ramp up his programming until TNA predictably self-destructed. Sure enough, the night Hogan debuted in TNA, I watched Raw to see Bret and Shawn bury the hatchet. AEW has a real chance to make some noise, but their margin for error, while bigger than most because of Tony Khan, is still smaller than you'd think.

Hard not to argue

All heel winners so far.

They gave Charlotte-Bayley 3.5 mins in Charlotte....

What a disaster

AJ is the best heel in the biz right now. Revival also doing a good job.

I’m over Kofi.

Did not see the show last night but will try to watch through it sometime this week. I have seen this clip making the rounds though. Probably not
the best chair shot.

AEW has Kentucky surrounded, they are doing their November 20th show in Indianapolis.

You all see the story about Big Cass from the weekend, he was going to be an unannounced surprise at a New Jersey indy show. Tried to go after
Joey Janela in the locker room after what happened with Enzo back in the summer. Started accusing wrestlers of stealing his stuff then got taken down by Dan Maff.

Did not see the show last night but will try to watch through it sometime this week. I have seen this clip making the rounds though. Probably not
the best chair shot.

AEW has Kentucky surrounded, they are doing their November 20th show in Indianapolis.

You all see the story about Big Cass from the weekend, he was going to be an unannounced surprise at a New Jersey indy show. Tried to go after
Joey Janela in the locker room after what happened with Enzo back in the summer. Started accusing wrestlers of stealing his stuff then got taken down by Dan Maff.

Poor guy I guess it’s been documented he’s overcome some issues which is why WWE was considered to bring them back but this probably squashed that opportunity.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman is a pretty good heel. If you follow him on Twitter he can really get folks riled up.
How is MJF in the ring? I’ve only seen two AEW shows and he was either in battle royal or backing up Cody. I’ve really enjoyed him on the mic, but have limited viewing of him in the ring. Any matches I should go find from other promotions?

How is MJF in the ring? I’ve only seen two AEW shows and he was either in battle royal or backing up Cody. I’ve really enjoyed him on the mic, but have limited viewing of him in the ring. Any matches I should go find from other promotions?

It’s the AEW spin he’s really just a manager that draws heat.

It’s the AEW spin he’s really just a manager that draws heat.
I will say I saw him in a match in MLW with Brian Pillman Jr. and Teddy Hart, and he's pretty good. Sells exactly the way a good heel should.

Teddy Hart though...what a spaz. My support for AEW will wane if they sign that guy.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
I will say I saw him in a match in MLW with Brian Pillman Jr. and Teddy Hart, and he's pretty good. Sells exactly the way a good heel should.

Teddy Hart though...what a spaz. My support for AEW will wane if they sign that guy.

I was completely joking but in all seriousness how is AEW making money? They’ve had these guys on the payroll for months and have had only a few events. These guys are getting paid very well on the front end of their contracts.

I can’t make this stuff up...the Uncle Dave podcast the question was who is more likely to return to WWE Rusev or Harper and he says neither will likely ever see a WWE ring again...last night Harper returned and tonight Maria said Rusev is the baby daddy and attacked Mike Kanellis...

I can’t make this stuff up...the Uncle Dave podcast the question was who is more likely to return to WWE Rusev or Harper and he says neither will likely ever see a WWE ring again...last night Harper returned and tonight Maria said Rusev is the baby daddy and attacked Mike Kanellis...
I will say that if WWE brought back Harper and Rusev because Dave said they wouldn't come back, that's lame, but Vince isn't above doing it.

I will say that if WWE brought back Harper and Rusev because Dave said they wouldn't come back, that's lame, but Vince isn't above doing it.

Absolutely Vince would do something like that out of spite b/c his ego is so massive...

Didn’t watch any of Raw after I saw Braun got jobbed out yet again last night but I saw a tweet that said Maria claimed Ricochet was the father. So which is it? Ric or Rusev?

And Harper showing up to help Rowan doesn’t mean Vince has any plans for him. Harper probably finally gave in and came back just so he can get his contract over with quicker.

Didn’t watch any of Raw after I saw Braun got jobbed out yet again last night but I saw a tweet that said Maria claimed Ricochet was the father. So which is it? Ric or Rusev?

And Harper showing up to help Rowan doesn’t mean Vince has any plans for him. Harper probably finally gave in and came back just so he can get his contract over with quicker.

Spin much? Buy any AEW shirts b/c you seem all-in literally.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
Spin much? Buy any AEW shirts b/c you seem all-in literally.
How is that a spin? You mean what I said about Harper? I’m not the only one to say it. Solomonster said the same on his podcast.

MJF never disappoints. He takes shots at Indiana, Jericho and Shiavone. He’s the first 3 minutes of the video.

Kinda feel bad for Cass if he’s really having issues.

Sasha Banks is suing the kid that tried to touch her ass. Sorry but that’s a load of bullshit. First off he didn’t even touch her and secondly what does she expect to gain from doing that? He probably doesn’t have any money. She’s so unlikeable in real life IMO. She plays a bitch so well on TV because that’s how she actually is.

Also saw on that site that Vince called for Cedric Alexander to be buried and that’s probably why he was trashed so bad by Styles. Makes no sense. He’s got the potential to be one of their best guys on the roster. Add him to the long list of people being wasted and misused.

One last thing, does the Raw ring announcer annoy the hell out of anyone else with how he announces names? He’s horrible. He emphasizes places in the names that you’d least expect.

Reactions: Col. Angus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT