ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Old school what could have been...

Do you know what the plan was going to be for Nailz if he didn't beat the crap out of Vince and get fired and sued?

After the angle with Big Boss Man, they were going to do a long program with Nailz and Undertaker, culminating in a match at WM 9 that would have seen Undertaker win and then execute Nailz in the electric chair.

Just once can we have nice things?

Yeah wasn’t that the reason Nailz got fired was he didn’t want to do the job to Taker which prompted the Vince altercation.

Pretty nice string of opponents there with Nailz and The Mountie - Nailz getting released from prison to attack Big boss man and Mountie feud culminating in him going to prison after the loser goes to prison match.

At big cat fan I didn’t google that either.

IIRC, Nailz felt like Vince was stiffing him on paydays during the feud with Boss Man, and I think Nailz actually asked for more money in exchange for doing the job to Boss Man at the PPVs and on the house show circuits in between.

There was also Nailz's account where the only reason he beat up Vince was because Vince tried to grab his dick.

^WRESTLING!

Old school house shows were awesome - I went to one at Louisville gardens and the first match was big boss man vs Nailz

They had Shawn Michaels have an IC title match weeks before he beat British Bulldog for it on SNME

Main event was supposed to be Flair/Warrior but Flair no showed so his replacement was NAILZ - needless to say Nailz got squashed in a minute.

They must have taped a month of shows during that house show with all the banners changing - pretty cool stuff.

-Did Styles actually say to Michael Cole on a live mic “shut up Cole before I slap your dick down your throat”? Sure sounds like it. That was awesome. So was Braun casually flipping the table at AJ with one hand.

-Bayley heel turn was also awesome.

-Bea Priestly and Sadie Gibbs got into a real fight after the AEW women’s battle royal backstage. Evidently Bea no sold everything Gibbs was doing and Gibbs walked up to her backstage and started swinging lol. I love Gibbs and think she could end up a major star. She’s athletic and hot, good combo.

-PAC evidently threw a water bottle at Page’s head backstage as well. I don’t know but I’m assuming that’s part of their future angle.

Why turn Bayley heel?

She is aligned with someone that was off tv for 4 months and isn’t even on the same show.

Feuding with Charlotte who is a way better heel than face on SD.

Does it really matter what they do? The crowd is still going to be a bunch of fickle dumb idiots. Becky has been the biggest face in the company for over a year and the crowd has stayed behind her. Bayley has been routinely getting boo'ed every week.... until she turned on Becky, to which the crowd went wild for.

Makes no sense.

Does it really matter what they do? The crowd is still going to be a bunch of fickle dumb idiots. Becky has been the biggest face in the company for over a year and the crowd has stayed behind her. Bayley has been routinely getting boo'ed every week.... until she turned on Becky, to which the crowd went wild for.

Makes no sense.

Only thing that makes sense is maybe they let a bunch of AEW fans in...

The AEW special on TNT did 390,000 viewers on Friday night ranking it as the 29th most watched show in the 18-49 demo that night with a .14 rating.

The Wisconsin- South Florida football game did about 1.8 million viewers and a .61 in the 18-49.

I know it was on the Friday night before a holiday but I thought it would have more viewers than that.

Probably somewhere still laughing about the Hunter Horse Hemsley joke. Talk about going over board. Damn, take the unit out of the mouth, not everything is grand or OMG the best. It actually almost makes me want AEW to fail from the start. But I hate Vince so much, i am hopeful any competition will make him see the light, thus I need AEW to at least make it interesting. They can only have so many Zays to go all in with the promotion, so hopefully they can attract more than they did Friday.

A few less trips to Longhorn's and a few more trips to the gym, Chris.

He probably wasn't wearing the belt because it wouldn't fit.

And, oh yeah. Thanks, Chris. Thanks for being careless with the newly minted strap.

Actually I’d say almost 400k for a show that wasn’t promoted was pretty damn good. Especially considering 95% of it was stuff already shown on the YouTube channels. I heard about the show being on tv a total of two times in the weeks leading up to it. Once was on JR’s podcast and I can’t remember the other.

Everyone I’ve heard talk about the AEW show says they think 500k is the magic number for the first few tv shows. Anything more and they’re doing better than expected, anything less and it’s a let down.

Actually I’d say almost 400k for a show that wasn’t promoted was pretty damn good. Especially considering 95% of it was stuff already shown on the YouTube channels. I heard about the show being on tv a total of two times in the weeks leading up to it. Once was on JR’s podcast and I can’t remember the other.

Everyone I’ve heard talk about the AEW show says they think 500k is the magic number for the first few tv shows. Anything more and they’re doing better than expected, anything less and it’s a let down.

So they get less than 400K viewers which was “pretty damn good.” But 500 K is the magic number and anything less is a letdown?

I’ve got to take up for AEW here. 500k was their target for their weekly show and the got 400k+ on their clip show that randomly showed at 10 PM on a Friday. Although I am curious what kind of numbers TNT gets in that time slot if they’re showing Shawshank again.

Has Zay convinced himself that the stolen title is all a work done by the genius elite yet? You know it’s coming.

I’ve got to take up for AEW here. 500k was their target for their weekly show and the got 400k+ on their clip show that randomly showed at 10 PM on a Friday. Although I am curious what kind of numbers TNT gets in that time slot if they’re showing Shawshank again.

Has Zay convinced himself that the stolen title is all a work done by the genius elite yet? You know it’s coming.

I don’t think it’s a work. I think cocaine Chris got hopped up and went on a binder and lost the belt

You know it is coming. greatest work in the history of Pro Wrestling. Even if it is really stolen. They went so far as leaving it so somebody would really steal it. Probably put a tracking device in it to keep up with it. Smart, very smart.

I want to like AEW but I’ve seen a handful of good matches, some decent spot fests and a lot of, to quote Cornette, “outlaw mud show bullshit” including The Best Friends, no legs guy, hands in pockets guy, staple gun emo guy, 80lbs guy, gay lube guy, librarians, etc.

That's actually what I was looking for. I knew there must have been some clarification I was missing.

I'm pulling for AEW and think I'll like their style a little better, but you can only take grass roots so far. If they really are trying to be more than an indy franchise, they need to hit the mainstream media/tv ASAP. I do know that is the end result and it will happen. I'm just worried they are losing the interest they may have established this summer. They've put on some good PPVs that should appeal to us old schoolers, but they don't have a "home" to take the aftermath to yet. Just don't want them to lose steam and get minimal ratings because no one knows about them. If they lose that tv contract, that'll be all she wrote.

When I think old school wrestling I think, transgender wrestlers, exoticos (tbh I have no clue what Sonny Kiss is), staple guns, sponsored weapons, no selling spot fests, multiple false finishes in every match, a guy that's 5'2, a guy that wrestles with his hands in his pockets, a literal dinosaur (although John Tenta was a shark one time.)

When I think old school wrestling I think, transgender wrestlers, exoticos (tbh I have no clue what Sonny Kiss is), staple guns, sponsored weapons, no selling spot fests, multiple false finishes in every match, a guy that's 5'2, a guy that wrestles with his hands in his pockets, a literal dinosaur (although John Tenta was a shark one time.)

Coulda just said I was wrong and I didn't know what I was talking about. Dang.

You’re not wrong. Cody wants the promotion to have an old school NWA feel and all of HIS matches have had that feel but the majority of the card is stuff I listed.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
Look at us old fuddy-duddy's talking about these young whippersnappers with their newfangled wrestling gimmicks not being like the oldfangled wrestling gimmicks.

What's wrong with these kids today? Wrestling is going to hell in a handbasket!

(Yells and shakes fist at cloud)

That's actually what I was looking for. I knew there must have been some clarification I was missing.

I'm pulling for AEW and think I'll like their style a little better, but you can only take grass roots so far. If they really are trying to be more than an indy franchise, they need to hit the mainstream media/tv ASAP. I do know that is the end result and it will happen. I'm just worried they are losing the interest they may have established this summer. They've put on some good PPVs that should appeal to us old schoolers, but they don't have a "home" to take the aftermath to yet. Just don't want them to lose steam and get minimal ratings because no one knows about them. If they lose that tv contract, that'll be all she wrote.
What? I explained just like William did in my previous posts yet you don’t understand what I said but do his? Hmmmmkay.

And the belt thing was real I’m sure but it’s definitely an angle now and looks like a good one. Btw that belt is reported to be worth $100k and the women’s belt is high price as well. Dayum. The police put out a pic with a cop posing with the found belt saying they were gonna pop some bubbly but took it down soon after.

What? I explained just like William did in my previous posts yet you don’t understand what I said but do his? Hmmmmkay.

And the belt thing was real I’m sure but it’s definitely an angle now and looks like a good one. Btw that belt is reported to be worth $100k and the women’s belt is high price as well. Dayum. The police put out a pic with a cop posing with the found belt saying they were gonna pop some bubbly but took it down soon after.

Zaycat and uncle Dave are one in the same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT