ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

I don’t listen to any wrestling podcasts and choose to only listen to 5-10 minute clips and highlights on subjects I’m interested in on YouTube.

Usually consists of Prichard, Austin, JR, and Bischoff.

So this is how much wwe cares about tag teams...at the next PPV the raw tag title match is Rollins/Braun vs Zig/roode- who is even remotely excited about that?

Bruce's is starting to wear a little thin - I feel like he's being even more careful than he used to be in terms of criticizing the (past) product. JR is a grumpy bitch, but he'll call a spade a spade. Tony's is the best, but I feel like Arn's really has potential.
I think it was a Bash at the Beach watch along with Tony and Conrad. Conrad went down a rabbit hole talking about Eddie Guerrero looking like a dirtbag (it was a compliment). He said Eddie looked like the guy at the fair who would operate Graviton, ride a dirt bike, and have meth in his pocket.

It was hilarious. I'm too lazy to find it and give a time cue.

Conrad is at his best with Tony. I'll give Arn a shot. I've given up on Bischoff and JR only gets one more shot.

I really hate them putting Braun in another universal title match unless they plan on having him win. He doesn’t need to lose another one.

Think they said it’s 3rd straight September he’s had a universal title match.

Don’t think they will pull the belt off Seth again after another short reign so Braun is probably a bridge to the next feud unless he turns heel after this and gets a rematch down the line.

Hoping Seth is the one that turns on Braun and they then have Braun win the belt. I just don’t know why in the hell you’d have him lose another UC match before ever winning a singles title. They have plenty other people they could have had lose to Seth.

Btw there was people upset that Moxley didn’t kayfabe his injury. This Omega interview took it the direction y’all wanted. A lot of truth in what he’s saying also. Makes me want to see them lock up even more now.

Okay so I know it may seem trivial but the lack of attention to details drives my OCD over the edge. One of the biggest things that makes me insane is when guys kick out of the count and raise the shoulder that the guy is lying on instead of the other shoulder. Common sense would tell you that when they kick out that the shoulder with no weight on it would be the one easiest to get off the mat not the one with a 300 lb dude lying on it. It isn't just one or 2 guys who do it either it's most of them. I guess guys just aren't' being taught the small things anymore.

Okay so I know it may seem trivial but the lack of attention to details drives my OCD over the edge. One of the biggest things that makes me insane is when guys kick out of the count and raise the shoulder that the guy is lying on instead of the other shoulder. Common sense would tell you that when they kick out that the shoulder with no weight on it would be the one easiest to get off the mat not the one with a 300 lb dude lying on it. It isn't just one or 2 guys who do it either it's most of them. I guess guys just aren't' being taught the small things anymore.

Don’t worry AEW is so completely focused on the details they’ve spent almost a year priming for 3 big shows and an upcoming weekly show...

Let that wwe butthurt flow Wes...

A detail that bothers me is when a guy goes to use a pin where he has to hold both guy’s legs, the wrestler getting pinned brings his freaking legs up so the guy can grab them for the pin. It’s so stupid and embarrassing honestly.

A detail that bothers me is when a guy goes to use a pin where he has to hold both guy’s legs, the wrestler getting pinned brings his freaking legs up so the guy can grab them for the pin. It’s so stupid and embarrassing honestly.

Calm down dude

The point that a lot of people miss is that people are not wrestlers.

A lot of people think you’re "in the ring" and you aren’t.

There is truth to both aspects, but the point I want people to understand is that when you get into the ring for wrestling, it can look like you’re just standing there doing a bunch of push ups. It isn’t as if you don’t know what you’re doing, that you are physically tied up and can’t move, but you’re still just in the ring. You won’t be thinking about your leg(s) or what you’re trying to do.

Hoping Seth is the one that turns on Braun and they then have Braun win the belt. I just don’t know why in the hell you’d have him lose another UC match before ever winning a singles title. They have plenty other people they could have had lose to Seth.

Btw there was people upset that Moxley didn’t kayfabe his injury. This Omega interview took it the direction y’all wanted. A lot of truth in what he’s saying also. Makes me want to see them lock up even more now.

Meh, dude came out and apologized to fans for not being able to wrestle. No big deal, not like Tiger Woods would have Brooks Koepka hit him in the knee with a 9 iron then Tiger announce he needs surgery. Stupid comparison i know, but think it is pretty stupid for a guy to catch heat apologizing to fans for a old injury that resurfaces. Not EVERYTHING has to be scripted and part of the show in wrestling.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
You know what? God bless Bill Apter for still having a career despite the deck being stacked against him, what with kayfabe not existing anymore.

Bill Apter hasn't been involved with PWI for like 20 years
God bless him for still having a career anyway!

Don't mind me, just gracefully leaving the ring...

QcM9sSto.gif

1. Seth Rollins
2. Daniel Bryan
3. AJ Styles
4. Kofi Kingston
5. Kazuchika Okada
6. Johnny Gargano
7. Roman Reigns
8. Kenny Omega
9. Hiroshi Tanahashi
10. Will Ospreay

Kind of surprised Adam Cole didn’t make the top 10

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Bill Apter is was and will be better than uncle Dave.

Meltzer is a freaking weirdo, and I have some good friends that are good friends with him...and they probably don’t like me saying it, but the dude is weird.

But Apter is a Benoit tin foil hat conspiracy guy. Those are the worst.

Meltzer is a freaking weirdo

I subscribe to the observer and love his podcasts, but yes he is weird. I was listening one day and Bryan Alvarez mentioned it was his daughters birthday and Dave just went "OMG I can't believe we never realized your daughter has the same birthday as Ricky Steamboat!" and Bryan was like "yeah my wife was in labor and having a natural birth, Ricky Steamboat was the furthest ****ing thing from my mind" and Dave just went on and on about how he couldn't believe it.

Reactions: BKH34
God bless him for still having a career anyway!

Don't mind me, just gracefully leaving the ring...

QcM9sSto.gif

Lol. The only reason I know that is that people were tweeting stuff at him because they were mad Roman Reigns was wrestler of the year or something and he just went "I HAVEN'T BEEN THERE SINCE 1999!"

I subscribe to the observer and love his podcasts, but yes he is weird. I was listening one day and Bryan Alvarez mentioned it was his daughters birthday and Dave just went "OMG I can't believe we never realized your daughter has the same birthday as Ricky Steamboat!" and Bryan was like "yeah my wife was in labor and having a natural birth, Ricky Steamboat was the furthest ****ing thing from my mind" and Dave just went on and on about how he couldn't believe it.
Gosh, he's like Darren Rovell.

Chi-Town Rumble. WCW likes to have real sports people at ringside in the late 80s because they think it brings them legitimacy. Bears fullback Brad Muster is hard cam front row, cheering for Flair. Sitting next to him and marking out for every move in the match like this is all new to him:

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT