ADVERTISEMENT

Can anyone verify this?

It seems like with the betting frenzy nowadays, there are odds on most everything,
Are there odds on whether Calipari is the coach next year and also odds on potential replacements ??
Just curious ...

Reading elsewhere behind paywall from a person/media in the know. Ultimately they think Cal is out.

- No consensus either way

- Basketball side of house meeting w players, objective is to get a core group anchored by Reed to return (others- DJ, Z, Adou. Would not be a scenario where ran back w just freshman and portal. Would have a core group back, only option.

-Michigan talking w Cal

-If he returns changes to asst are definite specifically to address defense

-Cal genuinely didn't think they'd start to look at ways to get him out

-Buyout is on table w/non Craft folks involved and optimistic they can get there; source quotes from boosters:

The pushback is very real, with one source saying:
-"They're moving against him."
Another added:
-"I think it's finished, and should be."
If there is no consensus then, does that mean some are against replacing Calipari? That's not good if true.

No way Calipari should be allowed to stay unless defense is addressed. Either with changes in assistants or ???

Good that Craft is not involved.

Glad to hear well placed people are seriously seeking a resolution. UK basketball is a toxic dumpster fire right now.

If there is no consensus then, does that mean some are against replacing Calipari? That's not good if true.

No way Calipari should be allowed to stay unless defense is addressed. Either with changes in assistants or ???

Good that Craft is not involved.

Glad to hear well placed people are seriously seeking a resolution. UK basketball is a toxic dumpster fire right now.
If I’m reading between the lines correctly it’s saying it’s no sure shot, that he’s gone or not. He’s trying to prepare for a comeback by bringing the core group back and trying one more time (with Michigan as a possible backup scenario). The booster side (other than the Crafts who are likely pissed at what this has become due to their help along the way and won’t pay another dime) is fundraising, looking for commitments from everybody they can.

This weekend and next week will be critical for the program. I don’t care who he could possibly bring back, get him out of here and hire somebody who can turn the core group with some freshman/portal additions into an actual contender.

I think this is the answer. I’m not sure his ego would allow him to continue as coach much more. His ego and narrative has been more than exposed to not only UK fans, but to the rest of the basketball world. With due respect, please step out of the coaching position Cal while you still have a touch of credibility.
Regarding the last line of your post: Oops...too late

Reactions: The Snoke
You don't even recall your attempt when your handle was nice and shiny new to pose yourself as an insider with some knowledge about something going on with the team? I can't recall the exact topic, but you went on about knowing someone inside the program and blah blah blah.
Because I was told earlier in the season Cal wouldn’t be back at Kentucky and it all came down to March. Now that it is over I’m just like the rest of you, I still think Cal is gone but anything can happen at this point

Reading elsewhere behind paywall from a person/media in the know. Ultimately they think Cal is out.

- No consensus either way

- Basketball side of house meeting w players, objective is to get a core group anchored by Reed to return (others- DJ, Z, Adou. Would not be a scenario where ran back w just freshman and portal. Would have a core group back, only option.

-Michigan talking w Cal

-If he returns changes to asst are definite specifically to address defense

-Cal genuinely didn't think they'd start to look at ways to get him out

-Buyout is on table w/non Craft folks involved and optimistic they can get there; source quotes from boosters:

The pushback is very real, with one source saying:
-"They're moving against him."
Another added:
-"I think it's finished, and should be."
Good news. Hope this gets done fast. Goid stuff brother. Thanks for posting

Reactions: HagginHall1999
If I’m reading between the lines correctly it’s saying it’s no sure shot, that he’s gone or not. He’s trying to prepare for a comeback by bringing the core group back and trying one more time (with Michigan as a possible backup scenario). The booster side (other than the Crafts who are likely pissed at what this has become due to their help along the way and won’t pay another dime) is fundraising, looking for commitments from everybody they can.

This weekend and next week will be critical for the program. I don’t care who he could possibly bring back, get him out of here and hire somebody who can turn the core group with some freshman/portal additions into an actual contender.
Sounds like it's going to come down to how pi$$ed off the non-Craft boosters are with Calipari. I've read here that some were actively trying to get rid of him as far back as two years ago.
I wonder if Barnhart will try to mediate a compromise (hiring new assistants for example) between the two sides or if he will fall in line with the boosters? It sounds like Calipari was unprepared for all of this. That happens when you don't talk to your AD, biggest donors or the media.

"Others with direct knowledge of the situation said later Friday afternoon that there have been preliminary talks exploring the possibility of a buyout involving the Crafts."

From another person on here, said Ben Robert’s updated the story he put out earlier and added the above quote.
I cannot envision a scenario where either a big donor offers buyout $$$ or if Mitch phones several to beg for money, especially since he is the guy who had the lifetime contract idea in the first place. As I've said before, why in the world would you'd think we would need the services of ANY lifetime contract at Kentucky for MBB? Large numbers of good coaches would crawl to come here to do this. The only requirement -- even Hunter Biden could do this -- is to win games and you get to stay as long as you like. Win, and you're in...for life! No, as AD, I go straight to the source and say, at this point, "Are you willing to step away?", and if not, here are the consequences. I say NO buyout. And, you guessed it...I don't like spending your money, and don't even like spending my own money on things not needed (America has a spending problem!). We don't need a buyout here.

Reactions: Wildcatedward
Right now, our basketball program is worse than Oakland's.

Obviously, because they beat us in the tourney.

Let that digest for a while.

Im not having Jay Wright say our players are prepared for NBA and ready to make an impact.

This kind of talk is fool's gold.

I cannot envision a scenario where either a big donor offers buyout $$$ or if Mitch phones several to beg for money, especially since he is the guy who had the lifetime contract idea in the first place. As I've said before, why in the world would you'd think we would need the services of ANY lifetime contract at Kentucky for MBB? Large numbers of good coaches would crawl to come here to do this. The only requirement -- even Hunter Biden could do this -- is to win games and you get to stay as long as you like. Win, and you're in...for life! No, as AD, I go straight to the source and say, at this point, "Are you willing to step away?", and if not, here are the consequences. I say NO buyout. And, you guessed it...I don't like spending your money, and don't even like spending my own money on things not needed (America has a spending problem!). We don't need a buyout here.
I say that Mitch gives him 2 options

1. Resign
2. You are now the Woman's coach

I'm thinking if he just says the secondaybe number will happen 😁

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT