ADVERTISEMENT

I’m not getting a good vibe on AB per Ben Roberts latest …hope I’m wrong

I'm cynical as hell. But it's Cal's fault.

Bradshaw ain't gonna play all year. We'll be the worst shooting team in the SEC. We'll lose 12+ games. The entire team will exit at the end of the season...again. Will it all happen? Probably not. But that's how freakin' cynical I am. Can't help it.
It’s not Cal’s fault that you are miserable.

It’s your fault. Take some responsibility.

I'm cynical as hell. But it's Cal's fault.

Bradshaw ain't gonna play all year. We'll be the worst shooting team in the SEC. We'll lose 12+ games. The entire team will exit at the end of the season...again. Will it all happen? Probably not. But that's how freakin' cynical I am. Can't help it.
You might want to take the season off. If you are that far down in June I worry about your health come Jan 2024.

Reactions: thedahc
"If I don't play you can revoke my scholarship " said no player ever in the history of basketball. A idiot suggestion he come out and make that idiotic statement just goes to show how stupid some of our fanbase is. WHY should he say that ? To appease the idiotic masses of our fanbase ? Those type of fans are the ones players are LEAST likely to try and impress. Because no matter what they do or say, at the end of the day, the idiots are still going to say dumb shit like that. 0, ZERO need to waste a second on that type of fan.

I truly wish Bradshaw could have a list of posters name from on here to keep for future reference. When one of you walked up to him and ask him for a autograph, or ride his jock and tell him how great he is in person not hiding behind a keyboard, he could know the hateful things you said and spit in your face and tell you to Get away from him. I know not possible, but damn what if it was ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bradshaw literally posted on Instagram yesterday that he'll be back soon and is definitely playing, he's told BBN multiple times to stay calm, he's playing, etc. etc.

You guys punishing AB for SS's sins is pretty ass-backwards and honestly it's bullshit.

I have full faith that AB will be playing, he has said it at least a half dozen times in the last 2 weeks.

He literally had the surgery so that he was 100% that he COULD play this year, and not get into November, reaggravate it, and have to miss the season.

He didn't have to do that, he could have just taken his chances and let it heal on it's own, but he CHOSE to have the surgery to make sure he was 100% by the season.

But you guys want to tear the kid down anyways, despite him being true to his word every step along the way (tons of you were ripping him also when the USC rumors came out, turns out AB was being truthful the whole time).

I call bullshit on this whole narrative.
he is a troll

No because you have no facts or basis for this opinion. You just want to be negative, so making things up and making false comparisons helps you get there apparently, at the expense of an 18 year old kid. Feel better now?

Vanderbilt is a valid comparison. Vanderbilt was legitimately injured and just didn't heal up the way he and we'd hoped until he had surgery after our season then missed many months of his rookie year in the NBA. Foot injuries, especially in big men, are something it's 100% reasonable to be very concerned about. We hope Bradshaw is back 100% for the season start. It is unreasonable to pretend there's nothing to be concerned about.

No because you have no facts or basis for this opinion. You just want to be negative, so making things up and making false comparisons helps you get there apparently, at the expense of an 18 year old kid. Feel better now?
Yes. I. Do.

First as you said it’s an opinion. Second we have multiple precedents here. Vanderbilt being the most similar of situations. Then we have a player who just had surgery where the goalposts have already been moved to when he begins playing. This has nothing to do with an 18 year old kid. It has to do with patterns that occur under cal and how he talks so much that he really says nothing. Bradshaw will do what’s best for him. Agree or not? Bradshaw is injured? Agree or not? No real time frame for his return some have said December. Agree or not?

Now look man I just laid enough facts out there for you that this seems similar to JV. I mean JV tried to play. I never said he’s a bad guy or attacked him so what are you talking about? I have a feeling this season will be insufferable because the “18 year old kid” crap didn’t work the last few years with the players from the portal. Now cal has recreated the narrative. This year it will be “kids this, kids that”. That’s no longer an excuse in college basketball. But right here you are already starting up the spin machine.

The Vanderbilt comparison may not be a good one, but your usage of the 18 year old kid excuse as a deflection is glaringly weak. If they're old enough to go die for their country, buy cigarettes, get married, and get paid millions of dollars to play a game, then they're old enough to warrant criticism.

You might want to opt out of using that line as a defense in the future, because it really doesn't help your cause.

You guys SUCK. The kid broke a bone in his foot, he had it operated on. He is healing, you geniuses have Zero evidence he will not play this year, ZERO. Yet you trash his charecter and question his integrity because your still MAD about something SS did two years ago. Yeah it was bad and yeah Cal needs to go but leave Bradshaw alöone until he gives you a LEGITIMATE reason
The Sharpe stuff was only a year ago.

And few are taking issue with Bradshaw. It's Klutch's involvement and Cal's immanent round of annual lies that most of us are worried about.

I was one of the very first to say Sharpe would never play (yes, I’m currently patting myself on the back).

I’d consider myself the top authority on this type of thing.

Having said all that, Im not ready to say Bradshaw never plays a minute for UK. But, I’m close.

I was one of the very first to say Sharpe would never play (yes, I’m currently patting myself on the back).

I’d consider myself the top authority on this type of thing.

Having said all that, Im not ready to say Bradshaw never plays a minute for UK. But, I’m close.
If AB doesn't play and Cal defends him, that would be enough for BBN to go into "fore sale signs on Cal's lawn" mode. We're tired of the smokescreens and the condescension. I can't stand him.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell that you a foot surgery doesn't "take a couple of days". C'mon, give it some thought. What are they doing, cataloging parts and have some on backorder?
where does it say surgery took couple days?

“that once Bradshaw decided to go through with the foot surgery, the procedure was done within a couple of days.”

If you also have doubt and worry and my title says I got a bad vibe how is the title misleading ? …Ben Roberts is a standup writer …even he seems suspicious about this

Yeah Sharpe is my guy …he should have an even better season this year
He is showing no suspicion but like us he’s concerned about the recovery

This is the main reason I can’t stand him. Just be honest and talk like a normal human being and quit feeding us bullshit.

If AB doesn’t play, it will confirm what I have believed for quite some time now. That Cal is simply getting back at the fan base with his/the team’s recent performances.
Yeah that's it get back at the fan base by losing games and damaging yourself, that makes perfect sense.

Reactions: Graham51
The Vanderbilt comparison may not be a good one, but your usage of the 18 year old kid excuse as a deflection is glaringly weak. If they're old enough to go die for their country, buy cigarettes, get married, and get paid millions of dollars to play a game, then they're old enough to warrant criticism.

You might want to opt out of using that line as a defense in the future, because it really doesn't help your cause.

Please tell me, @Son_Of_Saul, what has this kid done personally to warrant criticism?

You're really going to criticize an 18 year old kid (yeah, I said it) for getting a slight fracture in his foot and wanting to get it fixed now before the season starts?

There were rumors before he committed that him and Wagner had beef- he refuted it, was true to his word and committed to the same school.

The 4-6 month timeline came from Klutch and Shams, the kid refuted it.

The USC rumors came from Klutch, the kid refuted it and made good on his word.

So what has the kid actually done to this point to warrant criticism? All I can see is an 18 year old who has been true to his word so far every step of the way.

I am genuinely curious.

I don't know what Bradshaw plans on doing so I'm not going to throw shade for something he hasn't done yet .

But here is the issue.
Calipari and Barnhart allowed the precedent to be set that if you want to pull a Sharpe, Kentucky will allow you to get away with it. So understand this. It will absolutely happen again. May not be Bradshaw, but rest assured someone(s) is going to do it. It should surprise no one that Kentucky fans are rightly very sceptical about players intentions now.

Last edited:
“There has also been persistent talk in recruiting circles that even if Bradshaw did ultimately make it to UK’s campus, he and his circle of advisers might decide to sit out the 2023-24 season completely to protect his draft stock as a possible lottery pick.”

This is quote from Ben Roberts …he’s about as professional as you can get …does not throw words around haphazardly …if he’s printing this publicly that means he thinks it’s a possibility himself …article also references the AB return to play for UK timeline multiple times …why I said I’m not getting a good vibe but I hope my vibe is wrong

Reactions: know1 and NociHTTP
Bradshaw literally posted on Instagram yesterday that he'll be back soon and is definitely playing, he's told BBN multiple times to stay calm, he's playing, etc. etc.

You guys punishing AB for SS's sins is pretty ass-backwards and honestly it's bullshit.

I have full faith that AB will be playing, he has said it at least a half dozen times in the last 2 weeks.

He literally had the surgery so that he was 100% that he COULD play this year, and not get into November, reaggravate it, and have to miss the season.

He didn't have to do that, he could have just taken his chances and let it heal on it's own, but he CHOSE to have the surgery to make sure he was 100% by the season.

But you guys want to tear the kid down anyways, despite him being true to his word every step along the way (tons of you were ripping him also when the USC rumors came out, turns out AB was being truthful the whole time).

I call bullshit on this whole narrative.
Man there’s still people acting like reeves is gone and won’t believe anything bradshaw says.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell that you a foot surgery doesn't "take a couple of days". C'mon, give it some thought. What are they doing, cataloging parts and have some on backorder?
Are you serious? It says it took two days to schedule and then perform the surgery after he opted, for the surgery. You really believe the procedure lasted for 2 days. This has to be a joke...

I truly wish Bradshaw could have a list of posters name from on here to keep for future reference. When one of you walked up to him and ask him for a autograph, or ride his jock and tell him how great he is in person not hiding behind a keyboard, he could know the hateful things you said and spit in your face and tell you to Get away from him. I know not possible, but damn what if it was ?
What if it was possible for you to not be creepy?

I get the feeling we see him play but I wouldn’t be shocked just because that’s what happens here.

Everyone take a deep breath and calm down. He said he will play and I fully trust him that come draft night he will have played in some workouts. 😂😂😂

I hope he gets better as quickly as possible. While it’s easy to get gun shy and think SS 2.0, he does deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I don't know what Bradshaw plans on doing so I'm not going to throw shade for something he hasn't done yet .

But here is the issue.
Calipari and Barnhart allowed the precident to be set that if you want to pull a Sharpe, Kentucky will allow you to get away with it. So understand this. It will absolutely happen again. May not be Bradshaw, but rest assured someone(s) is going to do it. It should surprise no one that Kentucky fans are rightly very sceptical about players intentions now.

This right here is it in a nutshell, TampaCat. I agree with you that Bradshaw has been a standup kid so far amid all the media speculation during his recruitment and now this injury. But you simply cannot blame UK fans for being skeptical now that the Sharpe precedent has been set. Literally no other school has ever allowed that to happen. Cat’s out of the bag now.

AB has a ton of potential and gonna be really good in a few years. With that said, he'd be better off to probably not play this year and have GM's "think" he's a lottery pick than to go ahead and play, then not be a first rounder. I don't know how good he is for sure but I'd bet that he won't perform up to those lottery pick projections, but I could be wrong. If you all disagree I couldn't argue that you was wrong just that those were my thoughts.
I agree with the point that he most likely won’t play up to top 5-10 pick potential this season. Like you, I think he’s 3/4 years away from tapping into his said potential. I think we will see glimpses of his talent, but he wont be anywhere near dominant in college. He’s wayyyyy too skinny and weak right now for big time college basketball IMHO. Hope I’m wrong.

and just how many times did ccc say SS was going to play the following year
not saying Bradshaw won't play at some point, but yu can NEVER believe a word that the 2 faced used car salesman says...........NEVER
history has taught that over the last 10 years
That's called a 'cover your ass' post. You're not saying he won't play, but beither would you be surprised if he doesn't. You win either way. If the kid isn't a fraud, and I have no reason to believe he is, he'll be practicing with the team by September and that gives him plenty of time to adjust before the season starts in November.

All this "Klutch" talk doesnt matter when it pertains to Bradshaw. They can not want him to play all they want, but it doesnt matter, its up to the player himself, and all indications that have been given is that AB wants to play and will ASAP.

Reactions: gharding07
It may not be up to AB, that was that was the point of her post.
How would it not be up to AB? Klutch might try to nudge him one way, it definitely will still be in his hands, just as it was with Livinston continuing to play here last season when it was said "Klutch" wanted him to shut it down.

Are you serious? It says it took two days to schedule and then perform the surgery after he opted, for the surgery. You really believe the procedure lasted for 2 days. This has to be a joke...
And you don't think I was speaking tongue in cheek? Jokes on you. Here wear a mask, you'll look pretty. You completely missed the point, you'd have better luck stepping in front of a bull's eye. Seriously, I like you but you need to hold Cal and his act a bit more accountable. Many of us see what's going on here. Yes, the injury was real. That's not the issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT