ADVERTISEMENT

I’m not getting a good vibe on AB per Ben Roberts latest …hope I’m wrong

I think he plays, he wants to be here. He wants to play. I dont think SS ever stated either way. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt to AB.

I agree with the point that he most likely won’t play up to top 5-10 pick potential this season. Like you, I think he’s 3/4 years away from tapping into his said potential. I think we will see glimpses of his talent, but he wont be anywhere near dominant in college. He’s wayyyyy too skinny and weak right now for big time college basketball IMHO. Hope I’m wrong.
Aaron Bradshaw will not be at UK 3/4 years. Much more likely 3/4 of a season. I don't know why fans keep thinking the coach is someone other than Calipari. As soon as AB starts putting up decent numbers he's out of here.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
My concern is, if he starts with the team after a month how effective will he be? How long will it take for him to get back into game shape? How will he disturb the continuity that the team has developed to that point? So there are a lot of things to think about even if he sure does play. How many returned injured players have been really effective players?

Last edited:
My concern is, if he starts with the team after a month how effective will he be? How long will it take for him to get back into game shape? How will he disturb the continuity that the team has developed to that point? So the are a lot of things to think about even if he sure does play. How many returned injured players have been really effective players?
It depends on how soon he returns, whether he is allowed to do any cardio-vascular exercise while he recovers from his surgery, and maybe some intangibles about which few or maybe none of us are aware at this point. If he fully recovers in 6-8 weeks as he claims, it may slow his progress a bit, but not to the point where it will seriously affect our season.

Yeah I didn’t enjoy this …but because of the Ben Roberts source and writing about his circle of advisors and using the word speculation gave me a bad vibe …I’ve seen many posters here reference his advisors but not Ben Roberts …he’s about as professional as they come …I have to keep it real even though I tire of the Cal bashing and this program .
I get that you're tired of the Cal bashing, but this crap keeps happening with this program because Cal allows it to and he refuses to change it. Players-first + Generation Z = a nonstop disaster. Add Kluch into the mix and it's even worse.

Then Cal gets in front of the mics yesterday and just talks in circles and doesn't actually say anything and it's because he's hiding things.

Nothing has changed but the players. Cal's priorities are not what you think they are and I'm telling you, this season is going to be another disaster.

SS 2.0

The surgery wasn't done in a couple of days because "Aaron wants to play". It just doesn't take that long. Cal is such a liar. How quickly Aaron gets back to play will speak for how badly he wants to play.
Wtf. Such a liar? Some of you fn people just say anything and think it makes ya look cool or something.
The man didn't say anything wrong in that response. What did you want him to say?!
He decided on surgery fast because he wants to have it and get well and play. Had nothing to do with how long the damn surgery takes smh

Bradshaw literally posted on Instagram yesterday that he'll be back soon and is definitely playing, he's told BBN multiple times to stay calm, he's playing, etc. etc.

You guys punishing AB for SS's sins is pretty ass-backwards and honestly it's bullshit.

I have full faith that AB will be playing, he has said it at least a half dozen times in the last 2 weeks.

He literally had the surgery so that he was 100% that he COULD play this year, and not get into November, reaggravate it, and have to miss the season.

He didn't have to do that, he could have just taken his chances and let it heal on it's own, but he CHOSE to have the surgery to make sure he was 100% by the season.

But you guys want to tear the kid down anyways, despite him being true to his word every step along the way (tons of you were ripping him also when the USC rumors came out, turns out AB was being truthful the whole time).

I call bullshit on this whole narrative.
And they will make posts time after time that the fans don't push players away. This is the kind of stupid sh*t that will. Grow the f up. I want to win every game just as bad as the rest of you, but it's a game and some things won't go your way.

This is the main reason I can’t stand him. Just be honest and talk like a normal human being and quit feeding us bullshit.

If AB doesn’t play, it will confirm what I have believed for quite some time now. That Cal is simply getting back at the fan base with his/the team’s recent performances.
What did you want him to say there?

Getting back? Getting back for what? He doesn't care what the fans think, all of you know it and it kills you

All this "Klutch" talk doesnt matter when it pertains to Bradshaw. They can not want him to play all they want, but it doesnt matter, its up to the player himself, and all indications that have been given is that AB wants to play and will ASAP.
Wrong.
If Klutch tells Bradshaw to sit, he's going to sit.

You need to understand how this works. Klutch talks to NBA people all the time, it's what they do, so if playing college ball could risk AB's draft position, Klutch will tell him not to play and that is exactly what happened with Sharpe.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
How would it not be up to AB? Klutch might try to nudge him one way, it definitely will still be in his hands, just as it was with Livinston continuing to play here last season when it was said "Klutch" wanted him to shut it down.
This tells me you didn't pay a lick of attention during the Sharpe situation, without actually telling me you didn't pay attention.

Aaron Bradshaw will not be at UK 3/4 years. Much more likely 3/4 of a season. I don't know why fans keep thinking the coach is someone other than Calipari. As soon as AB starts putting up decent numbers he's out of here.
I think Cowtown meant that AB won't show his true upside for 3 or 4 years and that we won't see the really good AB while he's in a UK jersey.

AB is only here one season, even if he turns out to be BJ Boston bad.

Wrong.

You need to understand how this works. Klutch talks to NBA people all the time, it's what they do, so if playing college ball could risk AB's draft position, Klutch will tell him not to play and that is exactly what happened with Sharpe.
That's true. The one thing we have going for us is .... His draft stock isn't the greatest is it? He definitely needs to be on the floor and show what hes capable of to be a top lottery pick

Reactions: dl51344 and kyjeff1
That's true. The one thing we have going for us is .... His draft stock isn't the greatest is it? He definitely needs to be on the floor and show what hes capable of to be a top lottery
I thought he was a projected lottery pick? If he is, we, as UK fans, should be very concerned about what Klutch pulls here.

It'll be very easy for Klutch to say he either reaggravated the foot, or they don't want him to risk reinjuring it. It’s definitely something to talk about and I don't think UK fans should be critisized for being concerned about AB sitting out.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Say what you want on either side, but now Bradshaw, his posse, and Cal, have a built in excuse to play this anyway they deem most beneficial to Bradshaw, and definitely not for UK and BBN!

With that said, those of you who think that Bradshaw is coming back at the earliest possible date to play, are suffering from a condition called Stockholm Syndrome.

I thought he was a projected lottery pick? If he is, we, as UK fans, should be very concerned about what Klutch pulls here.

It'll be very easy for Klutch to say he either reaggravated the foot, or they don't want him to risk reinjuring it. It’s definitely something to talk about and I don't think UK fans should be critisized for being concerned about AB sitting out.
Maybe just maybe a silver lining here …cause I posted the latest Givony mock draft …Bradshaw had slipped to 32 …that’s the top of the 2nd round …some posters made comments that what happened to his draft stock …good point and worth monitoring

I hate reading Cals comments as much as I do actually hearing them. I don’t hate Cal, I just don’t line the way he never says anything.
He owes you nothing.... who tells your enemy your internal issues? Then people know how to gaslight you. Or God forbid a situation changes then you held accountable for it. I mean my situation changes all the time, daily really. You adapt the best you can. No matter what you do or handle any situation 50% will agree and the other disagree. I'm sure you have figured that out. I mean that's life my friend. What is he supposed to do et him go to Duke?

Vanderbilt is a valid comparison. Vanderbilt was legitimately injured and just didn't heal up the way he and we'd hoped until he had surgery after our season then missed many months of his rookie year in the NBA. Foot injuries, especially in big men, are something it's 100% reasonable to be very concerned about. We hope Bradshaw is back 100% for the season start. It is unreasonable to pretend there's nothing to be concerned about.
Sam Bowie said be careful, be very careful.
Most of these Keyboard Cowboys on here must not be old enough to remember what Big Sam endured with his feet while attempting to play here.

Foot injuries to big men can end a career and often take months to heal. Even with surgery.

And yes, Big Sam wanted to play, also.

He may be. I don't keep up with the mocks very well. I was thinking he was late teens. It is a little concerning. Automatically saying he is SS and wont play isn't just being concerned. That's when criticism starts. Who should be blamed?

Speculation abound over the status of Aaron Bradshaw for the upcoming Kentucky basketball season, John Calipari finally addressed the star recruit’s situation in a press conference Friday afternoon. Calipari confirmed that Bradshaw — a 7-footer and one of the top prospects in the 2023 class — had an operation on his injured foot and would not be available to play for the time being, though he did not put a firm timetable on his return to the court. The UK coach said that Bradshaw had been “one of the stars” of the team’s recent basketball camp circuit not long after arriving in Lexington.

“Aaron Bradshaw was unbelievable in the camps in our community. The kids loved him. The parents loved him,” Calipari said. According to Calipari, the New Jersey native was weighing whether or not to have a procedure on his foot or wait things out in hopes of the injury healing on its own. He ultimately chose to have the operation. “Had a foot injury. Had a choice to make,” Calipari said. “Do you let it heal? Or do you do an operation. He waited for a minute to say, ‘Let me see this.’ But at the end of the day, he said, ‘I want an operation because I want to play.’” Calipari said Bradshaw would be back on campus this weekend, wearing a protective boot. The comments Friday came during Calipari’s first press conference since UK lost to Kansas State in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on March 19. Bradshaw’s playing status for Kentucky has been shrouded in mystery for months, with persistent rumblings throughout recruiting circles that he might not arrive in Lexington at all, and then, when he was one of the first UK freshmen to make it to campus in early June, the focus shifted to his health. The 19-year-old confirmed in an Instagram Live post last week that he was indeed sidelined with an injury suffered at the McDonald’s All-American Game in late March and would not be able to play in the Wildcats’ upcoming trip to Canada for the GLOBL JAM, a four-game exhibition tournament that begins July 12 in Toronto.

Bradshaw added in that IG Live post that he would be “cleared soon,” but there has been no official word from UK on the extent of his injury or a timeframe for his return to the court. Bradshaw’s IG Live proclamation came about a week after NBA reporter Shams Charania tweeted, citing unnamed sources, that the Kentucky player had suffered a fracture in his foot and could miss the start of the 2023-24 season, a rumor that had been prevalent (but unconfirmed) throughout college basketball. Later that day, Bradshaw participated in UK’s Father-Son Camp at the Joe Craft Center, taking part in basketball activities without wearing any kind of protection on either foot. A high-upside but still-developing big man, Bradshaw clearly could have benefited, if healthy, from participating in the team’s Toronto trip, which will pit the Cats against college-aged players from Africa, Canada and Germany. Calipari acknowledged as much Friday.

“It’s unfortunate for him. But we’ve had guys that couldn’t be there in the summer and came back and played great,” he said. “All I can tell you is every time he grabs me, he says, ‘I love you, Coach.’ Like, this kid is so excited about being here and wants to help us win. “These guys know — even in practice — every practice, the drills are: you win or you lose. Everything we do is with (a) score — you win or you lose. You’re teaching them (that) winning matters. With him, winning matters. ‘I want to come here and I want us to win.’ … For him, it would have been better if he played. But he’ll be fine.” A follow-up question over whether Calipari had any concern that Bradshaw’s recovery might linger into the regular season did not yield a definitive answer.

“Not from what the doctors are telling me,” Calipari said when asked whether he thought Bradshaw might miss real games, before adding a qualifier. “But we will not rush him back.” There has also been persistent talk in recruiting circles that even if Bradshaw did ultimately make it to UK’s campus, he and his circle of advisers might decide to sit out the 2023-24 season completely to protect his draft stock as a possible lottery pick. Calipari, presumably aware of that speculation, added that once Bradshaw decided to go through with the foot surgery, the procedure was done within a couple of days. “So he wants to play,” the UK coach declared.

247Sports ranked Bradshaw as the No. 5 overall player in its final 2023 rankings, which also featured UK teammates Justin Edwards (No. 3) and DJ Wagner (No. 6) in the top 10, with the Wildcats’ overall incoming group rated as the best recruiting class in the country. Bradshaw is also included in some early projections as a lottery pick in the 2024 NBA Draft.

Speculation abound over the status of Aaron Bradshaw for the upcoming Kentucky basketball season, John Calipari finally addressed the star recruit’s situation in a press conference Friday afternoon. Calipari confirmed that Bradshaw — a 7-footer and one of the top prospects in the 2023 class — had an operation on his injured foot and would not be available to play for the time being, though he did not put a firm timetable on his return to the court. The UK coach said that Bradshaw had been “one of the stars” of the team’s recent basketball camp circuit not long after arriving in Lexington.

“Aaron Bradshaw was unbelievable in the camps in our community. The kids loved him. The parents loved him,” Calipari said. According to Calipari, the New Jersey native was weighing whether or not to have a procedure on his foot or wait things out in hopes of the injury healing on its own. He ultimately chose to have the operation. “Had a foot injury. Had a choice to make,” Calipari said. “Do you let it heal? Or do you do an operation. He waited for a minute to say, ‘Let me see this.’ But at the end of the day, he said, ‘I want an operation because I want to play.’” Calipari said Bradshaw would be back on campus this weekend, wearing a protective boot. The comments Friday came during Calipari’s first press conference since UK lost to Kansas State in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on March 19. Bradshaw’s playing status for Kentucky has been shrouded in mystery for months, with persistent rumblings throughout recruiting circles that he might not arrive in Lexington at all, and then, when he was one of the first UK freshmen to make it to campus in early June, the focus shifted to his health. The 19-year-old confirmed in an Instagram Live post last week that he was indeed sidelined with an injury suffered at the McDonald’s All-American Game in late March and would not be able to play in the Wildcats’ upcoming trip to Canada for the GLOBL JAM, a four-game exhibition tournament that begins July 12 in Toronto.

Bradshaw added in that IG Live post that he would be “cleared soon,” but there has been no official word from UK on the extent of his injury or a timeframe for his return to the court. Bradshaw’s IG Live proclamation came about a week after NBA reporter Shams Charania tweeted, citing unnamed sources, that the Kentucky player had suffered a fracture in his foot and could miss the start of the 2023-24 season, a rumor that had been prevalent (but unconfirmed) throughout college basketball. Later that day, Bradshaw participated in UK’s Father-Son Camp at the Joe Craft Center, taking part in basketball activities without wearing any kind of protection on either foot. A high-upside but still-developing big man, Bradshaw clearly could have benefited, if healthy, from participating in the team’s Toronto trip, which will pit the Cats against college-aged players from Africa, Canada and Germany. Calipari acknowledged as much Friday.

“It’s unfortunate for him. But we’ve had guys that couldn’t be there in the summer and came back and played great,” he said. “All I can tell you is every time he grabs me, he says, ‘I love you, Coach.’ Like, this kid is so excited about being here and wants to help us win. “These guys know — even in practice — every practice, the drills are: you win or you lose. Everything we do is with (a) score — you win or you lose. You’re teaching them (that) winning matters. With him, winning matters. ‘I want to come here and I want us to win.’ … For him, it would have been better if he played. But he’ll be fine.” A follow-up question over whether Calipari had any concern that Bradshaw’s recovery might linger into the regular season did not yield a definitive answer.

“Not from what the doctors are telling me,” Calipari said when asked whether he thought Bradshaw might miss real games, before adding a qualifier. “But we will not rush him back.” There has also been persistent talk in recruiting circles that even if Bradshaw did ultimately make it to UK’s campus, he and his circle of advisers might decide to sit out the 2023-24 season completely to protect his draft stock as a possible lottery pick. Calipari, presumably aware of that speculation, added that once Bradshaw decided to go through with the foot surgery, the procedure was done within a couple of days. “So he wants to play,” the UK coach declared.

247Sports ranked Bradshaw as the No. 5 overall player in its final 2023 rankings, which also featured UK teammates Justin Edwards (No. 3) and DJ Wagner (No. 6) in the top 10, with the Wildcats’ overall incoming group rated as the best recruiting class in the country. Bradshaw is also included in some early projections as a lottery pick in the 2024 NBA Draft.

Who

I hate reading Cals comments as much as I do actually hearing them. I don’t hate Cal, I just don’t line the way he never says anything.
That's pretty much all coaches. There's a reason why they call it coach-speak.

Very much like some politicians they get really good at saying a lot without actually saying anything.

It does make you wonder if Cal and UK shouldn't just get ahead of this. Retain Bradshaw as a scholarship player, but inform him he's not playing this year (red shirt or whatever). Then we can honestly tell whoever is remaining in the portal, that Bradshaw won't be a factor in their playing time, should they choose to come here.

We avoid the "will he wont he" fiasco, get another PF in here, and it would make fantastic PR for future players to want to come here, by doing right by the player..

That's pretty much all coaches. There's a reason why they call it coach-speak.

Very much like some politicians they get really good at saying a lot without actually saying anything.
Well at least Cal is good at something

Please tell me, @Son_Of_Saul, what has this kid done personally to warrant criticism?

You're really going to criticize an 18 year old kid (yeah, I said it) for getting a slight fracture in his foot and wanting to get it fixed now before the season starts?

There were rumors before he committed that him and Wagner had beef- he refuted it, was true to his word and committed to the same school.

The 4-6 month timeline came from Klutch and Shams, the kid refuted it.

The USC rumors came from Klutch, the kid refuted it and made good on his word.

So what has the kid actually done to this point to warrant criticism? All I can see is an 18 year old who has been true to his word so far every step of the way.

I am genuinely curious.
Great points
Bradshaw won't play with Wagner- WRONG
Bradshaw is going to USC- WRONG
4-6 months (guess we will see but I'm saying WRONG)

Once he plays his first game here, the usual suspects will transition to "Well let's see how many games, before he shuts it down early" it's all so hacky and predictable

Last edited:
Great points
Bradshaw won't play with Wagner- WRONG
Bradshaw is going to USC- WRONG
4-6 months (guess we will see but I'm saying WRONG)

Once he plays his first game here, the usual suspects will transition to "Well let's see how many games, bet he shuts it down early" it's all so hacky and predictable

They must be exhausted having to move the goalposts so often.

It does make you wonder if Cal and UK shouldn't just get ahead of this. Retain Bradshaw as a scholarship player, but inform him he's not playing this year (red shirt or whatever). Then we can honestly tell whoever is remaining in the portal, that Bradshaw won't be a factor in their playing time, should they choose to come here.

We avoid the "will he wont he" fiasco, get another PF in here, and it would make fantastic PR for future players to want to come here, by doing right by the player..
That could happen behind the scenes and be in keeping with Cal's cloak and dagger management style when it comes to injuries and who is on the roster vs who is available to play

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Maybe just maybe a silver lining here …cause I posted the latest Givony mock draft …Bradshaw had slipped to 32 …that’s the top of the 2nd round …some posters made comments that what happened to his draft stock …good point and worth monitoring
Did you see what Klutch just did with Chris Livingston?

They were careless and probably cost him millions. Nobody should trust that organization at all. Chris should have worked out for the draft process and he should have played the 4.

Klutch calls the shots, not Cal, not the player and not the family.

Wrong.

Why did Livingston continue to play while Klutch supposedly told him to sit?

Why is no one worried about Klutch shutting down Edwards? Even before the foot injury, Bradshaw was getting slammed because he is repped by Klutch (won't play with Wagner/USC, etc.) and yet, Edwards also repped by Klutch, but no one EVER questions either his desire to play for UK or Klutch's desire for him to play for UK.

But, AB gets slammed repeatedly that he won't play...even before the injury. But nothing about Edwards. I don't understand it.

Just for clarification...I'm not in anyway criticizing Edwards. Just wondering with Bradshaw gets doubted.

They must be exhausted having to move the goalposts so often.
The ones that are exhausting to me, are the guys in here trying to defend Cal by making excuses for all the failures, all the crap that happens behind the scenes, the coach speak, the stubbornness and the pathetic performances that have cost this program so much.

The mental gymnastics I see on here daily by these Cal fans trying to defend him, is really impressive. I mean, I will never understand how so many adults can't see what's happening right under their noses.

I don't have to move goalposts to make my points about how bad of a shitshow this has become, Cal proves it for me with almost everything he does or says.

And you don't think I was speaking tongue in cheek? Jokes on you. Here wear a mask, you'll look pretty. You completely missed the point, you'd have better luck stepping in front of a bull's eye. Seriously, I like you but you need to hold Cal and his act a bit more accountable. Many of us see what's going on here. Yes, the injury was real. That's not the issue.
Yeah. I am sure you were speaking tongue in cheek. I do not think you are that clever.
I can hold Cal accountable without being a nonstop blubbering asshole. I do not hate him and I support him and the team.

Reactions: Graham51
Why did Livingston continue to play while Klutch supposedly told him to sit?
Who said Klutch told him to sit during the season? Where did you get that?

Klutch told Cal not to play him at the 4, so you tell me, did Cal play him at the 4? No, he didn't, then he lied to the fans: "I couldn’t put him at the 4, you ready for this… because I hadn't played him there before, it would be unfair to the kid… " that's such a load of shit. We all know the real reason.

Ado played the 2, 3 and the 4 last season, why was he able to do it?

But you're partially right, Klutch DID tell Chris to sit, but it was during the NBA combine and again, you tell me, what did Chris do? Say it with me… .he sat.

The ones that are exhausting to me, are the guys in here trying to defend Cal by making excuses for all the failures, all the crap that happens behind the scenes, the coach speak, the stubbornness and the pathetic performances that have cost this program so much.

The mental gymnastics I see on here daily by these Cal fans trying to defend him, is really impressive. I mean, I will never understand how so many adults can't see what's happening right under their noses.

I don't have to move goalposts to make my points about how bad of a shitshow this has become, Cal proves it for me with almost everything he does or says.
The anti Cal goalposts haven't been moved in the last 3 years, they haven't required a new coat of paint either.

Why is no one worried about Klutch shutting down Edwards? Even before the foot injury, Bradshaw was getting slammed because he is repped by Klutch (won't play with Wagner/USC, etc.) and yet, Edwards also repped by Klutch, but no one EVER questions either his desire to play for UK or Klutch's desire for him to play for UK.

But, AB gets slammed repeatedly that he won't play...even before the injury. But nothing about Edwards. I don't understand it.

Just for clarification...I'm not in anyway criticizing Edwards. Just wondering with Bradshaw gets doubted.
Because Edwards is a legit top shelf talent, Klutch knows they don't have to hide his flaws.

That might make some sense if Cal actually put the program first. But he doesn't, so that won't happen.

The anti Cal goalposts haven't been moved it the last 3 years, they haven't required a new coat of paint either.
No, it's been pretty easy, 9-16, Saint Peters, Sharpe, KSU, 12 losses, barking at the fans, the Wheeler debacle, get on the back of the train, can't play Chris at the 4, refusing to do pressers, lying to the fans, the 1980's offense, taking long two's, playing favorites, refusing to play the Benny line-up… I could go on. It's way too easy and I don't need to move any freaking goalposts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT