ADVERTISEMENT

Cal's second legit shot at 40-0.

We need another big
[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

Please tell me this is a joke . I mean we are going to add Frank Anselem who is 6;'10 but he wont play much . You play 2 PF and 2 Centers in cbb .

We have Brooks Ware and Fletcher at the 4 ( though Fletcher will play some 3 too) Hell we have Toppin though he might have to sit out

At the 5 we have Sarr and Jackson and will add Frank A.

We need nothing . Most talented roster since 2012 and deepest ever .Even more deep then 2015.

Just look at our height - 6'3 6'4 6'6 6'7 6'7 6'7 6'7 6'8 6'9 6'9 6'10 7'0

We ain't going 40-0 but we might go 38-2 .

[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

Please tell me this is a joke . I mean we are going to add Frank Anselem who is 6;'10 but he wont play much . You play 2 PF and 2 Centers in cbb .

We have Brooks Ware and Fletcher at the 4 ( though Fletcher will play some 3 too) Hell we have Toppin though he might have to sit out

We need nothing . Most talented roster since 2012 and deepest ever .Even more deep then 2015.

we’re adding williams, Keion played with him in indiana, why do you think Keion’s dad tweeted that out?

I'm not sure yet we have a 30 win team yet. 40-0, nope!!!

Not to mention, this coronavirus limiting off-season stuff is going to affect us more than most schools/teams.

Cane, we love you buddy, but slow down.

This team is not deeper or more talented than 2015. Start listing names and it's not close.

But it doesn't have to be to be a very good team in 2020.

Ok maybe not but I believe they will be top 10. Let's replace them with one of these Baylor, Michigan St. or Texas Tech. You can nit pick one of the schools I listed but the point is there will be plenty of tough teams who can beat anyone on a given night.
for sure

I think our talented wings will bring us through the early goings... That's the key, we need to stop losing these early games that we normally win. Ok, losing to UCLA, Utah and the Champions Classic isn't out of the norm or a huge deal.. but they are often games that Kentucky goes on to vindicate later in the year. In the last few years, we seemingly take an unnecessary loss or two early on.

I don't see that happening now. Even with Kansas early on, our front court is now on their level (and might have been before Sarr, just too many unprovens to know), but our backcourt better on almost all fronts.

Ok maybe not but I believe they will be top 10. Let's replace them with one of these Baylor, Michigan St. or Texas Tech. You can nit pick one of the schools I listed but the point is there will be plenty of tough teams who can beat anyone on a given night.
How can you be Top 10 and not good? lol
Kansas will be contenders. I hate them as much as the next person but every off season people predict their downfall and they still manage to rack up 30 wins. So i’m not sure i’m ready to write them off just yet.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
college basketball will have no real elite teams. villanova and gonzaga? gimme a break. we could be top 5 all year and #1 for a good stretch. but we’re going to lose games. until i hear the ncaa’s final verdict on transfers and reclasses, i’m assuming cbb will be deeper next year than it’s been trending. cbb may be down again but already some teams that were going to be ranked next year are starting to fill in missing pieces from this temporarily extended pool. how extended we don’t know. but cal is tearing it up in such a case. if he gets the waiver i think it’s because of the virus. fine. i think there’s a good chance of that.

if schools are not going to reopen until fall semester at the earliest obviously the system would have to be in place before it starts. or you’ll have transfers missing class. all our questions will be answered by or around mid june. this gives them time to consult and plan on their agenda but also would give transfers/reclasses time to finish “summer work” or living arrangements. players are already on social media claiming to be putting work in for that. how idk. but the initial ncaa signals started that ball rolling. or maybe the end of june. at least a month’s time to handle living arrangements (july-aug).

a suspended draft gives them extra time, but they have to also give transfers time. the transfer market changes the products of teams that the season will be based on. it should be accounted for with respect. it’s a big talent shift. the ncaa is partially retarded and will take up their time. i assume they'll take as much time as possible until further notice. edit- that’s why i’m guessing at least june, it SHOULD BE much earlier.

this pick up by cal may have sent them to work early. but i don’t see how they can undo their open rhetoric recently with a public who is still out of work or not working, or functioning properly, like a university. to assume everyone will be cleared with little prejudice is missing it. but so is assuming the ncaa is in a position to be in anyway restrictive of “student athletes” who are being restricted separately by the current state of things.

they could screw uk and the basis of the decision likely hinging on the coaching change, but it just won’t be well received during this time. the man has likely already cut some relationships. people talking about basketball writers forget that for each one of them there’s a also a windbag like dick vitale, who would roast the ncaa if they denied anyone during this time. at the end of the day, he’s trying to better his career. it’s an easy argument to make and in line with current modern approaches to one’s brand - a narrative which the ncaa is now actively sculpting/legislating with player likeness. fortunately/unfortunately that is the modern standard that is being massaged.

the ncaa has a tricky one here. they don’t like helping cal and need their arm twisted to do anything, but the simple fact is if the country isn’t back to at AT LEAST 80-90% proximity in the next 2 months, working, and with a spike in employment once all companies and new companies are opening, the economic uncertainty makes the economic hinderence of their waiver denials extremely glaring during this time, and imo would be wildly unpopular considering the human element. guys like vitale would eat that up loudly.

Last edited:
The big things the 2014 and 2016 teams had in common were great defense that’s why they flirted with undefeated. Both had great size and rim protection to go with experience. I’m not saying next years team won’t have a good defense by March but we won’t have an elite shot blocker on the floor all the time. Also you have a few freshman playing major minutes and they will struggle at times getting beat off the dribble. The big wings 6’6 -6’8 guys usually do. There’s going to be games where shots aren’t falling we lose.

The big things the 2014 and 2016 teams had in common were great defense that’s why they flirted with undefeated. Both had great size and rim protection to go with experience. I’m not saying next years team won’t have a good defense by March but we won’t have an elite shot blocker on the floor all the time. Also you have a few freshman playing major minutes and they will struggle at times getting beat off the dribble. The big wings 6’6 -6’8 guys usually do. There’s going to be games where shots aren’t falling we lose.
Jackson and Sarr are elite shot blockers

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Jackson and Sarr are elite shot blockers

I’m excited we got Sarr but hes not an elite shot blocker. 1 bpg is not elite it’s average for a 7 footer. I wasn’t as crazy about Haarms and didn’t think he was a great fit but he was an elite shot blocker. Jackson could be but he’s going to play what? 15-20 minutes a game.

I’m not saying we will have a bad defense but we won’t be able to lock teams down day 1.

Reactions: RunninRichie
he’s over at the THONG saying UK paid AD 200k and WWW pays recruits to go to UK, while his program is about to get the death penalty for paying recruits...PAY HEED ALL WHO ENTER THE THONG LMAO

Where's that Sarr Mixtape?

sAYXa.gif

I’m excited we got Sarr but hes not an elite shot blocker. 1 bpg is not elite it’s average for a 7 footer. I wasn’t as crazy about Haarms and didn’t think he was a great fit but he was an elite shot blocker. Jackson could be but he’s going to play what? 15-20 minutes a game.
he was. but haarms is not conditioned enough to play 25 minutes a game which is nice to have. even with a slightly smaller foul rate haarms was playing 20 mpg last year. saar was playing almost 27 mpg. not as good a shot blocker but way more serviceable.

ADVERTISEMENT