ADVERTISEMENT

Cal not happy with Oscar

Why not try coaching a little Cal? Stop trying to force feed Oscar when he has 3 LSU players around him!
Run a modern offense and let a shooter like a Grady shoot and Oscar can clean up the misses.
No other coach in the country would let a player like Grady go 11 minutes without a shot.
I agree. No excuse for Grady not getting the ball. That’s on Cal, and the other players on the floor with Grady. Cal should have told his players to get Grady the ball. That’s 100% on Cal.

Reactions: gwjenning
I can’t say it was wise to talk publicly about the issue, but I’ve definitely noticed all year that Oscar has not gone after passes into him as aggressively as he does rebounding. This can easily be remedied with focus, of course, but he needs to claim each pass as his own, the same way he does with rebounds. Clearly, a great player, but there’s always room for improvement, especially with a mindset on this relatively minor issue. He will do it, no doubt, and he and the team will much better for it.

Last edited:
OT got his first taste of having a bulls eye on him with the SEC refs. Most of the, especially on the road, every one of you know they aren't going to let him dominate and most of the time are going to keep him under wrap. It is different in the SEC with the refs so I would like to see Cal use his energy trying to protect the guy instead of publicly criticizing him. When you see a ref call two fouls on a guy early, and one of them is very questionable they know they basically taking that guy out for a lot of the game. OT has to feel like he has to play like a balerina out there so not being aggressive going after balls, I can understand him being hesitant to do almost anything. From what I have seen of him he is a good guy that has no qualms of playing 100% at all times and will if you let him.

I agree. No excuse for Grady not getting the ball. That’s on Cal, and the other players on the floor with Grady. Cal should have told his players to get Grady the ball. That’s 100% on Cal.
Tbf, Grady has got to do a better job of getting open and making his own shot as well. LSU started to really key on him 2nd half and there was a couple of times they were soft double teaming him without the ball.

Kid is going to have to be able to create his own shot at times. Especially if defenses are going to double up on him.

I also agree that we have to find ways to get it in his hands. But not having two facilitators that night really hurt that. Wheeler knows he has to find Grady and so does Ty when he doesn’t have an open look. Without the two of them passing went to ceap.

I hereby nominate Pumpers & Dumpers as the official nomenclature to be used henceforth in the hallowed lexicon of Rupp Rafters.

Huzzah!
Don’t forget about the Humpers (people who just like to F with both sides).

I apologize, I just couldn’t resist! LOL!

Reactions: kybassfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT