ADVERTISEMENT

Cal not happy with Oscar

gwjenning

Junior
Mar 6, 2017

Why not try coaching a little Cal? Stop trying to force feed Oscar when he has 3 LSU players around him!
Run a modern offense and let a shooter like a Grady shoot and Oscar can clean up the misses.
No other coach in the country would let a player like Grady go 11 minutes without a shot.

Why not try coaching a little Cal? Stop trying to force feed Oscar when he has 3 LSU players around him!
Run a modern offense and let a shooter like a Grady shoot and Oscar can clean up the misses.
No other coach in the country would let a player like Grady go 11 minutes without a shot.
It’s cloudy. How about making the sun shine Cal.

how about you worry about repeating yourself on how many times that you going to bash the head coach.

We spent the last 10 minutes playing without a PG.

Last time I checked most offenses struggle without a PG.

I am very happy how the coaching staff is doing this year. They are doing a great job.
You can't stop grown men from crying. They cry and blame all the way through life.

Go Cats!!

“Oscar wasn’t catching the balls that he always catches. They (LSU defenders) were just reaching over and tipping them away,” Calipari said after the game. “And so when we did try to throw it to him, I think we had three or four turnovers on that.

“How about reach for the ball? Like you don’t wait for the ball to come to you, because that’s when the guy goes over your back and tips it away.”

What Calipari didn’t mention was that LSU normally double-teamed Tshiebwe with its switching defenses and seemed to put a body on him every play. He was nudged, pushed and/or shoved a bit and it did seem to bother him at times.

“The kids fought. There was a lot of physicalness,” Calipari said. “Guys were getting knocked around … mostly our guys. But they hung in and gave themselves a chance.”

throw them under the bus cal!

We spent the last 10 minutes playing without a PG.

Last time I checked most offenses struggle without a PG.
With a set offense and plays, much easier for someone to fill the void if the PG goes down. Leaving it up to the 3rd option to go make something happen will never work. With that said-don’t think we win that one either way.

Have to get Keon to be consistent. 19 one night and 4 the next aren’t going to get it. Just get 14 every night as a jr. Fts, couple put backs, couple jumpers, couple layups.

Just can’t be so up and down

I wasn't happy with him either after he stole that ball and threw it away like there was 2 seconds left. He def panicked. Shit happens.

Some don’t like it when you criticize a guy for going 9-16 and is making 10 mil a year

OP has an agenda and spends most of his time searching the internet for anything he can use to start threads like this one. Use the Ignore option on this troll.

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
And some people bitch and complain like an old women. That was last year but I guess you live in the past, because it fits your agenda.
And this year we’ve lost to the only 2 ranked teams we played. Lost to a terrible ND team. And we Play another terrible team in Georgia today.
We’ve beaten a bunch of cupcakes and a mediocre UNC team.
It’s not very exciting times to be a KY basketball fan and there’s only one person to blame for that.
It‘s not an agenda.
It’s just facts!

• Love
Reactions: kywildcat41086

You’re brilliant! You should coach

I've had the opportunity to play post position in high school. It really is a two way street. You cant criticize Oscar for not getting touches when he is being double teamed, likewise the guards just cant force the ball in there when there is not enough space for Oscar to reliably get the ball.

Im still for Coach Cal, but really? I don't see how the Coach can criticize one of the most excellent rebounders of all time that we just happen to have.

Reactions: dl51344

Well well looks who is back with his hourly bitch moan and whine post about anything coach Cal ,lol . Yep just another dumb ass post .!,

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
And this year we’ve lost to the only 2 ranked teams we played. Lost to a terrible ND team. And we Play another terrible team in Georgia today.
We’ve beaten a bunch of cupcakes and a mediocre UNC team.
It’s not very exciting times to be a KY basketball fan and there’s only one person to blame for that.
It‘s not an agenda.
It’s just facts!

It's an agenda if you think UNC is "mediocre" at 10-4, who hasn't had any bad losses, and currently sits near the top30 in Kenpom. That's not mediocre, and you're not presenting "facts".

You're also insinuating that Cal is to blame for having to play a crappy Georgia team today.

You're quickly becoming one of the worst posters here.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
UNC 73 - Notre Dame 78. Wed Jan 5 2022.
Bad loss?

How is a team in the top60 a "bad" loss?

Stop thinking that any team not in the top25 is just a bad team. Why do we do that here? It's like you can only be considered a good team if you have a number next to your name.

How is a team in the top60 a "bad" loss?

Stop thinking that any team not in the top25 is just a bad team. Why do we do that here? It's like you can only be considered a good team if you have a number next to your name.
I’m sure the Hubert Davis fans are saying the same thing. The UNC fans probably aren’t happy with that loss.
I watched that game and really looked at the ND roster. No way we should’ve ever lost to them,
keep lowering your standards.

Reactions: dl51344
I’m sure the Hubert Davis fans are saying the same thing. The UNC fans probably aren’t happy with that loss.
I watched that game and really looked at the ND roster. No way we should’ve ever lost to them,

And you keep thinking that teams in the top 10-20% of the nation are "bad" to fit your agenda.

Look, I don't care if people want to criticize Cal for some mistakes he's made this season, because he has made mistakes. But don't lie. Don't make shit up. It ruins your credibility.

And you keep thinking that teams in the top 10-20% of the nation are "bad" to fit your agenda.

Look, I don't care if people want to criticize Cal for some mistakes he's made this season, because he has made mistakes. But don't lie. Don't make shit up. It ruins your credibility.
All I’m saying is ND is not a good team. If they beat you it is a bad loss, that’s my opinion of them.
I watched them beat UNC and sat on my couch shaking my head looking at their roster of talent compared to ours.

Last edited:
All I’m saying is ND is not a good team. I’d they beat you it is a bad loss, that’s my opinion of them.
I watched them beat UNC and sat on my couch shaking my head looking at their roster of talent compared to ours.

Well that's a little different. Things aren't black and white. I personally think ND is "good", yet I can accept some people think they aren't.. but they aren't bad. Bad is for bottom half teams (or really bottom 1/3rd).

Mike Brey is still a damn good coach, too.

Losing to ND was a let down.. but it wasn't some unfathomable loss, and it was early in the season. Going back to the "next coach" debate.. there isn't a coach out there who is immune to losing to a sub50 team.

Agree

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT