ADVERTISEMENT

Cal bragging about his NBA all star records

No. Players First was the understanding of what Calipari intended to do. There very well may be excellent examples of coaches trying to make their players decent men. Calipari narrowed that: he was training players to make a living at playing basketball. That and their physical-well being were the focus of the program.

As it so happens, Calipari is demonstrably better at training his players to play professionally.

Some fans may want a traditional program. I have no beef with them. My disagreement is with the people trying to Astroturf some kind of movement to dislodge Calipari based on the notion that he has been incompetent.
I see what you're saying. It's fair. But I think most people just want to focus on the school's success. It's infinitely more enjoyable for fans. Cal could be the greatest person ever in helping people achieve their dreams. Super fantastic. But BBN isn't made up of folks routing for people at life goals seminars. We enjoy basketball, and miss Kentucky basketball. He can do what he does best somewhere else. We want Kentucky basketball back.

I see what you're saying. It's fair. But I think most people just want to focus on the school's success. It's infinitely more enjoyable for fans. Cal could be the greatest person ever in helping people achieve their dreams. Super fantastic. But BBN isn't made up of folks routing for people at life goals seminars. We enjoy basketball, and miss Kentucky basketball. He can do what he does best somewhere else. We want Kentucky basketball back.
I have not much beef with that. Meanwhile, with NIL, college basketball as a living thing has gone away. The players are the employees of car dealerships, dairies, t-shirt vendors, etc. Their jerseys are one step away from being festooned with ads like race car drivers do.

The issue with Cal is that he sucks without those guys and he hasn't landed any transcendent guys since Fox in 2017.

SGA, PJ, Maxey - none of those guys were transcendent in college.

The downward spiral continues because Cal can't land big fish anymore. The current class was a weak recruiting class, so spare me the "he landed the #1 class" BS.

You (and others) keep ignoring that he and Barnhart (Calipari's boss) agreed that his job is teaching young men at UK how to play professional basketball. You can insist it's something else.
As Mose said to Addy in Paper Moon, "But ___ that ___ don't ____ make __ it___ true."
Has it been documented that Barnhart agreed that his primary goal is to teach young men how to play professional basketball? I'd like to see some proof of that?

Sure that's part of his job, but I don't think Barnhart has said it's job #1.

You (and others) keep ignoring that he and Barnhart (Calipari's boss) agreed that his job is teaching young men at UK how to play professional basketball. You can insist it's something else.
As Mose said to Addy in Paper Moon, "But ___ that ___ don't ____ make __ it___ true."
Weird, they seem to start and end with AAU ball in recent years.
But never mind me, I'm muh hater, err sumthin.

I have not much beef with that. Meanwhile, with NIL, college basketball as a living thing has gone away. The players are the employees of car dealerships, dairies, t-shirt vendors, etc. Their jerseys are one step away from being festooned with ads like race car drivers do.

Festooned. Love it. Can't believe it hasn't happened yet.

Look, the guy sucks at winning when it counts. He’s a loser. For all the talent that’s come thru here and to have on GD title may be the worst job of coaching in the history of the game. He’s gotten worse as he ages. He’s disrespectful to the fanbase to the point of ridiculing them. He can take all those all stars, turn them sideways and stick em up his ass. Can’t wait til he’s thrown out of here on his fat ass.

1 title with all those guys
Yep.

Hey Calipari, or one of your family members checking in, look at how much talent you brought in to UK and sent off to the NBA while only winning 1 NCAA Title. I would call that a severe underachievement. But we know you don't give a dang about that.

Go watch some more Little House on the Prairie episodes...

Putting guys in the NBA and winning at the NCAA level is not mutually exclusive. But on the other hand, how many of those 4 and 5 stars were pushed into the draft and flamed out, or got lost in the G League. And how many more were pushed out the door because they were recruited over? He might have been a good recruiter at Memphis and UMASS, but until he got the resources and brand of UK behind him, he's still be without a title.

Cal is leaving here being known as a big time underachiever. I don’t have any confidence he wins another title. Opposing fans have been labeling him with that for years. Now most of our fan base has adopted that, including me.

Cal knows it, and I believe it’s eating at him and causing him to say these outlandish things the last several years. He just knew after a title and getting into the HOF he was destined for elite status. His legacy is going to be known for recruiting.

Look, the guy sucks at winning when it counts. He’s a loser. For all the talent that’s come thru here and to have on GD title may be the worst job of coaching in the history of the game. He’s gotten worse as he ages. He’s disrespectful to the fanbase to the point of ridiculing them. He can take all those all stars, turn them sideways and stick em up his ass. Can’t wait til he’s thrown out of here on his fat ass.
Who knew when Seinfeld did this bit 15 years ago he was describing Cal...

Reactions: NociHTTP
Well if that is truly the case, WHY do so many of these guys continue choose to play for him ? Also, SEVERAL of the guys actually credit Cal for coaching them hard, being a role model for them. They have actually stated Cal got them where they are. Maxey being the recent one. I get it that it's popular to hate on Cal (some fairly deserved), but do not alter the facts to fit your agenda. Players talk, if Cal wasn't helping these guys get better, prepare for the NBA, the kids would not keep signing up to play for him. I agree that he is too wrapped up in the NBA success, but he does get credit for SOME of what those guys have accomplished, even THEY say it.
They may say it but I don’t have to believe it. They don’t know what would have happened if they’d plaed for someone else. I’m guessing they’d all pretty much have the same success.

Problem is, we mocked Larry Brown for not winning a title in the three years he had Shaq.

And now Cal is the joke.
I’m definitely not here to defend Cal. He has been an utter and complete disappointment for a while now. But I’ll never understand when people call him out for touting stuff like this. It’s a pitch to recruits, plain and simple.

Narcissism is excessive admiration of one self.

Possible causes of narcissistic rage include:
  • Their Self-Esteem or Image Has Been Harmed. ...
  • They Do Not Get Their Way. ...
  • They Are Criticized. ...
  • They Are No Longer the Center of Attention. ...
  • They Are Exposed for Their Behaviors. ...
  • They Are Asked to Be Accountable for Their Actions. ...
  • They Face a Setback, Disappointment, or Conflict.

He is smart to keep bringing it up because all the recruits speak of how we get players to the NBA so it would be stupid to not bring it up as a selling point...
... if the purpose is to win championships and better the Program ... where's the benefit to UK with this model? None of it sounds "smart". Smart maybe if Calipari knows he can't coach and that's his only option to stay in a national spotlight and conversation ... otherwise dumb, if you're UK.

We are UK not nba
No one said we were NBA, literally no one. We can be UK and celebrate the success of our former players. This fanbase is the only fanbase in the country that doesn’t see form wr players success as a positive. That’s how toxic these unhinged weirdos are.

They may say it but I don’t have to believe it. They don’t know what would have happened if they’d played for someone else. I’m guessing they’d all pretty much have the same success.
Of course you don't, your choice. I choose to believe the kids after they are gone and no reason to lie. But that is just me, I am not a negative, believe everyone is a liar, person. Maybe they would have the same success, or maybe they go play for a coach that just let's them do what they want, have no structure or plan to help them be a better player and person. Some of these kids just want to go play where they can get theirs and not have any accountability, it then it shows when they get to the league. I guess pat Riley and all the GM's are liars also, they have stated how ell UK players are prepared for the NBA because they played at UK. That is a fact, several front office guys and NBA coaches have said as much. But, they are all liars.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT