ADVERTISEMENT

Brohm

The games that U of Smell won UK would have been favored in except maybe Notre Dame and they are not as good as the Florida team we manhandled. U of Smell has beaten no one so quit putting Brohm on a pedestal just yet. They would have as bad or worse record as UK if they played our schedule!!

The games that U of Smell won UK would have been favored in except maybe Notre Dame and they are not as good as the Florida team we manhandled. U of Smell has beaten no one so quit putting Brohm on a pedestal just yet. They would have as bad or worse record as UK if they played our schedule!!

Notre Dame isn't as good as Florida? Didn't they almost beat osu?

I agree the records would be close if you switched them but put down the pipe with Florida. They aren't any good.

Reactions: MbergCat
Florida is probably going to end up 5-7 on the season which might get their coach fired.

They have played a schedule similar to what we were getting prior to this UT resurgence and Mizzou. They are good enough to win our game no doubt about that.

Change brings excitement program wide

Eleven years of mediocrity will eventually lead us to falling behind ul … hopefully it holds off another year

Florida is terrible 😭😭😭

Brohm was .500 in the Big Ten @ Purdue with a large sample size , and had points where his job security was shaky there . He wasn’t as good as stoops has been here . UL is the only power 5 gig that would have been excited with the hire , and that is because …Brohm. Not that he won’t succeed there long-term , but they’ve benefited with their schedule .

Reactions: NostraDanis
Soft schedule definitely helped. But he is a good coach and did pretty well in the portal. He acknowledges that the last two games are the most talented teams on the schedule. So a lot can happen in the next two weeks.

Other than ND, they’ve played the equivalent of a Vandy each week. UK’s schedule would be about the same, maybe flip flop beating Pitt and losing to ND. Also, UL would likely have about the same W-L record against our schedule too, maybe losing to Florida.

I still think we beat them because they haven’t improved that much and have been propped up by an easy schedule. I think Brohm is a decent coach but he’s in a perfect spot. He was never going to win in the Big 10. He can Mark Stoops his way at UL

Louisville is his Alma mater; he went to H.S. there; he was f-ing born there. He just got there!

You think he's leaving soon?

Brohm is a very good coach and has done a great job this year. That being said, anyone pretending UL is just on another level from us aren’t living in reality. They are comparable teams.

Other than ND, they’ve played the equivalent of a Vandy each week. UK’s schedule would be about the same, maybe flip flop beating Pitt and losing to ND. Also, UL would likely have about the same W-L record against our schedule too, maybe losing to Florida.

I still think we beat them because they haven’t improved that much and have been propped up by an easy schedule. I think Brohm is a decent coach but he’s in a perfect spot. He was never going to win in the Big 10. He can Mark Stoops his way at UL
You make great points. One thing I will say is that our QB isn’t worth a damn

Brohm is a very good coach and has done a great job this year. That being said, anyone pretending UL is just on another level from us aren’t living in reality. They are comparable teams.
I guess when we knock his Richard in the dirt in a couple of weeks the UL faithful will come back to earth. UL will lose to us, FSU and their Bowl game. 3 in a row.

Apparently Brohm didn’t get the memo that it takes 10+ years to field a watchable team. He also didn’t get the memo that teams from the state of Kentucky can’t succeed at a national level. I’ve always hated Louisville, but what I respect about them and their media is that they don’t buy into the narrative that most UK fans and media perpetuate that we’re not allowed to compete on a national level because of “talent”.

Apparently Brohm didn’t get the memo that it takes 10+ years to field a watchable team. He also didn’t get the memo that teams from the state of Kentucky can’t succeed at a national level. I’ve always hated Louisville, but what I respect about them and their media is that they don’t buy into the narrative that most UK fans and media perpetuate that we’re not allowed to compete on a national level because of “talent”.
A lot of teams would be competing on a ‘national level’ with their schedule . No team other than Vandy and MSU in the SEC would have more than 2 losses …and likely just one loss as most would beat Pitt …but maybe lose to ND. They even got a so-so Duke team really injured that week . ND’s best win is a USC team that’s firing coaches and has one of the worst defenses in the modern era

Build his statue and slide it between Satterfield and Charlie What's-His-Name in the college football Hall of Fame.

• Haha
Reactions: ACT ONE
I saw some UL fans are worried he`ll take the A&M job..................... He hasn`t been mentioned, at least not that I`ve seen and I don't think A&M wants a coach who was .500 in the Big Ten and is riding the easiest schedule a team could have. I just looked at a schedule ranking that listed UL`s schedule as 115th in the nation and the same poll ranked ours at 11th. Will we beat them? We`ll see on the 25th.

Reactions: grevey35
UL is really the only place that’d be super excited to get him , and that is because of his history there . His job security was up and down @ Purdue . He isn’t a candidate for a top 20ish type job. Maybe if he wins big at Louisville

Reactions: grevey35
I saw some UL fans are worried he`ll take the A&M job..................... He hasn`t been mentioned, at least not that I`ve seen and I don't think A&M wants a coach who was .500 in the Big Ten and is riding the easiest schedule a team could have. I just looked at a schedule ranking that listed UL`s schedule as 115th in the nation and the same poll ranked ours at 11th. Will we beat them? We`ll see on the 25th.
That 115th SOS was preseason rankings but according to what site you look at Louisville current SOS is in the low to mid 60’s. Georgia is currently in the low 60’s on average, UK’s is around the mid 50’s, Michigan is also around the mid 60’s.

UL beat Notre Dame and not another team is ranked in the top twenty. Uk has lost to the 1-8-11-14 ranked teams. I think both teams records would be about the same if the schedules were switched.
Lost 4 171-82

Last edited:
UL is really the only place that’d be super excited to get him , and that is because of his history there . His job security was up and down @ Purdue . He isn’t a candidate for a top 20ish type job. Maybe if he wins big at Louisville
His “job security” was never up/down at Purdue. They loved him in W. Lafayette.

Reactions: Lamar Card
UL lost by 17 to Pitt a 2-8 team. Pitts only other win is Wofford. This is without a doubt worse than any loss we have.
No doubt the Pitt loss was a bad one and since that loss Brohm has mentioned many times that he called a bad game. He admitted that 52 pass attempts in the weather conditions that night was way to many. Not to mention our #1 RB was out most of the game I think he only had 2 Carries for like 8 yards. Louisville had 3 turnovers and Pitt scored on 2 of those turnovers.

Avid UK supporter here...just watched Brohm on tv...how did he do what he did? Win on Sat, and play for ACC championship...I know ACC is weak, but still quite a turnaround
Everything is relative. You answered it yourself - ACC is weak. Pitt easily beat UL. Pitt is 2-8. UL almost got beat at home by VA recently. VA is a really bad football team. UL is a product of their weak schedule and due for a fall against better competition. Overrated.

No doubt the Pitt loss was a bad one and since that loss Brohm has mentioned many times that he called a bad game. He admitted that 52 pass attempts in the weather conditions that night was way to many. Not to mention our #1 RB was out most of the game I think he only had 2 Carries for like 8 yards. Louisville had 3 turnovers and Pitt scored on 2 of those turnovers.
I don’t care who played if UL is all that NO WAY should a2-8 team beat you. UL might beat UK but they are far from elite!!

I’m not saying Brohm is capable of doing this, but if your goal is to have a chance to win a championship, I’m not sure the path isn’t easier at UL than at A&M. The ACC gave Clemson a couple of titles and chances at a couple more. If you can get an undefeated or 1 loss team there, you’ll get a shot, especially with the field expanding to 8 teams. The SEC is going to be a meat grinder going forward.

I don’t care who played if UL is all that NO WAY should a2-8 team beat you. UL might beat UK but they are far from elite!!
I haven’t seen one UofL fan call them elite in this thread or on this site. If we went against Bama or Georgia I would expect it to be a loss. Heck even if we make it to the ACC Championship I would expect a loss vs FSU.

Schedules are tough, time consuming and difficult things to measure and evaluate. I don't know which "football service" you citing but I am confident such "schedule rankings" are a one time, pre-season rankings.

FWIW,I think the "best" schedule evaluation is done by Sagarin. I don't know what criteria he uses but he "updates" each week. This week ( after 10 games) he ranks UL's SoS rank as #66 and UK's ranking (also after 10 game) at #56.

Peace

Reactions: Wildcat40229
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT