ADVERTISEMENT

BBN Treatment of Hami

I would love to see him have one very good game that hopefully would be a big boost for his confidence.

if he was upset with himself and watched as the team played its most impressive basketball of the season with him on the bench - AND he understands that is no coincidence, its a starting point

but its February 20, not the second week of December when this should have been figured out. I have little faith that he can mentally turn it around to the extent that he will make a difference in the remainder of our games.

In a tournament situation, we don't have the luxury of letting Hami be Hami in the hopes that he is in sync with the rest of the team.

If he comes back next year, he needs to be on the bench and earn his playing time back up by showing he can play smart ball and help his teammates.

I believe that he is a hard worker but he is playing a different game than every other player out there. It isn't enough that he is saying the right things or putting the time in the gym. There is a mental block he can't get past. It isn't a confidence issue.

I'm really not down on him, but I am down on Cal for doing this, and by his own admission he had a vested interest to play Diallo at the expense of the team and ultimately the program. People can tell me Cal is a highly paid coach with a national championship , we're going to need Diallo in March, he has to do it for recruiting, he knows what he is doing - and that's fine, but I think the second half last night was a mea culpa of sorts on his part that the Diallo experiment is over.

Cal said don't be mad at Diallo, be mad at me.....well...OK

Last edited:
We play so much better without him on the floor. Kid just can't shoot.
And that's probably one of the reasons that the offense looked so good last night, especially in the second half. He wasn't trying to drive the lane and jack up wild shots. His free throws looked a bit better but he's not a good shooter.

Reactions: westerncat
if he was upset with himself and watched as the team played its most impressive basketball of the season with him on the bench - AND he understands that is no coincidence, its a starting point

but its February 20, not the second week of December when this should have been figured out. I have little faith that he can mentally turn it around to the extent that he will make a difference in the remainder of our games.

In a tournament situation, we don't have the luxury of letting Hami be Hami in the hopes that he is in sync with the rest of the team.

If he comes back next year, he needs to be on the bench and earn his playing time back up by showing he can play smart ball and help his teammates.

I believe that he is a hard worker but he is playing a different game than every other player out there. It isn't enough that he is saying the right things or putting the time in the gym. There is a mental block he can't get past. It isn't a confidence issue.

I'm really not down on him, but I am down on Cal for doing this, and by his own admission he had a vested interest to play Diallo at the expense of the team and ultimately the program. People can tell me Cal is a highly paid coach with a national championship , we're going to need Diallo in March, he has to do it for recruiting, he knows what he is doing - and that's fine, but I think the second half last night was a mea culpa of sorts on his part that the Diallo experiment is over.

Cal said don't be mad at Diallo, be mad at me.....well...OK
Given his athletic ability I think that he could be an elite defensive player at this level which would really help the team more than his offense, or lack of it. At times he does rebound well but just can't shoot.

Reactions: brianpoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT