ADVERTISEMENT

As expected, this title game is a beat down

RingoLucky

Sophomore
Dec 21, 2020
Listening to the pundits and radio guys today, I don’t know if I heard anyone take Alabama to cover.
This is an embarrassment for the state of Ohio. At what point do we have a moratorium on teams like ND and OSU not getting ranked because of name?
Had Devante Smith not go hurt, he may have went for 500 tonight. The gap between these two teams is mind boggling. Let’s not get it twisted, the SEC is by far the best conference and will continue to be.

If I’m an A&M fan I’m even more pissed after seeing the ACC get waxed and knowing your spot was stolen by 2 ACC teams that got credit for beating each other and an OSU team that played 6 games.

A&M should have been the 4 and got their rematch with Alabama. It was a week 1 loss in TTown to the best team in the nation. And then they ran the table.

Bama had to beat 11 SEC teams this year. Played 13 games (including tonight). This was OSU's 8th game. Just a joke they even got in the playoff. ESPN played a huge role in this so they could get the game they wanted.
Bama basically gave them on TD with a turnover on their own 20 yeard line I believe.

Maybe it would have been better if we expanded to 8 teams? LOL

The offensive displays of LSU last year and Bama this were simply amazing to watch. Mac Jones in this offense looked as good as any college QB I have seen eat clock, move the ball and carve up a defense. It was a beautiful thing to witness.

Let me add, I doubted Jones would see this year, let alone dominate the way he did at QB. He is the real deal.

Maybe it would have been better if we expanded to 8 teams? LOL

The offensive displays of LSU last year and Bama this were simply amazing to watch. Mac Jones in this offense looked as good as any college QB I have seen eat clock, move the ball and carve up a defense. It was a beautiful thing to witness.

Let me add, I doubted Jones would see this year, let alone dominate the way he did at QB. He is the real deal.
Really didn't see a ton of difference between Burrow and Jones, Burrow gets the nod for being a little more mobile. Jones impressed the heck out of me with his accuracy, vision, and pocket awareness. Hard to tell how he will translate to the next level, he was often throwing to guys wide open, with his accuracy though, tighter windows probably won't be a problem.

OSU had no business being in the game. Changing the rules to force them in cheapened the whole process (as if all the political BS hadn't already).

If not OSU, who should've played? Please don't say TAM, they struggled with a decent, not great UNC team. No one was going to beat Bama this year, but it didn't help losing two starters on the DL and your RB on the first play.

If not OSU, who should've played? Please don't say TAM, they struggled with a decent, not great UNC team. No one was going to beat Bama this year, but it didn't help losing two starters on the DL and your RB on the first play.

Has nothing to do with how good (or not) they were. A team that only had to play six games did not earn the right to be in the playoffs- they were essentially put in there because they were pre-ordained to be there. They certainly didn't earn it by playing half a season.

Honestly uks defense showed as well as anyone vs this squad. Sure didn't feel that way at the time, but it's true. Especially when you factor the offense giving up in the second half
Kentucky used to fourth quarter to play Allen, Gatewood and other young players, and Alabama put up 63 on them. Ohio State playing for a National Championship and Alabama hangs 52 on them. Bama was unbeatable this year.

Listening to the pundits and radio guys today, I don’t know if I heard anyone take Alabama to cover.
This is an embarrassment for the state of Ohio. At what point do we have a moratorium on teams like ND and OSU not getting ranked because of name?
Had Devante Smith not go hurt, he may have went for 500 tonight. The gap between these two teams is mind boggling. Let’s not get it twisted, the SEC is by far the best conference and will continue to be.

Really? That's the take you're going with, OSU wasn't one of the four best teams? Name 3 other teams not named Bama that were better.

Bama was a monster this year and played their best game of the year last night.

Alabama football: your starter at QB turns from a guy that played mop up minus minutes into a record setter.
You lose your AllAmerican receiver on a kickoff return and your second receiver wins the Heisman and gets over two hundred yards receiving against the number two ranked team in the nation.

Scary good offensive football team.

Reactions: UKat1 and K_TIME
Alabama football: your starter at QB turns from a guy that played mop up minus minutes into a record setter.
You lose your AllAmerican receiver on a kickoff return and your second receiver wins the Heisman and gets over two hundred yards receiving against the number two ranked team in the nation.

Scary good offensive football team.
Bingo....
1. They lose Tua at QB, Jerry Judy first round and Henry Suggs first round at WR.
2. Waddle misses 2/3 of season at WR
3. In Title game...Davonte Smith misses 2nd half

Bama still trucked the SEC in 2020 and the display they put on in title game was eye opening. Davonte Smith is incredible, Mac Jones had an impressive year and Najjee Harris was great as well....but the Bama OLine might be the best unit to ever play in college. Those guys are/were just insane...Mac Jones had all the time to make routes happen, Harris has room to run, WR had time to get wide open, etc.... To be fair LSU was amazing last year but they built up to it with Burrow, the WR tandem were there for a while, RB was a good...but as we saw there was a down year after many of those guys left along with Joe Brady. But Bama lost about as much in 2019 and look at what they did in 2020. Simply amazing

I had no doubt that Alabama would beat Ohio St but i was surprised by the score. I have always believed that the SEC is the toughest conference in CFB and they sure proved that tonight. I have family that are big Ohio St. fans (because they lived and was raised in Ohio) and did a lot of bragging before the game. Not a word from them today. :)

Reactions: UKat1
I had no doubt that Alabama would beat Ohio St but i was surprised by the score. I have always believed that the SEC is the toughest conference in CFB and they sure proved that tonight. I have family that are big Ohio St. fans (because they lived and was raised in Ohio) and did a lot of bragging before the game. Not a word from them today. :)
Why would you brag on Alabama? Or the conference for that matter? That’s just riding coattails

Reactions: Kommonwealth
I still think OSU is a great team but Bama just had their number by a long shot tonight. They probably play again in a week with a different result. Technically Notre Dame played Bama tougher than just about anyone all season...if their TD wasnt called back and they make that fg, its a one score game. Bama is much better but the score didnt reflect it.

I will say though, the SEC is the best conference overall in terms of nearly everything (fans, passion, talent, teams, etc) but Bama beating OSU tonight has nothing to do with the SEC at all. Its just basically Alabama being elite and really head and shoulders above anyone else in this conference. Its Alabama and then the rest of the SEC...they sit alone in this conference..as does Clemson in the ACC and OSU in the Big Ten and really Oklahoma in the Big 12.

Maybe A&M feels they deserved a shot but they weren't winning anything..they would have played Bama in the Rose Bowl and lost and I dont think they beat Clemson either. Heck, they didnt exactly stomp UNC - who had their 3 best skill players on the sidelines (credit to Mack Brown for nearly overcoming that).

Just my unpopular thoughts.

Feel the same way about OSU fans as Tennessee fans. It was a butt whipping and showed OSU and their fans how big the gap remains. Bama could have scored another touchdown or two on OSU had they wanted. That was a thrashing plain and simple and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

I think the league does have something to do with Bama's success. A rotation of UGA, FLA, AU, LSU, & TAMU, give each other big game environments for their players. As they say, iron sharpens iron, Bama has their weaknesses identified before they get to the playoffs, same for LSU last year. Not to mention the recruiting, if Bama didn't keep rolling in recruiters, UGA would roll on by them.

Reactions: Ugoff
Roll TIDE !!

Reactions: Freetaxreturn
I still think OSU is a great team but Bama just had their number by a long shot tonight. They probably play again in a week with a different result. Technically Notre Dame played Bama tougher than just about anyone all season...if their TD wasnt called back and they make that fg, its a one score game. Bama is much better but the score didnt reflect it.

I will say though, the SEC is the best conference overall in terms of nearly everything (fans, passion, talent, teams, etc) but Bama beating OSU tonight has nothing to do with the SEC at all. Its just basically Alabama being elite and really head and shoulders above anyone else in this conference. Its Alabama and then the rest of the SEC...they sit alone in this conference..as does Clemson in the ACC and OSU in the Big Ten and really Oklahoma in the Big 12.

Maybe A&M feels they deserved a shot but they weren't winning anything..they would have played Bama in the Rose Bowl and lost and I dont think they beat Clemson either. Heck, they didnt exactly stomp UNC - who had their 3 best skill players on the sidelines (credit to Mack Brown for nearly overcoming that).

Result would be the same next week.......BAMA is the far superior team.....PERIOD. The score may have been a bit closer, but the outcome would be the same, a big L for the suckeyes

It's Alabama and the rest of the nation.....nobody in the nation was close to them.

The most striking thing about this game that I noticed is there is a big difference between Bamas 5 star players and everyone elses 5 star players. Maybe it is development but they were bigger, stronger and faster.

The most striking thing about this game that I noticed is there is a big difference between Bamas 5 star players and everyone elses 5 star players. Maybe it is development but they were bigger, stronger and faster.
2020-02-20-Steroids.jpg

I got Covid after reading this🍺😷

If anyone needs proof of the greatness of the SEC just look at what the sec did during bowl play.
Enough said !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT