ADVERTISEMENT

Ok… now that the beating all who know football expected is over…

UkMccurdy

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 21, 2021
Eastwood, Ky
Look… We have a lot of knowledgeable fans on this board. If you understand football, then you knew what was coming today. This isn’t a surprise at all. Alabama and Georgia are light years ahead in talent when it comes to UK. I expected a butt whipping and we got one. We closed some gaps with SEC teams but may never close the gap with those two unless their coaches leave and programs go into decline.

With that said, I’m still where I was a week ago. This team can beat USC jr and UL. We have better talent than both of these schools. We should expect to win these games and hope we do. Barring 8-4 and a bowl win also, Stoops is facing an offseason of fans being frustrated and losing hope. Many are starting to feel the ceiling has been reached and we may never rise further.

He needs the next 3 to be wins!!!

Look… We have a lot of knowledgeable fans on this board. If you understand football, then you knew what was coming today. This isn’t a surprise at all. Alabama and Georgia are light years ahead in talent when it comes to UK. I expected a butt whipping and we got one. We closed some gaps with SEC teams but may never close the gap with those two unless their coaches leave and programs go into decline.

With that said, I’m still where I was a week ago. This team can beat USC jr and UL. We have better talent than both of these schools. We should expect to win these games and hope we do. Barring 8-4 and a bowl win also, Stoops is facing an offseason of fans being frustrated and losing hope. Many are starting to feel the ceiling has been reached and we may never rise further.

There’s only 2 games left.

Yeah, the intelligent UK fans knew this.

It isn't too much to ask to compete better at home. I thought we would lose 31 to 17 or something.

SC is desperate and won't be easy. Neither will UL. They are also both on the road. I don't know if both will have their starting qb and rb out like msu did either.

Reactions: EliteBlue
8-4 with home losses to UT and Mizzu. Non-competitive against Bama and UGA. Only in today's college football would people find that successful. A win against an ACC school would be what anyone would consider to be against a good team.
Do you prefer the norm for us for the 60 years prior to Stoops?

Reactions: Jont0805

UL is going to beat us.

Reactions: Larry00

So what’s your take if we don’t take care of business the next 2 weeks and finish 6-6. I don’t think we win either game. USCJr’s passing game too good for our soft cushion D and think UoL is just an overall more aggressively coached football team and likely to beat the brakes off of us.

So what’s your take if we don’t take care of business the next 2 weeks and finish 6-6. I don’t think we win either game. USCJr’s passing game too good for our soft cushion D and think UoL is just an overall more aggressively coached football team and likely to beat the brakes off of us.

Neither game is gonna be easy.

The irony is the only chance UK has to get a true quality win this season is to beat the team we have all spent all season downgrading and belittling (me included).

Well, if we can't ever beat GA & AL, the ceiling has been reached.

Reactions: UkMccurdy and K86
8-4 with home losses to UT and Mizzu. Non-competitive against Bama and UGA. Only in today's college football would people find that successful. A win against an ACC school would be what anyone would consider to be against a good team.
MO could be 3rd best SEC team even with competitive loss at home to LSU. OM performance tonight might show differently.

Arkansas and South Florida both say we should of put up a better fight .
Alabama is a completely different team than they were in weeks 1-4. Ask Tennessee and LSU. Alabama is on a roll and will make the playoffs.

Reactions: UkMccurdy
Then I’ll be pissed. The entire fanbase should be. UK has more than both of those opponents. Stoops would be in trouble with the fanbase for the fist time since before McGinnis made the 51 yarder to MSU and save the 2016 season.

This, unfortunately. Rattler will shred our D. And we won't be able to outscore UL most likely. If we can play keep away (which is a pathetic strategy) we may have a slim chance but Brohm is a better coach than Stoops.

Reactions: Larry00
Basketball starts for real Tuesday.
If Kentucky beats Kansas then football will be gone like a fart in the wind. Like always.
Praise Be

Gap has grown wider I would say

Basketball starts for real Tuesday.
If Kentucky beats Kansas then football will be gone like a fart in the wind. Like always.
Praise Be

We both know that won't happen. Kansas is gonna win by double digits most likely, due to injuries and due to caliparis coaching.

And again, why are some of our fans too uneducated to keep up with multiple sports?

I know I can. It isn't hard.

Reactions: BeardedKatFan
We both know that won't happen. Kansas is gonna win by double digits most likely, due to injuries and due to caliparis coaching.

And again, why are some of our fans too uneducated to keep up with multiple sports?

I know I can. It isn't hard.
I was really saying that in every Kentucky fans heart we give up on being upset over football after 1 good basketball win.
Once football team has loss twice theres really no point is there anyway?

Go to bed, you're drunk. I just hope we don't get run like Zion and Duke did to us.
I never EVER expect the gotdamn Kansas Jayhawks to beat KENTUCKY. Ever. They are not on our level. 8 to 3. They may need 100 more seasons.
The gold medal cats will show up💯

I never EVER expect the gotdamn Kansas Jayhawks to beat KENTUCKY. Ever. They are not on our level. 8 to 3. They may need 100 more seasons.

8 to 4 and we lose to a lot of teams not on our level the last several seasons.

And what's the point of basketball? Calipari isn't winning another national title or making a final 4 or winning the SEC tourney again. I'll get excited when he leaves.

Will cheer for the team but at seasons end no sec title, no sec tourney, no final 4 and no national title. Cal will choke.

8 to 4 and we lose to a lot of teams not on our level the last several seasons.

And what's the point of basketball? Calipari isn't winning another national title or making a final 4 or winning the SEC tourney again. I'll get excited when he leaves.

Will cheer for the team but at seasons end no sec title, no sec tourney, no final 4 and no national title. Cal will choke.
Got damn hope your wrong. 😔

The program is getting stale. Yes it has moved up from its historical low depths but is not going anywhere. No confidence in this staff to advance it and will probably fall back some. Stoops at best is a poor mans jimbo.

If KU blows UKs doors off, the only silver lining is the tears you’ll shed. I’ll even show up on Rafters and shove your nose in it, you turd

I hate to say it, but if we do not beat USC, I'm not sure we will beat LOU. We definitely need to win next eeek.

South Carolina has to win their next 2 to go to a bowl. They have more to play for than us. The question is will they play like it? They smashed Vandy by 41 yesterday. They beat us by 10 at our place last year. Going to be tough for us to win any game left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT