ADVERTISEMENT

Are we out of the running for a Number One seed?

NCAA Selection committee will never give Kentucky credit for a Conference Tournament Championship. Say they already set the seeding before Conference Finals and nothing matters Sunday unless you weren't an at-large bid already. As for the rest, win out and see how the rest of the season unfolds in a chaotic season but unlikely.

Yes that Evansville loss killed any shot for a #1 seed. That NET ranking won't get high enough and we won't get enough quality wins in this conference.

Best case is win out and get a #2 seed which would be fine by me. Winning out will be awfully tough.

Baylor is a lock for #1 seed without total collapse

Gonzaga needs to lose at least 1 or 2 games to drop off

SD State same deal needs to lose 1 to 2 games

Dayton needs to lose a game

Maryland needs to lose a couple games

Duke needs to lose a couple games

Yes we have no realistic shot at a 1 seed. The highest we can hope to go IMO is the 6th overall seed as KU and Baylor ain't losing enough to drop from a 1 and Gonzaga and SDSU aren't losing again period . I also don't think Dayton loses more then 1 more time thus those are the top 5 seeds. If I had to bet I woud bet on UK being seed 6 or 7 come selection sunday.

Yes that Evansville loss killed any shot for a #1 seed. That NET ranking won't get high enough and we won't get enough quality wins in this conference.

Best case is win out and get a #2 seed which would be fine by me. Winning out will be awfully tough.

I think we might have an outside chance, but we would have to run the table, and I don't think that happens. However, I am sick of hearing about Evansville. It was only our 3rd game, and I don't hear anyone talking about how bad a loss that Stephen F Austin was for Duke.

Yes but almost by default. There are too many teams ahead of us that probably are not going to lose again before the Tourney, and some teams that will only lose a game or two.

I don’t think so. I think 29-5 with SEC regular season and tournament championships is very possible now. I believe that would get it as long as Dayton loses again at some point.
The NCAA will never let us be a number one unless we do what the 2015 team did. In that case, they were forced to.

I think we might have an outside chance, but we would have to run the table, and I don't think that happens. However, I am sick of hearing about Evansville. It was only our 3rd game, and I don't hear anyone talking about how bad a loss that Stephen F Austin was for Duke.

SFA is now 19-3 and 13-1 in conference. Evansville is 8-18 and 0-14 in conference. Thats one hell of a huge discrepancy.

Even if we win out we would probably be borderline 2-3 seed. It's possible to secure a 2 seed but a 3 seems more likely at this point.

Reactions: mapcatfan
If the top teams keep winning, then no. Go look at the top 6 teams record and get back to me.

I believe we have no shot at a one seed. Our overall profile isn't stronger than those in front of us. If we were to win out I think we could be a two, and rightfully so. Not only Evansville but Utah and OSU were all completely winnable games that we should have won. That's okay though. I don't care who we play. Line 'em up. Take them all on.

I think a three seed is our ceiling. Too many teams would have to tank to secure us a 2 seed, and a 1 is out of the question.

Duke needs to lose out.

FIFY

If you look at the Zags horrible schedule, worse than usual, lots of 200-300 teams, 20-21 of their 26 wins are against sub 100 teams and a couple of mid 90s and SDSU's if they drop 1 or 2 games they could fall hard because it would probably be a bad opponent.

The Zags only have 5 games against the Top 65 and they are 4-1. Their best wins are BYU, St. Mary's, Oregon and ARZ.

#2 if we win out.
#3 if we lose one or two and win SEC Championshop.
#4 if we lose one or two and fall out of the sec tourney somehow.

Absolutely zero chance for a 1 seed. I think a 2 is possible but not likely. I think we’ll end up a 3seed with an outside chance at a 2. It’s really impossible to predict with any confidence because it depends on how several other teams finish the season and not just how we finish. Lots of moving parts.

thats probably because Stephen F Austin is like 24-3 and undefeated in their conference,in constrast Evansville has a total of 9 wins, and are winless in the Missouri Valley confernce, pretty stark difference between the two teams.

29-5 and we could possibly steal the last 1 seed if alot broke our way like it has been for the last 3 weeks.

I've been doing some research today...
Our NET does not matter in seeding for us...it is the NET of the opponent that determines the quad, and thus the point value a team will gain or lose for playing them...
see the thread "just found this"

Don’t mean to sound like an A-hole, but some on here need to think before posting. No way in hell we get a one seed. Two is most likely out with a win out. Three is the ceiling, and another loss tosses that out. Now I’m not saying it’s deserved either way, just saying what past history says. Don’t believe me? Go back and look for yourself.

If we win out and make the SEC title game, we will most certainly be a 3 and possibly a 2. If we lose one game and win the SEC Tournament, same results.

thats probably because Stephen F Austin is like 24-3 and undefeated in their conference,in constrast Evansville has a total of 9 wins, and are winless in the Missouri Valley confernce, pretty stark difference between the two teams.
At the time of the game it was a worse loss than Evansville. 28.5 pt underdogs

Winning the SEC tournament has NEVER helped our seed!
It has, just not for quite some time. The bottom line is if we only have one loss the rest of the way (assuming it’s not early in the SECT), we’re a lock for at least a 3.

It has, just not for quite some time. The bottom line is if we only have one loss the rest of the way (assuming it’s not early in the SECT), we’re a lock for at least a 3.
What year was it that we beat Florida twice in a week, including the SEC final game? It's been at least that long. I believe we got a 4 and they got a 2 that year.

What year was it that we beat Florida twice in a week, including the SEC final game? It's been at least that long. I believe we got a 4 and they got a 2 that year.
We got a 4 and they got a 3. We got screwed. I think that was 2011 when we went to the Final Four and got beat by UConn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT