ADVERTISEMENT

Are we out of the running for a Number One seed?

So penalized because Evansville got worse after an early season win. We get the shaft after getting better

lol no one predicted Evansville would lose their head coach mid season and go 0-14 in conference

yet we get the repercussions

Reactions: BassProCat
So penalized because Evansville got worse after an early season win. We get the shaft after getting better

lol no one predicted Evansville would lose their head coach mid season and go 0-14 in conference

yet we get the repercussions
There's no excuse to losing at home to Evansville, regardless of how their season panned out. Might go down as one of our worst losses in history.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
If we win the next six games and don’t get a number one seed MB should raise holy hell with the selection committee . Not saying we will but if we do we are without question one of the best four teams in America AND the hottest team at this time of year which is what they have always taken into account .
It should also b taken into account that we have to start from scratch with mostly freshmen and sophomores who need to learn an offense and how to play with Eason other . Evansvilles are going to happen in that system and it was ages ago.

Nope need to much help BUT with Duke losing tonight it makes the 2 seed a mortal lock if we win out . Duke was the team standing in our way a smidge of the 2 seed as there was 1 open spot after you count FSU ,DUKE and Dayton as 2 seeds. Now with that loss if Duke loses again they are done as a 2 seed. And they will lose 1 more game for sure IMO . I think FSU might win out and win the ACC T. So as long as Duke drops 1 more then are 2 open 2 seed spots . IMO we would of gotten it if there just 1 but if there are 2 we are for sure getting it as the big east teams are still going to feast on each other.

Mortal lock? Lunardi had KY as a 4 seed during the broadcast.

Is everyone still hung up over 8 loss uncheat getting a #1 seed after not even making it to the ACC tourney finals ??

I think we might have an outside chance, but we would have to run the table, and I don't think that happens. However, I am sick of hearing about Evansville. It was only our 3rd game, and I don't hear anyone talking about how bad a loss that Stephen F Austin was for Duke.

I agree. I don't care, nor should the NCAA Selection Committee, whether a team loses to Alaska State Junior College in early November. If the team finishes the season playing great or at the level of the the top 4 best teams over the past two months and has fewer than say 7 losses, that should be all that matters. Why should a team that has a losing record all year like Vandy, for example, make the tournament if they suddenly catch fire in early March and win the SECT? Are they one of the top 64 teams at the time of winning the SECT? Probably, but at what point does the rest of the season become relevant or irrelevant?

As it stands now, Vandy would ahead of a team like South Carolina, for example, which is now bubble team at best. Yet USC's record over the season is far superior to Vandy's. And is a 'bad loss' simply one to a crappy team like Evansville, or does iit include a 22 point road loss to a bubble team like NC State or a 12 point loss at Wake Forest, a team with a 12 and 14 record, or both? Losing a game without Williamson last year hardly cost Duke anything as I recall because playing without him was baked in. If we lose without Hagans and EJ in early November before the team had had ample time to develop, isn't it a bit ridiculous to say that the best that team can do in mid March is a 3 seed even if it finishes the past two months winning 19 of 21 games ( assuming we win out), and regardless of how many were on the road in a very athletic conference or against OOC teams like UL or Texas Tech? Everyone knows the NCAA has their sacred cows and UK sure as hell isn't one of them. The rules have rarely been applied with fairness or consistency.

Yes we out of running for a #1. Should be a #2 but #3 is as High as we will be Seeded(IMO).

I don’t think so. I think 29-5 with SEC regular season and tournament championships is very possible now. I believe that would get it as long as Dayton loses again at some point.

Honestly I don't think we can even get a #2 seed. The NET seems to protects those higher seeded teams even when they lose because of the teams they play being better even with double digit losses. I'm only holding out hope for a #3 seed and we can't lose another one and get that.

Reactions: Bill Withers
The committee will be under immense fire if UK doesn't lose again and finishes 29-5 heading into the Dance and is in the top 5 of the AP poll and the NCAA gives UK a 3 seed.

They do not want that kind of fire storm so we will at least be a #2 seed although I'm sure the committee is hoping, even assuming, UK will drop at least 1 more so than can under seed them.

I would imagine Cal is already using this as a rallying point to the team.

Last edited:
The committee will be under immense fire if UK doesn't lose again and finishes 29-5 heading into the Dance and is in the top 5 in the AP poll and the NCAA gives UK a 3 seed.

They do not want that kind of fire storm so we will at least be a #2 seed although I'm sure the committee is hoping, even assuming, UK will drop at least 1 more so than can under seed them.

I would imagine Cal is already using this as a rallying cry to the team.

Cal will use it in the lead up, but the Committee loves to mess us over

Also SDSU only won last night by 5 at home to a team I imagine is a Q3, Q2 at best. I would bet their NET and other metrics took a hit. In a sensible world, they are a team that cant just win games by a few points and still have a 1seed.

Watch out for them if they keep having close calls to bad teams, they will drop in value.

Also SDSU only won last night by 5 at home to a team I imagine is a Q3, Q2 at best. I would bet their NET and other metrics took a hit. In a sensible world, they are a team that cant just win games by a few points and still have a 1seed.

Watch out for them if they keep having close calls to bad teams, they will drop in value.

We will see, it makes sense but............................

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Cal will use it in the lead up, but the Committee loves to mess us over

If cal was worried about our seeding in any year he would make sure we take care of business in nov dec. also going back we’ve been a 1 seed only 3 times under cal. Unfortunately I don’t think he cares which is our first problem with being capable of winning a title in any year.

As for what we are now and our ceiling we will likely pick up a quad 1 win with UF handing it to LSU. Then we have 2 more games that could be quad 1 wins. Honestly at this point if we can win out the reg season cal should pack it in after our first sec game and limit our starters minutes. When we play an auburn or LSU in the second round he should try to win it by playing our bench big minutes. We are a thin team, the sec tourney title won’t do squat for us and we can’t afford to have to have another pj Washington situation with any of our starters. Win out reg season then let he chips fall where they may in regards to seeding without going overboard trying to win the sect. I think in this scenario we are a 3 seed at worst possibly a 2 depending on what other teams do. Also if I’m cal I make it known loud that I’m playing brooks juzang and sestina big minutes come the sec semifinals. Maybe that would help with selection committee and maybe some fans would stay home for sect and save their money for the NCAAt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT