ADVERTISEMENT

Cal & Pumpers told us this would be "the year" - Are you happy so far?

CROCAT

Freshman
Nov 20, 2018
This was supposed to be "the year", right? Cal's Superman class and his big comeback? Coaching the #1 ranked super frosh DJ Wagner? When things were going downhill last year, the pumpers pointed to this season, "you Bennies just wait", etc...

Well, let's take a look at how the things have been going:

No SEC regular season title ☑️
No SEC tournament title (matter fact, not even a single tournament win) ☑️
Another 10+ loss season ⏳
Not even close to the 1 seed for the ninth season in a row ☑️
Grand total of 0 weeks spent as a Top 5 ranked team ☑️
D̶o̶m̶i̶n̶a̶n̶t̶ Inconsistent performance against our rivals (KU, UNC, UT) ☑️
Swiss cheese defense ranked 108th in the nation ☑️

Are you happy with Cal's grandiose "comeback year"?

Last edited:
This was supposed to be "the year", right? Cal's Superman class and his big comeback? Coaching the #1 ranked super frosh DJ Wagner? When things were going downhill last year, the pumpers pointed to this season, "you Bennies just wait", etc...

Well, Cal mentioned on the post game show last night that this has been a "great year." The guy really is just a used car salesman but I'm not buying his BS. Double digit loss seasons with no trophies to put in the case are not great seasons.

I’m trying really really hard not to criticize Cal. I promised.

But it’s continually getting harder

I’m a fan that lives and dies with every game like most others on here. But while I put a heavy importance on the season, in college basketball there’s an incredibly disproportionate value on March Madness.

Using UK as the example and happiness: probably happy in 2011 and 14 but not happy the St Peter’s year even though they had a much better year. How this team will be remembered is coming up. From what we’ve seen all year expectations shouldn’t be that high but anything is possible.

Grand total of 0 weeks spent as a Top 5 ranked team ☑️

Considering Cal went back to what worked for him before, (#1 recruiting class) maybe that's why they are hanging on to hope for the team, and Cal to replicate. Because, his best teams were top freshman dominated. I believe we will see if they hang on if there is another NCAA tournament flame out.

I swear I think a lot of Cals lovers and family are on this board. Waiting to tell us we’re being negative for being critical of Cal.

Reactions: CROCAT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT