ADVERTISEMENT

All-time NBA teams

No way!!!
Bulls got Jordan & Pippen (who to me was overrated), and then a huge dropoff. I guess Gilmore is the C, but he was not in the NBA what he was in the ABA. After that it's guys like Bob Love, Theus, Kukoc, Deng. None of those are even as good as the Warriors 6th man Mullin.
Healthy Derrick Rose was league MVP. But somehow you are talking about Kukoc and Deng.

I think Houston's all time lineup "should" put them in the top10.

Harden (in his prime, remember) at the 2
McGrady at the 3
Hakeem at the 5.. are the easy ones.

For PG either Murphy or Steve Francis (I only mention Francis because Murphy was so far before my time, it's hard for me to judge).

For PF, you have Elvin Hayes.. and while Houston has a lot of great bigs, idk how well they work with Hakeem.

McGrady and Harden, in their primes and when healthy, are two of the most prolific scorers in NBA history.

Reactions: LukaszObrzut
I think Houston's all time lineup "should" put them in the top10.

Harden (in his prime, remember) at the 2
McGrady at the 3
Hakeem at the 5.. are the easy ones.

For PG either Murphy or Steve Francis (I only mention Francis because Murphy was so far before my time, it's hard for me to judge).

For PF, you have Elvin Hayes.. and while Houston has a lot of great bigs, idk how well they work with Hakeem.

McGrady and Harden, in their primes and when healthy, are two of the most prolific scorers in NBA history.
You could even put Harden at PG.
Moses and Hakeem are just too good to not be considered at the top

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
You could even put Harden at PG.
Moses and Hakeem are just too good to not be considered at the top

I was thinking that. I guess on one hand, we can just pick the 5 best, and that would include them. On the other hand, if you need to create a team, with the proper positions, you think has the BEST chance to win a title..

Then maybe you do go:

Harden to the #1.
T-Mac.
??
Elvin.
Hakeem.

I don't know if you can have another true big man in there, while moving Elvin to SF. But I also am not sure who I pick for SF either. Really, with the amount of scoring among those 4.. do I dare throw Queensbridge's Finest, Ron Artest at the 3, and utilize his defense? Do you shift McGrady up to the 3, and add a sniper like Vernon Maxwell for his game winners and ability to go at Jordan, better than most?

I guess it depends on the era. Mose and Hakeem would fair much better on the floor together in the 80's and 90s, then they would in today's game.

I don't mind BBFGA's logic here with his Bulls argument, but the Lakers have 3 or 4 of the top 10 players of all time at their disposal.

Kobe, Magic, Kareem, Shaq are all inner circle hall of famers. Jerry West isn't far behind. From there you can toss in any of a number of guys who were major contributors to LAL title teams like Worthy, Scott, and Gasol.

I can't find a good reason to pick against an all time LAL team vs any other possible iteration.

Your rules were not clear. Saying "who you got at top 5 teams" can mean who are the best players on the top 5 teams or which 5 teams have the best players. See the issue?
This
“Limitation, each player can only be linked to one team, so whichever team he played most games for (So LJ Cleveland, Shaq LA).”
is pretty clear. Even gave 2 examples.

Reactions: Clownforpres
This
“Limitation, each player can only be linked to one team, so whichever team he played most games for (So LJ Cleveland, Shaq LA).”
is pretty clear. Even gave 2 examples.

"Best all time NBA Roster of all time" is a lot different from "Best NBA team of all time."

I'd be inclined to take the 97 Bulls over most - but clearly that doesn't fit this narrative.

There are great conversations to be had here from 2 through at least 10, but the Lakers are miles ahead of the competition.

ADVERTISEMENT