ADVERTISEMENT

All-time NBA teams

JonathanW

All-American
Jan 3, 2003
If you built an all-time team for each franchise, who you got at top 5 teams, and starting 5 (+ 6th man) for each team. Obviously Celtics and Lakers, problem with these 2 is who do you cut.
Limitation, each player can only be linked to one team, so whichever team he played most games for (So LJ Cleveland, Shaq LA).

Dallas, which doesn't have a storied history, has an strong start w/ Doncic and Nowitzki. I thought they could add in Kidd, but he played 6 more games w/ the Nets.

1- Lakers (Magic, West, Kobe, Baylor, Shaq), 6th man Kareem
2- Celtics (Cousy, Havlicek, Bird, Cowens, Russell), 6th man Sam Jones or Pierce
3- Warriors (Curry, Thompson, Barry, Thurmond, Wilt), 6th man Chris Mullin
4 - ?
5 - ?

You're forgetting so many Dallas players. Mark Aguirre, Shawn Bradley, Rolando Blackmon, Derek Harper, Jason Terry, Steve Nash, Jamal f'n Mashburn, Sam Perkins.

Reactions: jimmybuffet123
If you built an all-time team for each franchise, who you got at top 5 teams, and starting 5 (+ 6th man) for each team. Obviously Celtics and Lakers, problem with these 2 is who do you cut.
Limitation, each player can only be linked to one team, so whichever team he played most games for (So LJ Cleveland, Shaq LA).

Dallas, which doesn't have a storied history, has an strong start w/ Doncic and Nowitzki. I thought they could add in Kidd, but he played 6 more games w/ the Nets.

1- Lakers (Magic, West, Kobe, Baylor, Shaq), 6th man Kareem
2- Celtics (Cousy, Havlicek, Bird, Cowens, Russell), 6th man Sam Jones or Pierce
3- Warriors (Curry, Thompson, Barry, Thurmond, Wilt), 6th man Chris Mullin
4 - ?
5 - ?
The Bulls should be 3rd followed by the Warriors and then the Spurs.

You're forgetting so many Dallas players. Mark Aguirre, Shawn Bradley, Rolando Blackmon, Derek Harper, Jason Terry, Steve Nash, Jamal f'n Mashburn, Sam Perkins.
I remembered Blackmon and Harper. I did forget Aguirre. To even list Bradley (lol lol lol). And I loved Mash, but he'd probably be 6th man. And Nash counts for Phoenix

The Bulls should be 3rd followed by the Warriors and then the Spurs.
No way!!!
Bulls got Jordan & Pippen (who to me was overrated), and then a huge dropoff. I guess Gilmore is the C, but he was not in the NBA what he was in the ABA. After that it's guys like Bob Love, Theus, Kukoc, Deng. None of those are even as good as the Warriors 6th man Mullin.

Jordan doesn’t really matter who else guy was a competitor and made everyone else around him better

No way!!!
Bulls got Jordan & Pippen (who to me was overrated), and then a huge dropoff. I guess Gilmore is the C, but he was not in the NBA what he was in the ABA. After that it's guys like Bob Love, Theus, Kukoc, Deng. None of those are even as good as the Warriors 6th man Mullin.
Um, the Bulls have the 3rd most titles. I guess you don't know Dennis Rodman or Oakley or even Kerr. I guess it depends on the how you define the top 5 teams. It's all about titles to me.

Um, the Bulls have the 3rd most titles. I guess you don't know Dennis Rodman or Oakley or even Kerr. I guess it depends on the how you define the top 5 teams. It's all about titles to me.
Read the rules!

Rodman was a Piston more.
Oakley was a Knick much more.
And Kerr never average even 9 ppg in a season. And you want to compare him to guys like Chris Mullin and Mark Aguirre! I don’t recall Kerr being considered for the Dream Team.

This thread has nothing to do with titles, or which franchise has had the best teams, it is about which franchise has had the best players. Try reading comprehension.

No way!!!

Peak Derrick Rose was league MVP and has to make their all time roster.

This was an interesting thread that went off the rails. How about the Knicks? People sleep on the Knicks.

PG: Walt Frazier
SG: Earl Monroe
C: Patrick Ewing
SF: Bernard King
PF: Charles Oakley

I like my team.

Edit for 6th man: Immanuel Quickley

Last edited:
Kerr was never even a starter. The notion that he should be in consideration for their all-time team is ludicrous. And Oakley only played his first three seasons with the Bulls, he’s far better known for his Knicks career. Rodman likewise only played three seasons with the bulls (albeit three great seasons).

Fwiw, a couple Bulls names that are worthy of mention are Jerry Sloan and Norm Van Lier, great 60s and 70s players with long Bull careers who are largely forgotten now.

Last edited:
Read the rules!

Rodman was a Piston more.
Oakley was a Knick much more.
And Kerr never average even 9 ppg in a season. And you want to compare him to guys like Chris Mullin and Mark Aguirre! I don’t recall Kerr being considered for the Dream Team.

This thread has nothing to do with titles, or which franchise has had the best teams, it is about which franchise has had the best players. Try reading comprehension.
Your rules were not clear. Saying "who you got at top 5 teams" can mean who are the best players on the top 5 teams or which 5 teams have the best players. See the issue?

Reactions: Clownforpres
Kerr was never even a starter. The notion that he should be in consideration for their all-time team is ludicrous. And Oakley only played his first three seasons with the Bulls, he’s far better known for his Knicks career. Rodman likewise only played three seasons with the bulls (albeit three great seasons).

Fwiw, a couple Bulls names that are worthy of mention are Jerry Sloan Norm Van Lier, great 60s and 70s players with long Bull careers who are largely forgotten now.
I was simply making a point, Kerr was an important cog for many years with a crazy 3pt %. He does have 5 rings, 3 with the bulls but I understand your statement.

Your rules were not clear. Saying "who you got at top 5 teams" can mean who are the best players on the top 5 teams or which 5 teams have the best players. See the issue?
Yeah, the rules are muddy. Apparently, said player also has to have spent most of career on the team he's listed on. For example, I wanted to put Carmelo on my Knicks team but he spent more time as a Nugget so no Carmelo for me.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Yes, that is a real head scratcher to me. Here is my all-time all NBA team (all teams considered).

Jordan
Wilt
Kareem
Lebron
Steph Curry

I'm not sure Shaq would make it until about 5th team all-time. Wilt was almost as big as Shaq, and a far superior athlete.

shaq would’ve scored on him, but would’ve had no chance on defense. a modern whistle would make no difference. he’d just shoot right over him.

Yes, that is a real head scratcher to me. Here is my all-time all NBA team (all teams considered).

Jordan
Wilt
Kareem
Lebron
Steph Curry

I'm not sure Shaq would make it until about 5th team all-time. Wilt was almost as big as Shaq, and a far superior athlete.

Wilt was 240lbs if I remember correctly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT