ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp Rafters NBA Legends GM Draft Round 10 Aike OTC

OK, it’s been over 15 hours since the last pick so here goes.

For the 12th spot on a roster full of all time greats, I don’t really need anything. But what I’m missing is smallish backup point guard.

Give me a 9 time All Star. A quick, defensive-minded setup man. A coach on the floor. Give me a member of the original top 50 NBA players of all time list from 1996.

For my 12th and final pick, I’ll take Lenny Wilkins.
I think you meant Wilkens. I considered him as my backup PG almost pulled the trigger too. He was also an All-Star Game MVP once for whatever that’s worth.

Reactions: Aike
I think you meant Wilkens. I considered him as my backup PG almost pulled the trigger too. He was also an All-Star Game MVP once for whatever that’s worth.

I did. Thank you. Awfully good player this late in the game.

OK, it’s been over 15 hours since the last pick so here goes.

For the 12th spot on a roster full of all time greats, I don’t really need anything. But what I’m missing is smallish backup point guard.

Give me a 9 time All Star. A quick, defensive-minded setup man. A coach on the floor. Give me a member of the original top 50 NBA players of all time list from 1996.

For my 12th and final pick, I’ll take Lenny Wilkens.
Am I up?

If we get all the way through the draft order with teams still missing their picks, do we want to fill in the rosters for them?

Fennis Dembo still needs a home.

Reactions: jwhite123
Was waiting on that Wilkens pick once I took Mo Cheeks.

I almost took someone else, but Wilkens was too good to pass up. It’s funny all the forgotten greats you run across doing this stuff.

Last edited:
Give me another top 35 all time scorer. More points than guys like Durant, George Gervin, McGrady and countless others.

A combo guard who keeps my lineup flexible. 10x all star, 20-5-4 for his career, give me Hal Greer.

So has everyone picked and we are ready to start the matchups or what? Seems like we’ve lost order here lol

If someone wants to randomize the matchups they can, or I'll do it tomorrow morning.

Either way, i think we should start the threads tomorrow morning and let them run 24 hours like usual.

I tore a piece of paper into fourteen little pieces (and still had one big chunk left because I'm terrible with crafts), wrote numbers 1-14 on the pieces, put the pieces in a (blue) bag, shook up the bag and drew numbers out.

The number I drew first is matched up with the number I drew second, and I put those off to the side, then repeated the process 7 times. I don't know of a better way to do this. Here are the number pairings.

8, 12

3, 14

6, 7

2, 11

10, 1

9, 5

4, 13

Reactions: Aike
To put names to that, here are the first round matchups. One of you start a public poll, let it run for 24 hours, and at the end of the 24 hours the team with the most votes advances.

@nickhorvathsuxazz vs. @jwhite123

@BigBlueFanGA vs. @LukaszObrzut

@hotelblue vs @drcats2013

@GonzoCat90 vs @gossie21

@miracle7s vs @Nkycatfan17

@UKNorse vs @Cowtown Cat

@Aike vs @Pizza Slice

Round 2 will be seeded with the team winning by the largest margin facing the team that wins by the smallest margin and so on.

I also just realized that creates an odd number of teams. How would you all feel about giving the team that wins by the most a bye and then seeding the other teams?

Anyone have a better idea? I'm open to whatever. Maybe the team that loses by the smallest margin/with the most votes advances to the next round and plays the top seed?

To put names to that, here are the first round matchups. One of you start a public poll, let it run for 24 hours, and at the end of the 24 hours the team with the most votes advances.

@GonzoCat90 vs @gossie21

@UKNorse vs @Cowtown Cat

@Aike vs @Pizza Slice

Round 2 will be seeded with the team winning by the largest margin facing the team that wins by the smallest margin and so on.

I also just realized that creates an odd number of teams. How would you all feel about giving the team that wins by the most a bye and then seeding the other teams?

Anyone have a better idea? I'm open to whatever. Maybe the team that loses by the smallest margin/with the most votes advances to the next round and plays the top seed?
Given the odd number someone has to have a bye. It should probably go to whoever picked Kareem since they're the automatic winner anyway. If we don't use that method then, yes, the largest winning margin would work.

The other option is giving the highest vote getting loser a pass into the second round.

Or we could have a battle-royal with all 7 losers the highest vote getter is resurrected.

I like these options better than a 2nd round bye.

Reactions: drcats2013 and Aike
The other option is giving the highest vote getting loser a pass into the second round.

Or we could have a battle-royal with all 7 losers the highest vote getter is resurrected.

I like these options better than a 2nd round bye.
Interesting. I like that better, the highest vote total of the losers. Good suggestion Gossie.

@GonzoCat90 vs @gossie21

@UKNorse vs @Cowtown Cat

@Aike vs @Pizza Slice

Oh the fireworks, Gonzo and Gossie in round 1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT