ADVERTISEMENT

Rupp Rafters NBA Legends GM Draft Round 10 Aike OTC

How about for 2nd round games, we go one per day. I didn't get enough computer time to do much more than vote for games other than my own for the first round.

How about for 2nd round games, we go one per day. I didn't get enough computer time to do much more than vote for games other than my own for the first round.

Are we doing a 7-team Battle Royale to decide the 8th team or what did we decide there?

Reactions: Aike
I like the battle royale. The original matchups weren’t necessarily even, so this gives everyone at least one chance at a do-over.

When the winners of round one lose this round should we give them a do over?

Give the team who fared the best as a loser a shot at a better matchup. Throwing everyone into the pot is just going to cluster things up.

When the winners of round one lose this round should we give them a do over?

Give the team who fared the best as a loser a shot at a better matchup. Throwing everyone into the pot is just going to cluster things up.

I disagree, but I don’t think the world will end either way.

The original match ups, number of votes, etc., are in no way scientific.

Gossie is convinced he had a top 3 team but got a bad matchup. He still got 26 votes.

BBFG also got 26 votes but it ended in a tie. How about if we let those two duke it out for 8th place?

Edit: I forgot to respond to your original question. Of course the battle royale idea was only to lock in the 8th team.

Clearly there will be no need for do-overs as the field narrows to 4/2/1. Unless you wanna go round robin? I’ve got all summer.

Reactions: gossie21
I disagree, but I don’t think the world will end either way.

The original match ups, number of votes, etc., are in no way scientific.

Gossie is convinced he had a top 3 team but got a bad matchup. He still got 26 votes.

BBFG also got 26 votes but it ended in a tie. How about if we let those two duke it out for 8th place?

Edit: I forgot to respond to your original question. Of course the battle royale idea was only to lock in the 8th team.

Clearly there will be no need for do-overs as the field narrows to 4/2/1. Unless you wanna go round robin? I’ve got all summer.

I just think the idea of trying to be fair and give an extra chance to all the teams who already lost is kind of pointless.

There's also the reality that a lot of those votes are going to overlap and therefore be split. What's the plan when there's a four way tie of 7 votes for who moves on?

I just think the idea of trying to be fair and give an extra chance to all the teams who already lost is kind of pointless.

There's also the reality that a lot of those votes are going to overlap and therefore be split. What's the plan when there's a four way tie of 7 votes for who moves on?

Ok, I’m sold. Let’s just give a bye to whoever had the best first round and call it a day.

Ok, I’m sold. Let’s just give a bye to whoever had the best first round and call it a day.

Sadly, we have to solve a different issue instead.

Also, where were you guys when we started this thing with 14 teams and none of you pointed out to mathematically challenged me that that wouldn't break down evenly throughout?

Also, where were you guys when we started this thing with 14 teams and none of you pointed out to mathematically challenged me that that wouldn't break down evenly throughout?

I thought maybe it was your favorite number or something. MKG fan?

Best first round is a bit subjective. Gonzo, you are the Adam Silver here. You make the call how you want to move this thing forward.

My suggestion is that we have a quick poll between BBFinGa and myself since we seem to be the only two interested in moving forward. But if you go in a different direction I will respect that.

Best first round is a bit subjective. Gonzo, you are the Adam Silver here. You make the call how you want to move this thing forward.

My suggestion is that we have a quick poll between BBFinGa and myself since we seem to be the only two interested in moving forward. But if you go in a different direction I will respect that.

I'd like this to be a bit more democratic. If everyone but me likes the battle royale idea, go with that. My opinion doesn't count for any more than anyone else's.

Didn't three people get 26 votes and lose? Or I guess technically two of them tied. Just take the highest vote getters and let people choose between those three.

That makes the most sense to me. The most popular losing teams are most likely to garner votes in the loser bracket.

But I'm cool with whatever. The battle royale thread would be the most fun and chaotic. And that's what this is really about at its core. It's just harder to do with the format because there isn't really a matchup to argue.

I'd like this to be a bit more democratic. If everyone but me likes the battle royale idea, go with that. My opinion doesn't count for any more than anyone else's.

Didn't three people get 26 votes and lose? Or I guess technically two of them tied. Just take the highest vote getters and let people choose between those three.

That makes the most sense to me. The most popular losing teams are most likely to garner votes in the loser bracket.

But I'm cool with whatever. The battle royale thread would be the most fun and chaotic. And that's what this is really about at its core. It's just harder to do with the format because there isn't really a matchup to argue.
The problem is that we only have 5 people weighing in. Only BBFG and I seem to be interested in continuing this process and we were both the highest vote-getting losers with 26 a piece. To be fair, I was the only 26 vote-getting loser, he technically tied.

Reactions: Aike
Tag the others and give them until tonight whenever you call it quits to respond. Wherever it stands in the morning, fire it up.

Reactions: gossie21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT