ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama at #8 in Kenpom at 7-5 tells me that KP needs to go the way of the RPI

KenPom almost never gets it right.

It’s just a bunch of jumbled numbers by someone that never played.

Don’t believe it? Bet the way KenPom calls it.

Just don’t bet what you can’t afford to lose.

Reactions: grevey35
They played 3 top 10 ranked teams in row and was in every game up to the last minutes. They will be ranked by the end of the year

At this point in the year Kenpom still uses data from last year, so that’s one reason they may be so high.

People get a little too worked up about this. KenPom isn’t supposed to function the same as an AP poll rewarding wins and losses. It’s an efficiency metric that can be useful in projecting teams going forward. Alabama doesn’t seem to be as good as last year so far because their defense is suspect, but they’ve put up some formidable offensive performances that kept them in the game late against elite teams. It doesn’t seem too hard to believe that they could look better in conference play than their record would lead you to believe.

Not saying where they should be ranked, but I am saying that every time I’ve watched them this year, I came away unimpressed. They may kick our asses, but they just don’t look that formidable to me.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Sometimes other things are a better predictor of future success than just record.

Most can see this when some crap mid major is like 101-1 but for some reason the same people can't see this when a team is say 7-5.

As with all of this stuff is it possible they aren't a top 10 team? Yeah sure.

But I wouldn't completely dismiss it either.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT