ADVERTISEMENT

8 years since Kentucky has been a 1 seed

Considering we have only been a 1 seed 9 times in 36 years and Cal has been 3 times in the since 2010, he is actually doing better than our history...
Cal was awesome his first 6 years here.

Longest streak in the history of the program without a 1 seed. Both those things are true.

Also, your math is wrong. We average one every 4 years. I doubt you actually did any math, though. Cal’s average has now slipped to 1 every 4.6 years. And counting.

Edit: your math is actually way off. We had 7 1 seeds in 25 years before Cal got here. That’s one every 3.5 years. He’s now averaging one every 4.6 years. So no, not even close to better than our history. Fail.

Guess @Oboro3 just won’t reply to this one.

Last edited:
To be fair the year basketball was stopped for Covid Kentucky could have gotten a 1 seed. So you can't say it's been 8 years

• Haha
Reactions: Girthang
I think the absolute screwing we got in 2017 did that more.

I'm still pissed about that, maybe even more than 2015.

Not defending Cal at all, but I at least get it. 2015 kicks you in the crotch. It hurts, you lay there a second, but you're like, "Ok, we can go again...." Then the 2017 screwing was like getting kicked in the stomach, and then ground pounded, all while a cop watches and goes, "So?"

I completely get how that would destroy any drive. But damn, step aside at that point.
Some bad calls in that game yes, but a couple of months earlier it was a great OT game that either team could have won. Not like losing that game was like losing to St. Peters.

2015 would have gotten Cal 3 lifetime contracts, and all the FU's to anybody on the planet. When he didn't get that, it changed everything. He has not been the same.

UK, KU, Duke and UNC had not been more than 4 years without a 1 seed since before the 80's at least. Until Cal started it with UK . so 2 for duke is right where it should be for once every 4 years. but 8........ and no final fours meaning we're not top of the elite in either the regular season or post season for 8 years and that proves we are falling as a program.

If you love UK, you have to know we are sliding like UCLA and Indiana .. There is so much money involved that media members dont want to lose money being truthful about UK and they make more money pumping you full of sunshine and hopes of the next year but the truth is, apathy has set in for many , and Cal just wont do what it takes to get back to being elite and he's an enemy to too many refs and ncaa.. Barnhart and Cal need to go next year if that team doesnt make a final four, we waste more time than that and we'll have proved we learned nothing from watching IU's demise.

I see the #'s in the link, but I know my memory can't be that bad. That we were ranked in the top 8 for the last month of the season, and won the SEC by 3 games (huge amount). There is NO WAY, had we also won the SEC-T that 3 mid-majors and 3 Big East schools would have been ahead of us.

But maybe a 1 was out of reach, but I still think we would have gotten another 2, at worst a 3.
The SEC was awful that year. Auburn was the only other decent team. Cal can't feast on a weak SEC anymore. He's actually gonna have to coach.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Always get a kick out of the people that say we could have gotten a 1 seed in 2020.

No, we absolutely could not have. Our ceiling was a 2 seed with a good performance in the SEC tournament and that’s not a sure thing.
The 2020 team had just lost on senior night to a sub-.500 UT team and had to beat a mediocre UF team on a last second tip in the last game of the year. Plus Hagans was a total headcase and quit the team after the UT game because he and Richards got into it.

That team was going nowhere.

Cal was awesome his first 6 years here.

Longest streak in the history of the program without a 1 seed. Both those things are true.

Also, your math is wrong. We average one every 4 years. I doubt you actually did any math, though. Cal’s average has now slipped to 1 every 4.6 years. And counting.

Edit: your math is actually way off. We had 7 1 seeds in 25 years before Cal got here. That’s one every 3.5 years. He’s now averaging one every 4.6 years. So no, not even close to better than our history. Fail.

Guess @Oboro3 just won’t reply to this one.
@Oboro3 , no comment on this whiff?

You got some posters on here that still defend Cal.
And yet the negative Nancy's never provide a replacement for him. It provides us some comic relief when their "replacement" coach ends up getting fired for something or grossly underperforming. Let's see who they come up with this time...🤣

Reactions: awf
And yet the negative Nancy's never provide a replacement for him. It provides us some comic relief when their "replacement" coach ends up getting fired for something or grossly underperforming. Let's see who they come up with this time...🤣
Why is what I said so negative?

🤦‍♂️

Imagine if Alabama’s football coach went 8 years without finishing top 4. He’d be sent into exile.

Meanwhile we give our clown coach a lifetime deal.
Much different sport however. It would be incredible if basketball players had to stay 3 years

We are so far from a 1 seed. We will never see a 1 seed based on how Cal and the way he handles a roster. He doesn't want to go 2 deep at each position.
For the record, which team was the last #1 seed? The 2015 version?

Reactions: STL_Cat
Refresh my memory, did Sharpe turn Cal down about going into a game? I don't read everything, but was Sharpe simply not going to step on the court?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT