ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Basketball as we know it is FINISHED. I mean OVER. It's DONE. Get a grip on that.

I knew it was over even after the Auburn game. Didn’t post because a lot of folks were happy. All of a sudden- we might win the SEC, move up to a 3 seed. My ass- knew it was a one off.
100 percent facts. I felt the same. Pumpers were rolling out feeling swaggy like Cal. WHOS READY TO EAT CROW! LOL Cal is like a dump truck with no back tires. Barreling into the junkyard at 100mph.

You are the type of fan that will be saying the same thing in five years.
Saying what? Yes the last 4 years have sucked, it's unacceptable, Cal should have been fired a year ago at least. But do you just think everyone who isn't in utter despair is an idiot? You're not a true fan unless you think our best days as a program are behind us and never coming back?

There's an ocean between "we have major problems" and "the program is finished." The former is common sense. The latter is an emotional outburst.
An ocean? No, those two statements are very close together. MAJOR problems means this program is in real danger, and it is. Look at the last 5 years. We're about to become Indiana. That's a crash and burn.

We are 8-5 and in SIXTH place in the SEC. We blew a fifteen point lead in six minutes to a 13-12 team.

John Calipari has DESTROYED Kentucky basketball. DESTROYED it. We are done as a basketball program. Kentucky basketball as we know it is finished.
Been gone for a few years. St. Francis was no fluke. UNCW and Evansville were not flukes.

Been gone for a few years. St. Francis was no fluke. UNCW and Evansville were not flukes.

It was St. Peters, but yes.

The loss to Evansville was the real harbinger for me. At that point, Kentucky games had started to become a chore under Calipari. Been watching for 45 years and I had never had that feeling before.

I despise what he has allowed this program to sink to and it will never improve with him here. Enough is enough.

Kentucky Basketball is never over.
However, the Calipari era at UK is.
I started a thread with just that subject line after the 3rd straight home loss. Oh he's still collecting a fat check and sitting in the coach's seat but, he's done and it's over. Just a matter of how long it takes for the divorce to become official.

Kentucky Basketball is never over.
However, the Calipari era at UK is.
I started a thread with just that subject line after the 3rd straight home loss. Oh he's still collecting a fat check and sitting in the coach's seat but, he's done and it's over. Just a matter of how long it takes for the divorce to become official.

We are on the same page.

10+ losses coming soon! Can’t beat a lousy LSU team. WE HAVE THE MOST TALENTED PLAYERS IN THE COUNTRY AND WE CANT WIN! It’s time to move on Cal
This is the thing. It’s not that talented of a team except on paper.

JE has been just very average. DJ less than average. AB was just nothing more than a guy with 5 stars.

But that’s what Cal does You could never convince me he actually scouts and evaluates guys.

Just get those guys that others say can’t miss. JE was going to be the top guy in the draft??? What a joke.

Cal is lazy and arrogant. Besides not knowing anything about Xs and Os. Leave Cal.

We're about to become Indiana.
Indiana is Indiana because they can't hire the right coach, not because their program is "destroyed." You can't destroy a program like UK or Indiana with a few bad years. You do it by continually hiring the wrong coach time and time again. The right coach can right the ship in a single year with NIL and the transfer portal.

We saw this Cal do something similar his first year. Brough his entire recruiting class with him and we were relevant again in a month. It doesn't matter if Cal returns and we lose every game next year, if the next coach is the right hire we'll be back to the top of the college basketball landscape in a year. If it's the wrong hire we'll continue being what we are now or worse. But it has nothing to do with the program. It has everything to do with the coach.

The real scary thought is as it stands Mitch has to hire the next coach.

It ended April 4, 2015. Cal hasn't been the same since (save the 2017 season). And then since COVID it has been even worse.

It was a great first 6 years, a nice next 4-5 years, and then a miserable last 4 years.

Kentucky basketball is dead until Cal moves on.

We are 8-5 and in SIXTH place in the SEC. We blew a fifteen point lead in six minutes to a 13-12 team.

John Calipari has DESTROYED Kentucky basketball. DESTROYED it. We are done as a basketball program. Kentucky basketball as we know it is finished.
I agree completely. It's all talk from Cal. I wish there was a local reporter that would blast him wide open in front of everyone. Write articles too. Call for his firing. Print his record the last 3 years plus. His record against unranked teams, just this year. His record against ranked teams. Blast him full force.

QcVvyKH.png

Cal has neutered the Kentucky Basketball program and real Kentucky Basketball fans don't accept mediocrity that we are forced to watch these days. Only the Cal Boys who get off to wagging their fingers in UK fans faces from their morale high horse. All that said, Cal has ruined ever having high expectations for me again not because I am fine with the results but because of the nonstop horse shit losses that continuing to pile up. There were some highs early on in the Cal tenure but anymore it's filled with embarrassment hitting all-time low points. Count me as one that will never buy into the hype as long as CCC is still at Kentucky.

We are 6-6 in our last 12 games.

We blew a 15-point lead in six minutes tonight, and to a 13-12 team. We have had 2nd half leads in 7 of our 8 losses.

We have the highest 3-pt shooting percentage in the nation, yet we shoot at a sub-200 volume.

We have two projected lottery picks, and several guys that will play in the NBA...and yet we will likely be out of the Top-25 next Monday.

This is coaching malpractice, the guy is just sucking resources out of the program and enriching his family at Kentucky's expense.

We are 6-6 in our last 12 games.

We blew a 15-point lead in six minutes tonight, and to a 13-12 team. We have had 2nd half leads in 7 of our 8 losses.

We have the highest 3-pt shooting percentage in the nation, yet we shoot at a sub-200 volume.

We have two projected lottery picks, and several guys that will play in the NBA...and yet we will likely be out of the Top-25 next Monday.

This is coaching malpractice, the guy is just sucking resources out of the program and enriching his family at Kentucky's expense.
It's more than just coaching malpractice. It's malpractice by the athletic department and school administration. Cal is like the naughty kid in school whose parents do nothing to fix the behavior and the school just turns a blind eye. We are quickly approaching a decade of below standard performance and still seeing no changes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT