ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Basketball as we know it is FINISHED. I mean OVER. It's DONE. Get a grip on that.

We are 8-5 and in SIXTH place in the SEC. We blew a fifteen point lead in six minutes to a 13-12 team.

John Calipari has DESTROYED Kentucky basketball. DESTROYED it. We are done as a basketball program. Kentucky basketball as we know it is finished.
Correction it was 3 minutes

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Indiana is Indiana because they can't hire the right coach, not because their program is "destroyed." You can't destroy a program like UK or Indiana with a few bad years. You do it by continually hiring the wrong coach time and time again. The right coach can right the ship in a single year with NIL and the transfer portal.

We saw this Cal do something similar his first year. Brough his entire recruiting class with him and we were relevant again in a month. It doesn't matter if Cal returns and we lose every game next year, if the next coach is the right hire we'll be back to the top of the college basketball landscape in a year. If it's the wrong hire we'll continue being what we are now or worse. But it has nothing to do with the program. It has everything to do with the coach.

The real scary thought is as it stands Mitch has to hire the next coach.
Indiana is Indiana because the administration wanted to be the Harvard of the Midwest and refused to support the basketball program. I fear the same thing has happened in Lexington.

We are 8-5 and in SIXTH place in the SEC. We blew a fifteen point lead in six minutes to a 13-12 team.

John Calipari has DESTROYED Kentucky basketball. DESTROYED it. We are done as a basketball program. Kentucky basketball as we know it is finished.
They could have gotten beat like a drum. Kind of like No. 1 UConn. You know the supposed best team in the country right now.

We are 6-6 in our last 12 games.

We blew a 15-point lead in six minutes tonight, and to a 13-12 team. We have had 2nd half leads in 7 of our 8 losses.

We have the highest 3-pt shooting percentage in the nation, yet we shoot at a sub-200 volume.

We have two projected lottery picks, and several guys that will play in the NBA...and yet we will likely be out of the Top-25 next Monday.

This is coaching malpractice, the guy is just sucking resources out of the program and enriching his family at Kentucky's expense.
LSU being 13-12 is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is how any team plays in a given game. The record is irrelevant. The score always starts at 0-0.

• Haha
Reactions: ganner918
Kentucky games had started to become a chore under Calipari. Been watching for 45 years and I had never had that feeling before.

Okay we're all starting to sound like Pitino with the hyperbole. I remember years of people begging for Hall to leave and being so happy during Sutton's first year. I remember Sutton's last year, Tubby's last two years, and the two-year dumpster fire known as the Gillespie Era.

We survived those. We'll survive this.

LSU being 13-12 is irrelevant. The only thing that matters is how any team plays in a given game. The record is irrelevant. The score always starts at 0-0.
Thanks Captain Obvious. Let me guess, games aren't played on paper either? LOL

Okay we're all starting to sound like Pitino with the hyperbole. I remember years of people begging for Hall to leave and being so happy during Sutton's first year. I remember Sutton's last year, Tubby's last two years, and the two-year dumpster fire known as the Gillespie Era.

We survived those. We'll survive this.

lol, some of you will ride this program right into the dirt, making excuses all the way until it's dead and buried.

This needs to end.

You have issues dude. I never disagreed that Cal must be fired. I still think your OP was hysterical idiocy.

It's OK, I get it - you're a "yay sports" participation dude so not a big deal.

All-time wins? No big deal.
Champion's Classic? No big deal.
Home record? No big deal
Senior night? No big deal.
SEC Tourney? No big deal.
NCAA Tourney? No big deal.
Entire team gutted every year? No big deal.
Paying Cal 9 mil a year? No big deal.

Kentucky Basketball is in great shape! To suggest otherwise is 'hysterical idiocy'!

Take courage - the program is attracting more and more people with this mentality. Once we have enough people with this mentality we become Indiana.

Reactions: BobCat6
It's OK, I get it - you're a "yay sports" participation dude so not a big deal.

All-time wins? No big deal.
Champion's Classic? No big deal.
Home record? No big deal
Senior night? No big deal.
SEC Tourney? No big deal.
NCAA Tourney? No big deal.
Entire team gutted every year? No big deal.
Paying Cal 9 mil a year? No big deal.

Kentucky Basketball is in great shape! To suggest otherwise is 'hysterical idiocy'!

Take courage - the program is attracting more and more people with this mentality. Once we have enough people with this mentality we become Indiana.
wtf is your problem dude, Calipari sucks and I want him fired. You're directing your rage at the wrong people.

wtf is your problem dude, Calipari sucks and I want him fired. You're directing your rage at the wrong people.

It's fine dude I'm not enraged at you personally. We just disagree on how bad things are with Kentucky basketball.

I fully believe it is at a crossroads right now and could very well descend into years and years of irrelevance if the right steps are not taken very soon. This program is on the brink. I truly believe that.

I tried to tell you.
I think most of us could feel it too but we were holding onto that very last thread of hope. Hoping he could recreate that 2010-2015 magic that he used to be able to do. He did a lot of damage with last nights lost but the biggest victim of it all.....is our hope is gone. Once we lose hope, there is nothing left but change.

Reactions: cathead64
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT