ADVERTISEMENT

Bracket Matrix March 7th update

You don't think we can get to a 3 seed? We're just 3 spots behind.
A lot of the individual guys have us as the 13th overall seed.

So maybe only One spot away. Beat UT, Pull for Villanova to beat Creighton, and we could have it wrapped up so long as we win a game or 2 in the SECT.

I can’t see a 2 happening at this point. But a 3 feels attainable.

A lot of the individual guys have us as the 13th overall seed.

So maybe only One spot away. Beat UT, Pull for Villanova to beat Creighton, and we could have it wrapped up so long as we win a game or 2 in the SECT.

I can’t see a 2 happening at this point. But a 3 feels attainable.

Yeah I think a 2 would require a lot of improbable things to happen. It's too bad the SECTF doesn't count. Win that, along with Tenn, and we could be looking at a 2-seed. We'd add like 3-4 Quad1 wins.

Reactions: Cats192
We can beat those teams. Would like our chances vs. Purdue or Houston better than UCONN, personally.

Yeah, what a crock to say we can't beat them. Just decline the ncaa bid then.

I fully expect March madness and upsets galore again this season.

Reactions: Aike
You guys talk about beating UT at home playing for a 1 seed like it's a walk in the park,they beat the hell out of us at our place a few weeks ago. It would undoubtedly be the best win of the season if we did it. Dilly,Reeves and Sheppard will all 3 have to be on to do it. We lose we are a 4 seed. The committee is not going to give a 5 seed in the SEC tourney a3 in theirs just not happening. We have to win Saturday to improve peruod

Reactions: Ron Mehico
I’d always rather be a 6 seed over a 4 or 5.

The 2/3 seeds in this scenario are all winnable.

The teams that I believe Kentucky absolutely cannot beat are Houston, UConn and Purdue. Let’s stay away from them for as long as possible.
Kentucky beats Purdue by at least 10. Uconn and Houston are a different story.

You guys talk about beating UT at home playing for a 1 seed like it's a walk in the park,they beat the hell out of us at our place a few weeks ago. It would undoubtedly be the best win of the season if we did it. Dilly,Reeves and Sheppard will all 3 have to be on to do it. We lose we are a 4 seed. The committee is not going to give a 5 seed in the SEC tourney a3 in theirs just not happening. We have to win Saturday to improve peruod

They kind of didn't. They still allowed 90+ points. They had no answer for Dilly, we didn't have DJ for that game, Edwards was still a no-show, BigZ didn't play, Reed was still adjusting to the point.

This is NOT the same team that played them, over a month ago.

Oh and not to mention, we committed 24 fouls, 3 more than them, and they shot 26 free throws. What if they don't get that again?

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I’m not expecting a win.

But we are definitely in a better position now than we were last we faced them.

They still have a lot to play for. They are at home. It’s going to be awfully tough. They are better than Auburn and Alabama and we don’t IMO match up all that well with them

They kind of didn't. They still allowed 90+ points. They had no answer for Dilly, we didn't have DJ for that game, Edwards was still a no-show, BigZ didn't play, Reed was still adjusting to the point.

Oh and not to mention, we committed 24 fouls, 3 more than them, and they shot 26 free throws. What if they don't get that again?
Said it in another thread, I'll reiterate here: UK beats UT tomorrow. Along w/ the reasons you listed, I just get the feeling that the "psychology" of the game sets up for us to pull the upset.

I'd like to think the ACC is so weak that Duke should have to beat UNC to prove they are as good as their record says. Because if not, then that means UNC swept them and it really says that Duke hasn't beaten really anyone in over 2 months. I mean their last ranked team they played outside of UNC was Baylor.. December 20th lol.

I think Duke should have to win that game to be a 2 seed. They lose that it's a 3 seed or even a 4.
I definitely think that’s the case. Win and they’re in the heart of the 2 seed battle. Lose and they’re probably a 3. I think they’d need an early ACC Tourney exit to drop to a 4.

Ifs and buts, candy and nuts

Don't know that I trust the matrix today
We are 20th ranked in Net. Not just a 5, but the last one
The committee can deviate, I just don't know if they will that much if we lose to Tennessee. And a win on Thursday against Texas AM or whoever won't bring it back.
Also, matrix is sleeping on Gonzaga.
17th in Net and a win over us.

Gonzaga has been playing like a top 15 ish team for over a month now.

But unfortunately for them and some poor 2 or 3 seed they do not have the resume to justify anything higher than a 6 seed imo. They are 3-5 in q1 and 3-1 in Q2. There are just too many teams with much better overall bodies of work. We were their first quad 1 win. The others are @#18 st mary’s and @#64 San Francisco.

Even if they beat St Mary’s again they’re likely not getting better than a 6 seed.

This is when resumes don't always reflect the true talent of a team.

Gonzaga is ranked 19th in the polls.
They are ranked 15th in Kenpom.

So the humans think they are a top 20 team. The computers also think top 20 team.

Projected............7 seed.

LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT