ADVERTISEMENT

How did the Joey Brackets and Palm do vs bracket matrix ?

HenryMuto

All-American
Mar 31, 2012
Geneva, Ohio
Joey Brackets scored 336 pts (he had 67 out of 68 teams right) finished in 169th place

Jerry Palm scored 323 pts (66 out of 68 teams right) finished in 214th place not bad out of 227 people !

The winner scored 355 pts (67 teams right)

8 people got all 68 teams right (including 2nd place)

I scored 350 pts good for 8th place tie (I got 67 out 68 teams right) I am not on bracket matrix but I do these myself each year but I have to tell you ever since a million people started doing them it really isn't any fun anymore it was fun when it was early 2000's and it was just Joey, Palm and myself doing them and I was smacking Palm around year in and year out. I thought was impressive clearly not everyone does it now.

These are the 2 guys getting paid to do this haha

If I had trusted my gut and put Kentucky as a 3 (which would have put Auburn into a 4 for me) I would have finished with 354 pts and 2nd place.

This was the worst score ever on avg for bracket matrix avg score was 342 as the committee seeding was way off for the MWC and a few other teams that most everyone missed by 2 or 3 seed lines which kills your score.

Joey Brackets scored 336 pts (he had 67 out of 68 teams right) finished in 169th place

Jerry Palm scored 323 pts (66 out of 68 teams right) finished in 214th place not bad out of 227 people !

The winner scored 355 pts (67 teams right)

8 people got all 68 teams right (including 2nd place)

I scored 350 pts good for 8th place tie (I got 67 out 68 teams right) I am not on bracket matrix but I do these myself each year but I have to tell you ever since a million people started doing them it really isn't any fun anymore it was fun when it was early 2000's and it was just Joey, Palm and myself doing them and I was smacking Palm around year in and year out. I thought was impressive clearly not everyone does it now.

These are the 2 guys getting paid to do this haha

If I had trusted my gut and put Kentucky as a 3 (which would have put Auburn into a 4 for me) I would have finished with 354 pts and 2nd place.

This was the worst score ever on avg for bracket matrix avg score was 342 as the committee seeding was way off for the MWC and a few other teams that most everyone missed by 2 or 3 seed lines which kills your score.
Curious when you put your bracket together are you specifically trying to predict what the committee will do or are these the teams you truly believe deserve to be in the tournament?

I personally would like to see the teams that these bracketologists truly believe should make the tournament field and how the NCAA committee’s picks compares to that, rather than the other way around.

Curious when you put your bracket together are you specifically trying to predict what the committee will do or are these the teams you truly believe deserve to be in the tournament?

I personally would like to see the teams that these bracketologists truly believe should make the tournament field and how the NCAA committee’s picks compares to that, rather than the other way around.
Trying to predict when the committee will do for which teams make it and what seeds they get. Like I personally thought Kentucky should be a 3 seed but I didn't think the committee would do it so I gave them a 4.

There is a site I reference all the time called Hoops HD that actually does what you are saying they actually do this every Friday night from Jan on and then do their own committee over 4 days and post it as well on Selection Sunday. Not their guesses but what they would do if they were the committee.

HoopsHD Mock Committee

Posted on March 17, 2024 by Chad
Here it is! The Final HoopsHD Mock Committee Bracket!!!
Final-Bracket-Mock-Committee.jpg

The top four teams out were Colorado, Virginia Indiana State and Oklahoma.
BYU was a 5 seed but had to be moved down to a 6 for bracketing purposes.
The Texas A&M/Seton Hall game should have also been on the 10 line and Drake an 11 seed, but they had to be switched for bracketing purposes as well.

The guy I always post on here from Bracketville who I follow the most once again proves he knows what he is doing finished 5th place.

Reactions: BigKari
Mike DeCoursey sitting there at 54th like “I’m the best in the business!!”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT