ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Kansas falls 73-59 to Marquette and Self and Smart have words, it was glorious !

I'm actually going to do the unthinkable and cheer on Tenn today. While TN fans can eat a dick, them beating KU today helps us in the all time wins category and it also helps boost Tenn resume and we play them twice. It also won't hurt KU's resume that much. It just seems overall better for UK if Tenn wins.

I'm actually going to do the unthinkable and cheer on Tenn today. While TN fans can eat a dick, them beating KU today helps us on the all time wins category and it also helps boost Tenn resume and we play them twice. It also won't hurt KU's resume that much. It just seems overall better for UK if Tenn wins.
True

I'm actually going to do the unthinkable and cheer on Tenn today. While TN fans can eat a dick, them beating KU today helps us in the all time wins category and it also helps boost Tenn resume and we play them twice. It also won't hurt KU's resume that much. It just seems overall better for UK if Tenn wins.
Hate to have to agree with you on this one as I hate Tennessee as much as anyone on this board but, I gotta say - GO VOLS!!! - for this game too. Beat the Jayhawks and beat them good!

Next Time Chump GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
Po-wer Out-age! *Clap Clap ClapClapClap*
Po-wer Out-age! *Clap Clap ClapClapClap*

Yeah, I was always high on him at VCU. He kind of leveled out at Texas, but has done very well again at Marquette.
Yeah, I was surprised he didn't have more success at Texas. Thought for sure he'd have good success there but didn't really do all that much. How much of his success at Marquette is the players he inherited and how much his coaching?

Texas is just a hard place to win. Even though it’s a recruiting hotbed, they just don’t give a damn about basketball. Marquette is polar opposite… no football team, 100% hoops school, and with a solid history too.
I don't know about that. Every big Texas game I've watched on TV at their place has been extremely rowdy. Seems like they have plenty of passionate basketball fans. And Shaka got plenty of good recruits at Texas to go along with his coaching. Just never really translated to much success.

Yeah, I was surprised he didn't have more success at Texas. Thought for sure he'd have good success there but didn't really do all that much. How much of his success at Marquette is the players he inherited and how much his coaching?
Maybe a little of both. The two seasons prior to Smart they went 18-12 and 13-14. His first year they were 19-13 and last year jumped to 29-7. They now have an opportunity to beat both #1 and 2 in two days.

I was kind of surprised to see he is only 46, that VCU run seems so long ago haha.

I don't remember Hunter Dickinson being this much of a pansy b**ch at Michigan. His flopping is vintage Duke level bad.

This whole thing was apparently started from a KU player being mouthy to a Marquette player and then to Shaka Smart. We also saw a lot of them chirping at our boys in Chicago.

Starting to become clear that Kansas doesn't exactly have a high character locker room right now.

As for the game, only saw highlights, but Marquette looks really good defensively, and on certain nights they will play both ends pretty well, but doesn't look like a great shooting team.

I don't remember Hunter Dickinson being this much of a pansy b**ch at Michigan. His flopping is vintage Duke level bad.

This whole thing was apparently started from a KU player being mouthy to a Marquette player and then to Shaka Smart. We also saw a lot of them chirping at our boys in Chicago.

Starting to become clear that Kansas doesn't exactly have a high character locker room right now.
Oh, he was. It's all he knows.

Yeah, I was a little pissed we didn’t finish the job with all their talking. Got to love Dickinson acting like he was Shaq out there while playing against, basically, zero UK bigs. Really hope we get a rematch in March with two of our bigs.

As for the game, only saw highlights, but Marquette looks really good defensively, and on certain nights they will play both ends pretty well, but doesn't look like a great shooting team.
This. Thought we were slightly better on offense against KU but Marq was definitely better on defense. The best way to defeat big like Dickinson is to pressure the passers which they did very well.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Kansas is the real deal (even though I despise them). If you think they are pretenders, you have a flawed view of understanding college basketball. But So is Kentucky. We just have to integrate our big guys into a motion offense effectively when we get them back. Dickenhopeandpoke going off against us is a telling tale. Our big guys coming in can be a beautiful thing... or stagnate our motion. Our ceiling is very limited without them, in my opinion. There will be some growing pains...but our ceiling is VERY high. I look forward to seeing how we develop.

"Now"? Kansas has had high character locker rooms before?? Before Self maybe.

You mean like when Huckleberry Hound was coaching them? Oh wait, that’s where he first implemented the no-show class system he learned from Uncle Dean. Maybe when Larry Brown was coaching them? Nope, more probation then too. You practically have to go back to Phog Allen to find any class in that program.

But that’s what happens when you tout yourself as the birthplace of basketball and then barely win shit for 80 years. You get an inferiority complex and start having to cheat to compete. Very similar to what happened to Pitino at Louisville.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT