ADVERTISEMENT

I may have seen it all - ACL

Since Denver is experiencing typical weekend weather right now (much colder than even 24 hours ago, possible rain/sleet coming in and 40+ mph winds constantly), I've been inside most of the day. Clicking through the channels, on the CBS station, I paused. Unbelievably, there was the ACL being televised. What's the ACL, you ask? Why, it's the American Cornhole League. I kid you not.

A barely interesting pastime when drinking while waiting on some other activity to begin, is now a professional/team sport? Good Lord, I thought televising poker tournaments was about as stupid and ridiculous as it got. Sadly, I was wrong.

I cannot imagine who would be watching this. And, I cannot imagine an incentive that would entice me to purchase a ticket to watch in person. When I hear commentators talk about the dumbing down of America, I will think of the 5 seconds I wasted confirming that the ACL in fact exists.

Had a great time!!!

The parking situation was awful. Rupp Arena completely packed and I think many had to wait out in the corridor going around the arena exits. Just an awesome, awesome atmosphere. You can tell so many people were sick of the OAD and NBA culture Calipari had going here. Pope made sure to mention that under his watch the players will be about the name on the front of the jersey, that there won't be talk about the NBA, talk will be about college basketball. My husband had a great time, he was chanting Go Big Blue and smiling from ear to ear. This is his first time around BBN or Rupp Arena. Back in his highschool in England they had a rudimentary "basketball court", but he's never experienced anything like this :)

SEC Scores & thoughts:

-UK sweeps again: outright leaders of the SEC 14-1, ahead of Arky (12-2) and A&M (10-3).
-Arky & Bama split: Bama just walked them off in extras to split the first two games of the series in Tuscaloosa. Root for Bama.
-UT takes first two from LSU. LSU is toast and UT is still good.
-UGA wins the mizzou series 2-1. UGA is a tourney team, but not likely to host.
-USC wins first two in Gainesville. USC is a good team, above .500 in SEC, and competing to host a regional. UF is officially in trouble at 6-8 in the SEC, a ton of midweek losses and now losers of their last two SEC series.
-Miss state is up 1-0 on Ole miss. I'm rooting for Ole miss to strengthen our RPI
-A&M murdered Vandy yesterday and they're up 5-0 today. I feel confident that we will win the Vandy series at home.

At this point, Arky, A&M, UK, and UT are strong contenders to be top 8 national seeds. Just a matter of continuing to win and positioning. Vandy should also be a regional host. USC is in good shape to host a regional; bama, Georgia, and Miss state also have a shot to host regionals but have work to do.

Those 9 teams should get into the NCAA. Florida is on the bubble. Ole miss is outside of the bubble, but could squeeze in.

Auburn, LSU, and Mizzou are playing out the string. Honestly, Mizzou looks a lot better and a lot more competitive than LSU or auburn which is crazy to say.

I can handle losing, even though that should not happen much here, but what hurts me even worse than that is...

Our Basketball Coach here at The University of Kentucky has completely lost respect nationwide. Let me repeat that. OUR BASKETBALL COACH HERE AT THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY HAS COMPLETLY LOST RESPECT NATIONWIDE. We are being made fun of by all of the national pundits. The Oakland Coach and players had complete confidence going into the game with us. Their Coach said they got the best possible matchup possible. I can handle a lot of things but when you are not even respected at Kentucky, that is a day I never in my wildest dreams thought I would see.
I am just very sad over the state of our program today. Very sad.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT