ADVERTISEMENT

Jon Sumrall Watch

Oh, I agree on Brad White. It's not that he can't be successful, I just feel like we have the guy at Tulane who is Brad White but can recruit better, has the "it" factor and is a UK grad. I think we both agree that Sumrall is the right choice, but that doesn't mean that he will be more successful as a P4 HC than a current coordinator.
We agree a lot more than I initially thought. Basically summed up my thinking. I'm not sure it's a good thing for you though, normally being on the same wavelength as me is a bad thing!

Future Coach Rondo

Pope should reach out to him immediately and see if he would be interested some sort of position in the future. Everybody that has ever been around Rondo rave about his intelligence in the game of basketball from his coaches to players he played with calling him the smarest player they've ever been around throwing out quotes like" He's a savant he sees everything". Plus he would be a player magnet in recruting not only for new recruits but for players in the portal.
No coach in his right mind is going to bring the drama Rondo will bring into his program.
Reactions: ArtLaibsGhost

Kentucky leads the United States in sugar consumption

We’re on the same page. Except, that I think ultra processed foods, come with hidden costs of more doctor visits, medications and illness, due to high blood pressure, high inflammation, high blood sugar and more weight etc

If you’re not at your best or sick all the time, can you maximize your income??

Likely not. You’re robbing Peter to pay paul

Oh for sure. Eating healthy is 100% worth the cost in my opinion. I guess the problem with inflation these days, is that some families literally can only afford to eat processed. Or, at least, to remove some of these cheap processed foods entirely.

Western NC in need of help!!!

I used to give blood to the RC every 8 weeks. I no longer do that because one of their people that treated me like a criminal because of the prescription drugs I'm on. NO ONE there ever questioned it before except that person. She read me the riot act for trying to give blood. I got up, asked who her supervisor was and their contact information. Despite apologizes from the RC, I haven't been back.
Try Blood Connection then for your bi-monthly donations.
Reactions: *CatinIL*

Jon Sumrall Watch

Not at all. And I didn't say they had to come from the G5. It's just my belief that if you're an SEC program you don't have to take a flier on a Brad White type. At least not at UK now. Post Joker (assistant fail, btw) sure, but Stoops (assistant win, btw) has elevated the program beyond that. Nothing is guaranteed, but there are measures from experiences that can certainly manage the risk.
Oh, I agree on Brad White. It's not that he can't be successful, I just feel like we have the guy at Tulane who is Brad White but can recruit better, has the "it" factor and is a UK grad. I think we both agree that Sumrall is the right choice, but that doesn't mean that he will be more successful as a P4 HC than a current coordinator.

Rupp Rafters UK Basketball Draft (Complete)

Looking at the rosters after 6 rounds, currently I like #4 the best. But several are close, so that could change.

giphy.gif

Seriously though, I feel like every person has done an incredible job of building their rosters. It is going to be really interesting to see how people shape their bench and the role players they choose.

UK MMB is holding a televised pro day: SEC Network+ Monday, October 7 | 6:00 PM

1) There’s a difference between having a Pro Day (like Pope is doing) and having a Pro Day while also gearing your entire program around getting kids into the NBA (like Cal did/does)

2) Every top major D-1 program has a Pro Day

3) Pro Day is basically just another day of practice…but with NBA scouts present. Added bonus…it helps the players deal with pressure situations when all eyes are on them

4) Detractors in this thread need to catch up with the times. Even High School teams now have what is essentially “Pro Days” where college coaches visit their HS team practices during the preseason. It’s called the “evaluation period”. The college coaches can’t talk directly to the athletes or their parents…but they can talk to the HS coaches & they can evaluate the players during their HS practice.

Pro Day in college is basically the same thing…except top teams like UK can schedule one day where a bunch of NBA scouts come in to watch the players.

5) Pro Day is a huge recruiting tool if you attract the number of scouts that UK does. Would be dumb stop it. It would be recruiting suicide.

6) Hosting a Pro Day changes nothing. I guarantee you that Pope’s focus is still on hanging a banner & his players will follow his lead.

#15 Louisville falls at home to SMU 34-27 ( Overrated as usual )

Some dude named Mayoman, said UL needs to reassert their dominance in this series, lol.
What dominance is the guy talking about?
Meetings total35
All-time seriesKentucky 20-15*
Largest victoryKentucky, 73–0 (1922)
Longest win streakKentucky, 7 (1912–1994)
Current win streakKentucky, 2* (2022–present)
Current unbeaten streakKentucky, 5* (2018-present)

Jon Sumrall Watch

I said SEC. And comparing Kirby to Brad White is pretty funny. Most. Recent. I'll wait if you want to have a real conversation about it. Hell, give me the last 10 years of SEC coaching hires that were assistants. Don't just cherry-pick what you think are good examples. Throw them all out there.

I will agree though, there's no exact science to it. But a proven track record as a head coach is a darned good indicator.
Alright, here we go. Last 10 years (2015 on), guys that were hired in the SEC::

Coordinators/Assistants (5 active, 5 fired)
Georgia - Kirby Smart
Mizzou - Barry Odom
Ole Miss - Matt Luke
MSU - Joe Morehead
UT - Jeremy Pruitt
Arkansas - Sam Pittman
USC - Shane Beamer
Vandy - Clark Lea
MSU - Zach Arnett
MSU - Jeff Lebby

Former P5 HC (5 active, 4 fired, 1 death)
USC - Will Muschamp
LSU - Ed Orgeron
Florida - Dan Mullen
Texas A&M - Jimbo Fisher
Ole Miss - Lane Kiffin
MSU - Mike Leach
LSU - Brian Kelly
Auburn - Hugh Freeze
Texas A&M - Mike Elko
Alabama - Kalen DeBoer

Former G5 HC (3 active, 2 fired)
Arkansas - Chad Morris