ADVERTISEMENT

UL vs UK this season

i think youll find most of us feel that urban has unfair "clean" image and his moniker or "urban liar" in the south has never been disputed on this board.
Urban Meyer hasn't fallen off any motor scooters with girls on board, or jumped any women in restaurants. But he had to leave Utah because of women, and there were bimbo rumors at Florida too. As for compliance with rules, I would not bet my money on anyone associated with Ohio State. That program has been flirting with big NCAA trouble for a long time, under multiple coaches.

You answered what I was getting at...was wondering if they were Coached Up by their Positon Coaches and if the UGA Secondary Coach had health issues that could explain Wiggins and with Pruitt now running the Defense and Coaching the Secondary very well he didn't fit what he wants to run...on Wiggins for me it is wait and see...he as you know missed most of the Spring due to injury.

Like I said, JHC wasn't in trouble all the time, never arrested, he had some other issues that were not acceptable at UGA. I can't really say if our secondary coach missed any days or missed 2 a week, it was never said what the issue was other than a serious health issue. But I am not sure it would have made any difference with Wiggins, he wasn't open to being coached up, and seemed to bring it to UofL with him by getting sent off the practice field the first week of spring practice. I would be surprised if he helps you, not the case with JHC, he should be a big contributer, but he mostly played nickle back with us, will be interesting to see how he does as a S, could be his position.

Like I said, JHC wasn't in trouble all the time, never arrested, he had some other issues that were not acceptable at UGA. I can't really say if our secondary coach missed any days or missed 2 a week, it was never said what the issue was other than a serious health issue. But I am not sure it would have made any difference with Wiggins, he wasn't open to being coached up, and seemed to bring it to UofL with him by getting sent off the practice field the first week of spring practice. I would be surprised if he helps you, not the case with JHC, he should be a big contributer, but he mostly played nickle back with us, will be interesting to see how he does as a S, could be his position.
Grumpy, I appreciate your input regarding Wiggins and JHC. In regards to Wiggins, cockiness is part of many that play that position. To actually start at Georgia as a true freshman is a statement in it's self. While he might have not been the answer, he was still a true freshman. Would you not agree that there is a chance the kid could improve with age and hopefully some maturity? It's funny how so many have commented that UK will take a big jump this year simply because they will be a year older, yet the same does not apply here?

Grumpy, I appreciate your input regarding Wiggins and JHC. In regards to Wiggins, cockiness is part of many that play that position. To actually start at Georgia as a true freshman is a statement in it's self. While he might have not been the answer, he was still a true freshman. Would you not agree that there is a chance the kid could improve with age and hopefully some maturity? It's funny how so many have commented that UK will take a big jump this year simply because they will be a year older, yet the same does not apply here?

There is a big difference between being cocky and not being willing to be coached. Evidently this kid thinks he knows better than the coaches. IMO that is not the type cockiness that I would want in my players. The kid had problems along this line at Georgia and has already exhibited this type behavior at UofL. IMO this is not a good sign for the future with this player. He might just decide that he wants to play man because it suits his personality better when the coaches have called for a zone. The secondary is not a place for this type of free lancing. If you do not play your assignment your team is likely to get burned.

Reactions: mwatson61
I would think ul fans would be disappointed that after all this time of getting major talent transferring in whether through past criminal activity or whatever reason. That you all have not won a National Championship, I mean you guys just reload every year when the season is over and wait for dismissals from other Universities and build talented teams....why no NC?

You can ask the same with Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, Oregon etc...etc..,but in the mean time we are happy with 3 Straight Final Top 25 Finishes in All Polls and 32 and 7 Record in that timeframe.

You can ask the same with Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, Oregon etc...etc..,but in the mean time we are happy with 3 Straight Final Top 25 Finishes in All Polls and 32 and 7 Record in that timeframe.
Taking the easy way out of answering the question is ok I guess.

For example I'm very disappointed that we didn't win the NCAA basketball title this year. We had a fantastic season one I will always remember...but doesn't take away that we didn't finish with a Title with such great talent...very disappointing

Taking the easy way out of answering the question is ok I guess.

For example I'm very disappointed that we didn't win the NCAA basketball title this year. We had a fantastic season one I will always remember...but doesn't take away that we didn't finish with a Title with such great talent...very disappointing

No...not disappointed at all...just realize how hard it is to win a Title especially since our highest ranked Recruiting Class ever was 29th in 2011-(and out of the 10 NFL Draftees only 2 were 4* the other 8 were 3* Players)...meanwhile schools like Texas, Oregon, Florida, Southern Cal, Michigan, Miami, Oklahoma etc...etc...had much more and higher rated talent come in the past 5 years and they haven't won a title either...as for Basketball the Wildcats for the past 7 years usually had the highest ranked Recruiting Classes.

Of course UL fans are happy, because winning is all that matters. Doesn't matter that you are running one of the most classless programs out there with one of if not THE sleaziest coaches in football. UK will be back to winning shortly and we'll do it with a first class program and coach. We won't need to take felons in or hide our players/coaches misdeeds from the media.

Thanks, surprised that there aren't more, but I do think I remember Auburn stealing one of your Georgia transfers. And who is the third Georgia transfer mentioned in Steelers article above:

"Background: From Georgia to Louisville
The skinny: Wiggins is the first of three Louisville players on this list -- and also one of three Louisville players on this list who had "issues" at a previous program.

Jauk we know this. You've only brought it up about a million times.

Of course UL fans are happy, because winning is all that matters. Doesn't matter that you are running one of the most classless programs out there with one of if not THE sleaziest coaches in football. UK will be back to winning shortly and we'll do it with a first class program and coach. We won't need to take felons in or hide our players/coaches misdeeds from the media.
I would be careful with this argument, because winning is absolutely all that matters to some of our fans too. Don't forget that lots of our fans, whether willing to admit it or not, wanted Petrino when Mitch hired Stoops. Fortunately, Mitch and our University leaders have much higher standards and more wisdom. At the end of the day, Kentucky is a program under a lot of scrutiny, whereas Louisville is not. Louisville can get away with lots of jive that most schools cannot. It is much harder to win consistently in the SEC than in the ACC or Big E. Building a successful SEC football program is much harder, but Stoops is getting the job done. Stoops is already out-recruiting Petrino, especially inside our state. Imagine how the recruiting pendulum will swing next year, after Stoops takes Kentucky to a bowl. I expect Louisville to be a middle of the pack ACC program for the foreseeable future, and Kentucky to be a middle of the pack or better SEC program as long as Stoops stays.

and Kentucky to be a middle of the pack or better SEC program as long as Stoops stays.

So the SEC is stronger than its ever been and Mark Stoops is going to do something at UK that hasn't been done with any consistency (middle of the pack or better) in 65 years?

I would be careful with this argument, because winning is absolutely all that matters to some of our fans too. Don't forget that lots of our fans, whether willing to admit it or not, wanted Petrino when Mitch hired Stoops. Fortunately, Mitch and our University leaders have much higher standards and more wisdom. At the end of the day, Kentucky is a program under a lot of scrutiny, whereas Louisville is not. Louisville can get away with lots of jive that most schools cannot. It is much harder to win consistently in the SEC than in the ACC or Big E. Building a successful SEC football program is much harder, but Stoops is getting the job done. Stoops is already out-recruiting Petrino, especially inside our state. Imagine how the recruiting pendulum will swing next year, after Stoops takes Kentucky to a bowl. I expect Louisville to be a middle of the pack ACC program for the foreseeable future, and Kentucky to be a middle of the pack or better SEC program as long as Stoops stays.

All schools have ignorant fans but schools with integrity of leadership did not and would not hire Petrino and excuse Pitino like the sleazy mockery of a university in Louisville has done.

All schools have ignorant fans but schools with integrity of leadership did not and would not hire Petrino and excuse Pitino like the sleazy mockery of a university in Louisville has done.

You're not fooling anyone. If UK had hired Petrino and he'd gone 8-4 you'd love the guy, or at least would be a lot less worried about the morals. Wed'd be hearing how he's a changed man etc

You're not fooling anyone. If UK had hired Petrino and he'd gone 8-4 you'd love the guy, or at least would be a lot less worried about the morals. Wed'd be hearing how he's a changed man etc
That's goofy. First place, Kentucky could have hired Petrino. He would have crawled on his knees to Lexington. But we didn't want him. While you are partially correct that some of our fans would take 8-4 regardless of any other qualifiers, every fan base has those kinds of people. You just have a lot more of them. It isn't our norm, but I don't expect you or your type to understand that.

you are the fool...ul is the only P5 school that would have hired BP and I am pretty sure he was black balled by sec schools...after Benedict wasn't fired for embarrassing his family... The university.. The fan base... And the entire city of Louisville that bleed redI no longer believe that anything is off the table with Tom Jurich and ul...probably at any other school in the country ,save it be a couple ,he would have been fired and Bobby Petrino would never have been hired...

That's goofy. First place, Kentucky could have hired Petrino. He would have crawled on his knees to Lexington. But we didn't want him. While you are partially correct that some of our fans would take 8-4 regardless of any other qualifiers, every fan base has those kinds of people. You just have a lot more of them. It isn't our norm, but I don't expect you or your type to understand that.

Bs. If he had been hired and started winning there isn't a one of you who would be whining about the hire. Not a one.

The board change has allowed all of the linebearded cockroaches back in. When we sweep them in both Basketball and Football next season, they will all dissappear.

Jauk we know this. You've only brought it up about a million times.

I was trying to educate the newbies, and thought you were one, had never noticed you or a couple others on here before. Where have you been?

Of course some posters have to change their names pretty often.

I campaigned heavily against BP on here and would have been unhappy if he did get us to eight wins, and he wouldn't have anyway with the previous support football had. Now we are going to get eight OR MORE wins soon the right way.

NO IF needed, it will never happen

Indeed, wouldn't they have to fire their offensive genius? Hell, they couldn't even fire hurtt after the NCAA basically told them they should, and BP probably has more on them than hurtt, and even Thug U turned down hurtt, LOL. And I am still surprised that the "academic" ACC is allowing them to make a mockery of the high ACC standards------but then I guess they weren't that high after all, huh UNC.

Pretty much. Not a sport for choir boys as I'm sure you would agree

Al Davis mantra as the Oakland Raiders Boss
The New England Patriots...Spygate, Deflategate
The Phil Fulmer Cup...for all the issues at Tennessee
Vanderbilt and the Rape Allegations
FSU all the way back to Free Shoes Era
The U
Auburn and Trey Williams
Dallas Cowboys and Greg Hardy
Michigan and Taylor Lewan
LSU and Jeremy Hill along with the Honey Badger issues
Nick Saban and Alabama for bringing in Jonathan Taylor
Urban Meyer at Florida with his 30 plus arrest and having Riley Cooper, The Pouncey Brothers and Aaron Hernandez on his at the same time.

Yup...Football especially at the P5 Level/NFL Level ain't about being "Choir Boys"...

Last edited:
Petrino had his dad begging Barnhart for the job. Petrino knew it was highly unlikely that UK or any SEC school would offer, but he was panting for a chance. Mitch was never going to even consider that option. Thank goodness.

The U
Auburn and Trey Williams
Urban Meyer at Florida with his 30 plus arrest and having Riley Cooper, The Pouncey Brothers and Aaron Hernandez on his at the same time.

Yup...Football especially at the P5 Level/NFL Level ain't about being "Choir Boys"...

UL fans say this sort of thing with pride as an excuse for bad behavior. It was desparate to hire Petrino. Jurich was chicken poop scared of another Kragthorpe.

The U
Auburn and Trey Williams

Yup, and I wouldn't be surprised if UL hasn't finally worked it's way to the top of at least one list, this pretty despicable one.

UL fans say this sort of thing with pride as an excuse for bad behavior. It was desparate to hire Petrino. Jurich was chicken poop scared of another Kragthorpe.

Just pointed out facts...not blinded by what is "Major College-P5"/NFL Football...never said UofL is/was innocent...it is what it is...not to even Mention "Dr. Tom Osborne" and his Nebraska Cornhuskers that won Titles with Lawrence Phillips and Christian Peter...very few "Choir Boys" at that level....

Last edited:
I was so violently against UK hiring Petrino that if they had hired him I would have quit supporting them in football for as long as he was there.

I felt that way about him even before the Arkansas incident.

UofL and Jurich proved my opinion of them with them taking him back after the way that he treated them while there before. UofL definite is willing to take the dregs of college football both in coaches, players, and evidently in athletic directors.

Yes other teams do end up with some scoundrel players but most do not take the cast offs of other teams that they know are scoundrels coming in.

Just pointed out facts...not blinded by what is "Major College-P5"/NFL Football...never said UofL is/was innocent...it is what it is...not to even Mention "Dr. Tom Osborne" and his Nebraska Cornhuskers that won Titles with Lawrence Phillips and Christian Peter...very few "Choir Boys" at that level....

There are 2 schools that are more likely to take castoffs and misfits than the rest of D1 football combined, one is AU and the other is UofL. AU recruited Taylor out of JUCO and would have gladly signed him if he had chosen him, the 2 most successful QB of Malzahn's time there were both kicked of their orginal teams for stealing. I don't know all the crimes of UofL transfers because it really doesn't matter to me, but I do know Michael Dryer was booted from AU and was associated with a group who is now doing 20+ years, JHC couldn't stay away from certain things and the kid from Texas is probably worse than Taylor by what he did to his gf. I can tell you with 100% certaintly they would not be at UGA with those things on their record.

Reactions: ukalum1988
There are 2 schools that are more likely to take castoffs and misfits than the rest of D1 football combined, one is AU and the other is UofL. AU recruited Taylor out of JUCO and would have gladly signed him if he had chosen him, the 2 most successful QB of Malzahn's time there were both kicked of their orginal teams for stealing. I don't know all the crimes of UofL transfers because it really doesn't matter to me, but I do know Michael Dryer was booted from AU and was associated with a group who is now doing 20+ years, JHC couldn't stay away from certain things and the kid from Texas is probably worse than Taylor by what he did to his gf. I can tell you with 100% certaintly they would not be at UGA with those things on their record.

The other is covering up/living with it...the cases at Tennessee/Florida and in the Mid 90s the Cornhuskers..btw, Georgia did win the "Fulmer Cup" in 2010...UofL hasn't won that award yet...Past winners include Marshall, Arkansas, Alabama and Auburn for example...again, Choir Boys not required to play football...

Last edited:
The other is covering up/living with it...the cases at Tennessee for example...btw, Georgia did win the "Fulmer Cup" in 2010...UofL hasn't won that award yet...Past winners include Marshall, Arkansas, Alabama and Auburn foe example...again, Choir Boys not required to play football...

Never once did I say we didn't have issues, we deal with them and they either learn or they transfer to AU or UofL. We usually have 3-4 a year get arrested for not having a driver's license, not suspended they just never got one, Wiggins falls into that group. We have had many fail drug test over the years too, but they don't fail the 3rd one, see another transfer to UofL. The 2011 season we played with 67 kids on scholarships because we had so many get in trouble. We self penalized ourself more than the NCAA did USC for paying Reggie Bush or Bama for buying Albert Means. All of our walkons got scholarships for a year, well 18 of them did. WIth the SEC signing limit of 28 it has taken us 4 years to get back to 85. But go ahead and compare our program and the trouble our kids get into to what UofL is bringing in. JHC with his issues wouldn't get reaccepted, the kid from Texas wouldn't have zero chance, strange as it seems, the only one who would have a chance of getting readmitted is Wiggins and he would have to pay his own way because Pruitt wouldn't waste a scholarship on him.

Never once did I say we didn't have issues, we deal with them and they either learn or they transfer to AU or UofL. We usually have 3-4 a year get arrested for not having a driver's license, not suspended they just never got one, Wiggins falls into that group. We have had many fail drug test over the years too, but they don't fail the 3rd one, see another transfer to UofL. The 2011 season we played with 67 kids on scholarships because we had so many get in trouble. We self penalized ourself more than the NCAA did USC for paying Reggie Bush or Bama for buying Albert Means. All of our walkons got scholarships for a year, well 18 of them did. WIth the SEC signing limit of 28 it has taken us 4 years to get back to 85. But go ahead and compare our program and the trouble our kids get into to what UofL is bringing in. JHC with his issues wouldn't get reaccepted, the kid from Texas wouldn't have zero chance, strange as it seems, the only one who would have a chance of getting readmitted is Wiggins and he would have to pay his own way because Pruitt wouldn't waste a scholarship on him.

Gotcha and I respect that...look, I have no illusions on Petrino or some coaches with his staff...it is the Holier than thou stuff makes no sense to me...have relatives that are currently playing in the B1G and everyone has issues...

The other is covering up/living with it...the cases at Tennessee/Florida and in the Mid 90s the Cornhuskers..btw, Georgia did win the "Fulmer Cup" in 2010...UofL hasn't won that award yet...Past winners include Marshall, Arkansas, Alabama and Auburn for example...again, Choir Boys not required to play football...

Choir boys are not required to play any college sport. That repeated line has to be one of the most inane in this thread.

There is no danger of UofL winning the Fulmer cup because they cover up incidents that other schools kick players off of the team if they commit them. Heck they have coaches of their two major sports that would not be hired by most schools.

There is no danger of UofL winning the Fulmer cup because they cover up incidents that other schools kick players off of the team if they commit them. Heck they have coaches of their two major sports that would not be hired by most schools.

^^^Much truth^^^!

weird how no ul fans wonder why these kids just cant stay out of trouble wherever they were but come to ul and they dont hear a peep out of them for 4 years... unless they are kicked off the team and then miraculously criminal charges are awaiting but the kid is already off the team. for ul fans to talk ish to uga and auburn about arrest and then take a bunch of transfers from those schools who were too bad for those schools... just comedy.

I diagree on Pitino. He would have a job before he hung up the phone with UL. His problems did not tie to his school just his personal life. Petrino on the other hand was going to have to wait a couple more years before a big school came calling. Don't fool yourselves. As soon as Petrino was far enough removed from his debacle someone in a P5 besides UL would have offered. UL just did it sooner than anyone else would. I gotta hand it to my son. When Petrino went to WKU he told me that Jurich was planting him there because he knew Strong would leave within two seasons. Strong told him that there were certain jobs he couldn't turn down and Texas was one of them. I only half believed him at the time because he didnt qualify it by saying he was told by (insert UL staff member here).

All that said I don't care what the kid has done in the past. I want to win. Im 60 years old and Im tired of losing. I like what I see so far out of this staff but I've been around the block enough to know that until the job is complete that nothing in football at UK is certain. Outside of one kid (the williams kid years back) Id have taken any of the transfers they have gotten over the years. I JUST WANT TO WIN. All this right way bullshit is nothing more than hollow words from a dying breed. Nice guys finish last. Its true, its always been true and I don't see it ever changing. If it means we win I say sign up as many of the Alcatraz All stars that we can find. JUST WIN! I'm going to be dead in the next 20-30 years and before that happens Id like to be rewarded for my life of being a UK football fan. Its hard to win at ANY game when you play by different rules than other teams. Instead of chastising these teams how about we get on board and quit setting standards higher than the NCAA requires? Why would a school thats been behind the proverbial 8 ball for infinity make things more difficult on themselves?

I would rather never go to a bowl with Stoops than go to the playoffs with Petrino. One thing is for sure, you can never take away the dignity of Mark Stoops.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT