ADVERTISEMENT

UL vs UK this season

Choir boys are not required to play any college sport. That repeated line has to be one of the most inane in this thread.

Heck no one is expecting football players to be Choir Boys but it would be nice if they weren't criminals like Willie Boy Williams who is serving life in a Kentucky prison and Uzi Man Council the stick up man now serving a long sentence. Two upstanding UofL players that shall we say were a "LOT" less than Choir Boys.

There is a huge margin between not being "Choir Boys" and being out and out thugs and criminals.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Heck no one is expecting football players to be Choir Boys but it would be nice if they weren't criminals like Willie Boy Williams who is serving life in a Kentucky prison and Uzi Man Council the stick up man now serving a long sentence. Two upstanding UofL players that shall we say were a "LOT" less than Choir Boys.

There is a huge margin between not being "Choir Boys" and being out and out thugs and criminals.
By the way, Council is now out of jail. Hopefully reformed.

Actually Council is out...meanwhile Former Nebraska RB Lawrence Phillips-(the guy that "Honest" Tom Osbourne) played in the National Title Game against Florida just killed his Cellmate a couple of weeks ago with his bare hands...

Choir Boys not required to play football...

This choir boys line that you keep repeating is one of the silliest I have seen in a while. No body is expecting them to be choir boys. Not having a rap sheet and parole officer is a legit expectation. And you can't claim that everyone does this and every school recruits like that because you wouldn't have those players if all schools did have UL's lowered standards. They wouldn't be at UL they would still be at TCU or Georgia or Auburn. You got them because other schools wouldn't accept them.

It's also one thing to recruit someone and have them screw up once they are on scholarship. It's another thing to intentionally recruit by seeing who is getting kicked off other teams. Showing a tendency to favor recruits with a criminal past is a win at all cost mentality that is unacceptable. The big joke I see from other fan bases is that most schools use Rivals top 150 as their recruiting publication. UL uses the police blotter as their recruiting publication. You guys are getting reputation beyond just UK fans taking shots that you should be embarrassed by. Hell even Luther Campbell took a shot at UL by saying the good Miami kids go to Miami and the thugs go to UL. Not sure he's accurate on that but your image has been tarnished enough that Luther Campbell is trolling you.

Actually Council is out...meanwhile Former Nebraska RB Lawrence Phillips-(the guy that "Honest" Tom Osbourne) played in the National Title Game against Florida just killed his Cellmate a couple of weeks ago with his bare hands...

Again the difference is he killed a man 20 years after leaving Nebraska. At UL he would be just now getting his recruiting notice.

This choir boys line that you keep repeating is one of the silliest I have seen in a while. No body is expecting them to be choir boys. Not having a rap sheet and parole officer is a legit expectation. And you can't claim that everyone does this and every school recruits like that because you wouldn't have those players if all schools did have UL's lowered standards. They wouldn't be at UL they would still be at TCU or Georgia or Auburn. You got them because other schools wouldn't accept them.

It's also one thing to recruit someone and have them screw up once they are on scholarship. It's another thing to intentionally recruit by seeing who is getting kicked off other teams. Showing a tendency to favor recruits with a criminal past is a win at all cost mentality that is unacceptable. The big joke I see from other fan bases is that most schools use Rivals top 150 as their recruiting publication. UL uses the police blotter as their recruiting publication. You guys are getting reputation beyond just UK fans taking shots that you should be embarrassed by. Hell even Luther Campbell took a shot at UL by saying the good Miami kids go to Miami and the thugs go to UL. Not sure he's accurate on that but your image has been tarnished enough that Luther Campbell is trolling you.

Again...nothing on here about Taylor going to Bama...or the other that usually just go to JuCo and then transfer to another SEC School like Cam Newton did when he ended up at Auburn...JHC and Wiggins were recruited by other P5 Schools but had a relationship with the current DC as was Ja'Quay Savage...the shaky one is Fields but the rest had other offers

Last edited:
Again the difference is he killed a man 20 years after leaving Nebraska. At UL he would be just now getting his recruiting notice.

At his time at Nebraska he drug his Girlfriend down a flight of stairs yet to win the Title "Dr. Tom" played him...

At his time at Nebraska he drug his Girlfriend down a flight of stairs yet to win the Title "Dr. Tom" played him...

And if this had happened present day and Nebraska had kicked him off the team can you say that the Cards wouldn't have welcomed him into their nest? I bet they would have done so. He sure sounds to be Card material to me. He would have been said too be just a mixed up young man that deserved a second, third, or fourth chance. We know at rehab U it is all about the player. Jez what a bunch of humanitarians.

Again...nothing on here about Taylor going to Bama...or the other that usually just go to JuCo and then transfer to another SEC School like Cam Newton did when he ended up at Auburn...JHC and Wiggins were recruited by other P5 Schools but had a relationship with the current DC as was Ja'Quay Savage...the shaky one is Fields but the rest had other offers
this thread is about UK/ul game next year. if you are gonna rely on castoffs then expect it to be brought up. we've all criticized nebraska fans who came here and said bad stuff about marrow for getting transfers from nebraska. if your gonna play lawrence phillips and their other "not choir boys" then you should not comment on matters of ethics at other schools... so if ul is gonna bring in dwyer, willie, council, fields... then pipe down about other schools.

as it relates to next year. fields had issues apparently besides the assault. pio had issues that got him kicked off his team. the rb transfer from northwestern was kept away from the team then chose to transfer. wiggins wasn't kicked off but has been kicked out of practice at ul. these weren't just failed drug test with the occasional pot smoker. all that does not have the happy, cohesive team vibe to me. while both teams have questions that we will have to wait on to have answered... ul has some serious questions that will have to be answered all year long, will one of these guys be a turd in the punchbowl?

everyone is gonna recruit a kid that ends up being bad and you really couldn't know until they arrive on campus but when you bring in known problems it is hard to justify it as "everyone does it".

Emory study found that most fans think their team will improve while the opponent will get worse. Natural optimism before the season.

By the way, Council is now out of jail. Hopefully reformed.

Do you think that him now being out of Jail some how redeems the Cards of the responsibility of having brought that thug to their campus, Louisville, and the state of Kentucky.

The only good thing I can say about the situation with Uzi Council is that he was convicted of his crime out of state and the Kentucky tax payers didn't have the expense of his incarceration. They are paying for a life time sentence in the Williams case. Keep up the good work Cards. We do need to keep those prisons full. You are doing your part bringing those thugs in. Heck I thought we had enough home grown thugs and criminals to keep our prisons full but you seem to want to be a feeder system for them bringing in those shady recruits from out of state.

Grumpy, I appreciate your input regarding Wiggins and JHC. In regards to Wiggins, cockiness is part of many that play that position. To actually start at Georgia as a true freshman is a statement in it's self. While he might have not been the answer, he was still a true freshman. Would you not agree that there is a chance the kid could improve with age and hopefully some maturity? It's funny how so many have commented that UK will take a big jump this year simply because they will be a year older, yet the same does not apply here?

First, he didn't start until Grantham put a couple of other kids in his doghouse never to be heard from again and 2 other guys had season ending injuries. As for him inproving, until he understands he needs to change some things and needs to improve no I don't see him improving. I agree cockiness is part of playing CB, got to be confident, but at some point you have to make some plays, otherwise you just look silly. Shaq made 1 play at UGA, on a flanker screen, when both wide guys thought the other was suppose to get the ball and it hit Shaq in the chest. The rest of the time he was chasing open receivers because he was too slow to make up any distance out of their breaks. But he was always willing to talk to them after a 15 yard gain, or a 99+ yard gain, he just wasn't close enough for the guy to hear him on that one.

Pointing out every other bad player seems to be your only defense. It is getting to the point where fan boards of distant teams pinpoint the Cards as a destination point for a bad egg before the player lands at UL. The rep goes beyond this state.

Somehow, Dyer "stayed clean" (wink wink) at UL, but evidently did not go to class. Wonder how he was using his down time?

First, he didn't start until Grantham put a couple of other kids in his doghouse never to be heard from again and 2 other guys had season ending injuries. As for him inproving, until he understands he needs to change some things and needs to improve no I don't see him improving. I agree cockiness is part of playing CB, got to be confident, but at some point you have to make some plays, otherwise you just look silly. Shaq made 1 play at UGA, on a flanker screen, when both wide guys thought the other was suppose to get the ball and it hit Shaq in the chest. The rest of the time he was chasing open receivers because he was too slow to make up any distance out of their breaks. But he was always willing to talk to them after a 15 yard gain, or a 99+ yard gain, he just wasn't close enough for the guy to hear him on that one.

But Grumpy them wide receivers were not embracing his personality!
Grumpy, when you explain to most UofL bloggers on this site you must remember you are not dealing with the average Rambling Wreck fan!

ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/2015...likes-kentucky/

Card fans....what happen with London the big DT?
No back story that I am aware of. On his visit he was told he was going to have control his weight and lose about 40-50 pounds to play but that is going to be true anywhere so I don't think that was the reason. I suspect he is just getting more attention now and wants to see what other schools have to offer. Cards were long time leader for his highly regarded teammate (Pass) but AU may now be his favorite. Potential "package"???

Peace

There is no danger of UofL winning the Fulmer cup because they cover up incidents that other schools kick players off of the team if they commit them. Heck they have coaches of their two major sports that would not be hired by most schools.

The Louisville Cardinal-Journal also plays a critical role in keeping a lid on the many UofL scandals. Contrast that with the hostile relationship between the UKAA and the LHL.

I love how so many UK fans act like they know for a fact that U of L covers stuff up. I just don't understand how so many know this to be a fact. I follow sports pretty closely, especially college sports and I can't fathom acting like I have some special power that provides me this knowledge. One of my favorite sayings from a close family friend is, "I wasn't there." I think you guys should think about this saying for a while instead of acting like you're omniscient.

I love how so many UK fans act like they know for a fact that U of L covers stuff up. I just don't understand how so many know this to be a fact. I follow sports pretty closely, especially college sports and I can't fathom acting like I have some special power that provides me this knowledge. One of my favorite sayings from a close family friend is, "I wasn't there." I think you guys should think about this saying for a while instead of acting like you're omniscient.

One doesn't have to be omniscient to figure out some of the trash that UofL's football team brings in is going to be trouble. Heck past history alone is enough to be able to predict that will happen. Past history has also shown that UoL's athletic department has covered up for athletes to keep them eligible and playing.

They don't call you last chance U for no good reason.

I hope you do not expect us to think these players were saints while at UofL when they had been nothing but trouble at their last venue and a bunch of them are nothing but trouble after leaving UofL and end up in prison. Dude it isn't being omniscient it is just a matter of knowing the history of your program and the type trash you bring in that has been sent packing by other programs. Drugees, woman beaters, armed robbers, thieves and assorted other offenses.

Pointing out every other bad player seems to be your only defense. It is getting to the point where fan boards of distant teams pinpoint the Cards as a destination point for a bad egg before the player lands at UL. The rep goes beyond this state.

Somehow, Dyer "stayed clean" (wink wink) at UL, but evidently did not go to class. Wonder how he was using his down time?

No...just pointing out what doesn't want to be said...everyone has skeletons...every program...it is what it is in P5/NFL Football....if Greg Hardy can land a nice deal and if Nick Saban can and will take a Jonathan Taylor, a Gus Malzahn as a assistant will take a Cam Newton and as a HC a Trey Williams and if even 20 years ago Tom Osbourne will play someone that dragged his Girlfriend down 3 flights of stairs to help him win a National Title any and everything goes...just don't really see the point after looking at what goes on across the country to play the "Moral Highground"...if you want to put a higher standard on yourself while everyone else even in your league has no real problem either bringing in or covering up "Bad Boys" go right ahead...it is what it is...

Last edited:
i live in louisville and have family that worked for lmpd and can tell you that he had personal knowledge of 2 cases with ul players and he couldn't give specific details but said they were gone and would be looking at jail time. 1 missed a couple games and was back on the field and the other never missed a game. it is what it is. sure, lots of places apparently do this, it shouldn't be condoned at the fan level though.... if you care about the student body in general. i have a cousin going to ul and she moved off campus because she didn't feel safe at the on campus apartment. it cost her more money to move than to stay but her and a few of her friends all went in on an apartment together instead of staying there because of the football players. maybe she's overreacting but she didn't feel safe and is now off campus but still going to ul and still a fan (ugh).

There is no danger of UofL winning the Fulmer cup because they cover up incidents that other schools kick players off of the team if they commit them. Heck they have coaches of their two major sports that would not be hired by most schools.

When a UGA player is arrested for anything no matter how minor, even Wiggin's driving without a license not suspended he just never got one, it was on the front page of the AJC withing an hour with headling of "UGA player arrested" . It is there so fast that I really think someone in the Athens police department is calling and giving them info. But a Tech player getting arrested might make the sports page. My reason for this is because no one cares anything about Tech and doesn't care what happens to their players and won't visit the site to find out, where as UGA fans make up about 80% of the state will. I figure its the same with Louisville, no one really cares/

When a UGA player is arrested for anything no matter how minor, even Wiggin's driving without a license not suspended he just never got one, it was on the front page of the AJC withing an hour with headling of "UGA player arrested" . It is there so fast that I really think someone in the Athens police department is calling and giving them info. But a Tech player getting arrested might make the sports page. My reason for this is because no one cares anything about Tech and doesn't care what happens to their players and won't visit the site to find out, where as UGA fans make up about 80% of the state will. I figure its the same with Louisville, no one really cares/

Grumpy...how do you explain Florida State...the Tallahassee Police/Media is notorious for "Blocking" for the FSU...the same for the Gainesville 5-O....

Last edited:

Dude, read your UL message boards about what is constantly said about UK. Stoops, Cal, Mitchell all paying players and cheating. The roar is a constant there. Go post your admonition there.

No...just pointing out what doesn't want to be said...everyone has skeletons...every program...it is what it is in P5/NFL Football....if Greg Hardy can land a nice deal and if Nick Saban can and will take a Jonathan Taylor, a Gus Malzahn as a assistant will take a Cam Newton and as a HC a Trey Williams and if even 20 years ago Tom Osbourne will play someone that dragged his Girlfriend down 3 flights of stairs to help him win a National Title any and everything goes...just don't really see the point after looking at what goes on across the country to play the "Moral Highground"...if you want to put a higher standard on yourself while everyone else even in your league has no real problem either bringing in or covering up "Bad Boys" go right ahead...it is what it is...

By aligning yourself with the weak mistakes of other programs, you embrace the moral low ground.

i live in louisville and have family that worked for lmpd and can tell you that he had personal knowledge of 2 cases with ul players and he couldn't give specific details but said they were gone and would be looking at jail time. 1 missed a couple games and was back on the field and the other never missed a game. it is what it is. sure, lots of places apparently do this, it shouldn't be condoned at the fan level though.... if you care about the student body in general. i have a cousin going to ul and she moved off campus because she didn't feel safe at the on campus apartment. it cost her more money to move than to stay but her and a few of her friends all went in on an apartment together instead of staying there because of the football players. maybe she's overreacting but she didn't feel safe and is now off campus but still going to ul and still a fan (ugh).

I know a player who played under Cooper. The place was a mad house. A group of players sent a walkon to the hospital. Some in the media knew. It was never reported, no one missed time on the field, and no one was charged.

By aligning yourself with the weak mistakes of other programs, you embrace the moral low ground.

No...just accept what it is...whether you like it or not Football at the highest level overlooks a lot...even today Ray McDonald now of the Chicago Bears was arrested again for Domestic Violence...he was arrested last summer as a member of the 49ers...the Bears signed him regardless of his past run ins with Domestic Violence-(The Bears just released him but if cleared watch the Bengals or Raiders sign him)..today he was charged with hitting a woman while she was holding a baby

It is unfortunate but it is the reality and really always has been...now to the so-called covering up of Bad Behavior...it is a lot harder to do in the now era of Cell Phones...etc...etc...

Last edited:
UL's resurgence didn't start with firing Kragthorpe, it started with them hiring the biggest known cheater in the history of college recruiting. We all know how he did it at the U, that already has great talent all around them and the beaches, and some Card fans want to believe he was spueaky clean while talking four four stars into leaving home (along with over half of the class being from Florida) for a down and out program.

But of course neither he nor Charlie knew anything about any of that, Charlie recruiting (and signing) some of those same players from the same state. You still have to wonder why Charlie turned down a job like TU because even they (heaven forbid) couldn't stomach hurtt. And why jurich couldn't fire him when the truth became public, not that he didn't know all of it before.

But that fits in perfectly with jurich, bringing habitual criminal Willie in to get free living quarters in Kentucky for LIFE (jurich stopped the lobster deliveries though) along with taking any recruit or transfer that can play no matter their record. And of course he has the two adulterers and at least one abortionist on staff to teach his young men life's lessons.

What a joke city college has become, I used to actually root for them before they became Transfer U and jurich made a mockery of ethics in college athletics.
Jauk11 spitting the truth like no other.. ROCK ON!

Grumpy...how do you explain Florida State...the Tallahassee Police/Media is notorious for "Blocking" for the FSU...the same for the Gainesville 5-O....

Its the same as Tech, outside of Tallahassee people in Florida are UF fans for the most part. Now the reason so much is swept under the run in Gainesville is because the DA is a huge Gator booster and Bull Gator. How else do you think a guy who threatened to kill his gf, a guy who shot his friend in the face and a guy who couldn't pass a drug test at anytime never missed a single snap? As long as there weren't any bodies laying around charges were dismissed.

No...just accept what it is...whether you like it or not Football at the highest level overlooks a lot...even today Ray McDonald now of the Chicago Bears was arrested again for Domestic Violence...he was arrested last summer as a member of the 49ers...the Bears signed him regardless of his past run ins with Domestic Violence-(The Bears just released him but if cleared watch the Bengals or Raiders sign him)..today he was charged with hitting a woman while she was holding a baby

It is unfortunate but it is the reality and really always has been...now to the so-called covering up of Bad Behavior...it is a lot harder to do in the now era of Cell Phones...etc...etc...

This a reality for college programs that accept it as reality, which is taking the cavernous low moral ground. Demand better.

This a reality for college programs that accept it as reality, which is taking the cavernous low moral ground. Demand better.

Live in reality...if it doesn't stop Saban or Malzhan from taking players thst either broke the law-(Stealing)...or Domestic Abuse in which they both have done...if it doesn't stop Fisher from covering up for Winston or Karlos Williams-(investigated for Drugs and also had a Domestic Abuse case against him last year) at FSU again it is open game at the P5 Level...this is just the stuff that has somehow come to light..again it is what it is and I am at the point of just not making a big deal of it...it just the dirty business of Big $$$$ Athletics...

Last edited:
Live in reality...if it doesn't stop Saban or Malzhan from taking players thst either broke the law-(Stealing)...or Domestic Abuse in which they both have done...if it doesn't stop Fisher from covering up for Winston or Karlos Williams-(investigated for Drugs and also had a Domestic Abuse case against him last year) at FSU again it is open game at the P5 Level...this is just the stuff that has somehow come to light..again it is what it is and I am at the point of just not making a big deal of it...it just the dirty business of Big $$$$ Athletics...
You're beating a dead horse.

+1

How do you explain the fact that you take players that those guys kick off of their teams? The truth is UofL is in a class all of their own when it comes to taking in the scoundrels of college football.

That is why your school is always at the top of the list when these scoundrels have to move on because they know that they will be held to a much lower standard of behavior. Heck what right would your scoundrel of a coach have to hold them to a higher standard than he himself exhibits. Scoundrel U would seem to be an apt name for the Cards.

fwiw. at least one oddsmaker has UK favored by 1 in out meeting this year. so that is one unbiased source that thinks we have a chance... or at least that money will fall on an even level around that number.

Integrity. Dignity. Class.

Yeah. Your coach and his "troops" showed a lot of those qualities in warm-ups at Louisville last year. I guess that's what you guys call 'doing it the right way.'

Reactions: teamcanada
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT