ADVERTISEMENT

UL vs UK this season

Hard2Bluff

Junior
Sep 8, 2009
So they lost 10 of Strong's recruits to the NFL and beat us by only 4. I think we will run over them later this year. Petrino couldn't run over us with 10 nfl players...Sorry if already discussed.

Why would that already be discussed? This is a basketball forum. However I think UK vs. ul in basketball will be more of the same. A Cats victory.

Louisville will still be good on defense, Will our offensive line hold up against the 7 they will bring on every down?

Very confident we beat UL this season. Should have last year, now they are demonstrably worst while we are steadily improving. I'd rank UL 9th most difficult 2015 opponent - and am very confident we win 7 games.

1)Auburn
2)Georgia
3)Tennessee
4)Missouri
5)Miss St
6)South Carolina
7)Florida
8)Louisiana-Laffayette
9)UL
10)Vandy
11)EKU
12)Charlotte

Louisville turned the ball over 5 times in the game last year and still won. When was the last time a team spotted a team 23 points and won the game? UL will be much improved in Petrino's second year.

Louisville turned the ball over 5 times in the game last year and still won. When was the last time a team spotted a team 23 points and won the game? UL will be much improved in Petrino's second year.

Louisville had 4 turnovers and UK had 2. Quit acting like it was a +5 differential...a reason as to why you were turning it over: you couldn't block us...the OL that had a couple players drafted, couldn't block us.

Another reason was that you had one receiver being targeted the whole game...it worked more often than not, but targeting Parker every play will also lead to INTs. Oh, I'm sure you know this, but he was also drafted and is gone.

Spotted points....what a clown. Find some tackles, teach some ball security and learn to block on the punt team and maybe you wont spot teams anymore points.

Reactions: CATFANFOLIFE87
Louisville had 4 turnovers and UK had 2. Quit acting like it was a +5 differential...a reason as to why you were turning it over: you couldn't block us...the OL that had a couple players drafted, couldn't block us.

Another reason was that you had one receiver being targeted the whole game...it worked more often than not, but targeting Parker every play will also lead to INTs. Oh, I'm sure you know this, but he was also drafted and is gone.

Spotted points....what a clown. Find some tackles, teach some ball security and learn to block on the punt team and maybe you wont spot teams anymore points.
I consider the blocked punt a turnover. Why would you not throw it to Parker every play? UK tried to single cover him the entire game, a very bad coaching move on their part. Louisville has some very good receivers again this year, no Parker for sure but they can play. The defense will be good and they will have much improved play out of the QB spot. Offensive Line is a concern but when is it not.

A blocked punt may be a momentum changer and field position play, but it isn't a turnover...we were getting the ball on that play one way or another.

UKs safety help was late. I'd throw it to him every play too, but don't say you gave points away when a couple of those are picked off.

Louisville is going to be tough. I think they got a chance to win the Atlantic division in the ACC. This will be a big year for Grantham and his defense. Petrino is going to score points, you are an idiot if you don't believe that. Can Louisville's defense maintain their production from last year?

Louisville is going to be tough. I think they got a chance to win the Atlantic division in the ACC. This will be a big year for Grantham and his defense. Petrino is going to score points, you are an idiot if you don't believe that. Can Louisville's defense maintain their production from last year?

They better hope they have a miraculous turnaround at QB...Petrino is an excellent offensive mind, but he wasn't able to do too much last year with that teams offense...losing a few OL and Parker isn't going to help.

The defense will have great linebackers...they lose their leader in Mauldin, their top safety in Samples, Mr 14 INT Holliman, best playmaking corner in Gaines.

I see a drop off...and the team last year wasn't as good as some believe either. Loss to UVA, WF struggles, struggle with UK @ home, blowout loss to UGA. Their best win might've been the FSU loss...

Louisville is going to be tough.
Not as tough as last year. It isn't that hard to understand, they had 10 guys drafted by the NFL, and they ain't got 10 on the bench to step in their place who are as good or better.
I think they got a chance to win the Atlantic division in the ACC.
Clemson pounds them in week 3 and ends their chase for the Atlantic div title.
This will be a big year for Grantham and his defense.
ask our friendly Georgia visitors, Grantham's defenses get worst the longer he stays in 1 place. his NFL style of not teaching fundamentals catches up and degrades a college defensive roster. At some point UL fans will understand why every georgia fan (and coach, and player) hates Grantham and celebrate him being gone and were fired up to emasculate him in a bowl game (when Richt's team normally don't care and have checked out for the season).
Petrino is going to score points, you are an idiot if you don't believe that. Can Louisville's defense maintain their production from last year?
This isn't the 2000's anymore, his offense is old and stale and no longer innovative or the best in the country. the game has past him by, we are in the era of hurry up no huddle spread QB running, his pro style QB under center huddling stuff is last century. score points, OK, lets see if he does as much this yr as last without Parker and with an even worst O line and still no clear cut leader to be their starting QB.

It's gonna be so sweet to watch UK beat UofL this year and see the faces of the idiot UofL fans (like yourself) that cannot fathom UK beating the mighty powerhouse UofL. Hey, when was the last time your powerhouse UofL football program beat a ranked team?

Not as tough as last year. It isn't that hard to understand, they had 10 guys drafted by the NFL, and they ain't got 10 on the bench to step in their place who are as good or better.

ask our friendly Georgia visitors, Grantham's defenses get worst the longer he stays in 1 place. his NFL style of not teaching fundamentals catches up and degrades a college defensive roster. At some point UL fans will understand why every georgia fan (and coach, and player) hates Grantham and celebrate him being gone and were fired up to emasculate him in a bowl game (when Richt's team normally don't care and have checked out for the season).

This isn't the 2000's anymore, his offense is old and stale and no longer innovative or the best in the country. the game has past him by, we are in the era of hurry up no huddle spread QB running, his pro style QB under center huddling stuff is last century. score points, OK, lets see if he does as much this yr as last without Parker and with an even worst O line and still no clear cut leader to be their starting QB.
Bonnafon is much improved over last year. I didn't believe it until I saw the spring game. Quicker decision making and making the right reads. Remember he was a true freshman last year, now he's had a full year in the system. UL will be good this year. Hopefully Stoops can show he can coach some this year and not have to send his red shirts out to try to start a fight before the game again.

if you're honest about position groups and which team has more talent, this will be the first time UK has had more talent on the field then ul since cobb and locke left. its not overwhelming but we will have more talent in the 2 deep on both sides of the ball in most places. petrino is a good coach and im sure he will have them outperform their talent level but at arky and ul last time he had wayy more talent in the younger classes then what he had at ul this time. yes they have got some good jucos and some transfers but i think ul fans are being overly optimistic that you can patch transfers, jucos, first time starters and get a high level winner. ul's first 4 games will let everyone know how good they are. i'll make my game monetary decision on our game after their first 4.

I don't know how outdated his offense is. He could of scored 50 on Uk last year if he hadn't taken a knee. That's with 5 turnovers and a third string QB

They still have 6 guys projected to go in next's years draft. QB is much improved this year. Also, I know this won't help much next year, but the class Petrino just brought in is the highest ranked in school history. Petrino might be a butt hole of a man but he is a very good football coach. What kind of coaching strategy was it to try and single cover Parker when he was killing the UK secondary. UL will be good for a long time we just need UK to step up amd make it a rivalry again.

You act as if UK made no mistakes to "spot Louisville" as well and nothing UK did had anything to do with UofL's problems. Off the top of my head... the UK dropped interception which probably would have won UK the game... the idiotic penalty because I guess some guy who doesn't even play was outside the area on the sideline when UK stopped UofL on 3rd down, with the penalty giving UofL a 1st down and a score on the drive, instead of punting. A sideline penalty???? LOL.

Coaching strategy? What kind of strategy did Petrino use at the end of the Clemson game? Also, what kind of "strategy" or decision making is he using when clearly Bonnafon was terrible and UK absolutely wouldn't let the UofL offense go anywhere with him in until he got hurt. If Petrino is such a genius, why was Bolin not starting that game instead of Bonnafon? Looked pretty clear to me which one was better.

Don't worry, it's a rivalry, unlike the UK-UofL basketball game (1-7 in last 8 games). That's not a rivalry.
Football is what? 4-4 last 8 games? You mentioned that great recruiting class for UofL. We've already had several consecutive classes that are the same and even better. UK is and has been out-recruiting UofL for consecutive years. The talent is there now. Hell UK should have won last season and was plenty competitive the year before. Pretty clear the gap already closed. Don't worry about UK stepping it up, pal.

Bonnafon is much improved over last year. I didn't believe it until I saw the spring game. Quicker decision making and making the right reads. Remember he was a true freshman last year, now he's had a full year in the system. UL will be good this year. Hopefully Stoops can show he can coach some this year and not have to send his red shirts out to try to start a fight before the game again.
really? well why is everyone i talk too still not sold on bonnafon as a qb? i live in louisville and talk to a lot of ul fans and most of them expect him to change positions and hope that bolin can beat him out early to make the change happen quicker.

and starting a fight? did we start a fight or did we just go to midfield and talk trash before a rivalry game and your players lost it and started the fight? tell you coaches to quit cheating on their wives and being douchebags to their underlings!!!!

You are an idiot. I am sure Reggie looked awesome in a 1s vs 2s scrimmage. RB didn't improve at all last year...actually looked his worst against UK. He has a live arm and great legs, but I wouldn't be pumped about him being QB.

And for the record, rumor was UL wanted to meet at the 50...UK obliged.

I don't know how outdated his offense is. He could of scored 50 on Uk last year if he hadn't taken a knee. That's with 5 turnovers and a third string QB

A 3rd string QB that was clearly better than at least one guy in front of him? Sounds like the coaches weren't smart enough to start the "3rd string QB". Yeah, you were at such a disadvantage with that 3rd sting QB, he sure was terrible compared to Bonnafon or even Gardner. Bonnafon sure looked great vs UK and you guys just got a bad break. :rolleyes:

Enjoy losing this year.

Oh, by the way... "could have..." makes a little more sense than "could of...", but I'm sure you're highly educated.

That's what we heard last year about Reggie. Heard he was better than Teddy Bridgewater. I don't think UK will run over UL but I am pretty confident UK gets the job done this year. Coaching mistakes beat UK last year. From not doubling up on Parker to running the ball up the middle in a 2 minute offense.

Louisville has dominated the series since they renewed it except for except for the 4 years Kragthorpe was there. There is a reason the 3rd string QB is still third string.

Louisville has dominated the series since they renewed it except for except for the 4 years Kragthorpe was there. There is a reason the 3rd string QB is still third string.

So you can use Kragthorpe as an excuse but if UK tries to use Joker or probation as an excuse it's not okay?

He tried to run it in - got stopped and didn't want the embarrassment of looking like an ass again.

Also, since that was off of an INT, wouldn't those have just been points that UK spotted UL? I mean, that's how you see it right?...they don't REALLY count, after all, they were "spotted".

He tried to run it in - got stopped and didn't want the embarrassment of looking like an ass again.

Also, since that was off of an INT, wouldn't those have just been points that UK spotted UL? I mean, that's how you see it right?...they don't REALLY count, after all, they were "spotted".
Never sad they didn't count. But how many games have you seen where a teams gives up 23 points by their own mistakes and still win the game?

So you can use Kragthorpe as an excuse but if UK tries to use Joker or probation as an excuse it's not okay?
Joker beat Kragthorpe. Is it a coincidence that UK's best period in football since they started playing again is when kragthorpe was there?

When you evaluate Louisville, you need to consider the high value transfers that they have added. Devante Fields, Josh Harvey Clemons, Shaq Wiggins, JaQuay Williams, Jamari Staples, Paul Harris. Those guys, and several good Juco's balance out some of the losses to the NFL. Defense should be very, very good. Receivers should be very good, but nobody as good as Parker. Top running back returns, and QB play should be improved, with Bonnafon, Bolin, Gardiner and Ferguson all capable of contributing. The biggest question mark is the offensive line. I expect Louisville to be better than last year, if the line is adequate, but with a tougher schedule. The UK game will definitely be tougher.

If you accept your own excuse then you will acknowledge that the domination of the series took place when
  1. UK was on probation.
  2. UK was trying to recover from the Joke era.
Our excuses trump yours

Joker beat Kragthorpe. Is it a coincidence that UK's best period in football since they started playing again is when kragthorpe was there?

And UL under Petrino was playing UK under or coming off of probation.

As every ul fan does, try to get your facts straight, that lower then life degree from ul is showing badly. Stupid 101.

I believe teamcanada is one of the posters that was previously banned and is giving it another go. Not sure he'll last too long this time, but it is fun as always to converse with Louisville fans. I always feel smarter afterwards.

Reactions: KYDave32
When you evaluate Louisville, you need to consider the high value transfers that they have added. Devante Fields, Josh Harvey Clemons, Shaq Wiggins, JaQuay Williams, Jamari Staples, Paul Harris. Those guys, and several good Juco's balance out some of the losses to the NFL. Defense should be very, very good. Receivers should be very good, but nobody as good as Parker. Top running back returns, and QB play should be improved, with Bonnafon, Bolin, Gardiner and Ferguson all capable of contributing. The biggest question mark is the offensive line. I expect Louisville to be better than last year, if the line is adequate, but with a tougher schedule. The UK game will definitely be tougher.

Do they have a cell block to lock that bunch up when they are not on the field. If not I doubt more than half make it to the last game of the season without visiting the cell block down town.

Look at the Georgia game last year. Georgia scored every time they had the ball. More of the same this year against everyone.

Do they have a cell block to lock that bunch up when they are not on the field. If not I doubt more than half make it to the last game of the season without visiting the cell block down town.
The same thing that was said about Michael Dyer and he had no legal problems while he was there. The only real iffy guy they took was the TCU kid.

ADVERTISEMENT