ADVERTISEMENT

NOOO! UK and IU in Talks to Renew Rivalry

Do you want UK to renew the series with IU?

• Yes, either a Home and Home or Neutral Sites are OK.

Votes: 77 16.8%
  • Yes, but only if it is at Neutral Sites, such as Indianapolis and Louisville.

Votes: 98 21.4%
  • No.

Votes: 283 61.8%

• Total voters
Maybe y'all should schedule Robert Morris--last time worked out well for your side.

Maybe you should schedule Wichita State...err..wait.

Funny thing is UK won as many NCAA Tournament games this season as the Indbreds have in the last decade combined.

Cut any nets or issue any NCAA Tournament rings this year? 3 decades without a banner bitches.

The last several posts just keeps reinforcing the point that these two teams need to play. You just don't see this much hatred between any two teams in just about any sport. This is how it was prior to the BCG years and davis/Crean years. I have a few family members that are UK fans and we still get in heated arguments over UK/IU. This game needs to be played. Well done everybody, well done.

The last several posts just keeps reinforcing the point that these two teams need to play. You just don't see this much hatred between any two teams in just about any sport. This is how it was prior to the BCG years and davis/Crean years. I have a few family members that are UK fans and we still get in heated arguments over UK/IU. This game needs to be played. Well done everybody, well done.

Make no mistake, we couldn't care less and wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

You suck and replacing you with a relevant team improves our RPI.

</end thread>

Make no mistake, we couldn't care less and wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

You suck and replacing you with a relevant team improves our RPI.

</end thread>

I dunno a top 15 team next year playing in what will likely be the top conference, MSU, Maryland will be top 5-10 teams, Purdue/UM(if they get brown) will be top 25 teams. Those have to increase the RPI more so than a UCLA that plays in a weak PAC12. Its a semi crap shoot depending on your schedule, then your opponents schedule, but such is the RPI rating system. Not a fan of it personally but it does give a quick snapshot of a team without too many metrics involved to aid the NCAA committee in seeding.

Keep dreaming like it's 1987, even if it's three decades later.

Did you buy a Sweet 16 commemorative ring after we kicked your ass out of the tourney in 2012?

crean-calipari.jpg

Ouch, that hurts, especially from a fan of a program that didn't even make the NIT more recently than that, hasn't won a championship since the Reagan administration, and has been farther than the Sweet 16 a total of ONCE since 1993 -- a period in which Kentucky has won three championships, been to eight Final Fours and been beyond the Sweet 16 a total of 14 times. An Indiana fan talking smack with Kentucky is like the Haitian militia talking smack with the US 1st Marine Division.

Oh I forgot it is the almighty Kentucky I was talking about--guess I should be in awe, but I'm not. I have not seen such arrogance and big headedness in a long time. I know y'all should get every 5 star and if they don't go to Kentucky they're stupid. Before you get on your high horses (no pun intended) the 'Cats have had their share of cheating scandals through the years--or have you forgotten?

Oh I forgot it is the almighty Kentucky I was talking about--guess I should be in awe, but I'm not. I have not seen such arrogance and big headedness in a long time. I know y'all should get every 5 star and if they don't go to Kentucky they're stupid. Before you get on your high horses (no pun intended) the 'Cats have had their share of cheating scandals through the years--or have you forgotten?

You sucked just as bad when you cheated. LOL

1987 - 1987 - 1987 - 1987 - 1987 - 1987 - 1987 - 1987 - 1987 - 1987 - 1987 - 1987 - 1987 - 1987

sampson4.jpg

Reactions: hotelblue
No, IU does not DESERVE to play UK again, period, end of discussion.
Just goes to prove my post--arrogance, aloofness and big headedness--IU doesn't deserve to kiss the ring of the almighty Kentucky. Why does any team--except maybe Duke, UNC and Wisconsin deserve to play Kentucky? Kentucky is going to win so why play--that's the attitude of Big Blue Nation. Unbelievable!!

Just goes to prove my post--arrogance, aloofness and big headedness--IU doesn't deserve to kiss the ring of the almighty Kentucky. Why does any team--except maybe Duke, UNC and Wisconsin deserve to play Kentucky? Kentucky is going to win so why play--that's the attitude of Big Blue Nation. Unbelievable!!

Maybe if you didn't suck and actually helped instead of hurt our RPI.

Don't have a dog in this particular fight but in a way I think all of us do if we've ever bought a ticket to see a game in an opposing teams gym.

Nobody should be heckled and harassed that's in the stands. Yell at the visiting team but seeking out a rival fan to berate is wrong. What if a Kentucky fan was sitting in AH that night with their kids and had to endure that?

There's a particular level of bile in those videos and others I've seen that is just over the top. It's happened to me before but nowhere near as bad which is why I tend to dress incognito if I'm in an away gym but I should have a right to wear a team shirt without fear of retaliation over it if that was my choice.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Ive
Don't have a dog in this particular fight but in a way I think all of us do if we've ever bought a ticket to see a game in an opposing teams gym.

Nobody should be heckled and harassed that's in the stands. Yell at the visiting team but seeking out a rival fan to berate is wrong. What if a Kentucky fan was sitting in AH that night with their kids and had to endure that?

There's a particular level of bile in those videos and others I've seen that is just over the top. It's happened to me before but nowhere near as bad which is why I tend to dress incognito if I'm in an away gym but I should have a right to wear a team shirt without fear of retaliation over it if that was my choice.

I've been to several IU vs UK games and have been equally harassed as what those videos show. I thought it was pretty cool. To be part of something that brings so much passion/energy/hatred was a fun experience.

My mom was with us one time while we were just getting berated by a teenaged UK fan after the loss. She thought it was hilarious that this teenager would get so worked up over a game/win against us. She also took it as a sign of respect.

I never felt like UK players were soft in any fashion....but the majority of fans reacting to the series seem very SOFT!

What did you guys gain from playing Baylor? This year you'll gain playing a likely top 15ish team. It can only improve your OOC SOS, not that it needs help but it'll help. Your 2nd sentence to me aids my argument in why they need to play, that much resentment between fan bases needs to be exploited. I would say the game in 11-12, even though you lost, helped you guys in winning the title (or maybe it was just ESPN since they replayed the ending over and over and over again). And you say you don't want to live through that "circus/riot like experience (as so elegantly put)", so you attended the game in Bloomington?

Well, for one, Baylor has been a far more consistently competitive program in the last decade than IU.

Ive

I've been to several IU vs UK games and have been equally harassed as what those videos show. I thought it was pretty cool. To be part of something that brings so much passion/energy/hatred was a fun experience.

My mom was with us one time while we were just getting berated by a teenaged UK fan after the loss. She thought it was hilarious that this teenager would get so worked up over a game/win against us. She also took it as a sign of respect.

I never felt like UK players were soft in any fashion....but the majority of fans reacting to the series seem very SOFT!

Posts like this are akin to asking UK fans why they don't want to schedule a series with UCLA, as barring a good season here and there, both IU and UCLA have been largely irrelevant for 20 years now. It's clear to see that IU fans are missing the series far more than we are, as your average UK fan just doesn't care about Indiana in 2015. I mean, the past few seasons barring 12-13, you've been at best what, the 3rd best team in your own state behind Butler and Notre Dame? When you look at things from our point of view there's little to be excited about in regards to the prospects of a renewed rivalry.

Last edited:
Ive

The only thing I see that's SOFT are the skulls of IU fans who think they're still living in the 1980's...NEWSFLASH you haven't won diddly in THREE DECADES - anyone with any sense would wait until they've actually accomplished something before going to a former rivals site and talking isht. Not IU fan, not enough sense in those soft heads.

Million dollar mouth's with a Dollar Store team.

This photo defines your existence.

indiana-sweet-16-rings.png

See? Now you're learning. ;)

Keep dreaming like it's 1987, even if it's three decades later.

Did you buy a Sweet 16 commemorative ring after we kicked your ass out of the tourney in 2012?

crean-calipari.jpg

I'm convinced that the majority of IU fans have literally erased the 2012 tournament game from their memories. Nope. Never happened. Only the regular season game counted.

There is no incentive or advantage for UK to schedule a team like IU , they are not an upper echelon program nor have been for decades .

When you factor in their meth mouth fans it is an easy choice to play a better program . IU fans want this game because it is still a rivalry to them , it is no longer a rivalry to UK fans except for maybe the old guard .

I'm in my 40's and remember when IU was good but I have no interest in this game , we need a new respectful and better opponent because we have options to do so .

Reactions: CatPhight
There is no incentive or advantage for UK to schedule a team like IU , they are not an upper echelon program nor have been for decades .

When you factor in their meth mouth fans it is an easy choice to play a better program . IU fans want this game because it is still a rivalry to them , it is no longer a rivalry to UK fans except for maybe the old guard .

I'm in my 40's and remember when IU was good but I have no interest in this game , we need a new respectful and better opponent because we have options to do so .

Exactly - Michigan State miles ahead of them.

Reactions: catfaninsc
Because of YOUR FANBASE, it's been stated here a hundred times already. It's been documented: fans, even children SPIT ON by you inbreds. Would that happen at Rupp? At Cameron? No, it would not; end of discussion.

Because of YOUR FANBASE, it's been stated here a hundred times already. It's been documented: fans, even children SPIT ON by you inbreds. Would that happen at Rupp? At Cameron? No, it would not; end of discussion.

Lol documented....please show us then.

IU is an old has been that has fallen out of blue blood status they have not earned the right to play the best program ever in college basketball.

Reactions: BlueRupp

I would also like to see the documentation of fans, even children that were "SPIT ON" by Indiana fans.

The court rushing without allowing the players and coaches a chance to safely exit the court was a HUGE reason too!!! The safety of our players from out of control morons is a big concern for us.

Other than little Jordy Hulls falling onto Darius Miller (who got up and walked away) I would also like to see documentation of UK players and coaches not getting a chance to safely exit the court.

I would also like to see the documentation of fans, even children that were "SPIT ON" by Indiana fans.
Here is evidence of sickening Hoosier fan behavior.

ANDERSON, Ind. (PIX11) — Police arrested an Indiana couple after video surfaced of a woman performing sex acts on a dog. Nikki Colleen Murphy-Johnson, 33, and Jason Erin Johnson, 37, face three counts of bestiality in connection with the video and photos produced in June and July of 2014.

According to WXIN, an investigator saw the video and flagged multiple posts on a website called Beastforum.

Other than little Jordy Hulls falling onto Darius Miller (who got up and walked away) I would also like to see documentation of UK players and coaches not getting a chance to safely exit the court.

I'd like to see documentation that you don't suck - oh wait never mind, that's been on clear display for how many decades now?

6d19e34420cb80414c28142e3b2664e4_400x400.png

looks like another Hoosier supporting their war on women. Don't forget a Playboy model had to cancel a photo shoot after being trampled by IU fans acting like a bunch of stampeding wildebeests.

I would most of all like to see the link to the story of "a Playboy model (who) had to cancel a photo shoot after being trampled by IU fans"!!

If there is nothing else we can all agree on, THIS story is the story we all need to see!!

rather have a home and home with Murray State. Impossible, I know. But just floating it out there to show how meaningless the indiana brand is to me

Our respective teams and fanbases obviously get a huge reaction from one another, as evidenced by multi-page threads about this potential game on IU message boards and a four page thread on this one.

More evidence (albeit, circumstantial evidence) that this game should be played.

In fact, the next game in the series was scheduled to be in Rupp. THAT would be my first choice for the location of a game this coming year. After that, if it peaks interest, the ADs will figure it out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basket...na-fans-nearly-trampled-a-Pl?urn=ncaab-wp6982

Indiana students celebrating Saturday's upset victory over top-ranked Kentucky were so needlessly careless that they nearly trampled a Playboy model.

Megan Dills, a Kentucky graduate and lifelong Wildcats fan, told VaughtsViews.com she was knocked down five or six stairs in the crush of red-clad fans trying to get to the court afterChristian Watford's game-winning three as time expired. Doctors diagnosed Dills with a sprained ankle and some torn tendons, forcing her to cancel a Playboy photo shoot this Saturday in Indiana.

"All those fans came out of their seats and rushed the floor like idiots," Dills said. "The next thing I knew, I was knocked down five or six steps. I think the guy who actually knocked me down is the one who did at least pick me up. After I got hurt, I was scared to death

I would most of all like to see the link to the story of "a Playboy model (who) had to cancel a photo shoot after being trampled by IU fans"!!

If there is nothing else we can all agree on, THIS story is the story we all need to see!!

Since you're incapable of a Google search - one of several accounts. NOTHING like this ever happens in Rupp in the student section or anywhere else.

http://vaughtsviews.com/sports/coll...cle_1a84917b-a019-57b2-8dc6-79681dcaf360.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT