ADVERTISEMENT

NOOO! UK and IU in Talks to Renew Rivalry

Do you want UK to renew the series with IU?

• Yes, either a Home and Home or Neutral Sites are OK.

Votes: 77 16.8%
  • Yes, but only if it is at Neutral Sites, such as Indianapolis and Louisville.

Votes: 98 21.4%
  • No.

Votes: 283 61.8%

• Total voters
Absolutely not. After the way they treated our fans in the last game in Bloomington, they waived their right to ride on our elite coat tails. I wouldn't even support a neutral site series. Actions have consequences and those Neanderthals have earned the IGNORE button by UK.

Reactions: lonewildcat
Kansas or Arizona or Mich. State would be better than renewing a home on home with IU. In fact I would prefer any of the traditional power teams.

We get nothing out of it. They're a nobody. We would benefit more from recruiting by playing west coast teams.

No... They need us, we don't need them or their garbage fan base. Ucla, zona, or michigan state would be far more enjoyable games.

Reactions: Brando Mac
Don't need the game we play tougher teams every year anyway. If people want to play a good team in Indiana we could schedule Purdue, Notre Dame, or Butler.

Last edited:
My vote is no. No need to lower our program to their level of competition. Besides my stomach can't deal with clappy on a yearly basis.

I would be OK with it provided it was played in neutral sites as we told them before, in my thinking they forfeited the right to a home and home when their fans stampeded and injured some of our fans.

Yes. I love heated rivalry games between two fan bases that can't stand each other. Players love those types of games too.

I would prefer a neutral site deal...but I would rather have a Home/Home with them as opposed to no game at all.

I am truly amazed that the mighty Big Blue Nation is afraid that if they go back to Bloomington their fans, coaches or players might be in danger because of court storming. The high and mighty Cats are afraid of court storming? If I am not mistaken, the crowd only storms the court if their team wins. Since Kentucky is such a powerhouse why would the BBN be afraid--that COULDN'T happen again or could it?

Facts are inconvenient truths when they contradict one's point of view. Lets look at a few of those facts. Some on this board ignore these type facts, making the argument that scheduling IU would lower their RPI. That is not borne out by research on college basketball RPI. According to NCAA.com (as of April 7, 2015), here are some schools on the Cats schedule last year and their RPIs: Grand Canyon-279, Boston U-161, Montana State-323, UT, Arlington-180, Eastern Kentucky-142, and Colombia-201. Incidentally IU's RPI was 63.

Another fact, as provided by Realtime RPI.com power conference ratings, is that the mighty Southeastern Conference ranks 6th, behind most other major conferences. The ratings are 1. Big 12, 2. Big East, 3. ACC, 4. Big 10, 5. Pac 12, 6. Southeastern.

One last fact, to illustrate the weakness of the powerful SEC, here are the rankings of the SEC schools that have a lower RPI than IU: LSU-65, Tex A&M-68, Fla-69,Alabama-86, Vandy-88, S. Carolina-97, Tenn-102, Auburn-132, Miss St.-216, Missouri-218.

Funny how inconvenient some facts are, isn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Da_Bull
I am truly amazed that the mighty Big Blue Nation is afraid that if they go back to Bloomington their fans, coaches or players might be in danger because of court storming. The high and mighty Cats are afraid of court storming? If I am not mistaken, the crowd only storms the court if their team wins. Since Kentucky is such a powerhouse why would the BBN be afraid--that COULDN'T happen again or could it?

Facts are inconvenient truths when they contradict one's point of view. Lets look at a few of those facts. Some on this board ignore these type facts, making the argument that scheduling IU would lower their RPI. That is not borne out by research on college basketball RPI. According to NCAA.com (as of April 7, 2015), here are some schools on the Cats schedule last year and their RPIs: Grand Canyon-279, Boston U-161, Montana State-323, UT, Arlington-180, Eastern Kentucky-142, and Colombia-201. Incidentally IU's RPI was 63.

Another fact, as provided by Realtime RPI.com power conference ratings, is that the mighty Southeastern Conference ranks 6th, behind the most other major conferences. The ratings are 1. Big 12, 2. Big East, 3. ACC, 4. Big 10, 5. Pac 12, 6. Southeastern.

One last fact, to illustrate the weakness of the powerful SEC, here are the rankings of the SEC schools that have a lower RPI than IU: LSU-65, Tex A&M-68, Fla-69,Alabama-86, Vandy-88, S. Carolina-97, Tenn-102, Auburn-132, Miss St.-216, Missouri-218.

It is so funny seeing iu and its fan base begging for UK to play them again on iu's terms.

Nope. If we do only at a neutral site since their young fans can't control themselves.
Personally I like playing new teams every 2 yrs.

No, thanks. I would rather keep UNC or add Arizona to the preseason list. IU is irrelevant at present.

Do I want to schedule a team that didn't even make the NIT last year, and hasn't been relevant in over 20 years?

Of course not.... Lets play another program at our level: Kansas, Duke, even UConn.

If they want to play us..... make em earn the match-up in March. It's that simple.

Why do we need to play IU ? They need us but we can get someone else like Arizona St, NC St., Michigan etc.

Can you IU turds just get over the line of thought that UK, it's fans or administration has any "fear" whatsoever of playing in Gloomington? The fact is WE JUST DON'T NEED YOU and our fans certainly don't need the hassle of dealing with your knuckle-dragging, cesspool wallowing, meth-head fans.
There is literally nothing to be gained by returning to a home and home series with you Loosiers. We already recruit better in YOUR state than you do. We've replaced your spot on the schedule with better programs, bigger paychecks and more attractive national coverage. Why would we want to give any of that up to create room on an schedule that already includes Dook, Louisville, UNC and other top quality opponents?
Just let it go already!

When the Kentucky-Indiana series was interrupted, I thought it was unfortunate but I understood our reasons. Since then, watching what has happened to their program, I look back and think the decision was perfectly timed. Crean is a lousy coach and a worse person. Their fans remind me of UL fans. Maybe someday the series should be reinstated. But this is not the time. At this point, I can't think of a single thing we gain from playing them. It would not improve our schedule. It would not help our recruiting. Pass.

So playing South Florida, Providence etc... Helps improve your schedule?

Another fact, as provided by Realtime RPI.com power conference ratings, is that the mighty Southeastern Conference ranks 6th, behind most other major conferences. The ratings are 1. Big 12, 2. Big East, 3. ACC, 4. Big 10, 5. Pac 12, 6. Southeastern.

Fact is you suck Loosier.

So playing South Florida, Providence etc... Helps improve your schedule?
Coach O is at South Florida. Game is played in Miami. Cal is trying to help his friend out. UK and Cal are not going to help iu out period. Providence was a ncaa tournament team last year. They actual did not lose 12 out of their last 15 games to earn a bid. Our fans don't want to play iu anymore. Move on play ul. GBB

ADVERTISEMENT