ADVERTISEMENT

NOOO! UK and IU in Talks to Renew Rivalry

Do you want UK to renew the series with IU?

• Yes, either a Home and Home or Neutral Sites are OK.

Votes: 77 16.8%
  • Yes, but only if it is at Neutral Sites, such as Indianapolis and Louisville.

Votes: 98 21.4%
  • No.

Votes: 283 61.8%

• Total voters
Please don't give in to playing back in Bloomington. Ten SEAL teams wouldn't be able to protect our fans and players at that redneck, stinking place.

Apparently everyone in Indiana has forgotten what was actually the last game between the two schools?

I doubt Cal would ever agree to home and home after the last game at Assembly Hall. It will be a neutral court or it won't be is my guess.

I have no problem playing anybody. I would not be in favor of playing in that slime pit they call a gym. They clearly can't control their crowd, even when they win.

Apparently everyone in Indiana has forgotten what was actually the last game between the two schools?

IU won their last national championship on December 10th, 2011 and time stopped for them afterwards. The Sweet 16 game never happened.

Going against the grain on this one.

I would love to play IU every year. In a perfect world the game would be played in THE Indianapolis and we could somehow work out a deal to play in the YUM! Center when it's our turn to host. But I wouldn't be against a standard home/home deal either...despite what happened last time we played in Assembly Hall. A few idiot fans being idiots shouldn't shut down the whole series for life. Steps can be taken to assure that stuff doesn't happen again and should be written into the deal.

I love heated rivalry games. And yes...historically speaking...they are indeed a rival. And I have been to many of those games in the past. Great atmosphere for hoops.

Now carry on with the usual hatred parade that occurs on this topic.

Reactions: Da_Bull
IU needs UK to have a huge OOC rivalry game. UK doesn't need them. I'd rather play say an Arizona, MIchigan etc. Done with IU.

When the Kentucky-Indiana series was interrupted, I thought it was unfortunate but I understood our reasons. Since then, watching what has happened to their program, I look back and think the decision was perfectly timed. Crean is a lousy coach and a worse person. Their fans remind me of UL fans. Maybe someday the series should be reinstated. But this is not the time. At this point, I can't think of a single thing we gain from playing them. It would not improve our schedule. It would not help our recruiting. Pass.

Meh, I don't really care either way. I just find it funny that IU fans spend so much time hating on UK/Cal, but yet they are giddy to be able to play us again. I would have to say we hold the chips on this one, we don't need IU to solidify our OOC schedule. While IU desperately needs some type of big name opponent. Screw the home and home, lets play in Indy and see how many of their fans turn up.

Man... I will definitely lose respect for the AD it this is allowed. Have some principles instead of trying to make a little extra money. IU is only the beneficiary in any transaction with UK. IMO they blew it when they showed their collective arse the last time we played there. I want not part of that trashy fanbase or coach - and it's not because of basketball. They are just terrible people - have the principles to steer clear of them.

"The last game in the rivalry was played at Assembly Hall when IU beat the then No. 1 ranked Wildcats by a point on a last-second shot.
IU supporters speculate that bitter loss elevated Calipari’s desire not to play in Bloomington. Glass is ready to let bygones be bygones."

No, Calipari's desire not to play in Bloomington is because those fans are a bunch Knuckleheads that can't act like normal human beings.

2w59f1e.jpg

I want to play them, however I want them to publicly acknowledge they have made adjustments to insure fan and player safety at Assembly Hall.

If they won't do that, then screw'em - let them figure out some other way to get another nationally televised game.

I'd say very few in Kentucky want this series to be renewed , I have not missed it at all . We have plenty of options to play teams with fans that had some upbringing . So let Indiana say their racist and bigoted comments to whatever team will go to their gym of hatred .

Reactions: Bigbluetrue
We win this game every season by scheduling a quality opponent other than them.

Screw IU. I'd rather play UNC, Kansas, Duke, Mich St, UCLA, etc. then have those a-holes back on our schedule.

I agree with the OP who stated that this game should not be about extra money!

My preference would be at Lucas Oil (or Yum) only if a substantial portion of the proceeds went to charity. Otherwise, it should be on college campuses in front of college students. Yes, those college students might use the occasional four letter word, but hey, we all can take it.

I am pretty sure the Indiana Hoosiers men's basketball team is up to the challenge. Watching Yogi Ferrell match up with Tyler Ulis would be great. Would be an exciting game!

Cheers

I agree with the OP who stated that this game should not be about extra money!

My preference would be at Lucas Oil (or Yum) only if a substantial portion of the proceeds went to charity. Otherwise, it should be on college campuses in front of college students. Yes, those college students might use the occasional four letter word, but hey, we all can take it.

I am pretty sure the Indiana Hoosiers men's basketball team is up to the challenge. Watching Yogi Ferrell match up with Tyler Ulis would be great. Would be an exciting game!

Cheers
Further proving that the desire to renew this series is completely one-sided.

ADVERTISEMENT