ADVERTISEMENT

NOOO! UK and IU in Talks to Renew Rivalry

Do you want UK to renew the series with IU?

• Yes, either a Home and Home or Neutral Sites are OK.

Votes: 77 16.8%
  • Yes, but only if it is at Neutral Sites, such as Indianapolis and Louisville.

Votes: 98 21.4%
  • No.

Votes: 283 61.8%

• Total voters
Otherwise, it should be on college campuses in front of college students. Yes, those college students might use the occasional four letter word, but hey, we all can take it.

Exhibit A as to why this series should not be renewed and it especially should not be played in Bloomington again.

Only moron IU fan believes that UK was upset by some 4 letter words being tossed in their direction as if that is something new to them. UK sees and hears that at every single road contest they visit.

Secondly, the constant denial of the abusive and horrendous behavior by IU fans towards UK fans and the player's parents just confirms to me that we would undoubtedly see it again if UK were to make another visit to Assembly Hall. The fact that the behavior was essentially encouraged by that shitty head coach in Bloomington only makes it more despicable.

So, to sum up, F IU.

Last edited:
No way!!! And why would we want to start playing them the year they have their best team in years?

UK holds all of the cards in this negotiation. We should insist on absolutely no games in Bloomington. If IU refuses, then we go about scheduling the #1 OOC schedule as per usual, and IU can call up Hofstra to see if they are available.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... !!!

For crying out loud... this has been the suckiest UK-BBall April EVER!!! What else can happen between now and midnight tomorrow!?!

Neutral sites only....make it in Nashville at Bridgestone Arena. This way everybody can fight each other all they want before the game.

As a few others have said...this only benefits IU. If the ADs cant get it scheduled somehow it'll be perceived as UK didn't want to play. If they do schedule it and UK wins, it's status quo..."Well you guys should be able to win with all the money you pay your players, etc... OR if IU wins posters get made, popcorn boxes, phonebooks, paintings and they act like they're back! Totally forgetting about UK dominating them the last 20 years.

So to sum up what the Godfather summed up, F IU!

screw them some bitches !! let the schedule Eastern Washington and get their inbred ass beat at home again !!

face it guys they've graduated suck for next year. they are ready for more pain already. personally i'm ready for the neutral court game. if clappy can put a team together every three years it'll work.

for instance the unc game we win no matter what because frankly they cheat. the game lost its luster even though it will get crazy billing for unc's sake. especially since roy looks like he's got about three good years left. maybe to live. the champions classic is really just an espn circle jerk. from that morning to the next days shows it's the number one story with easily the most alloted time. calhoun will be on the side line, jay williams, battier will all be there with dan shulman and dickie v live via the web.

whereas the iu/uk game, is our region. they could get 50k easy for that game. because bbn of course. yeah i'm ready for it. they want more. let's drive them in the dirt. i will admit rivalry is to our advantage for experience. that is the one thing iu can bring to uk. you throw 50 thousand fans to that game and and we'd have to call it that. even if we continue to own them which has been the steady trend for almost 30 years.

there's no doubt imo that they need us and use us as a measuring stick (no matter what they say), but what could it hurt. i'm all for a NEUTRAL court matchup. preferably a dome. we need that for ff prep. duke got to play in a dome in the regional. as did we when we won our championships. put it at lucas oil and bucket house and call it a day. another win each year and let cbs have their kickoff side show with nance and the other clowns.

My preference would be at Lucas Oil (or Yum) only if a substantial portion of the proceeds went to charity. Otherwise, it should be on college campuses in front of college students. Yes, those college students might use the occasional four letter word, but hey, we all can take it.

You think our fans and players should tolerate being cussed out by a bunch of inbred meth fans?

As others have stated, this only aids the Whoosiers.

The ONLY way (and SIAP) it might help UK... is if it'd get Clappy a 10-year extension. Might be worth it then, at a neutral arena, of course.

Personally, I would love to play them again. There is no team I want to beat more than IU...based on their fan base. Bring it on...beat their ass!

If ass hall would setup video monitors and allow their fans to only watch the game streamed it may be okay. Why go into that environment otherwise? No need....UK had no injuries last time but was it luck? No need to take the chance.

I don't mind playing them again, but think it should be rotated to neutral sites.

They lost their home and home privileges after acting like savages in December 2011.

Count me in with the masses............a thousand times NO.

And this is coming from a fan old enough to remember when it was our biggest rivalry game. The self-righteous IU fan base is just the worst. They constantly perpetuate the "UK and Cal cheat" garbage. They detest us and think that we are beneath them. So why do they even want to play us?

And why would we give them the privilege?

Last edited:
ktyk5.jpg

I say get it going, don't really care where the games are played. Quick question, how many of you talking about the last game in Bloomington actually went to the game?

Count me in with the masses............a thousand times NO.

And this is coming from a fan old enough to remember when it was our biggest rivalry game. The self-righteous IU fan base is just the worst. They constantly pepretuate the "UK and Cal cheat" garbage. They detest us and think that we are beneath them. So why do they even want to play us?

And why would we give them the privilege?
so we can hear them cry while filing out of a mostly blue cladded sports arena. then laugh all year about the game. then laugh about previous years, and how each second in time our programs grow farther a part.

look, if hearing "cal cheats" doesn't turn you on, then i don't know what to tell you. that is not a downside at all, just literal proof of their jealousy. i'd enjoy that immensely to be honest. especially live. besides, there would always be more blue around. you know, because iu students can't afford to go to indy.

i haven't seen an iu fan in forever. and they were just on probation. not sure they could say ANYTHING factual that would make me uncomfortable. all that other bs is their butthurt.

WACB, I just re-watched the IU game videos you posted. Unbelievable.

That would NEVER, EVER happen at Rupp. Mitch stands right by the student section. As a season ticket holder, I've never heard them even attempt chants such as the IU students bellowed. And even if they ever did try, Mitch would put a stop to it. Thankfully, that behavior would never be tolerated in Rupp.

Reactions: UK till Death

That would NEVER, EVER happen at Rupp... Thankfully, that behavior would never be tolerated in Rupp.
Largely due to the fact that UK fans aren't subhuman scum, which cannot be said for the vast majority of Whoosiers.

I say get it going, don't really care where the games are played. Quick question, how many of you talking about the last game in Bloomington actually went to the game?
Just watch the videos posted on page 1

so we can hear them cry while filing out of a mostly blue cladded sports arena. then laugh all year about the game. then laugh about previous years, and how each second in time our programs grow farther a part.

look, if hearing "cal cheats" doesn't turn you on, then i don't know what to tell you. that is not a downside at all, just literal proof of their jealousy. i'd enjoy that immensely to be honest. especially live. besides, there would always be more blue around. you know, because iu students can't afford to go to indy.

i haven't seen an iu fan in forever. and they were just on probation. not sure they could say ANYTHING factual that would make me uncomfortable. all that other bs is their butthurt.

Well, I see them all of the time, since I live in Louisville. I've never seen a fan base feel as if it's their right and duty to come up to you when they see you are a UK fan (complete strangers), and let you know that Kentucky cheats. Happened when I was watching the Final Four in Indy in a room full of fans of the participating teams, and only one IU fan, (as far as I could tell). Guess who thought it was their duty to approach us?

A relative of mine has had a VISITOR attend our church services who happened to be an IU fan tell her UK cheats when she went up to introduce herself to him. His fiance attends there with us, and they knew my relative was a UK fan.

I just prefer not to give them any of our time. To each his own, I suppose.

Last edited:
Pick another big 10 school, that don't run over your players after the game and antagonize our fans at their place.

That would NEVER, EVER happen at Rupp. Mitch stands right by the student section. As a season ticket holder, I've never heard them even attempt chants such as the IU students bellowed. And even if they ever did try, Mitch would put a stop to it. Thankfully, that behavior would never be tolerated in Rupp.

I'm not trying to make excuses for the few that were treated poorly in Bloomington but all fanbases have idiots, especially young drunk college kids. Not a good reason to judge a giant fanbase on the actions of a few.

http://kentsterling.com/2013/05/14/...ng-andrew-wiggins-and-confused-in-responding/

IMO do the 4 game series but start with the Neutral site games first, get the fans accustomed to each other again. I remember the days of the 50/50 red/blue split down the middle in Freedom hall and the RCA dome and it was awesome to see and a great atmosphere.

i don't need to go to Iraq or Iran to know they are dangerous places and should be avoided.

Reactions: UK till Death
Just watch the videos posted on page 1

I did, I was actually there. The chants were a little much though they didn't last very long and were pre shoot around, but the "a-hole" chant is a common occurrence in a lot of places. Other than that I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, the few UK fans in our section were treated fine like any other opponents fan. I still don't see why that would be a reason to cancel a series that's been going on as long as the IU/UK series has.

I'm not trying to make excuses for the few that were treated poorly in Bloomington but all fanbases have idiots, especially young drunk college kids. Not a good reason to judge a giant fanbase on the actions of a few.

http://kentsterling.com/2013/05/14/...ng-andrew-wiggins-and-confused-in-responding/

IMO do the 4 game series but start with the Neutral site games first, get the fans accustomed to each other again. I remember the days of the 50/50 red/blue split down the middle in Freedom hall and the RCA dome and it was awesome to see and a great atmosphere.
Wow! Five tweets from random people who may or may not be Kentucky fans. Versus a stadium full of verified IU fans chanting "F*** KENTUCKY!!!!!"

Try again.

Reactions: dezyDeco
Wow! Five tweets from random people who may or may not be Kentucky fans. Versus a stadium full of verified IU fans chanting "F*** KENTUCKY!!!!!"

Try again.

So you want to cancel the series that's been going on basically since 69 and started in 1924 over a 4 letter word everyone uses? My point with the tweets is there are always a few bad apples in a huge fanbase, the chant holds nothing to what was said in some of those tweets.

I did, I was actually there. The chants were a little much though they didn't last very long and were pre shoot around, but the "a-hole" chant is a common occurrence in a lot of places. Other than that I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, the few UK fans in our section were treated fine like any other opponents fan. I still don't see why that would be a reason to cancel a series that's been going on as long as the IU/UK series has.
Series is not that important to UK now. It just is not!! Have iu play Louisville. Kentucky has moved on.

Lucas Oil and/or MSG...

They agree to consecutive neutral site games...and then MAYBE we agree to a true home and home...

they have nothing to bargain with...we bring the show and stars, the ratings, as well as the money and fan fare...

folks outside of the Kentuckiana region will watch Cal, the lottery picks, and the crazy BBN...

UK sets the terms...or they can piss off...

So you want to cancel the series that's been going on basically since 69 and started in 1924 over a 4 letter word everyone uses?
Yes.

And for the record, it's not a word I use, and it's still censored on tv.

I love to taking my children to Rupp Arena. Everyone is friendly and we have a good time. Taking my kids to Ass Hall is out of the question because it's not a family friendly environment. IU fans should be embarrassed. I know I would be if I heard it in Rupp.

Reactions: mapcatfan
Kentucky fans calling ANYONE ELSE insufferable is quite rich. You all are the most insufferable bunch of hilljacks that ever walked the planet.

And there you go, just what I was talking about it one of my posts.

Sure we have some obnoxious fans. Everyone does. But I promise you, what transpired at that game in Bloomington would never be tolerated in Rupp.

And for the record, what happened that game is not even why I don't want to play IU anymore. It's the stupid hatred, silly stereotypes, and lies the IU fan base perpetuates about Cal and UK.

Well, we've taken a step back in the past month and a half, with whiffing on these recruits and losing in the FF with a great team, so, it's understandable.

I remember them too, Da Bull. I generally attended the ones in the RCA Dome. It was great fun, and as I said, I considered them our biggest rival.

But things changed. There is just too much inexcusable venom and ridiculous accusations from the IU fan base now, in my opinion. And you can probably thank their former coach for the most of it. In turn, UK fans have begun to reciprocate the disdain. To me, it's on a different level than even U of L. Still enjoy that one.

We don't need them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT