ADVERTISEMENT

NOOO! UK and IU in Talks to Renew Rivalry

Do you want UK to renew the series with IU?

• Yes, either a Home and Home or Neutral Sites are OK.

Votes: 77 16.8%
  • Yes, but only if it is at Neutral Sites, such as Indianapolis and Louisville.

Votes: 98 21.4%
  • No.

Votes: 283 61.8%

• Total voters
"We heard IU fans had talked about slitting throats and believed that was somewhat unrealistic but the anger we felt made us think twice.Â

Also, I was not a witness to the fans who were spit on in Assembly Hall but those comments were made by UK fans that were outside of Assembly Hall after the game"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay...This UK fan was at the game, heard the "f-word" a lot, and heard that some really bad stuff might have happened, but is not sure whether to believe it.

I believe that some drunk students used the f-word a lot.

"We heard IU fans had talked about slitting throats and believed that was somewhat unrealistic but the anger we felt made us think twice.Â

Also, I was not a witness to the fans who were spit on in Assembly Hall but those comments were made by UK fans that were outside of Assembly Hall after the game"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay...This UK fan was at the game, heard the "f-word" a lot, and heard that some really bad stuff might have happened, but is not sure whether to believe it.

I believe that some drunk students used the f-word a lot.

Several thousand of your kind on video. Do you believe this or was it edited.

Either way, UK is not stepping foot in that angled POS cesspool of morons who can't handle being irrelevant for 3+ decades.

When UK has a (very) big win, the students and the campus has this reaction. Gunshots, rampant vandalism, a celebration gone amok. No Playboy model with a sprained ankle who was helped up, but I bet the f-word was used just a little bit. Over 40 fires, 300 riot gear equipped officers, houses trashed, cars flipped over, at least 20 hospitalized, and a gunman who shot one person, fired into a crowd, and ran.

A great win by a very successful UK team, but if it's safety and fan reaction that we're comparing.....

Last edited:
http://indiana.247sports.com/Board/144/Contents/IU-UK-in-talksagain--37022301

In return, above is a link for y'all. From the Indiana 247 board about the possibility of the series re-starting. Not one single reference to the good people of Kentucky. Not one single meth, in-bred, or maggot insult.
Because Kentucky doesn't have the meth problems Indiana does. For every 1 meth user in KY there are 3 in Indiana. Indiana is the meth capital of the US. I bet you like a hit here and there also. Seems like in Indiana you are either on meth or depriving gays and lesbians of their rights.

Last edited:
vpss7rf5kycyitx00dbs.jpg
indiana-anti-gay-e1427391195785.jpg

I would love to see the rivalry renewed myself. I seem to be in the minority here.

Maybe I'm dating myself, but if Indiana can become relevant than its our best rival in the sport. Louisville is more of a regional brand than Indiana and the UK/Indiana game can generate a ton more exposure. It's our only rival that can be as big as the Duke/UNC game imo.

When it's a neutral site and the crowd is split 50/50 it's awesome and no other game compares. The hatred is a good thing.

Reactions: Da_Bull
Because Kentucky doesn't have the meth problems Indiana does. For every 1 meth user in KY there are 3 in Indiana. Indiana is the meth capital of the US. I bet you like a hit here and there also. Seems like in Indiana you are either on meth or depriving gays and lesbians of their rights.

Youre right, Kentucky has had more of a pill problem the last decade or two rather than meth. Either way its a shame people take their life down that road. Everyone's affected by it one way or the other, and hopefully those that need help get it. Know what i mean?

Play the game in Lucas Oil or don't play it at all, no way any UK team should ever play again in Blowmington. Why downgrade our program to help you out, I can think of many more programs that are a better fit.

UK hating iu's fanbase and iu hating UK's fanbase is not a good reason to renew this series. Booby k hates iu and that is ok. He does not have anything to do with iu. Why cant you leave UK alone? UK has moved on!!! The truth is that IU needs this game or they would not be crawling back to UK. UK will never play in A Hall again. As a Kentucky fan who loves beating IU, I really get more satisfaction of not allowing iu to play UK.
  1. UK does not need the exposure
  2. UK does not need the $
  3. IU hurts Kentucky's SOS
  4. UK is scheduling and playing other teams
  5. This game does not help UK in recruiting
  6. Why help iu in getting any national exposure
  7. Why would anyone want to play IU???
GBB

Our respective teams and fanbases obviously get a huge reaction from one another, as evidenced by multi-page threads about this potential game on IU message boards and a four page thread on this one.

More evidence (albeit, circumstantial evidence) that this game should be played.

In fact, the next game in the series was scheduled to be in Rupp. THAT would be my first choice for the location of a game this coming year. After that, if it peaks interest, the ADs will figure it out.

Indiana and Crean made their bed by acting like fools in 2012.

I don't want to see a new Kentucky Indiana series. Kentucky can find better programs to do that with.

Youre right, Kentucky has had more of a pill problem the last decade or two rather than meth. Either way its a shame people take their life down that road. Everyone's affected by it one way or the other, and hopefully those that need help get it. Know what i mean?
You guys are fun. I actually enjoyed cutting up with Hoosierfanjm and you, we have fun on CBB also. I am fine with playing IU as long as a Hoosier coed is willing to do a Playboy photoshoot to compensate us for the one canceled due to the Hoosier fans negligence.:)

FTR, meth is much worse than pills. Many regular people out there are getting pills through legit Drs especially vets because the VA passes them out like candy and still maintain productive lives. I know from experience was on narcotics 10yrs and every pill I ever took was from a legit prescription. No one except my immediate family even had a clue I was on narcotics. Meth has no legit purposes, a Dr cannot write a script and pharmacies do not have it. Meth heads cannot lead productive lives and are engaging in illegal activity from the start. Most of the addiction to pills start because someone is injured and has pain therefore they didn't start for the wrong reasons.

You guys are fun. I actually enjoyed cutting up with Hoosierfanjm and you, we have fun on CBB also. I am fine with playing IU as long as a Hoosier coed is willing to do a Playboy photoshoot to compensate us for the one canceled due to the Hoosier fans negligence.:)

FTR, meth is much worse than pills. Many regular people out there are getting pills through legit Drs especially vets because the VA passes them out like candy and still maintain productive lives. I know from experience was on narcotics 10yrs and every pill I ever took was from a legit prescription. No one except my immediate family even had a clue I was on narcotics. Meth has no legit purposes, a Dr cannot write a script and pharmacies do not have it. Meth heads cannot lead productive lives and are engaging in illegal activity from the start. Most of the addiction to pills start because someone is injured and has pain therefore they didn't start for the wrong reasons.

I enjoy the back and forth as well thats why i'm here, not because i'm obssessed with kentucky, or I'm trying to sell indiana as a program but i enjoy the banter. One of the reasons I want the series to conintue. I agree meth is a worse drug, but pain pills can be just as bad when abused and not used at the Dr. orders, not to mention the previous ease of attaining the pills. Meth is a drug easy to manufacture with some house hold goods and a few plastic bottles. The thing about pills that have been going on lately is people addicted to oxy have found it harder to get so they have turned to heroin. Its rapidly growing in the Midwest and is the key culprit behind the HIV epidemic in scott county. Heroin IMO is as bad or worse than meth. Now I'm not trying to debate on which state has the biggest drug problem as its a nation wide problem and the northern Kentucky/southern Indiana area deals with a lot of the same drug use and issues. With that said get the game scheduled, I'd think it'd be a great thing to see with a ton of hype.

I enjoy the back and forth as well thats why i'm here, not because i'm obssessed with kentucky, or I'm trying to sell indiana as a program but i enjoy the banter. One of the reasons I want the series to conintue. I agree meth is a worse drug, but pain pills can be just as bad when abused and not used at the Dr. orders, not to mention the previous ease of attaining the pills. Meth is a drug easy to manufacture with some house hold goods and a few plastic bottles. The thing about pills that have been going on lately is people addicted to oxy have found it harder to get so they have turned to heroin. Its rapidly growing in the Midwest and is the key culprit behind the HIV epidemic in scott county. Heroin IMO is as bad or worse than meth. Now I'm not trying to debate on which state has the biggest drug problem as its a nation wide problem and the northern Kentucky/southern Indiana area deals with a lot of the same drug use and issues. With that said get the game scheduled, I'd think it'd be a great thing to see with a ton of hype.
I was just cutting up ball busting with meth and antigay stuff. I am fine with renewing the series. I agree the that pill issues and meth are sad and wish anyone suffering from addiction the best regardless of where they live. I live in TN and we are right there with both meth and pills.

I was just cutting up ball busting with meth and antigay stuff. I am fine with renewing the series. I agree the that pill issues and meth are sad and wish anyone suffering from addiction the best regardless of where they live. I live in TN and we are right there with both meth and pills.

Oh I know I can dish it out but i'll take it when someone throws it back in my face....ehh yeah...but agreed with the addiction deal. Now back to the bashing of Indiana and master debating of scheduling a has been program.

You are a good fan, good fun, and good people. Every single part of your post above is something I strongly endorse!

Cheers

The last several posts just keeps reinforcing the point that these two teams need to play. You just don't see this much hatred between any two teams in just about any sport. This is how it was prior to the BCG years and davis/Crean years. I have a few family members that are UK fans and we still get in heated arguments over UK/IU. This game needs to be played. Well done everybody, well done.

No it only reinforces why you and the rest of IU's fan base "Need" to play UK. How about IU keep working towards relevance and when they get there in 2 or 3 decades, we'll talk again? Sound fair? I think so.

I dunno a top 15 team next year playing in what will likely be the top conference, MSU, Maryland will be top 5-10 teams, Purdue/UM(if they get brown) will be top 25 teams. Those have to increase the RPI more so than a UCLA that plays in a weak PAC12. Its a semi crap shoot depending on your schedule, then your opponents schedule, but such is the RPI rating system. Not a fan of it personally but it does give a quick snapshot of a team without too many metrics involved to aid the NCAA committee in seeding.

Maybe Top 15 until reality sets in and IU falls out of the Top 30...

No thanks...if we play IU, we may as well open the door for lowly Xavier too.

Again...if IU can become relevant in the next 2 or 3 decades, maybe we'll talk. Until then, maybe we should give Gonzaga a shot at us now and then. They are certainly more worthy than IU, heck so is Notre Dame and Purdue.

No it only reinforces why you and the rest of IU's fan base "Need" to play UK. How about IU keep working towards relevance and when they get there in 2 or 3 decades, we'll talk again? Sound fair? I think so.

I dunno about that but I'm glad we didn't decide to cancel the series between 58 and 78 or 78-96. In todays game the way UK is playing some fans forget that they've had championship droughts too. I will say I believe the majority on here are good people, about the same percentage in the real world and yes I firmly believe the good people still out weight the bad. I would fully expect @CatPhight , if he were near me in real life and I was on fire to piss all over me, then down a gallon of water and urinate on me again. That's what good people do, urinate on each other when needed.

Maybe Top 15 until reality sets in and IU falls out of the Top 30...

No thanks...if we play IU, we may as well open the door for lowly Xavier too.

Again...if IU can become relevant in the next 2 or 3 decades, maybe we'll talk. Until then, maybe we should give Gonzaga a shot at us now and then. They are certainly more worthy than IU, heck so is Notre Dame and Purdue.

Nortre Dame or purdue? Neither have even won a championship, they've gone 100 years without winning one but damn if we go 28 years without one we aren't worthy. Hell ND has one final 4, 1978, Purdue has 2 the last in 1980. Please tell me you aren't serious with this.

I dunno about that but I'm glad we didn't decide to cancel the series between 58 and 78 or 78-96. In todays game the way UK is playing some fans forget that they've had championship droughts too. I will say I believe the majority on here are good people, about the same percentage in the real world and yes I firmly believe the good people still out weight the bad. I would fully expect @CatPhight , if he were near me in real life and I was on fire to piss all over me, then down a gallon of water and urinate on me again. That's what good people do, urinate on each other when needed.

I'd watch you burn and pop corn.

Another interesting note is from 91-04 UK ruled 12-2 since 05 its been 5-3 UK. I don't remember anyone in 2004 saying the series needed to end due to us not being competitive. I remember people laughing at mike davis as we all were but no one wanted to series to end. Maybe its just the invention of the internet sports message board or the immediate gratification generation but I find it an interesting view.

I'm not sure what is arrogant about pointing out that Indiana has been a sad sack basketball program for roughly 30 years with no significant success on the court, a major cheating scandal and a succession of coaches who ranged from bully to buffoon to cheater to clown. That is simply the truth. What is arrogant, if you think about it, or at least presumptuous, is the assumption that Kentucky would have any interest in playing such a program.

WOW!!! Nicely played! Slam dunk! Game over! Now watch IU fan, how we don't rush the court in this victory!

Exactly - Michigan State miles ahead of them.

There are all kinds of Big Ten teams I would put of IU in terms of worthiness...

Mich St, Mich, OSU, Maryland...err ok...maybe not all kinds but at least 4. The rest (including IU) do nothing for me.

I would rather schedule Butler than IU. Like someone already said, why would we want to schedule IU when there are two other Indiana teams that are clearly better than IU, namely Butler and Notre Dame.

Other than little Jordy Hulls falling onto Darius Miller (who got up and walked away) I would also like to see documentation of UK players and coaches not getting a chance to safely exit the court.

Do you also need documentation on Kentucky beating IU in the Sweet 16 by double digits? Sorry but why do Kentucky fans have to help IU fans with their selective memory? IU hasn't been consistently relevant in the last 3 decades...do you need documentation on that too?

There are all kinds of Big Ten teams I would put of IU in terms of worthiness...

Mich St, Mich, OSU, Maryland...err ok...maybe not all kinds but at least 4. The rest (including IU) do nothing for me.

I would rather schedule Butler than IU. Like someone already said, why would we want to schedule IU when there are two other Indiana teams that are clearly better than IU, namely Butler and Notre Dame.

You do realize ND hasn't been that great. When they went to the elite 8 this year they hadn't been past the 1st weekend of tournament games since 2003. Butler hasn't done much since they went to back-back tournament games under Stevens. Not sure they are the two teams I'd pick to make your point.

Do you also need documentation on Kentucky beating IU in the Sweet 16 by double digits? Sorry but why do Kentucky fans have to help IU fans with their selective memory? IU hasn't been consistently relevant in the last 3 decades...do you need documentation on that too?

I'll give you 2 decades but not 3. From 84 (ill sneak 1 year in)-94 they went to 7 sweet 16's that included 4 elite 8's 2 final 4s and of course a championship. I'd say that's pretty consistent. And you claim we're the ones with selective memory. Is that enough documentation?

You do realize ND hasn't been that great. When they went to the elite 8 this year they hadn't been past the 1st weekend of tournament games since 2003. Butler hasn't done much since they went to back-back tournament games under Stevens. Not sure they are the two teams I'd pick to make your point.

ND won their conference tournament and nearly beat us...that's a lot better than what IU could have done so I have to disagree that ND hasn't been that great. And it's hilarious that you say Butler hasn't done much since going back-to-back championship runner-ups under Stevens. That was less than a decade ago and IU hasn't sniffed a championship since when '87? That is nearly 3 decades. I have no problem picking Butler and ND to make my point. The last two decades (nearly 3) have been at least as good if not better than IU. And the biggest point of scheduling either of them is that neither fan base is anything like IU.

ND won their conference tournament and nearly beat us...that's a lot better than what IU could have done so I have to disagree that ND hasn't been that great. And it's hilarious that you say Butler hasn't done much since going back-to-back championship runner-ups under Stevens. That was less than a decade ago and IU hasn't sniffed a championship since when '87? That is nearly 3 decades. I have no problem picking Butler and ND to make my point. The last two decades (nearly 3) have been at least as good if not better than IU. And the biggest point of scheduling either of them is that neither fan base is anything like IU.

I hate to keep nitpicking your posts but they continue to be inaccurate. If you're picking ND due to one year its a bit foolish. That's their lone conference championship besides the 2001 Big East (west) championship which I don't think even counts. Yes you read that right, ND has a total of 1.5 conference championships. They've been to a total of 2 sweet 16's since our last championship, IU's been to 8 in that time span. I'm saying Butler hasn't done much since Stevens, who subsequently is doing very well in the NBA, other than that they haven't done anything of note. Btw Indiana was in the final game in 2002 I'd say I'm pretty accurate in saying that's as close as Butler got to winning a national championship. So far the only point you've been right is you don't like IUs fan base which is to be expected but I'd hardly say that's a viable argument to not play a team.

I hate to keep nitpicking your posts but they continue to be inaccurate. If you're picking ND due to one year its a bit foolish. That's their lone conference championship besides the 2001 Big East (west) championship which I don't think even counts. Yes you read that right, ND has a total of 1.5 conference championships. They've been to a total of 2 sweet 16's since our last championship, IU's been to 8 in that time span. I'm saying Butler hasn't done much since Stevens, who subsequently is doing very well in the NBA, other than that they haven't done anything of note. Btw Indiana was in the final game in 2002 I'd say I'm pretty accurate in saying that's as close as Butler got to winning a national championship. So far the only point you've been right is you don't like IUs fan base which is to be expected but I'd hardly say that's a viable argument to not play a team.

You're failing to see my most viable argument of all but kudos to you in your nitpicking of my other arguments. I can't deny those claims but there is no denying my biggest argument which most of the UK fan base tend to agree with..."UK does NOT need to play IU". We will do just as well playing Michigan State, Michigan, Maryland and even Ohio State. Not to mention ND and Butler. Playing ND and Butler would be just as good (or possibly better) at building our SOS as playing IU...I'm talking right now. But I still stand by IU not be relevant enough to override our extreme disdain for their fan base. Whether they have been as relevant as Butler or ND is not even the issue. If IU was as relevant as say Duke and/or UConn over the past couple decades with everything else the same in regards for our disdain for the IU fan base; you may sway me but as it is...No.

It will be easier for IU to build their relevancy resume in the next couple of decades than it will be for their fan base to repair their reputation among UK fans. To me...that's the underlying issue.

With the SEC going to 18 games, we needed a certain amount of guaranteed home games money wise. UK and Cal even said before that 2012 season started that one of IU, UL or UNC home and home games will get cut. Fans had to have UL and then the vast majority wanted UNC so that left IU on the chomping block.

Whether IU treated us great or the horrible way the actually did wouldnt of mattered ... IU was going to be a neutral court game or not renewed.

Reactions: Da_Bull
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT