ADVERTISEMENT

Fayette County Schools back in news…

So your evidence that dumping billions of dollars of lottery money has improved our education systems is that you received a couple of thousand dollars in Kees money?
You asked how it worked out, so I told you. Ask other people if you want to know how it worked for them

• Haha
Reactions: Get Bucket$
In my OPINION, I feel like funding is rarely the issue with most government systems. That implies that the US government doesn’t have enough money, and I find that laughable. What seems to be the issue, in my OPINION, is that for every 100 spent in the government, 10 dollars goes to the actual intended purpose.

The school system can always do better...but so can parents. You can't put full blame on schools and nothing on parents, as if they're victims themselves.

As far as most of your post goes, imo you've been indoctrinated yourself into the belief that schools are teaching "cultural rot." Tell me, what is that "rot" you speak of? Give specific examples and back those examples up with proof. Then you mention being "willfully blind" and the scary "radical Leftist" and then finish your spooky post whining about "activists flags." You'd fit right in in the Political Thread where life is scary and the world is against a few. Let me guess, you believe schools are training students to become members of BLM? You believe students are running around school halls pretending they're cats too? Again, shit like this is always suggested here by older generations but there's never any proof of it actually happening.

Color me shocked someone from a previous generation thinks everything is terrible now and one day a younger generation is going to be the death of him. I cannot believe we're living during a time when the left is scared of confederate flags and the right is scared of rainbow flags. Both groups of jackasses, believe the complete opposite, and yet, both groups act just alike.
Your denigrating of a "previous generation" just invalidated your entire post. Why didn't you just use the tired and worn out "OK boomer" trope? You know you desperately wanted to.
However, since you asked smugly, my idea of cultural rot is the idea that men and women can change their gender or even become neither gender somehow. Science does not back that up. But, amazingly teachers and school administrators are far more knowledgeable on such matters and parents should just shut up and let them decide what's best for kids.
More cultural rot is the concept of so-called critical race theory and the idea that white kids (in this case) are privileged and that only social justice can right that wrong.
The notion that America was founded by a bunch of colonizing racists that accomplished it all on the backs of slaves.
Finally, flags don't scare me in the least. My proof? When was the last time you saw a Conservative burning a LGBT or BLM flag? What does concern me is the mentally ill people waving those flags and the positions of power/control that they worm their way into. When they hold positions of influence over children and start pushing their twisted agendas on impressionable minds, it does in fact become cultural rot.
Here endeth the lesson.

At universities you have very smart people putting these DEI programs together. They cover their tracks really well. At the high school level, you have morons in charge. And they’re too stupid to cover their tracks.

For example, go to the JCPS Diversity, Equity and Poverty Twitter page. They tweet typical yay, rah, rah diversity stuff (funny though, as it’s pretty much just black people stuff instead of any other race). But when you switch to the likes you see some pretty out there anti-white stuff they like.

And if you take a step further and find the Twitter page of the director of diversity for JCPS, you can see he likes tweets about comparing Daniel Cameron to Uncle Tom.

These people are rotten to their core. JCPS needs to be split up.
What reallly sucks are these white SJWs who evangelize DEI, but make sure they don’t live in a neighborhood where POC reside.

Your denigrating of a "previous generation" just invalidated your entire post. Why didn't you just use the tired and worn out "OK boomer" trope? You know you desperately wanted to.
However, since you asked smugly, my idea of cultural rot is the idea that men and women can change their gender or even become neither gender somehow. Science does not back that up. But, amazingly teachers and school administrators are far more knowledgeable on such matters and parents should just shut up and let them decide what's best for kids.
More cultural rot is the concept of so-called critical race theory and the idea that white kids (in this case) are privileged and that only social justice can right that wrong.
The notion that America was founded by a bunch of colonizing racists that accomplished it all on the backs of slaves.
Finally, flags don't scare me in the least. My proof? When was the last time you saw a Conservative burning a LGBT or BLM flag? What does concern me is the mentally ill people waving those flags and the positions of power/control that they worm their way into. When they hold positions of influence over children and start pushing their twisted agendas on impressionable minds, it does in fact become cultural rot.
Here endeth the lesson.
I don't believe in the switching gender thing but you're pretending it's an epidemic when it's not. A majority of teachers are not telling parents to "shut up and let them decide what's best for their kids." Teachers actually want parents more involved, not out of the equation so they can mold kids into what you fear - the evil liberal who is open minded. Dipshits like Bevin and accounts like LibsofTikTok have taught folks like you to dislike teachers instead of trying to work with them. It's another BS "Us vs. Them."

I don't know much about the CRT stuff but slavery should be taught in schools. We shouldn't hide from our past or say "well, okay, it happened here BUT IT HAPPENED ELSEWHERE IN THE WORLD TOO." Many of the people we were taught about owned slaves. It is what it is. Heck, I've got someone in my ancestry who claimed an old woman was a witch in 1692 and that woman died in a Salem prison. America has skeletons and both the good and the bad should be taught. I watched Roots in high school. That didn't make me hate white people.

The LGBTQ stuff? I'm not wasting my time with you on that. If you're proudly claiming someone is mentally ill because they wave a colorful flag or simply want gays to keep being able to get married or think drag shows are sorta fun, you're kind of a dick. Teachers and the school system aren't your enemy. That system may have problems, but there's no grand scheme to turn your kids against you, although I doubt generations after yours are down with your anti-LGBTQ BS.

Finally, enjoy staying pissed. You were pissed yesterday, you're probably pissed today, and you'll be pissed tomorrow. And why? Because politics has you believing you're the good guy and the folks who disagree with you are the bad guys. It's a sport. UK vs. Louisville, Duke vs. Carolina, Liberals vs. Conservatives, Teachers vs. Parents, Us vs. Them. The last three examples are horseshit and not fun like a good sports rivalry. Enjoy your bubble where you're Superman and I guess I'm Lex Luthor lol.

“When I worked for a private school” seems like the least unbiased person on this topic to me.
Yeah, I saw the inside of the truly site based managed institution and, yet, you claim to know how the “private school system” works. Gotcha.

I don’t know why you think I have some kind of weird ulterior motive for supporting public schools, not everything is some grand conspiracy.
I think you should look up the word “conspiracy.” And, you just attempted to avoid the question of your bias. We noticed.

Research shows that socioeconomic status is the main determinant to school performance, so even if kids attend private school, that’s no guarantee that they’ll perform better academically.
Best indicator for a “guarantee” is to keep low income kids whose parents want more for them in failing public schools. We actually have historical data for that decision. No one ever demanded a “guarantee” from the public school system (yup, it actually is a “system”), yet failing these kids is the closest thing to a guarantee we have. If you are demanding guarantees.

With that said, why would we spend tax payer dollars to line the pockets of the people that run these schools when there’s inconclusive evidence that they work for EVERY kid.
Tax payer dollars line the pockets of people now who are motivated to avoid change so they can keep their power. You are supporting that with your resistance to change. If you think people running most private schools are lining their pockets with cash, you don’t have much insight or education on the matter.

The conclusive evidence we have is that Kentucky consistently ranks at the bottom in education. You must like that.

If it went your way, kids who don’t have the ability to attend private school would get left behind and that model doesn’t sound good to me.

No, you like the model you have now that leaves kids behind.
More funding allows for better teacher pay, more tutoring assistance, special programs, etc. You can not tell me that these poor and rural counties in the state have been funding their education systems properly because they simply haven’t had the ability to do so.
Private school teachers in my day made less than public school teachers in the same area. Let that sink in. You think throwing money at the situation is the solution without any evidence or history that such works. Yet, you demand “guarantees” for other approaches.

In my OPINION, I feel like funding is rarely the issue with most government systems. That implies that the US government doesn’t have enough money, and I find that laughable. What seems to be the issue, in my OPINION, is that for every 100 spent in the government, 10 dollars goes to the actual intended purpose.
The school where I worked had a board that was made up of education experts, community leaders, and parents. The idea that anyone at the school was lining their pockets is a foolish comment made by Matteo. People get rich off systems that manage millions and millions of taxpayer dollars. I know a dude that worked for JCPS who admitted he did just about nothing all day long at his job and no one complained.

Actually, the single biggest determining factor, with respect to student success in schools, is a single parent vs. a two parent family. And it affects black families exponentially more than any other demographic.

You can put the blame for MOST of this, squarely in the sizable lap of Lyndon B. Johnson, the man who did more damage to black America, single-handedly, than anyone in history, since the first slave ships started showing up here.

That's not opinion. That is fvcking FACT. Tagging the Republicans as the racist party (I am NOT a Republican) is a fictional narrative. Completely made up and propogated by politicians and their operatives.

That, also, is FACT.
You're welcome to debate me on this. I welcome it. But I 100 percent guarantee you this: You will have your ENTIRE ass handed back to you in a paper bag.

School Board member Jones said he didn’t want people monkeying around with the budget. A board equity member took offense. School board member issued public apology a few weeks ago and resigned yesterday. Jones was a teacher and administrator in FCPS for 27 years, including 16 as principal at Bryan Station Middle School. I highly doubt he intended anything offensive with what he said.

If you hear the term "monkey" or any variation and think black person; YOU are the racist.

Reactions: HymanKaplan
So those gender reassignment surgeries didn't happen? It's all so confusing.
No, gender was not "reassigned" in any way. Extensive plastic surgery was performed, massive amounts of unnatural hormones were introduced into a otherwise healthy body and people were bullied into addressing the dysphoric person by improper pronouns.
At the end of all that, DNA was not...and cannot be...altered.

I don't believe in the switching gender thing but you're pretending it's an epidemic when it's not. A majority of teachers are not telling parents to "shut up and let them decide what's best for their kids." Teachers actually want parents more involved, not out of the equation so they can mold kids into what you fear - the evil liberal who is open minded. Dipshits like Bevin and accounts like LibsofTikTok have taught folks like you to dislike teachers instead of trying to work with them. It's another BS "Us vs. Them."

I don't know much about the CRT stuff but slavery should be taught in schools. We shouldn't hide from our past or say "well, okay, it happened here BUT IT HAPPENED ELSEWHERE IN THE WORLD TOO." Many of the people we were taught about owned slaves. It is what it is. Heck, I've got someone in my ancestry who claimed an old woman was a witch in 1692 and that woman died in a Salem prison. America has skeletons and both the good and the bad should be taught. I watched Roots in high school. That didn't make me hate white people.

The LGBTQ stuff? I'm not wasting my time with you on that. If you're proudly claiming someone is mentally ill because they wave a colorful flag or simply want gays to keep being able to get married or think drag shows are sorta fun, you're kind of a dick. Teachers and the school system aren't your enemy. That system may have problems, but there's no grand scheme to turn your kids against you, although I doubt generations after yours are down with your anti-LGBTQ BS.

Finally, enjoy staying pissed. You were pissed yesterday, you're probably pissed today, and you'll be pissed tomorrow. And why? Because politics has you believing you're the good guy and the folks who disagree with you are the bad guys. It's a sport. UK vs. Louisville, Duke vs. Carolina, Liberals vs. Conservatives, Teachers vs. Parents, Us vs. Them. The last three examples are horseshit and not fun like a good sports rivalry. Enjoy your bubble where you're Superman and I guess I'm Lex Luthor lol.
It's now very apparent you don't even have kids.
And honestly, you sound like someone who is triggered by everyone who disagrees with you. Your positions are pretty weak when you have to start personally attacking those who hold opposing viewpoints. That's a common liberal calling card BTW. You guys preach a good game but, when you get right down to it, your big tent is intended only for those that come down on your side of things. Well, half the country...possibly more...agrees with me. I'm not mad at the 50% who see things differently but, I don't want them influencing my kids or anyone's kids for that matter.
You paint a picture of teachers caught in the middle between the Left and the Right. I'm telling you SOME teachers and administrators are at the forefront of the cultural rot being presented as normal behavior and historical fact in our schools. History is history. What happened shouldn't be revised or hidden. Science is science. Some things are immutable. Neither should be taught with any sort of slant, left or right.
I could go on but, I'm not going to change your mind and you certainly aren't going to change mine. You seem to think I am angry but, you couldn't be further from correct on that. I think we can all see who is upset about those daring to disagree with their viewpoint. But, it doesn't bother me in the least that we are on opposite ends of the spectrum of the culture debate.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
Swiiiiiiing and a miss.
It was fairly close my friend. Doesn’t change the fact that Fayette County and Jefferson County schools are dumpster fires..they will keep getting worse. But yeah keep following my threads please. I like you following me around like the little sheep that I can tell you are.

An actual, and practical "education" is, to be frank, not a very high priority for most public school districts.

And who is to blame for that?

People... The blame for all of this entire mess rests entirely on stupid voters.
You get what you demand/choose.

If you have a problem with what your are "getting" but then, every other year or so, you meander stupidly to the polling place, and,, with a slack-jawed expression on your face, just color in boxes (it's a virtual lock that your mouth moves when you are reading the ballot) , so you can get a sticker and show everyone that "you're engaged in the process" then you ARE the goddamn problem.

Here's a tip: If you don't already KNOW who is going to be on the ballot, what they're running for, and which political party they belong to BEFORE you show up to the polling place, then you should just turn around and go home, because you suck, and you're fvcking it up for the rest of us.

Stupid/lazy/uninformed voters are the biggest threat to our country.

It's not even debatable...

Last edited:
Looks like FCPS changed their mind after announcing they would end the 50 year contract with Fayette County Health Dept:
Original decision:

Oops, now we changed our mind:

Bean Counters and financial folks want the cheapest price. Board members listened to staff and constituents. Seems like a good thing to me.

Who is soft exactly because lord knows I've read on these boards that kids are soft but adults are too. So in other words everyone is soft except those who have emotional conniption fits online about their favorite sports team losing and/or a political situation? I've seen dudes here over the years post that their stomach is still in knots over the Wisconsin loss several weeks after the game. I've seen guys challenge other strangers on the internet to fights. I've seen rage posting and emotional breakdowns in text form in real time. But it's the mysterious "they" who's soft? Alrighty...

FCPS out of school again tomorrow. Long gone are the days that when school was in session, you get there the best way possible.

Who is soft exactly because lord knows I've read on these boards that kids are soft but adults are too. I've seen dudes here over the years post that their stomach is still in knots over the Wisconsin loss several weeks after the game.

100%! Those pussies are soft. Tough guys like me are upset 8 years later.

Hearing no school again tomorrow. High of 36 tomorrow. Ridiculous. FCPS is soft if this is true! What do places like Wisconsin and Chicago do..kids do NTI from Oct thru Mar due to cold weather and snow?

Some schools have heating problems. It’s probably going to be snowing at dismissal time and buses will have to drive on already untreated side roads. FCPS is more than just your little neighborhood.

Some schools have heating problems. It’s probably going to be snowing at dismissal time and buses will have to drive on already untreated side roads. FCPS is more than just your little neighborhood.
Cram it! Everyone is soft now! School was rarely canceled when these posters were children and that's the way it should always be! And bring back cursive and the Dewey Decimal System with those little index cards damn it!

(Disregard the fact that my little Catholic school in the 90s had heating problems and our bus nearly crashed multiple times over hazardous neighborhood road conditions which caused parents to complain as buses slid around but finally arrived at school over an hour later)

It's incredibly easy to sit at home and constantly complain about local society. I'd like to see some of these posters drive a bus around in potentially unsafe conditions or put their kids outside to wait for a ride when it's 2 degrees. Not only that, but school systems used to be in the habit of canceling school at 9:30 or 10:30 which ended up being a hassle for parents who would then have to leave work to pick their children up or again, rely on buses before snow arrives. Throw away common sense and let's just say the word "soft" a bunch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT