ADVERTISEMENT

Fayette County Schools hires New Principal

Matteo will never bend in his support for this guy. Curious what he’d say if it were a white conservative with a similar background.
I'd say that the superintendent can hire who he wants and wouldn't automatically assume it was a race hire. There are plenty of white conservative principals in the area don't ya know.

I see I've struck a nerve with a few of you. As they say, hit dogs holler. I'm sure all of you are deeply educated on the exact hiring practices of Fayette County schools for EVERY position they have.
The articles speculate there were legal/ administrative issues. You did read that, didn’t you?

Reactions: 80 Proof
That’s sometimes how you get rid of people you wish would get hired somewhere else.
Exactly. His old school system didn’t want lawsuits from him and the NAACP coming after them like what happened at Dunbar. But people like Mateo don’t use logic..they just go with what the government/media narrative is.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Exactly. His old school system didn’t want lawsuits from him and the NAACP coming after them like what happened at Dunbar. But people like Mateo don’t use logic..they just go with what the government/media narrative is.
Yes because there's such a strong government/media narrative on the hiring processes at the Fayette County Board of Education. What a dunce. Like I said in my previous post, you can't recommend someone to get rid of them when they've already left on their own. Also, Matteo has two t's.

He resigned back in December, you can't recommend someone so that you can get rid of them when they have already quit months ago.
You are silly and sound like an excellent candidate for FCPS administration. They would love you down at that central office. If FCPS called his old place, his old place has agreed they will not bad mouth him to avoid lawsuit in exchange for him resigning. Period!

You are silly and sound like an excellent candidate for FCPS administration. They would love you down at that central office. If FCPS called his old place, his old place has agreed they will not bad mouth him to avoid lawsuit in exchange for him resigning. Period!
And you saying that is based on what evidence? This thread is FULL of assumptions with nothing to back it up.

Liggins is awful. All flash, no substance. Shiny new logos, district wide “pep rallies” at Rupp before school starts, wasteful district positions.

There’s a school that lost half their teachers this year and they almost all went to other districts for pay cuts. After years of complaining about the principal, they all finally gave up. These were good teachers, too.
You forgot to mention that this principal, who the teachers complained about, has a major advantage of why he can't be removed.

His wife is his boss at central office! This district has got some issues for sure.

And you saying that is based on what evidence? This thread is FULL of assumptions with nothing to back it up.
I base my comments about you on your stupid posts. The rest is based on common practice in the business world. I’m guessing you are not aware of common business practices…assuming that based on again your stupid posts. You claimed “the person hired came from high praise of recommendation from the superintendent of that district”. Do you have an article that you pulled that from? I asked earlier but I have found you rarely use evidence in your stupid posts.

You forgot to mention that this principal, who the teachers complained about, has a major advantage of why he can't be removed.

His wife is his boss at central office! This district has got some issues for sure.
shocker! Liggins is awful but I’m telling you all, the school board is a huge, huge part of all the problems. If you replace the school board, there would be accountability. It’s tough to do, but you will hear me on here again in Nov advocating for a new candidate in District 1. Unfortunately that’s the only seat up for reelection this Nov.

Reactions: 80 Proof and edubbs

Different principal, because this one is a she!

Reactions: edubbs
I base my comments about you on your stupid posts. The rest is based on common practice in the business world. I’m guessing you are not aware of common business practices…assuming that based on again your stupid posts. You claimed “the person hired came from high praise of recommendation from the superintendent of that district”. Do you have an article that you pulled that from? I asked earlier but I have found you rarely use evidence in your stupid posts.
Statement from the Herald-Leader:

"Franklin was eventually reinstated to his position and received a strong recommendation from the IPS superintendent." There's my evidence, now you can yell at everybody in this thread who claims he's a diversity hire with NOTHING to back that up.

The racial undertones in this thread are quickly becoming overtones

Remember, this President was the originator of what later became the Civil Rights Act of 1964

Last edited:
Statement from the Herald-Leader:

"Franklin was eventually reinstated to his position and received a strong recommendation from the IPS superintendent." There's my evidence, now you can yell at everybody in this thread who claims he's a diversity hire with NOTHING to back that up.

The quote above comes from the FCPS spokesperson, so of course they are going to say that. Notice also it says his superintendent won’t return the calls of the herald leader. That superintendent is smart enough to keep his mouth shut for fear of a lawsuit.

The quote above comes from the FCPS spokesperson, so of course they are going to say that. Notice also it says his superintendent won’t return the calls of the herald leader. That superintendent is smart enough to keep his mouth shut for fear of a lawsuit.
Believe what you want buddy

He resigned back in December, you can't recommend someone so that you can get rid of them when they have already quit months ago.
[eyeroll]

You can recommend someone after they’ve quit if you want to ensure they leave your area. This is common in many kinds of business. Sheesh.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Well, I know what goes on there, having worked there for 3 decades, and it's a complete sh8tshow.

I'd say that the superintendent can hire who he wants and wouldn't automatically assume it was a race hire. There are plenty of white conservative principals in the area don't ya know.
It's not about race.. It's about hiring sh*t candidates.

A lot of the good public school districts across the state of Kentucky and the country are going to heck. There is a chance any of my kids or future grand kids will ever step foot in a public school. The Liberal BS these public schools are forcing on kids these days is out of control.

[eyeroll]

You can recommend someone after they’ve quit if you want to ensure they leave your area. This is common in many kinds of business. Sheesh.
Let's use logic here. He's not going to resign (or like you assume, be forced to resign) and then be rehired in the exact same school district. Who cares about area? Even if he's in the next city over, that has nothing to do with you so who cares?

It's not about race.. It's about hiring sh*t candidates.
And yet everyone in this thread immediately went to how this was about meeting race quotas and diversity hires. I can acknowledge how his past is a bit shady but assuming that he was only hired because he's black with nothing concrete to back that up is ludicrous.

And yet everyone in this thread immediately went to how this was about meeting race quotas and diversity hires. I can acknowledge how his past is a bit shady but assuming that he was only hired because he's black with nothing concrete to back that up is ludicrous.

Your naivety on this subject is amusing. Not sure if you're doing it on purpose, or if you're truly this clueless.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Your naivety on this subject is amusing. Not sure if you're doing it on purpose, or if you're truly this clueless.
My naivety? You spend your whole life arguing about everything under the sun on this site and apparently that makes you the expert.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Let's use logic here. He's not going to resign (or like you assume, be forced to resign) and then be rehired in the exact same school district. Who cares about area? Even if he's in the next city over, that has nothing to do with you so who cares?
Alrighty then.

Anecdotally, the best administrators I worked with in my time there were black, and the absolute worst of the worst were crackers. And I mean, it wasn't even f***ing close. To be sure, there were losers of all races, but on the whole; when it comes to the Clown's experience, Whitey sucked. The 3 biggest F ups at FCPS all happened under white Superintendents (during my time)

The best superintendent I ever worked with, by MILES, was Marlene Helm. She was everything you'd want in a Superintendent. Every, and I mean every decision was made with one thing in mind; what was BEST for the students.

i can confirm that the site-based council made a different recommendation for the hire. The superintendent disregarded the recommendation and hired this fellow without consultation. That is his prerogative, but it is other people's prerogative to feel how they feel and not be labelled moral criminals for having legitimate questions about the direction of the school system for which we pay millions of collective dollars and to which we send our kids to be educated. OTOH, my kids play-up from middle school for a Henry Clay sports team and I can tell you that communication and responsiveness from the school cannot be worse than it has been...so he has a low bar in my estimation and can probably meet it if he bothers to check his messages more than once a semester.

Last edited:
That was just me. I stand by it.

It's his shtick...everything is binary to him. You either blindly agree or you're a bigot. No criticism of any kind can have nuance to him...he can only see things at a basic surface assumption level.

It's why he randomly starts threads out of nowhere about things like emitt till (which no one bothers responding to) with no rhyme or reason...he actually thinks ppl are so awful that starting a thread on a child grossly murdered 70 years ago is going to produce some sort of argument and make him feel he has some level of intellectual high ground.

Knuckle dragging view of society.

i can confirm that the site-based council made a different recommendation for the hire. The superintendent disregarded the recommendation and hired this fellow without consultation. That is his prerogative, but it is other people's prerogative to feel how they feel and not be labelled moral criminals for having legitimate questions about the direction of the school system for which we pay millions of collective dollars and to which we send our kids to be educated. OTOH, my kids play-up from middle school for a Henry Clay sports team and I can tell you that communication and responsiveness from the school cannot be worse than it has been...so he has a low bar in my estimation and can probably meet it if he bothers to check his messages more than once a semester.
I had also heard the site based decision council made a different recommendation.

It's his shtick...everything is binary to him. You either blindly agree or you're a bigot. No criticism of any kind can have nuance to him...he can only see things at a basic surface assumption level.

It's why he randomly starts threads out of nowhere about things like emitt till (which no one bothers responding to) with no rhyme or reason...he actually thinks ppl are so awful that starting a thread on a child grossly murdered 70 years ago is going to produce some sort of argument and make him feel he has some level of intellectual high ground.

Knuckle dragging view of society.
You can @ me next time if you feel so strongly about me, that's a bit weak of you. You can look at my past posts, I've never once called anyone a bigot. I've only called people on what I view as their implicit bias in certain situations, something that is quite common among pretty much everyone who posts about argumentative topics.

Excuse me for committing the sin of starting a thread on a message board. I by no means was trying to start an argument, but was simply trying to suggest a movie that I found thought-provoking and emotional. I didn't realize it hurt you so much that I would do such a thing.

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman Catfan

Just an aside but the GOP in KY was behind weakening the power of the SBDM in favor of more powerful Superintendents

virtue-3.jpg

The racial overtones of the school hiring practices shouldn’t be ignored…

It’s now racist to call out true racism. What a world we live in today.
His chief objective on this forum is baiting people. If someone does not start a thread where he can bait. He starts the thread.

EDIT: I see Mateo (lol) is complaining about others arguing about everything under the sun. Uh, with whom do they argue, Mateo?

Last edited:
There's a thread like this every couple months because some poster on here gets mad that a minority got hired to lead a school or department, let's call it what it is. Until you find out who this principal was going up against for this position then how could you possibly know that this was solely a quota hire? You and everybody else posting all upset are just assuming and you know what happens when you assume?
False

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT