ADVERTISEMENT

Fayette County Schools back in news…

Jun 2, 2005
School Board member Jones said he didn’t want people monkeying around with the budget. A board equity member took offense. School board member issued public apology a few weeks ago and resigned yesterday. Jones was a teacher and administrator in FCPS for 27 years, including 16 as principal at Bryan Station Middle School. I highly doubt he intended anything offensive with what he said.

Last edited:
2001a-space-odyssey-2001.gif

Reactions: chroix
FCPS is more woke than your avg liberal led school system. Little Suzie gets her feelings hurt over Little Johnny telling a joke and all hell breaks loose.

I feel a simple resignation isn't really "all hell breaking loose" but okay. I continue to feel forced wokeness is an annoyance but also so is the constant whining about it. Wokeness isn't a top ten issue for a majority of voters so I'm unsure why both sides lean into it so much. I mean, I know why actually but it's disappointing that many always fall into it's trap of stupidity. Imagine any other country having fits and outrages over a phrase or a chicken sandwich or a beer can or a girl's doll or a book. Imagine searching back a decade in tweets to find something that might be considered slightly offensive now in an effort to play "gotcha." Like, this is the stuff people are doing in their free time when they're not working?

Let’s see if the OP will sack up and run instead of just complaining.

And damn. I forgot to take a pic of my kid’s school’s LBGT banner in the front foyer. Probably would have given you goons an aneurysm.
No doubt hanging right next to the BLM Hamas flag.

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
Dude’s a complete pussy for resigning so they’re probably better off without him.
He was actually about the only one who ever questioned anything the gang of other 3 or 4 did on the board. I don’t know if he questioned to genuinely push back or just to show the public some push back. But my guess is the board replaces him with someone who falls in line with whatever their agenda is. Then we will see what happens next year when there is an election for the seat.

Let’s see if the OP will sack up and run instead of just complaining.

And damn. I forgot to take a pic of my kid’s school’s LBGT banner in the front foyer. Probably would have given you goons an aneurysm.
I posted about those banners probably a year ago. Many on here said I was crazy, they didn’t exist, so yeah I am familiar.

Wokeness isn't a top ten issue for a majority of voters.

It's absolutely a top issue for the right. Everything from gender studies in class, to cancel culture, to as you said, outrage over chicken sandwiches and cakes. Now I'm not sure what a candidate or a group can realistically do to change this. But it's 1000% an issue for many of us.

I also dont like when my side does it too, over things like beer or Nike shoes. But it's 1. Few and far between and 2. A boycott isn't the same as "cancelling". The left wants CFA and a bakery to be shutdown or forced to do something.. the right just decides to not support a product. I personally wouldn't boycott either, if I otherwise like these things. But I guess everyone has a right to support (or not support) the things that go against their beliefs and values.

There's also 0.0% chance he resigned in his own. He was pressured and/or forced to do so, through ways that probably won't be made public.

That is how wokeness and gotcha tactics work. When a group wants to get rid of someone, but they can't through any actual merit, they use a "gotcha" tactic to find a technicality. There was probably no ill-will towards using such a common phrase as "monkeying around".. but this group likely used this as an opportunity to get rid of the opposition.

Last edited:
It's absolutely a top issue for the right. Everything from gender studies in class, to cancel culture, to as you said, outrage over chicken sandwiches and cakes. Now I'm not sure what a candidate or a group can realistically do to change this. But it's 1000% an issue for many of us.

I also dont like when my side does it too, over things like beer or Nike shoes. But it's 1. Few and far between and 2. A boycott isn't the same as "cancelling". The left wants CFA and a bakery to be shutdown or forced to do something.. the right just decides to not support a product. I personally wouldn't boycott either, if I otherwise like these things. But I guess everyone has a right to support (or not support) the things that go against their beliefs and values.
I do get some of it, but a top issue? With everything going on in the world, it's a top issue for the right? How'd that strategy work out for Kelly Craft and her campaign of anti-wokeness regarding gender and a book she probably didn't read? She received 17.2% and Cameron didn't need to lift a finger to defeat her. I know Cameron has other issues he'd like to bring to the table but I'd say 85% of the ads I've seen from his campaign are focused on trans surgeries. Who in KY has trans surgeries as a top three priority? The latest poll has Beshear up 16. I do understand it's an issue and some like Bill Maher, Dave Chappelle and others have spoken out against it, which is great. But if it's a top issue, then where is the economy, or inflation, or job growth, or the conflicts outside of our bubble, or the border reside?

I do get some of it, but a top issue? With everything going on in the world, it's a top issue for the right? How'd that strategy work out for Kelly Craft and her campaign of anti-wokeness regarding gender and a book she probably didn't read? She received 17.2% and Cameron didn't need to lift a finger to defeat her. I know Cameron has other issues he'd like to bring to the table but I'd say 85% of the ads I've seen from his campaign are focused on trans surgeries. Who in KY has trans surgeries as a top three priority? The latest poll has Beshear up 16. I do understand it's an issue and some like Bill Maher, Dave Chappelle and others have spoken out against it, which is great. But if it's a top issue, then where is the economy, or inflation, or job growth, or the conflicts outside of our bubble, or the border reside?

I think wokeness is more than just some feelings getting hurt though. To me, it's a thought process that's killing this country. And again, idk how we can change it. But I favor any candidate/party/movement that stops catering to it.

I think wokeness is more than just some feelings getting hurt though. To me, it's a thought process that's killing this country. And again, idk how we can change it. But I favor any candidate/party/movement that stops catering to it.
I'd say half of the battle is to get media outlets to stop reporting about every little thing that could even kind of be categorized as woke to try to get views. We also need politicians to stop trying to win cheap points by passing nonsense laws like the one in Arkansas that bans "woke" words in state documents, what the hell is even that? Arkansas (like basically every other state in the South) is near the bottom in every important category, is that really what leaders in that state need to be focused on?

Younger generations are much more sensitive to issues that older generations consider woke so I don't see it changing anytime soon. It's simply the times changing.

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof
I'd say half of the battle is to get media outlets to stop reporting about every little thing that could even kind of be categorized as woke to try to get views. We also need politicians to stop trying to win cheap points by passing nonsense laws like the one in Arkansas that bans "woke" words in state documents, what the hell is even that? Arkansas (like basically every other state in the South) is near the bottom in every important category, is that really what leaders in that state need to be focused on?

Younger generations are much more sensitive to issues that older generations consider woke so I don't see it changing anytime soon. It's simply the times changing.

Prolly need a misinformation czar to stop the censoring of the censors.

The last part, sure. Younger generations are always going to have differing view points. And maybe those view points are valid. But the difference today is that "wokeness" turned into "cancel culture" where we starting to eliminate people's careers and personas simply because there were newer and different views. The younger generation now tries to rewrite history and get a comedian (or boss or teacher or adversary) canceled because of something they said 20 years ago, during a time that this thought was the norm.

No matter how old anyone is here, there will come a time where your views aren't the norm. No matter how liberal and woke you might be now, come 70, there's going to be some thought or belief you once had that is no longer considered correct. Like robots or some shit. You're gonna get scolded in 2065 when some 19 year old finds out you didn't believe your roomba should be given a fair working wage.

The last part, sure. Younger generations are always going to have differing view points. And maybe those view points are valid. But the difference today is that "wokeness" turned into "cancel culture" where we starting to eliminate people's careers and personas simply because there were newer and different views. The younger generation now tries to rewrite history and get a comedian (or boss or teacher or adversary) canceled because of something they said 20 years ago, during a time that this thought was the norm.

No matter how old anyone is here, there will come a time where your views aren't the norm. No matter how liberal and woke you might be now, come 70, there's going to be some thought or belief you once had that is no longer considered correct. Like robots or some shit. You're gonna get scolded in 2065 when some 19 year old finds out you didn't believe your roomba should be given a fair working wage.
I'd say cancel culture had been around before wokeness became a big talking point. Both sides have their fair share of trying to cancel things throughout recent years (Bud Light, Chick-fil-A, etc.) It's just become that with social media being prevalent in society, everybody has a way to voice their displeasure at anything and then other people feel emboldened to complain at something else until eventually companies start losing money over some nonsense cancel campaign.

Being woke has just been relevant recently cause it's a strong buzzword for people. It meant something completely different before it became the word that the right uses to describe how liberals complain.

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof
-I'm fine with being socially aware and sensitive to other's perspective... we should all do that in our daily lives.

^the problem is when it becomes the most "important" consideration in any equation... at the expense of good accounting principals, financial stability, *actual* academic successes, safety and such.

-at this point it's a cottage industry that exists to perpetuate its own existence/populate various and sundry commitees and "councils".

^which is a shame because there is actual injustice/tangible things that we can work to remedy as a society...this shit detracts from that.

-what's happening is successful (financially and educationally) folks are abandoning the public schools systems... leaving those parents that cannot or will not contribute to their kids schooling experience. It's suicidal.

^I dont blame them. Although I'm a public school product/proponent as are my children... if I were starting over right now/had younger kids I would 100% go private.

I know whenever rudd posts there is a high chance I'll agree with it.

I'm also a product public schools. Learned a lot from them, had great teachers through my years, and made fun of the private school kids the whole time. I had several grandparents/aunts/uncles, and even my mom that were public school teachers too.

However, I send both my kids to private school. Fayette Co School system is garbage, and the elementary school in my district is one of the worst in the state. I'm thankful I have the means to provide something better for my children. I find it both ironic and shameful that many are so blinded by their love for big government that they want to prevent those with less personal income from providing a better experience for their own children.

However, I send both my kids to private school. Fayette Co School system is garbage, and the elementary school in my district is one of the worst in the state. I'm thankful I have the means to provide something better for my children. I find it both ironic and shameful that many are so blinded by their love for big government that they want to prevent those with less personal income from providing a better experience for their own children.

St X is a good school. But if you dumped the entire male population of Western High School into St X, it would be in bad shape pretty quickly. Further, St X costs what, like $13K per year. Let's say we gave out vouchers of $13K to everybody that you could use for private (or going to public). St X isn't just going to leave their price at $13K. They're going to probably raise it to $26K and waste the balance on BS because exclusivity is a part of their model (as it is for almost all private schools).

St X is a good school. But if you dumped the entire male population of Western High School into St X, it would be in bad shape pretty quickly. Further, St X costs what, like $13K per year. Let's say we gave out vouchers of $13K to everybody that you could use for private (or going to public). St X isn't just going to leave their price at $13K. They're going to probably raise it to $26K and waste the balance on BS because exclusivity is a part of their model (as it is for almost all private schools).
This example right here is my main complaint with the private school system

They'd raise prices and then the vouchers would be meaningless, sorry I should've been more specific.

Gotcha... it's no different than what the universities did with federal funding for universities. Prices would rise basically 1:1 with each dollar dumped into the system. So it would never be efficient and there would be a lot of waste.

I'm convinced the private schools of Louisville want to see JCPS fail. More money for them. The Catholics in this town do not give AF about the public schools, yet they keep voting for the idiots who are screwing the public schools up. At least just stay out of it.

Reactions: MatteoV25
I'd say cancel culture had been around before wokeness became a big talking point. Both sides have their fair share of trying to cancel things throughout recent years (Bud Light, Chick-fil-A, etc.) It's just become that with social media being prevalent in society, everybody has a way to voice their displeasure at anything and then other people feel emboldened to complain at something else until eventually companies start losing money over some nonsense cancel campaign.

Being woke has just been relevant recently cause it's a strong buzzword for people. It meant something completely different before it became the word that the right uses to describe how liberals complain.

Your head has obviously been 20 feet deep in the sand the last few years if this is your perception. Wow.

You are assuming that the number of private schools is static and no one else would enter the game.

Many times over the years, my church has had the discussion of adding a school. We don't have enough families with high enough incomes to pull it off.

If you let the education dollars follow the child, I know at least one new school that's opening in Paducah.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT