ADVERTISEMENT

Fayette County Schools to allow ALL grade levels to study Gender Identity, Expression , & Sexual Orientation

Is the teacher allowed to mention that they have a same sex spouse if the kid asks? What about having a picture of their family on the desk? What do you want them to do when kids ask?

If the kid is insightful into the topic enough to ask, then the teacher should respond in truth—but leave the rest behind closed doors (like any straight teacher should).

It’s cute some of y’all think children are so naive and that they wouldn’t talk about things like sexual orientation and sex in general on their own. Maybe a guided, short on details conversation with a trusted adult wouldn’t be the worst thing.

Thinking back to my own childhood in the late 80s, early 90s, we played “smear the queer” on the playground. We called each other gay and f-gs as an insult starting in about first grade. We talked (inaccurately) about sex among ourselves on the bus in third grade. We used to spit raunchy sex-based 2 Live Crew rhymes in 4th grade on the bus or on the playground. Most of us started whacking off in sixth or seventh grade. Many of my peers lost their virginity in 9th or 10th grade. (It took me to 12th grade, dammit. Best 18 seconds of her life!)

I knew what a gay person was conceptually before I was 8. I knew what a trans person was around age 10 (we called them transvestites and cross dressers back then). All of this shit ain’t new. My sex ed unit didnt cover homosexuality or gender identity because that stuff was super taboo back in the day, but not many people under 40 give a shit today.

It shouldn’t come as a shock that these topics are added to curriculums as norms evolve. Just like my generation got to learn about safe sex, contraception and STDs, my parents were taught abstinence only (naivety strikes again) and freaked the hell out knowing we were learning about rubbers and pills. They stupidly thought we were being encouraged or even “groomed” to have sex rather than taught how to prevent unwanted teen pregnancy. Point being, social positions evolve as time moves forward.

As I said earlier, when they turn 10, they’re ready to have these discussions because most 12 year olds can make a baby despite not being physically, mentally, emotionally or financially mature enough to handle such a large responsibility. I knew I liked girls by age 12 and wanted to stick my pecker in the first wet hole I could find. I’m sure the kids who are attracted to the same sex or feel like they’re a ____ trapped in a ___’s body know at an early age as well. The trans person from childhood I’m pretty good friends with said they knew as early as elementary school that they weren’t like the other boys, couldn’t explain the feelings until their teen years, but wasn’t comfortable coming out until adulthood because of the social stigma of being a trans person in rural Kentucky.

Ain’t nobody trying to make your kids gay or trans. Your kids are more likely to be sexually abused by a clergy member or heterosexual teacher than a gay or trans person. In a state that ranks bottom 10 in infant mortality, child poverty rate and damn near any other quality of life metric, we got bigger fish to fry than worrying about LGBT issues as if this is high priority stuff.
You should write a book about it.

I guess they could say that’s my family just like a straight person would say. If the student attempts to further the discussion further, then direct them to ask those questions at home, same as a straight teacher could say. Anything wrong with this? Would avoid discussion on gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation. No need for teacher and student to get into that any further…for the 100th time, regardless if teacher is gay or straight. But for some weird reason, some are hellbent that teachers should be allowed to discuss anything..to the point that the Ky department of education says..oh there is a loophole..of using and instead of or in a sentence..so hey teachers you are free to discuss sex stuff with your kindergarten students. Then SOME democrats rush to align with this stance, while privately some democrats are saying, this is child abuse.
Teachers with integrity. Seems some think that is an impossible combination.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Nope. People actually have kids in the system. So, might just be noise for you. Not them.
Take them out of the public school system or shut your mouth and accept it. Maybe give your representatives a lesson on the difference between “and” and “or.”

Take them out of the public school system or shut your mouth and accept it. Maybe give your representatives a lesson on the difference between “and” and “or.”
Give me the money for private school or the state allow school choice so people could afford it and you would see an exodus of students from public schools. For some reason, public school administrators fight this.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Give me the money for private school or the state allow school choice so people could afford it and you would see an exodus of students from public schools. For some reason, public school administrators fight this.
Until there’s ONE little thing about private school that is accused of being woke or some form of indoctrination and then we’ll being hearing all of this complaining all over again.

I enjoy people who talk about how kids SHOULD think but obviously don’t have a clue how kids DO think.

Private schools aren't perfect either.. but when they have to collect tuition (aka a free market), then they no longer have this form of absolute power, and parents can speak with their wallets. Woke stuff won't happen at a private school because the parents will pull their kids. And that's a good thing. No job/career should ever be able to operate with complete immunity.. otherwise, you get.. well.. public schools lol.

Also, if you spent any time in any form of private school, you'd know that these institutions are still quite "moderate" and I'd even go as far as to say left-leaning. Teachers are still generally liberal even if they work for St. Catherine's. This isn't the 1800s.

Hey, Matteo says “shut your mouth and accept it!” Sounds like prison talk to me. Are you reading to the kids this week?

Allowing mentally ill individuals and/or indoctrinated radicals to have access to the minds of our children is nothing less than neglect on the part of parents. Inattention and ;laziness have allowed this nonsense to enter our schools. Mom and Dad have been too busy with their careers and lives to pay close attention to the types of teachers and administrators that have embedded themselves like ticks into public schools. And frankly, I doubt public education can be saved. Private or even homeschooling your kids seems to be the only logical choice at this point. Both are expensive but, I guess it comes down to how much value you place on the hearts, minds and souls of your children?
Mom and Dad too busy with their careers, LOL. Mom and Dad blew off Back to School night. Mom and Dad wouldn’t make time for Parent Teacher Conferences. Mom and Dad never considered attending a PTO Meeting. Now we’re going to let Mom and Dad be in charge of deciding what books go in the school library (in case there happens to be a book where a chipmunk has two Dads) and what discussion is allowed in a classroom (in case the teacher mentions being accepting of other students because not all families look the same). This should work out spectacularly.

Mom and Dad too busy with their careers, LOL. Mom and Dad blew off Back to School night. Mom and Dad wouldn’t make time for Parent Teacher Conferences. Mom and Dad never considered attending a PTO Meeting. Now we’re going to let Mom and Dad be in charge of deciding what books go in the school library (in case there happens to be a book where a chipmunk has two Dads) and what discussion is allowed in a classroom (in case the teacher mentions being accepting of other students because not all families look the same). This should work out spectacularly.

That's every profession lmfao.

My clients barely know if their computer is plugged in, yet they want to tell ME, a Senior Engineer who shouldn't even be bothered with these questions, how their programs should run, how fast it should be, what access they needed to have yesterday.. And what do I say? "Yes absolutely, I'll get right on that". Because that's how this works. My customers don't give a shit about how I fix/create/mold their systems, as long as the job is getting done. I don't tell the CFO "well, you didn't take time to read our documentation so now I won't help you".

Why are teachers not allowed to be scrutinized? And do I get to tell teachers to take time out of their day to come learn about computers, in an effort to "make my job easier"? Does ANYONE even read the newsletters that IT puts out lol?

Also, no one here cares, not one person, if teacher's happen read a book where the two characters don't "look" the same. You're fear mongering.

What a strange mindset. The taxpayer and parent is too stupid to know what is moral, or not: what is their purview, or not; or where compassion ends and grooming begins. Just a bunch of dumbass taxpayers, I guess.

Perhaps mom and dad are too exhausted to attend these events because they bust their asses all day to pay for an educational system run by people who despise them. That would be ironic, no?

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Uh, I specifically said parents had been "lazy". You miss that part? Allowing children to essentially become wards of the state is how we got to the point where schools are celebrating the very unscientific and totally false narrative that Johnny can become Suzie.
But, yeah at the end of the day parents still have the final say over what their kids see, hear and read. And good parents can or should teach their kids to be polite and civil to their classmates who may have psychological issues. They should NOT be forced to accept bizarre or fringe behavior as mainstream or normal.

Mom and dad don’t look very good from this post. When you diminish all moms and dads because some are absent or ambivalent, you may think government should replace mom and dad. It’s that kind of government knows best thinking that makes many of the interested moms and dads move to private schools.

People who cannot support their arguments are left with the “shut your mouth and accept” it approach. Every parent with a brain, regardless of their positions, should refute that petty nonsense.
My argument itself is to shut your mouth and accept and I can support that forever. Don't hesitate to @ me next time, puss. No one is stopping parents from changing schools so if you don't like it then take them out. If you don't want your kids to hear about that stuff then take them out of class on the day that sex ed is discussed. I'm sure schools would be more than willing to send out a warning letter to parents that these topics are going to be discussed so that they can avoid all of your melodramatic nonsense. It's not the world's job to cater to your little bubble of protecting your kid from gay people (as if that's the group of society that kids even need protecting from...cough, cough, straight white men).

My argument itself is to shut your mouth and accept and I can support that forever. Don't hesitate to @ me next time, puss. No one is stopping parents from changing schools so if you don't like it then take them out. If you don't want your kids to hear about that stuff then take them out of class on the day that sex ed is discussed. I'm sure schools would be more than willing to send out a warning letter to parents that these topics are going to be discussed so that they can avoid all of your melodramatic nonsense. It's not the world's job to cater to your little bubble of protecting your kid from gay people (as if that's the group of society that kids even need protecting from...cough, cough, straight white men).
Hey, triggered dodger, support an actual argument, instead of your immature emotions and strawman arguments. 14 sounds about right.

@MatteoV25 - waiting for you and your ilk to dodge by accusing me of being a stalker. ROFL!!!

On the one hand, I hate the “culture war” stuff.

On the other hand, it does bring the lunatics out like moths to a flame. “We will subject your kids to our sexual perversions of discussing sex with children if we damn well please, so shut your mouth and like it, or move your kids far away from us” is quite the position to have on any topic.

As many of us have noted, we will be keeping our kids far, far away from you lunatics.

I just feel bad for the poor kids who are stuck in your little sex fantasy prisons.

Hey, triggered dodger, support an actual argument, instead of your immature emotions and strawman arguments. 14 sounds about right.

@MatteoV25 - waiting for you and your ilk to dodge by accusing me of being a stalker. ROFL!!!
Shut your mouth and accept it sounds like an actual argument to me. Sometimes that's just a reality that we as adults need to accept in life. Sorry to disappoint you perverts but I am WELL over the age of 14.

On the one hand, I hate the “culture war” stuff.

On the other hand, it does bring the lunatics out like moths to a flame. “We will subject your kids to our sexual perversions of discussing sex with children if we damn well please, so shut your mouth and like it, or move your kids far away from us” is quite the position to have on any topic.

As many of us have noted, we will be keeping our kids far, far away from you lunatics.

I just feel bad for the poor kids who are stuck in your little sex fantasy prisons.
Maybe I'm misreading the article that this whole thread is about but it just sounds Fayette county will START discussing sex ed once kids reach middle school which to me seems like a normal age. That's when it started for me and I vividly remember it being a fun day because we got to make jokes about it instead of having regular class. You old farts who haven't seen a classroom in half a century think that EVERY kid is gonna want to turn gay and starting jumping into each other's beds and that isn't the case.

Maybe I'm misreading the article that this whole thread is about but it just sounds Fayette county will START discussing sex ed once kids reach middle school which to me seems like a normal age. That's when it started for me and I vividly remember it being a fun day because we got to make jokes about it instead of having regular class. You old farts who haven't seen a classroom in half a century think that EVERY kid is gonna want to turn gay and starting jumping into each other's beds and that isn't the case.

You are misreading the article.

No one is worried about kids “turning gay” (I thought the whole point was people are born gay, but that’s a topic for another day I guess). We are worried about kids being around adults who have such a strong desire to talk with kids about sexuality and sexual preferences.

You guys fight this shit tooth and nail. Ron Desantis can’t even read the books you want in children’s libraries on the evening news because they are too vulgar. For some weird reason, you need to have drag shows in and around schools.

Just leave the goddam kids alone. No one gives a shit if you’re gay. No one gives a shit if you want to dress in drag or have a drag show for adults.

Just keep the goddam kids out of it.

Shut your mouth and accept it sounds like an actual argument to me. Sometimes that's just a reality that we as adults need to accept in life. Sorry to disappoint you perverts but I am WELL over the age of 14.
It’s not an argument. Your misunderstanding is the root of your triggered responses. I am sorry. I did not realize you actually thought that was a real argument. What school did you attend?

You are misreading the article.

No one is worried about kids “turning gay” (I thought the whole point was people are born gay, but that’s a topic for another day I guess). We are worried about kids being around adults who have such a strong desire to talk with kids about sexuality and sexual preferences.

You guys fight this shit tooth and nail. Ron Desantis can’t even read the books you want in children’s libraries on the evening news because they are too vulgar. For some weird reason, you need to have drag shows in and around schools.

Just leave the goddam kids alone. No one gives a shit if you’re gay. No one gives a shit if you want to dress in drag or have a drag show for adults.

Just keep the goddam kids out of it.
You read the article and tell me what it's about because I don't remember reading anything about drag queens or Ron DeSantis.

It’s not an argument. Your misunderstanding is the root of your triggered responses. I am sorry. I did not realize you actually thought that was a real argument. What school did you attend?
Do you live in a world where everyone caters to what you want or is it the case that sometimes you have to adapt to what happens around you and adjust accordingly AKA shut your mouth and accept it?

Do you live in a world where everyone caters to what you want or is it the case that sometimes you have to adapt to what happens around you and adjust accordingly AKA shut your mouth and accept it?

You want people to adapt to inane foolishness? No thanks.

I promote a world where people’s coherent voices matter and where people should raise their kids and protect them as they see fit. I promote a world where elected officials actually listen to their constituents concerns and, when they don’t, have to accept the electoral ramifications of their ignorance. I know that world is threatened today by the “shut up and take it” mentality, but that is not a debate strategy anyone should bow to.

You want people to adapt to inane foolishness? No thanks.

I promote a world where people’s coherent voices matter and where people should raise their kids and protect them as they see fit. I promote a world where elected officials actually listen to their constituents concerns and, when they don’t, have to accept the electoral ramifications of their ignorance. I know that world is threatened today by the “shut up and take it” mentality, but that is not a debate strategy anyone should bow to.
You live in a dream world

I’ve given you two chances to name and claim this unscientific nonsense. You don’t have the guts to do so, which is no surprise. If you actually want to know how this kind of “education” may look, here’s an article with an overview of the LA district’s “policy”.

https://nypost.com/2022/07/22/las-radical-gender-theory-material-will-harm-k-12-kids/amp/
Do you live in LA? I know I don't so what in the world should it matter what people in LA do? My guts are telling you to read the article that we've been talking about so you can have a bit of knowledge on the topic at hand.

Given we all pay taxes for public school funding regardless of whether we send our kids to private school or not gives everyone a voice. So stop with the teenage overly dramatic response and argue a point.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Given we all pay taxes for public school funding regardless of whether we send our kids to private school or not gives everyone a voice. So stop with the teenage overly dramatic response and argue a point.
Shut your mouth and accept my response. Thanks

You cannot just command foolishness to accept wisdom. All you can do is knock the dust off your shoes and move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT