ADVERTISEMENT

Fayette County Schools - Going to Gender Neutral Bathrooms

I didn’t use the words biological sex anywhere in my response to your original post (which you left off here). Reading is key.
Oh I know you didn't. But what you're doing is trying to make this a "those creepy boys in the girls bathroom" issue, when it's not that at all. You WANT it to be about that because it's the only way to get what what you want. What this is really about is allowing people to be themselves, whatever they are, and allowing them to do so I'm an environment that doesn't ostracize them as long as they are not physically harming others. This whole "shoving it down our throats" that people are throwing around every time their worldview is at risk of changing, needs to stop.

Like Matteo relies on google.com and dictionary.com (his words, not mine) to determine if he is a man or not, I’m guessing Noci also often googles a lot of his values and beliefs as well.
Not my words either but an absolutely incredible spin job you just did on what I said, congrats to you. Crazy that I get grilled for using Google of all things (wonder how you managed to find all the articles you use for your bitching, Bing maybe?), so strange. And I guess it's frowned upon to mockingly use dictionary.com.

Just a tragedy that you didn't bother to @ me either, the internet equivalent of talking behind someone's back. Absolutely weak of you.

• Haha
Reactions: Caveman Catfan
They’re changing bathrooms to accommodate lifestyle choices? Have I got that right?

Considering I was replying to another poster about their definition of the term ally, and not about bathrooms, no, you don’t have that right.

But honestly, if we’re moving to just toilets with floor to ceiling doors that anyone can use with open handwashing areas, who cares? Our ancestors used gender neutral outhouses before indoor plumbing and seemed OK with it. I guess “where folks shit” has never been high on my manufactured outrage list.

Not my words either but an absolutely incredible spin job you just did on what I said, congrats to you. Crazy that I get grilled for using Google of all things (wonder how you managed to find all the articles you use for your bitching, Bing maybe?), so strange. And I guess it's frowned upon to mockingly use dictionary.com.

Just a tragedy that you didn't bother to @ me either, the internet equivalent of talking behind someone's back. Absolutely weak of you.
lol. Figured I could draw you out. But no, I did not make that up.

Check page 3

Last edited:
Oh I know you didn't. But what you're doing is trying to make this a "those creepy boys in the girls bathroom" issue, when it's not that at all. You WANT it to be about that because it's the only way to get what what you want. What this is really about is allowing people to be themselves, whatever they are, and allowing them to do so I'm an environment that doesn't ostracize them as long as they are not physically harming others. This whole "shoving it down our throats" that people are throwing around every time their worldview is at risk of changing, needs to stop.
Allow whatever, even when it infringes on someone else, unless you are that radical that wants it, then it’s wrong to oppose it..this stuff gets confusing! Anyways, what is wrong with giving each their own: boys, girls, nonbinary?

For almost all of them, being themselves is not a lifestyle choice. It's who they are. Get that, and you'll have it right. My ignore button is working overtime today. I'm okay with discussion, as long as the goal is compromise. Blatant displays of willful ignorance and misinformation mongering is a no-go.
So you seek discussion that only affirms what you want to believe. Is that correct?

Have to give you props, I was really trying to make an effort to take a break from posting but you can always bet on me replying when someone talks about me without the trusty @ attached.

I went back and checked just to make sure I wasn't remembering wrong so let me help you as well. When I was specifically asked why I thought I was a man, my answers included multiple "your mom" jokes, a reference to me having a penis, and because I view myself as a man.

The dictionary.com reference was when someone simply asked what is a man. Glad to have you caught up.

Considering I was replying to another poster about their definition of the term ally, and not about bathrooms, no, you don’t have that right.

But honestly, if we’re moving to just toilets with floor to ceiling doors that anyone can use with open handwashing areas, who cares? Our ancestors used gender neutral outhouses before indoor plumbing and seemed OK with it. I guess “where folks shit” has never been high on my manufactured outrage list.
So I’ll ask you a very basic question, like I’ve asked someone else today- do you have a daughter?

What if they decide tomorrow to not be the gender they’ve chosen today?

I can answer this one. Probably won’t happen.

I personally know several gay and trans people. None of them had a phase or whatever and turned back straight or back to their biological sex. They all knew around adolescence that they were “different,” but most chose to just live a lie within social norms to avoid how they would be treated by parents with your mindset. One of my gay friends was completely disowned by his family at 17 because he told them he was gay. To me, that’s shitty parenting. To you, that was probably the right call.

• Haha

They still get to use the same bathroom.
That’s not really the reason I asked that. Just trying to determine why society must make permanent adjustments to cater to shifting and likely temporary mental states.

But since you went in that direction, I’ll ask this: If we must validate individual needs for affirmation by getting rid of gender specific bathrooms, should we not then also provide affirmation by encouraging other ways to affirm identity such as sex changes? (Even though, strangely, sex and gender aren’t connected.)

To me, that’s shitty parenting. To you, that was probably the right call.
I can’t help but get the feeling that open discourse is not actually what drives you. Personal attacks don’t really help make the case that it is.

As for the point, you don’t think there are a whole lot of confused kids right now who could change identities on a near weekly basis? Since that’s what adolescents have always done?

Reactions: hmt5000
So I’ll ask you a very basic question, like I’ve asked someone else today- do you have a daughter?

Nope. But I have five nieces ages 14-26, the eldest of whom is a lesbian who’s been “out” since she was a junior in high school and another who lived with us for a couple years during a period of instability in her household resulting in her parents’ divorce and her dad’s conviction of second degree assault for beating my sister in law very badly in front of the kids.

So I have been highly involved in the lives of my nieces for the better part of two decades and have shown up for two of them more often than their sperm donor, I mean dad, but I guess because I don’t have a daughter of my own, I just won’t know what it’s like to be scared about bathrooms.

Nope. But I have five nieces ages 14-26, the eldest of whom is a lesbian who’s been “out” since she was a junior in high school and another who lived with us for a couple years during a period of instability in her household resulting in her parents’ divorce and her dad’s conviction of second degree assault for beating my sister in law very badly in front of the kids.

So I have been highly involved in the lives of my nieces for the better part of two decades and have shown up for two of them more often than their sperm donor, I mean dad, but I guess because I don’t have a daughter of my own, I just won’t know what it’s like to be scared about bathrooms.
Ok. Thank you. I don’t either. But my impressions of the conversations that parents have with daughters is often to reinforce that they can’t allow themselves to get in situations around boys where they could be harmed. After all, these days we basically tell women that men are inherent rapists.

So I can’t help but wonder why some people would think that just changing up the way bathrooms are designed does anything to alleviate the way girls may feel about the situation.

Maybe some dads who have daughters can comment.

I can’t help but get the feeling that open discourse is not actually what drives you. Personal attacks don’t really help make the case that it is.

As for the point, you don’t think there are a whole lot of confused kids right now who could change identities on a near weekly basis? Since that’s what adolescents have always done?

Pardon me if I misinterpreted your tone. You seemed to be coming across as someone who doesn’t like the LGBTQ community. If I misconstrued your intent, that’s on me.

Your last point is a fair one because we all went through phases at that age too. Mine weren’t sexual, but more based on dress/music/who I hung out with. But, I really don’t know of many who went straight/gay/straight or boy/girl/boy like I went country/grunge/gangsta/prep.

I don’t believe sexual orientation/identity is a choice. It’s hardwired. Did you ever make a conscious decision to be attracted to women? I know I didn’t.

I also don’t believe anyone chooses to be gay or trans in a hetero-dominant society. Why would anyone willingly open themselves to the hostility, ridicule and torment for going against the societal grain?

I am happy these folks are treated better than they were in my youth 30-35 years ago, and honestly, I was bigoted towards those same groups when I was young, and admittedly, ignorant. Regret it now and have changed my way of thinking because life is too short to hate someone because their sexual preferences are different from mine.

I am an ally of women. :)

Do you want creepy men/boys in women’s/girl’s bathrooms? 😬

Last edited:
I can answer this one. Probably won’t happen.

I personally know several gay and trans people. None of them had a phase or whatever and turned back straight or back to their biological sex. They all knew around adolescence that they were “different,” but most chose to just live a lie within social norms to avoid how they would be treated by parents with your mindset. One of my gay friends was completely disowned by his family at 17 because he told them he was gay. To me, that’s shitty parenting. To you, that was probably the right call.

@MatteoV25, Mega likes to cite to “several” gay and trans people he knows when supporting his positions in this thread. Gonna accuse him of a confirmation bias???

I @ed you so you would not get pissy.

Check page 3
Your "Check page 3" edit doesn't help prove your point like you thought it did. Once again, my dictionary.com post was in reference to questions that were plainly about what makes someone a man, not how I define myself.

• Haha
Reactions: LowerLevelSeatA
I don’t believe sexual orientation/identity is a choice. It’s hardwired.
You don’t think it’s a choice to pick one of 72+ genders?

This is what I have been gently trying to drive at- is it wise to change a bunch of things around to satisfy what is essentially (for a lot of people) not their sexual identity, but their perceived (and subject to change) social identity.

You don’t think it’s a choice to pick one of 72+ genders?

This is what I have been gently trying to drive at- is it wise to change a bunch of things around to satisfy what is essentially (for a lot of people) not their sexual identity, but their perceived (and subject to change) social identity.

Would you mind listing the 72+ genders you’re referring to, if you don’t mind?

@MatteoV25, Mega likes to cite to “several” gay and trans people he knows when supporting his positions in this thread. Gonna accuse him of a confirmation bias???

I @ed you so you would not get pissy.
Sure, would that help you finally acknowledge your own confirmation bias? I'd guess it probably wouldn't

Sure, would that help you finally acknowledge your own confirmation bias? I'd guess it probably wouldn't

I told you why I quoted my friend. It’s your bias that keeps driving your obsessed accusations.

You don’t want to see it, because you don’t like the fact that a man of science who is far more learned on the subject than you and has an obvious motivation to acquiesce to the Alphabet Cult disagrees with you and the cult. It’s your bias that has you belittling him by repeatedly failing to acknowledge he is a MD. He is a gay man who won’t stay on your gay reservation. So, you belittle and demean. It is typical for the left.

I wonder if kids sit around all day arguing about wokeism, gender fluidity, political leanings, racism, dei issues, virtue signaling, etc.

Probably not.

My guess is they’ll just go to the bathroom, do their business, then leave. The rest of us should do the same.

This doesn't sound like the bathroom facilities Riley Gaines and other women's athletes are forced to share with naked trannies walking around with hard-ons.

When politically forced, demo☭rats sometimes pretend to have a few moral principles, but the evidence always shows that they really dgaf.

I told you why I quoted my friend. It’s your bias that keeps driving your obsessed accusations.

You don’t want to see it, because you don’t like the fact that a man of science who is far more learned on the subject than you and has an obvious motivation to acquiesce to the Alphabet Cult disagrees with you and the cult. It’s your bias that has you belittling him by repeatedly failing to acknowledge he is a MD. He is a gay man who won’t stay on your gay reservation. So, you belittle and demean. It is typical for the left.
Still triggered over your chemist buddy I see.

Yeah, you clearly quoted him because he shares your beliefs on the matter. I plainly asked you if your doctor friend's opinions on the matter would hold as much weight to you if they were on the opposite side and you ducked it time and time again.

Let me take a moment to praise his holiness, Caveman's doctor friend. I never meant to belittle or demean him by calling him a chemist after you called him a chemist first or by calling him an anecdote after you used him as an anecdote. I acknowledge him as an MD, big props to him.

What tf is a gay reservation?

Would our new thread participant @NociHTTP like to take a shot at defining what a man is? Please no circular or ambiguous definitions.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: cole854
Still triggered over your chemist buddy I see.

Yeah, you clearly quoted him because he shares your beliefs on the matter. I plainly asked you if your doctor friend's opinions on the matter would hold as much weight to you if they were on the opposite side and you ducked it time and time again.

Let me take a moment to praise his holiness, Caveman's doctor friend. I never meant to belittle or demean him by calling him a chemist after you called him a chemist first or by calling him an anecdote after you used him as an anecdote. I acknowledge him as an MD, big props to him.

What tf is a gay reservation?

The Alphabet Cult makes a lot of claims you have echoed in this thread that are not science. So, I admit that if my friend or anyone touted nonsensical statements about gender, I would not find them credible or rational. When you duck and dodge as much as you did about gender and simple straightforward definitions, we know that you have a cause without a foundation. If you were my doctor friend, I would beg you to seek help.

And, if anyone is unlikely enough to have followed this discourse, they know you intended to demean my friend because, to you, he is not the right kind of gay man.

Would our new thread participant @NociHTTP like to take a shot at defining what a man is? Please no circular or ambiguous definitions.

Thanks in advance.

Let me get out there that I am also an ally of men. Just not the creepy men who want to get into women’s bathrooms and locker rooms.

The Alphabet Cult makes a lot of claims you have echoed in this thread that are not science. So, I admit that if my friend or anyone touted nonsensical statements about gender, I would not find them credible or rational. When you duck and dodge as much as you did about gender and simple straightforward definitions, we know that you have a cause without a foundation. If you were my doctor friend, I would beg you to seek help.
So in the scenario I laid out, you wouldn't like the fact that a man of science who is far more learned on the subject than you has an opinion that you view as "not science." What makes you think that you know more than a man of science? How hypocritical of you and very much an example of confirmation bias. I, at least, can use resources found on Google like studies and other forms of research on the matter. You're just spouting off at the mouth about things that you don't like.
And, if anyone is unlikely enough to have followed this discourse, they know you intended to demean my friend because, to you, he is not the right kind of gay man.
The right kind of gay man? What an assumption from you again. I very much resent that. I plainly stated in earlier pages of this thread that he can think what he wants, I have no problems with him having his opinion. My issue is you using him as an anecdote to try to boost the reasoning behind your beliefs.

The right kind of gay man? What an assumption from you again. I very much resent that. I plainly stated in earlier pages of this thread that he can think what he wants, I have no problems with him having his opinion. My issue is you using him as an anecdote to try to boost the reasoning behind your beliefs.

Not believable. You repeatedly attempted to demean his education. There was no reason to do that to make the hypothetical case you now claim.

That said, I will take his opinion over your Google attempt to define women and men. Lol

Not believable. You repeatedly attempted to demean his education. There was no reason to do that to make the hypothetical case you now claim.

That said, I will take his opinion over your Google attempt to define women and men. Lol
You attempted to mock my education until you found out that my degrees weren't ridiculous enough to try to make a joke out of. I sense a triggered crier.

You attempted to mock my education until you found out that my degrees weren't ridiculous enough to try to make a joke out of. I sense a triggered crier.

I did not say your degrees were not ridiculous. There are a lot of people walking around today with useless MBAs.

Nevertheless, not relevant.

I wonder if kids sit around all day arguing about wokeism, gender fluidity, political leanings, racism, dei issues, virtue signaling, etc.

Probably not.

My guess is they’ll just go to the bathroom, do their business, then leave. The rest of us should do the same.
I wonder if grown men think adolescents adopt all their views and proscriptions about the world because, you know, it seems real simple to a grown man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT