ADVERTISEMENT

Zvonimir Ivisic Update (Not Good) from Buzz Baker

It’s always positive news then 3 hours later we get context and it’s no longer positive news. I for sure don’t think we see Bradshaw against Miami and are now skeptical he plays on Saturday against unc wilmington
This is absolutely absurd! Get the kid ready, Cal! Damn!

"They don’t expect him to be cleared before the 45 day clearing period, so after the cutoff date (sometime next week) he won’t be able to practice any longer until he is cleared."

Not only do they NOT make a timely decision, but they force him to STOP practicing with the team. What a joke.

I've been saying all along, that when the 45 days are up & it's time for the NCAA to rule that they would say that we need an additional 30 days to gather more information. If Big Z had had done something to make him ineligible they would have already ruled him ineligible. The crooks at the NCAA are doing everything that they can do to slow walk this to hurt UK. I don't know who's more corrupt the NCAA or the justice department in Washington.

He might need to go back to his own country. America seems to be killing him. How many different excuses of various health problems are we going to get this year?

I get that the real reason is something to do with eligibility, but why keep coming up with phony reasons he's not at the games?

We won’t see Z play at UK. There comes a point where he doesn’t fit in with the team’s chemistry.
Very real possibility. However, given the propensity with this program for injuries, there is a real possibility he will get a lot of playing time if cleared to play.

I know, I really went out on a limb with this prediction. (safe bet)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I've been saying all along, that when the 45 days are up & it's time for the NCAA to rule that they would say that we need an additional 30 days to gather more information. If Big Z had had done something to make him ineligible they would have already ruled him ineligible. The crooks at the NCAA are doing everything that they can do to slow walk this to hurt UK. I don't know who's more corrupt the NCAA or the justice department in Washington.
I was about to like this, but then you go all political at the end...

Reactions: Fox2monk
He might need to go back to his own country. America seems to be killing him. How many different excuses of various health problems are we going to get this year?

I get that the real reason is something to do with eligibility, but why keep coming up with phony reasons he's not at the games?
Not convinced they are phony reasons. Maybe the kid has a weak immune system. Lots of sick going around lately as it is the winter flu season, and COVID is still hanging around.

I want the big guys back, but really appreciate that cal cannot plod the whole game.
Same, I think we only need 1 of the 3 back. The small ball lineup and the offense it allows us to run works perfectly for our teams makeup. If all three were available from day one I don’t think we end up as good as we will be come March.

Same, I think we only need 1 of the 3 back. The small ball lineup and the offense it allows us to run works perfectly for our teams makeup. If all three were available from day one I don’t think we end up as good as we will be come March.
Small ball, hitting this many threes, low TOs and low fouling may be enough to overcome opponents' rebounding and inside game. We nearly took down KU without a big guy, and probably would have if just a couple of those threes there at the end dropped.

Defense, however, is another thing. If we can improve on perimeter and lane driving defense, and keep up this shooting, we may not even need a big man. Except I'm hesitant to have a team living and dying by the three ball...

Small ball, hitting this many threes, low TOs and low fouling may be enough to overcome opponents' rebounding and inside game. We nearly took down KU without a big guy, and probably would have if just a couple of those threes there at the end dropped.

Defense, however, is another thing. If we can improve on perimeter and lane driving defense, and keep up this shooting, we may not even need a big man. Except I'm hesitant to have a team living and dying by the three ball...
Marshall got to the basket a lot. Got to have at least one big guy in there hopefully.

Yes. Expect foul trouble in the good ol SEC especially on the road.

Not to mention, injuries to a guy who already has a gimpy foot, but also, what if he's simply not that good as a freshman?

I'd really prefer to have 2 of these guys.

Reactions: ACT ONE

I imagine teams will start to game plan for our small size. And there's going to be days where our shots don't fall and the opponent kills us on the rebounds. At some point, we're going to need at least ONE big to be in the paint. And you better believe the NCAA is going to throw every team with a formidable front court our way in the tournament. Purdue is already in our region, I'm 100% convinced.

You know once Bradshaw begins play Cal will give starter minutes whether he helps or hurts the team. When coming back from injury there is no guarantee any player will have the same court abilities.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Well, on the bright side, I’m not sure we have room in our rotation for him anyways.

Cal rarely uses any more than an eight man rotation, and with the amount of playing time that our first seven have already proven they deserve, there’s really only room for about one more player to make a bid for significant playing time.

If we add just one of those three seven footers (and sounds like Bradshaw is about ready), do we really even need the other two?

Yeah, at least 1 of Ivisic or Ugonna, or else you're 1 injury away from being right back where we started. And nobody knows how good Bradshaw is gonna be, so yes you need another body.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Shame on the NCAA for during this young man this way, to bad they do not have anyone that can investigate them.
This is not entirely the doing of the NCAA. There's no doubt in my mind that if Cal has to choose between hurrying the process and the kid being exposed, and staying back in the shadows until it's too late enabling him to say the kid is too far behind to play, Cal's going with the second option.

You know once Bradshaw begins play Cal will give starter minutes whether he helps or hurts the team. When coming back from injury there is no guarantee any player will have the same court abilities.

And he probably should. We're likely not winning anything without SOME semblance of a front court. Aaron needs all the minutes he can play in hopes of being a big piece come March.

They're just hurting B Z more than Kentucky.
The Cats are scoring 118 points. And Kick'n azz!

Mitch Barnhart needs to get off his ass for once and start making public statements and putting public pressure on the NCAA here.

So sick and tired of Barnhart just laying down and taking it.

UNC's wide receiver got his waiver denied and the entire athletic department put the NCAA on absolute blast, and IT WORKED, the NCAA reversed it's decision.

It's time for Barnhart to stop being such a pu$$y.

This is not entirely the doing of the NCAA. There's no doubt in my mind that if Cal has to choose between hurrying the process and the kid being exposed, and staying back in the shadows until it's too late enabling him to say the kid is too far behind to play, Cal's going with the second option.
The "kid" is seven feet tall. Even just standing in the post for 10 minutes a game he'll alter some shots. That will give us something we haven't had yet.

The "kid" is seven feet tall. Even just standing in the post for 10 minutes a game he'll alter some shots. That will give us something we haven't had yet.

Yeah we desperately need that size anchoring the paint. It'll allow some of our guys to stay home on shooters more often instead of having to rotate down to help, knowing they have a 7'2 rim protector down there.

We'll hit a different level defensively, without having to sacrifice much spacing offensively given both of their skillsets.

Really hope Bradshaw finds a way to play Tuesday.

We need a win Tuesday- BADLY.

Mitch Barnhart needs to get off his ass for once and start making public statements and putting public pressure on the NCAA here.

So sick and tired of Barnhart just laying down and taking it.

UNC's wide receiver got his waiver denied and the entire athletic department put the NCAA on absolute blast, and IT WORKED, the NCAA reversed it's decision.

It's time for Barnhart to stop being such a pu$$y.
Since he makes life time contracts for coaches, help the athlete now and the university. Probably too busy trying to keep Stoops at uk to worry about basketball

Not convinced they are phony reasons. Maybe the kid has a weak immune system. Lots of sick going around lately as it is the winter flu season, and COVID is still hanging around.
I think the kid has been sick. I really do not see any type of advantage to lying about his health. I am hoping he starts getting game time within the next couple of weeks. NCAA has to make a decision soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT